Case Manager - Drug Court - Full Time
19th JDC Adult Drug Court - Baton Rouge, LA
Job Title: Case Manager
Job Summary: The Case Manager, under the direction of the Program Coordinator, is responsible for ongoing needs assessment, personal goal plans, implementation, support, information, referral and advocacy for Drug Court clients in the 19th JDC Adult Drug Court Program. This position requires the ability to connect with clients who are involved in the criminal justice system and are dealing with substance abuse/addiction issues. This position will influence and recognize positive behavior changes and will identify problems and obstacles that threaten to undermine the client’s long-term recovery and crime-free lifestyle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Manage a caseload of 100-120 clients.
- Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients, including, but not limited to, goal plans, case notes, employment status, community service assignments, and referrals to community resources
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator in the development of community resources and employment opportunities for clients.
- Assist clients in completing applications and forms
- Provide referrals to community resources
- Ensure follow-up and appropriate documentation of all client appointments and activities
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to assist clients in meeting program requirements and case management goals
- Assist in organization and facilitation of social and recreational activities designed to promote sobriety and peer support.
- Attend trainings that increase knowledge of effectively meeting clients’ needs
- Conduct drug screening, as needed
- Work as a team member with Judge, Probation Officer, Treatment staff, attorneys, and Coordinator to implement the mission and pursue the goals of the program.
- Attend regular staff and team meetings to review client progress.
- Work as part of a team to plan and develop client goals.
Hours: Day hours primarily with some weekend and evenings hours as necessary.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability.
Minimum Technology Qualifications:
Proficiency in the use of:
- Office equipment including telephone, smartphone, and voicemail systems, copier, printer, scanner, and fax machine.
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer Network (files, drives, and folders)
Minimum Requirements: Prefer at least 3-5 years of relative case management experience. Background in criminal justice and/or substance abuse treatment a plus. Excellent verbal and written skills required. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must. Criminal background check required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Corrections, Criminal Justice, or a closely related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to interact with clients who are under the influence or who are experiencing psychiatric difficulties, etc.
Benefits include health insurance and membership in the Louisiana State Employees Retirement System.