16 Handles Employee Reviews

Good company to move up quickly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJune 2, 2017
My experience there was overall a good one, it just ended without any employees knowing that the store was closing its doors, gave no heads up until 4 days before it closed for good.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
lacks communication
Fun Work Environment
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 13, 2017
A typical shift involved Assisting customers and assuring customer satisfaction with the product.
I learned many elementary job skills i.e. Basic customer service skills.
Management was less involved then other jobs
The workplace culture was enjoyable
The hardest part of the job was N/A
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Pros
Free Frozen Yogurt
Cons
Inconsistant Hours
fun
cashier lead (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 25, 2017
working at 16 handles is a great experience. I love my co workers and my management team . if you decide to work here you would love it because I love it .
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Very fun place to works, customers are nice, workers are great, overall, enviroment is great as well.The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with people
Pros
free food
fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
most of these jobs were starter jobs for me they were all flixable and understanding with schedules. i had lots of fun working with these companys and was able to make friends and network with all types of different people.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Overally a great place to start your work experience. Being my this was my first job i managed to grow alot and mature for better things that would come
Pros
Friendly staff, friendly bosses
Cons
Low pay
needed income
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 21, 2016
At first, I enjoyed going to work here but that's typically what a new employee's mentality is. As I learned new skills like disassembling and cleaning the machines used for the frozen yogurt, intentionally I thought I was in the running for a raise, but that never happened. I learned more and more managerial jobs hoping to at least get a raise but still that never happened. Overall my whole time there I was lied to and used for my skills without being recognized or compensated for it
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, no recognition, and dishonest manegers
Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 30, 2016
During my time at 16 Handles, I enriched my understanding of how to efficiently operate a store. My daily operations consisted of opening the store and ensuring the right tools were there to operate in a functional manner.
Pros
Free Yogurt
Cons
Overall good job and easy to do
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 8, 2016
You just start with cleaning around and making sure the store is ready and prepped with toppings for the customers.The customers make everything themselves so all you do is cashier.The manager is super laid back and understands your school schedule and all that.
Pros
free yogurt
Cons
not that many hours
fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 27, 2016
-learned how to work register
-learned how to interact with customers.
-co-workers are great there.
-the most enjoyable part of the job is giving your opinion to people of what flavor I prefer and why I do.
Fun but poor leadership
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Glenmont, NYJuly 11, 2016
Typical opening shifts involve cleaning equipment and prepping food. Closing shifts involved closing down equipment, storing food, and cleaning the store. Usual aspects of retail/food service apply, such as helping customers on the floor and cashier work.

Co-workers were amazing and always fun to be with, and supervisors and manager never acted superior and were always there to give you guidance, support, and keep you on task as opposed to issuing demands. Ownership was unfortunately extremely disorganized, uncommunicative, and rarely responded to feedback from employees.

Most difficult aspect of the job was getting cleaning tasks done in the required time, as the store was large and we were often working with a skeleton crew. The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction, as well as the general work environment. Co-workers and even supervisors all became fast friends, and formed lasting relationships.

A great first job, but don't expect it to lead anywhere.
Pros
Discount, Minimal school-season hours, Fun environment
Cons
Unpaid breaks, Small crew, Minimal summer hours
Small fun company
Catering & Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I worked here for 17 months, the senior management does not keep their word. I built several programs for 16 handles and was compensated.
Pros
its a fun company
Cons
micro managment
Productive Place to work
UTILIY AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at 16 handles consist of, customer service, Refilling toppings for your frozen yogurt, also refilling yogurt machines when low on yogurt. The management was not great what so ever, management did not care for employees, would not give appropriate hours and did not study their own management guidelines.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, not much hours were given to staff
Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York NYMay 20, 2015
The place was a good job to work at. Love the fact that so many people loved the yogurt and it was always a fun work environment where you can be yourself
not the best job
Cafe Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
this is a job for kids in high school, do not recommend for anyone else.
fun work place
Cashier/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
I was a cashier, i dismantled the systems that make the frozen yogurt. I wiped down all the counters. Everything was self service.
fun work place
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2014
a good place to work although the environment can quickly change as too much is given in your hands on days that arent busy but overall good
Pros
free yogurt for workers
Cons
short breaks
16 handles
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2014
grab the boxes and sort out the yogurt and take out the trash. i learned how to make yogurt. these were some of the best co-workers i've ever worked with. the hardest part of the job was working when alot of people called out. the most enjoyable part was cracking jokes with my co-workers
It's a decent place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 19, 2013
my co-workers are good people. they make the shift go by a lot quicker. A typical day includes doing daily finances, making sure the store is clean and making sure team members stay on task. The only thing I don't like is that the store is open on holidays and the holidays aren't paid, there is no incentive that makes you want to work on a holiday like Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of being with family.
Pros
free yogurt meal on days that you work
Cons
no lunch breaks given to shift leads unless someone else with a food handlers license is on duty
Energetic and fast pace working enviroment
Shift Leader / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYAugust 12, 2013
Typical day at work includes delivering perfect customer service and maintaining the store. I obtained a lot of managerial knowledge from upper management and from my customer experiences. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with demands of the maintenance of the store and keeping customers satisfied.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
short breaks, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 16 Handles. Our community is ready to answer.