1-800 CONTACTS Employee Reviews

One of the Greats!
People Operations Partner (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 2, 2016
1-800 CONTACTS goes out of its way to take care of its associates. The belief is that the associates will then go above and beyond for the customers. I LOVE the onsite restaurant with subsidized meals, and the onsite fitness center with trainers and aerobics classes is amazing! They hire high quality employees so I love the people I get to work with every day.
Pros
Onsite fitness center, restaurant, fun parties and events, fitness-minded, internal promotions. The people are the best, you'll definitely have a best friend at work.
Cons
They are in a bit of a transition period, which just mean there are some growing pains. Everyone is learning to do things a little differently, and change can be difficult. Additionally, sometimes people are rewarded based on tenure or relationships more than talent or ability, but those politics can be found anywhere.
Customer & Compliance
Customer & Compliance Sales (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2016
Great company overall, and maintaining company culture is top priority. It's not 'just another job' and you won't last long if you get your foot in the door with that mindset. Some cohorts may lead you to believe that the incentive structure is too demanding and restrictive on personal earning potential. That's not the case, however, because decent hourly incentives can be accrued right from the start. You'll be quite impressed with all the little things the company goes out of their way for in order to create a happy, positive work environment. Pay 'could' be better, but the company does a good job of showing that pay isn't everything.
Pros
Great people and lots of little perks on a regular basis., Very easy to feel accomplished on a daily basis even though it can get repetitive., It is the kind of company that, for the right person, loyalty will naturally develop and you'll want to stay with them for years to come.
Cons
Lacking trust in the employee base, specifically, internet usage when many functions of daily work rely on having it., Albeit monitoring software and other controls are available, they restrict most everyone and I feel like a child as a result., There are opportunities for lateral movement, but advancement is where it gets tricky., Promotion is more likely to occur for knowing people rather than being the right person for the job.
Provides great customer service
Management (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 2, 2013
1-800 CONTACTS is generally a good place to work. Good benefits and they know how to treat their customers right.
Great Place to work with lots of Job Satisfaction
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 6, 2012
As far as telecommunications go, 1800 Contacts has it figured out, and does it better than anyone else. Their customer service is amazing; it's so nice to work for someone who is honest, and cares about the customer. Great atmosphere, and fun perks as well. Structure and management advance really opens up opportunities.
Pros
cafe, free soda, great mangaement, great gym w/ personal trainers, contests, customer service
Cons
pay, only one location
Work Life balance was invaluable
Phone Sales (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 1, 2014
I took this job because my family needed me to have a flexible job that allowed me to work from home.
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, no advancement
Get ready to be spoiled!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND RX SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 29, 2012
This company takes care of their employees in a way I've never seen before. I have worked for a few different companies since 1-800-contacts and nothing has come to close to my experience here. I really miss it. This is an incredible company to work for
Pros
amazing chef, low cost gormet food, gym, massage chairs in private resting pods, free breakfast, free drinks, amazing staff!
Cons
nothing.
Great company with fun people and environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 9, 2015
I loved the fact that I got to work from home and on my own schedule basically. The people were fun and I made a bunch of new friends. I hated doing sales, but enjoyed providing a great service to people.
Pros
Great food and I got to work from home!
Lots of company benefits
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work consists of calling Doctors to confirm prescription information, data entry, and emailing customers. I learned a lot about multi-tasking, organization, and dealing with lots of changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1-800 CONTACTS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2