1-800-flowers Employee Reviews in United States

Great Environment, Very Flexible Scheduling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAMay 25, 2016
Great work place! the managers are very fun and make all activities excitable, but how can one not have fun making flower arrangements? All training provided. Majority of co-workers are college age, with a few exceptions. With knowledge of school schedule inferences, work schedules worked around school schedules. Low paying, but you take the job for the good opportunity and work environment, not the money.
Pros
fun environment, new challenges, unique
Cons
no planned break
fun
Customer Service Representative/ admin. assistant (Former Employee) –  homebasedMarch 5, 2016
loved working there never a dull moment..i learned to have patience some customer will get to you but you learn how to deal with them
Pros
lots of calls so its busy
Cons
no time for breaks barely
sometimes a busy place, hires people that don't have a clue what they are doing
A.D.s & Creative team is great Creat. mgmt POOR (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 1, 2014
Creative Dept needs a lot of attention and needs to upgrade it's current look. The design work is very dated, and upper management needs to rethink who is responsible. Go back to the 'drawing board' and get a Graphics manager in there who knows what they are doing. Who hired THEM?... An Accountant that went into HR management? Obviously with no graphics/media experience. Too bad, lots of potential there, but very, closed minds now.
Pros
most employees are very friendly and can be helpful
Cons
must be moving every second. slave drivers, long hours with no extra pay.
A very nice and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILSeptember 8, 2015
A very fun work place with a lot of perks, I just know for now its hard to become a full-time employee because of the area its a very small customer service division
Pros
free lunches at times and raffles to win great prizes
Cons
only seasonal
Canton, OH Facility Maintenance Review
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton,OHSeptember 7, 2014
We will start off with the most enjoyable part of maintenance: diagnosing and repairing incidents with machinery effectively in a 200,000 sqft facility. There is no better feeling that you were responsible for pushing production back into groove with a quick and proper repair! The operator(s) is happy, the manager(s) is happy, and the maintenance guy(s) is happy. There is a sense of pride and, in a lot of cases, teamwork that flows through, if you have enough personnel to handle the volume of issues.

This segues into personnel. If management has the personnel they need, then I feel Job Work/Life Balance would meet expectations: 3 stars. Since I feel we do not have the personnel in maintenance, we work 50 to 60+ hours a week during our busy season. Some like it, however, I prefer to have personal time than money, thus it doesn't fit my idea of Work/Life balance.

Compensation meets my expectations. I've never had affordable dental and eyeglass coverage before. I was quite amazed at cost out-of-pay for these items. Hourly rate is expected, however, job demands can supersede the rate, at times. If you are looking into maintenance here, I'd suggest you have some millwright training.

Management seems in disarray at times, but seems to be making the attempt to correct itself and the manufacturing process through a couple different initiatives.

The Canton facility has a diverse work force, if you are unable to work with different cultures, you may want to pass. My experience here has been better than expected!

Expectations met are based at 3 stars in this review: So, 1 star, needs
  more... extreme improvement, 2 stars, below expectations, 3 stars, met expectations, 4 stars, above expectations, and 5 stars Out of this World rating. This is in line with our review process, thus I found it fair to do the same here.  less
Pros
co-workers are pleasant, decent benefits, opportunity to make money
Cons
10 to 12 hour days, shadow training, no tool/parts crib
Supportive and Focused
Assistant Florist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 7, 2015
They have gone out of their way to help me. I enjoy going to work every day, and I am grateful for the opportunities given to me.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Seasonal demands
Review
Sales (Former Employee) –  Howard Beach, NYJuly 4, 2012
I Thought the job was going to be better than it was, I started working there when I was a junior in high school. I did not like the way the place was being run, the management was very unorganized.
horrible place to work
Sales and Floral Manager (Former Employee) –  houston, txAugust 8, 2012
owner yells at you and makes you fell horrible about yourself. very mean people to work for. don't work for these people!!
Cons
work overtime that we didn't get paid for..shorted our pay at end of week
easy training and very rewarding
Seasonal sales and customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, COSeptember 11, 2012
I fully enjoyed working for 1-800-flowers and I hope to get a call for the next season??? Great company to work for!!
1 800 Flowers
Sales Associate/Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 23, 2012
I was a Sales person and a floral designer. I would help customers put together flowers, and ring them up.
Competetive retail florist
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2013
Great place to work. Made many lifetime friends. Learned a lot about managing people
Review
Sales and Service Representative- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, NYAugust 8, 2012
Fun to work here and take incoming calls from customers ordering flowers.
Pros
variety
Cons
busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-flowers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9