1-800-GOT-JUNK?

1-800-GOT-JUNK? Employee Reviews

not a bad place to work/need to know somone
Crew Member (Former Employee), buffalo nyJune 18, 2015
not a bad company to work for, the franshise i got in with was in buffalo ny, it was a 3 man crew including me and the boss. it was very physical fast paced work. there were easy jobs like picking up a few items from a garage but most jobs made me break a sweat and had me catching my breath.
Easy business model with open market in Madison, WI
Interim General Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 15, 2015
Eye opening to see how much people are willing to pay to have junk hauled away, strong company culture after 25+ years in business.
Horrible be warned
Truck team member (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 5, 2015
Pros: got free stuff
Cons: everything else
Just like some of the others. Trucks were in DANGEROUS condition and unsafe. They don't do anything to take care of the equipment. And when it did fail they tried to use the old fashion bubble gum, zip ties, and duct tape method. It was ridiculous! Then we would have our once a month meeting and hear about how great the company was doing. I asked about better pay. Holiday pay. Also benefits like dental, vision, 401k. And was told they'll look into it. I was off for 2 weeks and then was let go? Yo got junk! Some of us have babies and breast feeding wives to support you Cheap @55ess!!!! i hope that place gets consumed by its own greed and crumbles to the ground!!!!!
Good, But Could've Been Great
Territory Lead (Former Employee), Concord, CANovember 5, 2014
In all honesty, I really enjoyed working for this company. It was just the fact that our management staff didn't manage well. Management would get upset and yell if any employee made a mistake. Wouldn't do anything about some of the inquires us employees brought to their attention (i.e. missing tools, repairs for our trucks, safety issues). Overall, I would have stayed with the company if I didn't feel like my safety and well-being wasn't even a factor in their mind.
hard work but rewarding
Driver (Former Employee), Naples, FLMay 20, 2014
a lot of physical work and i have scars still from it. the great thing was when we would have some rich person who bought a couch a year prior and had never even taken the plastic off of it and they were getting fid of it and we could donate it to a needy family.
Great job
Truck Team Member (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: very interesting experiences
Cons: no guaranteed work week
This job does not come with a typical work day. One day you could work non-stop 6 am to 6 pm and the next you could work just one or two hours. The best part of these job is when you get to actually help people who need their things removed. On the flip side the worst part of the job can sometimes be the people or the crazy stuff you have to remove.
Clearing out attics, basements and garages all over the Triad
Truck Team Leader (Former Employee), Salem, NCSeptember 3, 2013
•Estimated project costs
•Trained new employees
•Managed employer resources for maximum profit
its good when its good
Navigator, Truck Operator, Driver (Former Employee), Oakmont, PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long days
during summer and nice days you will have tons of hours....

rainy and cold days none at all
hard work