1199 National Benefit Fund Employee Reviews

Very educational place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
My work experience was very educational. I learned jobs of the healthcare field which helped me the future. The management team was very helpful in providing guidance on how to deal the pension funds of the Home Attendants. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything. I loved going to work everyday.
Very nice place to work.
Receptionist/ Clerk, Accounting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2017
Working at 1199 Benefit Fund was fun as well as being a busy place to work. My manager was a good person because if you had personal or job related problems, he would try and help you work out your problems. I enjoy my time at 1199.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Good company to work with, based on individual experience.
CLAIMS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Demanding but productive workplace. Multiple tasks to be performed on a daily basis. Great outlook for future advancement. Internal training based on need.
Pros
Discount with various companies.
Cons
Decisions made without considering staff input.
great place to grow up
eligibility phone rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
started at 1199 when i was 20yrs old, was time to go by the time i was 36... made plenty of good close friends and had my first born son while working there...
the best part was helping the 1199 members with there benefits. the hardest part was making qouta as for as taking the amount of calls they wanted us to take
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
new management ment new changes
very active call center
Quality Control Reviewer III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2015
very fast paced environment, positive co-workers. heavy communication contact with membership and employers.Great benefits; great advancement opportunities.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Great place to intern
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Worked at 1199 as an accounts receivable representative during my undergrad studies at St John University. Learned alot and worked with a great group of people.
Productive enjoyable workplace environment
Outreach Coordinator/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Amazing company
Great Leaders
Learned an immense amount
Stress free job
Very productive and fast paced work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2014
A typical day at work is an 8 hour shift, 9-5. It involves documenting patient notes into the insurance and medical system, updating information, creating and editing spreadsheets, filing and mailing out letters to attorneys and firms. The hardest part of the job was the amount of work given per day, but it made the day go by quicker, especially knowing that the day was productive. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, and long lunch
Cons
repetitive work
Great Benefits/Co-workers
Provider Relations  (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2013
The most enjoyable aspect of my job are my co-workers. It is a pleasure working with each and every one of them. The benefits provided by the company are excellent.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, compensation for hard work.
Working in a union environment
Supervisor, Dental Claims Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2012
Being a supervisor in a union environment was a new experience for me. As this was my first foray in a leadership role as a supervisor, having people that reported to me that could only do very specific things was a challenge at first. As I grew into the position, I learned that while my staff could do only limited things, as a collective, much can be accomplished.
Pros
salary and work environment
Cons
inability to trust my superiors
Truly a great company to work for.
Quality Control Reviewer III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2012
It has been a wonderful decade work for the 1199NBF. I meet and worked with some great people. I enjoyed assisting our retirees with pension and medical benefits. I had the oppurtunity to participate in many rallies to acheive better benefits for our members and their families.