10EQS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Maybe others like their time at 10EQS but I didn't have a good experience
Delivery Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2013
Firstly I was paid peanuts. And it wasn't just me. After I left I had to sit through a US Labor Department interview because they were looking into 10EQS. Not cool to be schooled on how your former employer didn't obey labor laws for stuff like minimum wage or overtime. 10EQS lucked out on me because they barely paid me minimum wage if you only counted 40 hours/wk in the office and I didn't track how much overtime I'd done (alot!!!!!!) or have any proof like emails since I'd already left 10EQS. The Labor Department's Data Enforcement website shows 5 violations for 10EQS Consulting Services North America. Not cool.

It was crazy hard to find good, experienced mentors on my team. The company had people promoted in delivery roles with no people management experience so new hires were kinda their test run. It was like having to report to a bunch of new MBA's and people with only internships and short gigs before they got hired at 10EQS. They handed me work they didn't have time to do or didn't want to do and checked up on me alot to make sure I was doing it so they didn't get in trouble if it didn't get done. That was pretty much my mentoring and career development in Delivery.

Lastly people got treated differently by their office region and not just wages. Some Europe office employees could jet out for weeks to visit family overseas but still be "working remotely". I asked to work from home a few days a week because my commute was expensive and they were paying me peanuts, only to be shot down and told I couldn't. Didn't make sense. I'd go more than a day without seeing anyone
  more... in my office since the suites were spread out in the building. I hardly heard from the other US office. Europe was always calling for status checks on the work she gave me but that's Skype so I might as well have worked from home. I don't understand why there were different policies for different offices and people.  less
Pros
money saving perk if you're lucky enough to get to work from home but this doesn't always happen, the offices are all in downtown big city locations if major metros are what you're looking for
Cons
low wages, lack of mentoring or career development, inconsistent policies
Great and unique place to work
Consultant / Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2013
Working for 10EQS both as an independent consultant, and as a full-time employee in Operations has given me a good perspective on both worlds. I recently decided to leave this young and aspiring company to pursue a new career path outside of management consulting. Below you will find my honest thoughts – positive and negative - on 10EQS, based on my personal experience.

Growth potential:

Quite simply: Huge. Take into consideration the change in today’s labor market towards increasingly independent and remote work. 10EQS addresses this transition by offering a platform that organizes online collaboration.

Compensation and chance to move up:

Starting salaries at 10EQS are a little bit below industry standard. However, in the two years I spent at 10EQS (2012/2013), I quickly moved through 3 positions, with respective adjustments in responsibility and salary. Hard work is definitely awarded – and awarded quickly. During my time in Operations, I witnessed plenty of Analysts transferring to a Junior Manager position within one year.
In previous reviews, I see some complaints about delayed payments. Currently, this is certainly an issue that does exist, and that I have experienced myself at 10EQS. I want to stress that 10EQS always pays, and also keeps you informed about the progress in payments (everybody in the Delivery team is always very nice, and eager to connect via Skype/phone/email to discuss any issues); it’s just that sometimes payments are delayed. Coming out of 10EQS’ Operations department just now, I know that this is an issue that is recognized by 10EQS as such, and
  more... people are working heavily on improving the process
Convenience:

You work from home, and pretty much on your own schedule. It doesn’t get any better. At times I missed a “real” office environment, but this is, to some extent, replaced by all the video Skype calls involved.

Colleagues and Connections:

Employment at 10EQS is project-based, and teams are “designed” for each project, i.e. only analysts and managers with relevant background and knowledge are staffed on each project. This not only ensures that the people you work with know what they are doing, but also has a nice side-effect: You’ll meet plenty of new people – many with decades of industry experience.

Ability to learn/accumulate experience:

Work at 10EQS is very diverse. As mentioned above, consultants are usually selected for projects based on their existing skill set. Still, motivated employees are given the chance to prove themselves in new domains. In the 18 months I worked as independent consultant at 10EQS, I worked on projects that allowed me to accumulate experience across multiple industries (Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Vehicles, IT, Macroanalysis etc.).

Delivery Support:

In my role as consultant, I experienced excellent support from 10EQS’ delivery team. Due to the international set-up of 10EQS’ business model, there was always somebody available to help solve any problems I had.

Overall, working at 10EQS has been a great journey. I hate to leave, will definitely stay connected, and wish them good luck for the future.
Pros
see below.
Cons
see below.