1A Auto Employee Reviews

This place is a joke!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSMarch 16, 2016
Started working there from a temp job agency. I worked my rear off for them. I was working much harder than the other temps (which were new every day, cause none of them would stay) and was still told to I was doing a great job. They would give me task to do and a time limit and I would always complete the jobs earlier than expected. Its real lame to hear "good job!" and "See you tomorrow", simply to get a call the next day from the temp agency saying "my services are no longer required." Every one that works there has a bad attitude, there was zero training. Well there was a little, my trainer had been there a full week and a half (and now he's a trainer lol). So glad I don't work for this lame excuse of a company anymore. If you do get a job here, don't exceed expectations and make them look bad, cause you will lose your job. If a manager has any inclination to think that you could take their job and do a much better job at it, they will get rid of you! Stay Away!
Pros
Not having to talk to bad managers for most of the day.
Cons
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!!
Stable job with inconsistent advancement procedures
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pepperell MAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day involved fielding 60-70 calls plus 15-45 emails per day depending on volume.
Prior to starting I had zero automotive knowledge and left able to repair many things on my own vehicle.
Management was had a tendency to micro-manage but otherwise was very easy to deal with.
All of the co-workers were excellent - truly looked out for each other.
Difficult customers were the hardest part of the job - being blamed for issues that aren't the company's fault grows tiresome quickly.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, free food often, great coworkers
Cons
Lack of advancement, advancement was heavily dependent on nepotism
Easy Work-Horrible Management
e-Commerce Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pepperell, MAAugust 27, 2015
I cannot express with polite words how horrible the management is within that company. They always push for advancement but never follow through, or they choose whoever the best friend of the week for whom they promote. Even if you work your tail off, its not recognized. They only want to remind you of your mistakes. Never would I recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Feeling like a prisoner being watched 24/7.
Great workplce and company
merchant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2016
Great Company, Great People, Great Concept.
A wonderful place to work and I highly recommend them.
A lot of advancement opportunities there.
Pros
Very Flexible
Cons
WInter
Fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pepperell, MASeptember 23, 2014
This was a fast-paced position which I was able to keep up with each and every day. It was nonstop from the time I punched in to the time I punched out at the end of the day. Management was very strict but also very rewarding of a job well done. We had our moments of fun but were also very focused on our jobs. The hardest part of the job was working Mondays as online orders piled up over the weekends.
Pros
excellent daily work exercise, good and fun co-workers
Cons
hours changed frequently on a daily / weekly basis
Innovative
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Pepperell, MAOctober 9, 2012
Growing company, family run transitioning into a global e commerce organization. A lot of great people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1A Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9