Position Title: Project Manager - Needed ASAP - No relo required, there is up to 75% travel you can come out of the following related Industries if you don't have an aluminum background – petrochemical, refining, mining, pulp and paper, non-ferrous metals and or steel processing.
The Project Manager will lead a team to successful on time delivery within budget, schedule, and performance by developing and proving process performance measures and success after start-up of new equipment and / or process lines and to assist plant employees assigned to learn project management skills, duties, and responsibilities in accordance with established project protocol, procedures, requirements and specifications.
Would like to see candidates that are close to the following city's: (although not required)
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
The Project Manager may be assigned full project management responsibility for one or multiple projects. The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, supervision, coordination, safe and effective execution of projects. The project manager is responsible for assuring compliance with company protocol, policies and procedures. Leadership and ownership are key required attributes. The Project Manager will provide timely communication of project reporting, schedules, status, issues and potential misses or exceptions on a regularly scheduled basis. Some amount of travel will be required based on the specific project location(s). The position will report to a Senior Project Manager or the Vice President of Central Engineering and Project Management, as appropriate.
- Develop project scope, feasibility, cost estimates, and schedule.
- Prepare project approval authorizations.
- Develop specifications.
- Charter, lead, and facilitate cross functional project teams.
- Manage project resources, budgets, and schedules.
- Administer engineering and design contracts.
- Coordinate and manage installations, outages, and equipment start-ups.
- Prepare and organize project documentation (manuals, PM’s, spare parts, correspondence,
drawings, drawing lists, material listings, etc.).
- Coordinate required operator and maintenance training.
- Track, report and manage final project performance, schedule, and cost compliance.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Development and maintenance of project estimates and schedules.
- Developing the project plan, to drive out risk and ensure performance success. The Project
Manager will be responsible for the establishment, development, and oversight of measuring
success of process performance following installation.
- Maintain technical knowledge of Process systems, equipment, construction methods,
approaches, and technology.
- Participate/Lead in the execution of the project as needed pursuant to the person’s skill and
knowledge level or identify necessary resources expeditiously.
- Develop and implement work process improvements to streamline or improve effectiveness
and efficiency results of practices and processes.
- Develop specifications; participate in purchasing processes to negotiate successful
contracts or equipment purchases to conform to budget and specification requirements.
- Ensure full execution of all protocol policies of purchasing, Requests for Investment (RFI),
project management protocol, and Controllers policies. Perform, as required, the duties,
procedures, necessary to fulfill the policy requirements.
- Maintain the schedule(s), updated with progress as the project progresses.
- Execution of the project schedule and budget completion success.
- Create a “zero injury” work environment by planning safety into all project and post-
completion phases. Provided training and assure compliance to safety practices by all
parties all phases.
- Track project financials and take appropriate action to bring project to completion within
- Report project status accurately, timely, and according to protocol.
- Close the completed project(s) per Protocol.
- Train and guide plant personnel to perform local project execution, tracking, and
management tasks in support of projects or as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 6 years engineering and project management experience is required.
- A Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree and experience in project development,
planning, execution, and completion is required.
- Masters of Business Administration is desirable, but not required.
- Plant production management in a Lean production system is desirable.
- Software expertise: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and MS Project, as a minimum.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Clients will not sponsor TN visa, H1B's or transfer H1B visas.
Candidates must currently reside in the United States and be eligible to work in the United States on a permanent basis or living close to London, ONT.