1-800-FLOWERS.COM Employee Reviews

Oh what a ride!
Grow Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMSeptember 29, 2017
Oh what a ride! Worked their for 13 years but we out grew the company. Sent us home to work & even gave me a computer! "Cosmo", my Boss, was the best Boss I ever had in my career!
Introduced me to Virtual Work From Home Experience
Virtual​ ​Customer​ ​Service​ ​Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2017
It worked well as I needed it to supplement my income at the time, The could stand to pay more considering the work that they required. Seasonal times are their peak times and you answered numerous calls . Mostly complaints.
Pros
Training is detailed and teaches you what you need to effectively do your job
Cons
Pay grade and most customers that called were disgruntled.
Great hardworking
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
It was great working here. The owners were very motivated and they motivated you as well. They appreciate all their staff and work right next to you when the busy seasons come around. Team players for real!
Typical Review
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHJuly 31, 2017
This company gives you your 40 hours but it is literally a concentration camp. You aren't allowed to read a book or to even have a magazine at your desk. At the worst you can't even have paper out at your desk to draw on. This job literally doesn't care if you die sitting there as long as you're sitting there hating life. You can never ever switch shifts here.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Benefits are Expensive, Management very unfairly, No Sick Days, No Incentives, Stuck with the shift you start never a chance to change shift
Work environment is based on department
Merchandising Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 18, 2017
Depending on the department you are in the work environment is fun and relaxing. On the operational sode it tends to be more demaning and includes 100+hour work weeks during the holiday rushes.
Cons
No 401k match, vacation based on accrual, no structure for advancing in company, small yearly raises
Great Benefits
Executive Services (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 2, 2017
Great Benefits but your work performance is not recognized unless you are liked by management. Ice cold air all summer and winter long. Leaking roof with hoses into buckets.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unsafe working environment including bed bugs, mold, and Canadian Geese in park lot. Management is bias and work performance means nothing.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 25, 2017
to answer phone and assist the customer in answering their question about how to place their order. how long the order would take to arrive. set them up for email communication when needed. let them know the benefits of using the online account as well as the mail order service. help the customer understand the benefits that were available to them.
Rigorous work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYApril 15, 2017
Great place to learn the specialty retail and the gifting industries and market. If you work in the Carle Place office aka the headquarters, you will be able to see the executive leadership management team.
Great Start to a Career
BloomNet (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMarch 27, 2017
I have interned at other companies before 1-800-Flowers and can honestly say that the company atmosphere and culture at 1-800-Flowers is the best. It demonstrates professionalism as well as friendliness and excitement. Management is easy to talk to and is always understanding of employee needs. 1-800-Flowers is a great place to start a career as you gain professional experience, meet exceptional people, and make connections; however, I am not sure how much room there is for actual growth in the company - depending on which department you are looking to advance your career in.
Pros
Free lunches, company culture, easy to talk to management
Cons
Career growth
Fun Working Team Enviorment
BloomNet/Franchise Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMarch 6, 2017
Great company to work for. When working in a department with a small team you get to know each other well which creates a nurturing environment to ensure maximum work flow and efficiency.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I"m not sure how management is now but years ago when i worked there it was a pleasure. Business Consultants were great and friendly until new management came in. I worked in the corporate office.
Pros
diverse atmosphere
Their motto "We deliver smiles!" is very appropriate and true.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 3, 2016
The managers, co-workers and customers were so friendly. I couldn't help but have an enjoyable day. The only part of my job missing was the actual product that I could only see pictures of and not have them in front of me. I enjoyed helping customers to pick out the product that best suited their occasion and the person they were sending them to. It was like a collaboration of sorts with the goal of pleasing the person on the other end of the phone. It made me almost want to be present when the recipient got their gift to see did we in fact deliver that "smile".
Pros
beautiful people
Cons
wont get rich in dollars but happiness is its own reward.
Productive environment
Temp Seasonal Virtual Agent - Cust Serv (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMarch 10, 2016
As a virtual agent I took inbound calls and placed orders, helped the customer with options, assisted with issues, research and resolved those issues to the customers satisfaction.
I learned a lot about interacting with other individuals concerning how to communicate via the web and phone.
The management was very nice and professional as most all employees is the customer service industry.
We were allowed to use coworkers via chat rooms to help with any issues and they were all very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was finding the right answer to the issue. There was so much information, you just had to locate it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers with making their loved ones happy. Not to mention working in my pj's, or tees and shorts. Being able to get a snack out of your own fridge and having lunch with loved ones as long as they were at your house.
Working at home is the best part of any job that has the option.
Pros
Work in jammies, breaks/lunch out of your own fridge, working to make people happy, and satisfying their needs to make a great experience for them.
Cons
Occasionally wait for assistance, however you have access to the answers-you just have to find it.
loved it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAFebruary 1, 2016
These are clearly meant to be used as tools. They have that studio-use look, no cutting edge style and no exotic materials to give that high end bling. A detachable cable that plugs into and locks into place. It folds easily and neatly into a compact bundle. The cable is a coiled affair, which is kind of annoying for general use as you always feel tethered, but it makes sense for pro use since you usually plug them into your mixing/sound interface at arms reach on your console or desk. All the materials look durable, and you even get an extra set of earpads, and a little carrying bag with drawstring. Of course, a screw in 1/4 adapter is supplied. Top marks for all the things you get, you don't need to buy anything else.
Very Fast Paced Work Place
VENDOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJanuary 12, 2016
This company is extremely fast paced and there is never a dull moment. I learned a lot about the products sold and the steps it takes to make a product go live for selling.
Pros
Free lunches during the holidays
Cons
no breaks during the holiday season
Management is a challenge
SALES AND SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 20, 2015
While a Holiday Manager, I was able to lead a team of 20 people. I was responsible for keeping these people tops in their work. I handed in my metrics on time, kept complaints to an all time low for my team. My coworkers were wonderful, and helped me when necessary. I learned that I am a valuable player on a team of people. Hardest part of the job was turning in complaint files. Most enjoyable was being able to hear the great compliments my team received.
Pros
Able to listen to calls, and coach as necessary
Cons
Company sold out.
Buyer
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 21, 2015
I have not worked here in over 10 years. Enjoyed working with the product team, vendors and developing strong offers. This is a serious customer relation driven company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay
Usually fast paced, back to back calls. Work environment fair.
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 9, 2015
Typical day at work is answering calls, usually very steady. I learned how to work with customers to handle escalated issues. Management varies- some were great, others just fair or not very involved. Co-workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was calming down very upset customers so we could work on a resolution.
Horrible
retail store associate (Former Employee) –  north cantonMay 18, 2015
Retail store management is bad to work for. Not allowed to take breaks. I worked 8-10 hour shifts and was not even allowed to take 5 minutes to eat something so I wouldn't pass out. Manager would never take responsibility for her own actions and was quick to blame the store employees for her mistake. HR was no help either.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Place to Work Until They Dumped Our Dept.
Work at home customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  Work at homeMarch 14, 2015
They outsourced my dept. and it went down the crapper. Stay away unless you want to be worked like a dog for little pay and can be fired at will for speaking up.
Pros
work at home
Cons
terrible pay, lousy culture