1-800-FLOWERS.COM Employee Reviews

Their motto "We deliver smiles!" is very appropriate and true.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 3, 2016
The managers, co-workers and customers were so friendly. I couldn't help but have an enjoyable day. The only part of my job missing was the actual product that I could only see pictures of and not have them in front of me. I enjoyed helping customers to pick out the product that best suited their occasion and the person they were sending them to. It was like a collaboration of sorts with the goal of pleasing the person on the other end of the phone. It made me almost want to be present when the recipient got their gift to see did we in fact deliver that "smile".
Pros
beautiful people
Cons
wont get rich in dollars but happiness is its own reward.
Productive environment
Temp Seasonal Virtual Agent - Cust Serv (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMarch 10, 2016
As a virtual agent I took inbound calls and placed orders, helped the customer with options, assisted with issues, research and resolved those issues to the customers satisfaction.
I learned a lot about interacting with other individuals concerning how to communicate via the web and phone.
The management was very nice and professional as most all employees is the customer service industry.
We were allowed to use coworkers via chat rooms to help with any issues and they were all very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was finding the right answer to the issue. There was so much information, you just had to locate it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers with making their loved ones happy. Not to mention working in my pj's, or tees and shorts. Being able to get a snack out of your own fridge and having lunch with loved ones as long as they were at your house.
Working at home is the best part of any job that has the option.
Pros
Work in jammies, breaks/lunch out of your own fridge, working to make people happy, and satisfying their needs to make a great experience for them.
Cons
Occasionally wait for assistance, however you have access to the answers-you just have to find it.
loved it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAFebruary 1, 2016
These are clearly meant to be used as tools. They have that studio-use look, no cutting edge style and no exotic materials to give that high end bling. A detachable cable that plugs into and locks into place. It folds easily and neatly into a compact bundle. The cable is a coiled affair, which is kind of annoying for general use as you always feel tethered, but it makes sense for pro use since you usually plug them into your mixing/sound interface at arms reach on your console or desk. All the materials look durable, and you even get an extra set of earpads, and a little carrying bag with drawstring. Of course, a screw in 1/4 adapter is supplied. Top marks for all the things you get, you don't need to buy anything else.
Management is a challenge
SALES AND SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 20, 2015
While a Holiday Manager, I was able to lead a team of 20 people. I was responsible for keeping these people tops in their work. I handed in my metrics on time, kept complaints to an all time low for my team. My coworkers were wonderful, and helped me when necessary. I learned that I am a valuable player on a team of people. Hardest part of the job was turning in complaint files. Most enjoyable was being able to hear the great compliments my team received.
Pros
Able to listen to calls, and coach as necessary
Cons
Company sold out.
Buyer
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 21, 2015
I have not worked here in over 10 years. Enjoyed working with the product team, vendors and developing strong offers. This is a serious customer relation driven company.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay
Usually fast paced, back to back calls. Work environment fair.
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 9, 2015
Typical day at work is answering calls, usually very steady. I learned how to work with customers to handle escalated issues. Management varies- some were great, others just fair or not very involved. Co-workers were helpful. Hardest part of the job was calming down very upset customers so we could work on a resolution.
Horrible
retail store associate (Former Employee) –  north cantonMay 18, 2015
Retail store management is bad to work for. Not allowed to take breaks. I worked 8-10 hour shifts and was not even allowed to take 5 minutes to eat something so I wouldn't pass out. Manager would never take responsibility for her own actions and was quick to blame the store employees for her mistake. HR was no help either.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Place to Work Until They Dumped Our Dept.
Work at home customer service/sales (Former Employee) –  Work at homeMarch 14, 2015
They outsourced my dept. and it went down the crapper. Stay away unless you want to be worked like a dog for little pay and can be fired at will for speaking up.
Pros
work at home
Cons
terrible pay, lousy culture
Friendly Environment
Corporate Gift Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 9, 2015
This was a great working environment for a person like me that was attending school at the time. The hours were flexible and it was a seasonal position which worked out well during the holiday.
excellent nice working environment
QA Analyst Manual (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 13, 2015
I love their working environment.my colleges are very frankly ,they are co-operative. we all work together like family.
Pros
yes they provide
Cons
included benefit
Highly demanding enviornment with stringent deadlines while assisting Speacialist and customers in fast paced realm.
Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 2, 2014
A typical day at work included one on one coaching for performance and metric goals. Interacted constantly with upper management either by email, phone or chat interactions. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my Specialist meet their monthly goals. Also, seeing my team grow in promotions or other departments due to my continual motivating coaching and encouraging one on one conversations. The most challenging part was the sudden projects suddenly given with at times, unrealistic deadlines.
Pros
Working from home and using my skills to manage my team with my personal touch.
Cons
Working for all major holidays and weekends.
once was a great place to work
customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place NYNovember 4, 2014
I loved my job for many years, then they outsourced us to another company and wanted me to take a very large paycut. I understand that this was not personal, just business. I wish them the best of luck.
Productive and seasonally driven work environment
Director Product and Category Marketing (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJune 26, 2014
My role at 1800F allowed me to successfully execute and manage marketing and ecommerce driven campaigns to reach company goals.
productive good work, cool management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  maple hts, ohJune 2, 2014
A typical day at 1800-flowers.com was a good productive day it was a lot of work to be done. The supervisor was a cool person the employees when an OK bunch to work with sometimes they made the day go smooth, and other times like any other job they were difficult to work with. management was OK the human resources guy was the coolest the other supervisors were cool. the most hardest part of the job was every now and again waiting for an order to get filled so we could continue working and keeping busy other than that things were easy going. the most enjoyable part of the job was joking with employees while doing your job.
Flower and Gift Company
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYFebruary 27, 2014
A very fast paced work place.
I did many different jobs while there.
I learned about many types of functions of the business.
I worked with many departments learning a lot of new things.
Pros
Helping customer with what they needed
Cons
inability to control weather and delivery times
Management at 1800Flowers.com
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work was fast paced with multi-tasking and managing a team of 10 people as well as being a personal representative for 376 local florists and overseeing over 3000 florists in the network. I have worked in the retail storefront as well as the corporate headquarters. I work well with others and have trained many employees over time. The hardest part of the job would be certain incidents dealing with issues from local florists such as products being unavailable resulting in them being unhappy. However, my job was to correct the issue to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing customers that counted on me for support as well as the consumers.
Fun workplace, guaranteed hours
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYNovember 6, 2013
Easy work, minimal supervision, at-home position. Phone work.
Great Company
Executive Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 9, 2013
Typical work day can vary from department to department. Some days you take calls and other days you work open customer service issues.
Pros
1/2 hour to 1 hour meal. 2 - 15 minute breaks
Cons
Long shifts 8 - 10 hours.
Retail
Business Gift Services-Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYAugust 21, 2013
Very demanding, but not as stressful once we figured out how we properly service a customers expectations.
Productive & Fund, keeps you busy all day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 21, 2013
As far as I remember back in the 1990's, they were a wonderful company to work for. They paid well above the minimum average salary cap.
Management was always flexible with my schedule. They were very big into every customer every time. I learn a lot about customer service and working with computer through this company.
The hardest part of the job was the commute to and from work. Aside from the commute, I enjoyed meeting and working with a diverse culture of people.
Pros
team work, flexibility, overtime
Cons
commute

2.6