1-800-FLOWERS.COM Employee Reviews

Usually fast paced, back to back calls. Work environment fair.
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYJune 9, 2015
Typical day at work is answering calls, usually very steady. I learned how to work with customers to handle escalated issues. Management varies- some were great, others just fair or not very involved. Co-workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was calming down very upset customers so we could work on a resolution.
Horrible
retail store associate (Former Employee), north cantonMay 18, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Retail store management is bad to work for. Not allowed to take breaks. I worked 8-10 hour shifts and was not even allowed to take 5 minutes to eat something so I wouldn't pass out. Manager would never take responsibility for her own actions and was quick to blame the store employees for her mistake. HR was no help either.
Great Place to Work Until They Dumped Our Dept.
Work at home customer service/sales (Former Employee), Work at homeMarch 14, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: terrible pay, lousy culture
They outsourced my dept. and it went down the crapper. Stay away unless you want to be worked like a dog for little pay and can be fired at will for speaking up.
Friendly Environment
Corporate Gift Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMarch 9, 2015
This was a great working environment for a person like me that was attending school at the time. The hours were flexible and it was a seasonal position which worked out well during the holiday.
excellent nice working environment
QA Analyst Manual (Current Employee), Westbury, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: yes they provide
Cons: included benefit
I love their working environment.my colleges are very frankly ,they are co-operative. we all work together like family.
Highly demanding enviornment with stringent deadlines while assisting Speacialist and customers in fast paced realm.
Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: working from home and using my skills to manage my team with my personal touch.
Cons: working for all major holidays and weekends.
A typical day at work included one on one coaching for performance and metric goals. Interacted constantly with upper management either by email, phone or chat interactions. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my Specialist meet their monthly goals. Also, seeing my team grow in promotions or other departments due to my continual motivating coaching and encouraging one on one conversations. The most challenging part was the sudden projects suddenly given with at times, unrealistic deadlines.
once was a great place to work
customer service associate (Former Employee), Carle Place NYNovember 4, 2014
I loved my job for many years, then they outsourced us to another company and wanted me to take a very large paycut. I understand that this was not personal, just business. I wish them the best of luck.
Productive and seasonally driven work environment
Director Product and Category Marketing (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYJune 26, 2014
My role at 1800F allowed me to successfully execute and manage marketing and ecommerce driven campaigns to reach company goals.
productive good work, cool management
Package Handler (Former Employee), maple hts, ohJune 2, 2014
A typical day at 1800-flowers.com was a good productive day it was a lot of work to be done. The supervisor was a cool person the employees when an OK bunch to work with sometimes they made the day go smooth, and other times like any other job they were difficult to work with. management was OK the human resources guy was the coolest the other supervisors were cool. the most hardest part of the job was every now and again waiting for an order to get filled so we could continue working and keeping busy other than that things were easy going. the most enjoyable part of the job was joking with employees while doing your job.
Flower and Gift Company
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: helping customer with what they needed
Cons: inability to control weather and delivery times
A very fast paced work place.
I did many different jobs while there.
I learned about many types of functions of the business.
I worked with many departments learning a lot of new things.
Management at 1800Flowers.com
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work was fast paced with multi-tasking and managing a team of 10 people as well as being a personal representative for 376 local florists and overseeing over 3000 florists in the network. I have worked in the retail storefront as well as the corporate headquarters. I work well with others and have trained many employees over time. The hardest part of the job would be certain incidents dealing with issues from local florists such as products being unavailable resulting in them being unhappy. However, my job was to correct the issue to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing customers that counted on me for support as well as the consumers.
Fun workplace, guaranteed hours
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYNovember 6, 2013
Easy work, minimal supervision, at-home position. Phone work.
Great Company
Executive Services Coordinator (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: 1/2 hour to 1 hour meal. 2 - 15 minute breaks
Cons: long shifts 8 - 10 hours.
Typical work day can vary from department to department. Some days you take calls and other days you work open customer service issues.
Retail
Business Gift Services-Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYAugust 21, 2013
Very demanding, but not as stressful once we figured out how we properly service a customers expectations.
Productive & Fund, keeps you busy all day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMarch 21, 2013
Pros: team work, flexibility, overtime
Cons: commute
As far as I remember back in the 1990's, they were a wonderful company to work for. They paid well above the minimum average salary cap.
Management was always flexible with my schedule. They were very big into every customer every time. I learn a lot about customer service and working with computer through this company.
The hardest part of the job was the commute to and from work. Aside from the commute, I enjoyed meeting and working with a diverse culture of people.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYFebruary 13, 2013
hours 11am to 7pm. call center. sales calls, customer service calls and data entry. mentored coworkers. receive punctual certificates. co workers great. manager fun. easy going job. end shift 7pm.
good company to work for but they relocated to Oklahoma
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I was able to offer suggestions to customers looking for items. Thiis company taught me lots about customer service.
fun athomshphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: home based
Cons: no breaks
• Greeted customers when answering the telephone with a smile.
• Described merchandise and explained use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
• Recommended, selected, and helped locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
• Computed sales prices, total purchases and received and processed credit card payment.
• Answered questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
• Placed special orders or call other stores to find desired items