10EQS

10EQS United States Employee Reviews

Great and unique place to work
Consultant / Operations Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 4, 2013
Pros: see below.
Cons: see below.
Working for 10EQS both as an independent consultant, and as a full-time employee in Operations has given me a good perspective on both worlds. I recently decided to leave this young and aspiring company to pursue a new career path outside of management consulting. Below you will find my honest thoughts – positive and negative - on 10EQS, based on my personal experience.

Growth potential:

Quite simply: Huge. Take into consideration the change in today’s labor market towards increasingly independent and remote work. 10EQS addresses this transition by offering a platform that organizes online collaboration.

Compensation and chance to move up:

Starting salaries at 10EQS are a little bit below industry standard. However, in the two years I spent at 10EQS (2012/2013), I quickly moved through 3 positions, with respective adjustments in responsibility and salary. Hard work is definitely awarded – and awarded quickly. During my time in Operations, I witnessed plenty of Analysts transferring to a Junior Manager position within one year.
In previous reviews, I see some complaints about delayed payments. Currently, this is certainly an issue that does exist, and that I have experienced myself at 10EQS. I want to stress that 10EQS always pays, and also keeps you informed about the progress in payments (everybody in the Delivery team is always very nice, and eager to connect via Skype/phone/email to discuss any issues); it’s just that sometimes payments are delayed. Coming out of 10EQS’ Operations department just now, I know that this is an issue that is recognized by 10EQS as such, and – more... people are working heavily on improving the process
Convenience:

You work from home, and pretty much on your own schedule. It doesn’t get any better. At times I missed a “real” office environment, but this is, to some extent, replaced by all the video Skype calls involved.

Colleagues and Connections:

Employment at 10EQS is project-based, and teams are “designed” for each project, i.e. only analysts and managers with relevant background and knowledge are staffed on each project. This not only ensures that the people you work with know what they are doing, but also has a nice side-effect: You’ll meet plenty of new people – many with decades of industry experience.

Ability to learn/accumulate experience:

Work at 10EQS is very diverse. As mentioned above, consultants are usually selected for projects based on their existing skill set. Still, motivated employees are given the chance to prove themselves in new domains. In the 18 months I worked as independent consultant at 10EQS, I worked on projects that allowed me to accumulate experience across multiple industries (Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Vehicles, IT, Macroanalysis etc.).

Delivery Support:

In my role as consultant, I experienced excellent support from 10EQS’ delivery team. Due to the international set-up of 10EQS’ business model, there was always somebody available to help solve any problems I had.

Overall, working at 10EQS has been a great journey. I hate to leave, will definitely stay connected, and wish them good luck for the future. – less
Would much prefer a full time role elsewhere any day but am realistic on options while recruiting
Consulting Business Analyst (Current Employee), Online (work from home)September 9, 2013
Pros: work from anywhere, convenient to work from home, sometimes interesting projects, mckinsey alums, some well known clients
Cons: ask you to write positive reviews, no job security, payments take eternity to be issued, no benefits like health coverage or paid holidays
Pros
1, work from anywhere
2, convenience factor
3, can land interesting projects
4, founder's relevant background in management consulting from McKinsey
5, some big name clients in client list

Cons
1, requests for reviews (10eqs employee asked me to share my 'positive experience' on Glassdoor and Indeed. It seems a part of a push to repair the poor reviews here. 10eqs are also publishing a stream of happy expert profiles on Facebook. I can understand if the company feels a need for PR repair but directly asking for reviews is too obvious to be going about it imho.)

2, total lack of job security
3, get paid much later than at typical employment (irregular pay days make paying bills hard to plan for)
4, no benefits as all contract work

About 10EQS

10EQS (‘Ten X’) connects clients with global top talent in a structured, online collaboration environment. We are – Read more

10EQS Photos