1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

Awesome Owner and Great Work
Got-Junk Truck Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2017
This is a job that values hard work and good people skills. It is manual labor and if your ready for the work it is a great environment to be in. One that rewards those who are fast and efficient workers
Pros
Pay, Hours, Compensation, Owner
Stressful
truck team member (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 19, 2017
No direction no one knows whats going on. An youll never know what time youll be off. They text you the night before to tell you when you work. An its a tough job in general.
Pros
Some work days arent bad.
Cons
No lunch breaks but they take it out anyways.
This place is an AWESOME place to work :-)
Truck Team Member (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTApril 8, 2017
The days were always filled with adventures indoors and outdoors, and I got to see a lot of Utah that I normally wouldn't. I enjoyed being active during the day and not sitting in a boring office job. The people you get to meet from customers to co-workers are the best part of the job besides the great exercise that you get from hauling stuff into the trucks. great ways to get or stay in shape if you don't want to go to the gym. The management was very easy to work with my schedule since I was also going to school full time.
Pros
paid to exercise, get to work outdoors, co-workers, managment
Fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Volo, ILMarch 27, 2017
The workers are great,the job is fun,it has OK hours it gets really slow but when working hours are great lots of drive time.you get to meet a lot of people.
Fun place to work, but hard to schedule your life
Truck Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2017
i had fun working here, constatly meeting new people, and seeing a lot of Utah made it exciting, but the not knowing when you'll be off, or when you'll be working til the night before made it rough to enjoy a life outside of work.
Pros
sightseeing, tips, and fun managment
Cons
unpredictable schedule, favortism, and not experienced management.
One of the best places I've worked
Truck Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible with my schedule and availability. Always interesting with something new everyday. Owner and Manager were great to work with and have an awesome work ethic. Regular opportunities/perks like going to sporting events together with other team members. Fair wage and benefits. This is definitely a job I would recommend to family and friends.
Pros
Great environment and family like atmosphere
Management sucks
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2017
I dont recommend working here they treat you like garbage and when they mess up its always your fault. the manager yells and swears at you and talks bad about you behind your back to the other employees. the hours stink they say in there ad you will be home in time to watch your favorite sports teams yeah you won't they are always losing employees so you always get messed over. This place is a joke!
Pros
Employees
Cons
you don't get lunches, and management sucks
One of the best places I have ever worked....Ever
OPS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sonoma countyFebruary 10, 2017
I love this company. I get to work with people I enjoy working with and going to new places everyday. I used to hate having to go to the same place everyday for 8 hours a day. It helps that management freaking rocks and when you're out in the field you get to dictate how your day goes.

What's great too is that we make substantially more than minimum wage. with the incentive of profit share and being able to keep some of the things you find on the job the compensation for our hard work makes this a satisfying job. Don't forget about tips!!!

