1-800-Pack-Rat Employee Reviews in United States

Great Paying Job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Management is highly questionable. They play favorites, no matter the performance. Poor leadership that seems lost. Wasn't that way when I started.
Pros
Money, schedule
Cons
Leadership/Management, organization/order
Great Company
logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 26, 2015
In my 3 years that I worked at this company I have nothing but positive things to say about them. The flexibility of scheduling and work/life balance that the managers promote is second to none. Senior management is more involved with the day to day workflow that most companies. The company as a whole is growing rapidly with lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Flexibility, great culuture, great Xmas party!
Cons
Bad coffee
Average call center
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 11, 2015
No room for growth UNLESS you're a fake it until you make kinda person, a white male enrolled in the local seminary, or been with the company since they were working out of a garage. Most of the many managers do not possess the skills to lead anyone. If you can look past those things Pack Rat is great place to work temporarily!
Pros
The atmosphere was very relaxed
Cons
No real leadership
You will not last long
operations manager (Former Employee) –  burnsville mnSeptember 28, 2015
As an operations manager, I got sucked in during the off season. I had only 2 employees and needed 5. I was told to hire 3 people and I did. A few months later I was told to let them go for winter. I tried to get them back but couldn't because of all the bad reviews out there. There true unfortunately. I tried to hire more people in the spring but they never lasted. I couldn't pay them what they wanted or needed. I had to work them 12 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week. Peak comes and they work like dogs while I'm getting yelled at for not getting stuff done because I will comply with DOT regulations. There is no incentive to stay. They pay semi annually to everyone and benefits are horrible.
If a driver messes up, I have to report them to Upper management and 9 times out of 10 I am told to fire them
Pros
not much of an interview
Cons
everything
If I could give it zero stars I would
Moving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 21, 2015
The poorest management I have worked for in over 25 years in the industry. It was always unorganized, but I could deal with that. Over the last two years, there's been some pretty big changes in management and structure. Now, during "peak season", they hire anyone with a pulse. They make us work 10 to 12 hour days, but the upper management leaves at 5pm (and take an hour+ lunch every day). We can only take 30 minutes or it's a write up if we're late. They have set it up to make it very difficult for anyone to make consistent money. If you take a few days vacation, when you get back, you'll have a bad shift (nights and weekends), and you will have to earn your way back to getting good calls. During the slow season, they fire several people to get staffing to a minimum. I worked there over 5 years, and saw this cycle over and over. When I first started, they were a small center in a garage. It was unorganized, and benefits were bad, but the friendly atmosphere made up for it. That's all changed. Now, you still have a lack of organization and expensive benefits, but the militant environment from larger call centers. You can count the people on one hand that have been there more than a year.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No job security, lack of management, training is a joke
Great Place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 19, 2014
This company had good managers. Good work environment. I really enjoyed my time at this company. I gained a lot of industry knowledge working for Forward Relocation. I also got to be apart of starting a new "full service" moving division of 1-800-Pack-Rat so that was a really good experience. The hardest part of the job were the long hours during the "peak" season where you would work in the office for a minimum of 12 hours and the take phone calls as needed through out the night.
Broken promisses
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 8, 2014
Terrible management, owner, and bad pay. Management makes it impossible to make money at the call center. Lay off in slow season and never a call back
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great People, Great Company
Moving and Storage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 18, 2013
My experience with 1-800-Pack-Rat was overall very positive. The management was fair and the work environment was good as far as call centers go. Although, like all telephone work, the job was very monotonous but it did pay well and when you got really busy during the Spring you would have some great pay checks. I eventually left for another opportunity.
Pros
good management structure, great work colleague's and a fun enviorment
Cons
monotonous, hard to move into management, very hard to get an hourly raise
Fast Paced, Fun and excited
CSR Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Great company, everyday is different, very challenging.
One day can be simple while the next is extremely physical and driving for hours at a time.
Customers have all different needs, delivering at residences, to oil field locations.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
need more facilities through out the country for more business
Terrible Work place.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2012
This is a terrible company to work for. I would have to write a book to outline how terrible this company is but this will suffice for now.
Cons
very long work hours. very stressful job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800-Pack-Rat. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6