All in all the culture and pride that 1800gotjunk exhibits and the investment back into crew members makes this a great place to work. The work ethic and skills I've learned here are priceless and could only be learned in an environment like the one here.
Pros
Paid lunch, new adventure everyday, great co workers
Cons
Sometimes there are some long drive times
Fun and Interesting
Truck Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sonoma CountyFebruary 10, 2017
Best place I've worked . Cool co-workers and interesting days . Never know what your gonna come across but thats the best part . Love that I'm not sitting in the same place all day . Sometimes the stuff isn't junk and at this franchise if you want something from a job its yours . Relaxed management makes days more fun and less stressful .
Pros
Hours, Money, New experiences every day
Cons
Sometimes hard labor, Long drive times
Enjoyable work environment and good enough pay
Truck team member (Current Employee) –  Sonoma County CAFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to work if you're not lazy. Can be pretty demanding at times as far as jobs go, heavy lifting and long hours . Getting profit share for profitable days is a definite plus. Management is great. Can be slow in winter months but other than that I love the job and plan to stick around for a while. And sometimes we can find cool stuff we can keep
Pros
Find cool stuff, awesome management
Cons
Fun place to work, great exercise and work culture, wage doesn't reflect the price of living.
Truck team member (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2017
Great place to work, good management and great work culture. Everyday is different and everyday is challenging. The only downside is the wage doesn't reflect the price of living unless you're getting profit share at every job. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Free junk, fun and challenging
Cons
Low wage
Fun and interesting place to work
Driver/Navigator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
This is a one-of-a-kind job. You have to work hard, drive safe, and use your brain. You must be young and in great physical condition to last here. Your teammates rely on your mental and physical abilities. "Street smarts" are handy here. Knowing the portland area will make your job much easier. It doesn't pay much but you'll gain experience in a variety of areas.
Pros
interesting job, make new friends, meet crazy people
Cons
poor management, lazy employees, dirty work, unsafe work, low pay
Fun work environment, great culture, great variety.
Territory lead (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I have worked here for 2 and 1/2 years and everyday is still as random and unexpected as the last. If you are looking for a job that has great variety in your day to day work life, challenges you, and gives you an opportunity to learn new skills and advance through the ranks you have come to the right place.
Pros
Great variety in job experiences, work days fly by
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Awesome excellent service great at explaining service info
Driver (Former Employee) –  MurrietaFebruary 1, 2017
I love this company they really helped me out with all of my junk items then were on time gave me a call ahead when they promised
Pros
Great service
Cons
Only 2 workers they work too hard
Not a bad gig
Driver/Navigator & Crew (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 11, 2017
This job was lots of heavy lifting. There were some pretty far distances that needed to be driven quite frequently. Would recommend this position to others.
Great experience & fun culture
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2016
1-800-GOT-JUNK? has been and continues to be an absolutely amazing place to work. I have never before even heard of an organization that places so much emphasis on Employee Appreciation and Satisfaction. Our Team constantly works together to improve both our daily operations as well as increasing satisfaction and engagement. Our Management constantly pitches in to help our Team Members and is always available to aid with both professional and personal issues. Our Company strives to further our professional experiences by promoting those Team Members that thrive to a vast array of positions within the organization.
In addition to all of those perks we celebrate our successes throughout the year by taking the entire Team on Paintball excursions, Pirates games, monthly dinners, summer BBQ's, and a memorable End Of Year party!
We also have an amazing 'family-like' atmosphere which has allowed us to become very close with our peers. We commonly are getting together outside of work to socialize, play fantasy football, watch sporting events, and more. We all want to be able to enjoy going to work in the morning so we strive to ensure that this is the place that does it for us.
Pros
Great culture, family-like atmosphere, gain amazing experience, good pay and benefits, and a Management Team that truly cares (which IMHO is most important!).
Cons
The occasional 'junky' (dirty) jobs and sometimes the hours can be long.
Its like a new adventure, daily
Route Team Member (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 14, 2016
I gotta admit, I did not think I would love this job as much as I do. Everyday me and a teammate, hit the field and meet new customers with new and different problems that we help solve. The culture is very performance based, which is great because management rewards high performers. We have breakfast on Sundays, BBQ's twice a month, always stocked fridge full of snacks and refreshments. And the money I get from tips is amazing!!
Pros
Tips, money, Culture
Cons
sometimes the breaks can be short
Official response from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
December 15, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and your honesty about how you did not think you would love this job as much as you do! I love hearing all the great things that the Riverside team is doing. Keep up the great work.

Typical day
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 30, 2016
Work day starts at about 7 in the A.M and you ride and go to the dump or hit you're first job. And Wow you're customers make them feel wanted and love.
Pros
Nobody looking over you're shoulder .
Cons
Long Rides, Lot of Driving, Mean Customers, Nasty things
fun workplace
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, NJFebruary 15, 2016
great opportunity to make money and bonuses. hardest part of the job is the hoarder jobs it can get pretty messy. the coworkers are pretty cool everyone is easy to get along with.
Best company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 6, 2016
The best company. It is hard work but if you don't mind hard work it is a awesome company. They always look out for your best interested. The people that put bad things about the company was probably not doing what they where supposed to be doing.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2