1st Source Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Genuinely a great place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 13, 2016
I would have been a lifer here, had a relocation not been necessary. The atmosphere is set up for one to succeed and learn, the resources available are superior to far larger banks. A genuine bank where employees and customers are known and valued, and not viewed as a number or sale.
Pros
Senior staff, genuine people, training materials
Cons
Staffing
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 31, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for 1st Source for 3 years. I always felt supported, and well compensated for my job. The singular negetive point was that some of thier technology was significantly outdated although that was 8 years ago and I cannot speak to the current status of the programs with this bank.
Pros
Tons of indepth training that other banks may not give a newbie.
Cons
Technology and I did not care for the medical benefits at the time.
Great staff
Secretary (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of answering the telephone and redirecting calls, assisting caller or taking messages as required.

I learned how to keep busy when there wasn't a great deal to do.

Management were great to me. Both my direct manager and my supervisor. It was a new position and we all worked to flesh the job out and keep me busy.

I got along excellent with my co-workers. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff.

The hardest part was finding enough to do so that I did not become bored.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I felt I was able to make a valuable contribution by assisting a customer on my own and not needing to bother management with something I could figure out on my own.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Not enough to do.
Absolute Garbage
CSR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 29, 2015
I told these idiot managers at the Customer Service Call Center in Downtown South Bend that I needed Wednesdays off no less than THREE TIMES during the interview, before I was even given an offer. They told me nooo problem, we can work something out for sure. Then I get my schedule and I'm working every Wednesday so I bring it up to them that hey, I can't work Wednesdays, again. AGAIN they tell me no problem, then fire me at the end of the day for "already trying to switch my schedule around". Like, really... really??
Not to mention as a simple customer service rep you now have to take teller training, THE FULL TELLER TRAINING. Don't let them lie to you like they did to me, they said everything would be modified and I wouldn't have to take the full teller test, just a customer service test. Big, fat, Swedish lies.
If you aren't bending over a table for this company and completely disregarding your personal life, you are worthless to them.
Not to mention their pay and benefits is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Idiotic management, CEO came to boast about his wealth during orientation
Don't know how anyone gets hired
Applicant (Former Employee) –  South BendJuly 22, 2015
My application is rejected less than five hours after submission, I don't know how anyone else gets hired unless they are saving the jobs for themselves and their friends and relatives. It does not matter if you have more experience than needed or not. The two reps who are quick on the trigger are Laura and Emily really good at rejection! Just push a button. No wonder the jobs languish on job boards, perhaps 1st Source needs to review the clearinghouse or have more oversight over personnel who are ignoring candidates.
Pros
Jobs seem interesting
Cons
No logic to level of acceptance
Well known throughout community & involved
Officer & Manager - Personal Insurance Division (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 25, 2015
1st Source Bank does a good job on put the customers best interest in mind instead of being a pushing company with everything about sales attitude. Conservative corporate environment which promotes work/life balance, but asks for strong employee engagement and as all financial services companies is facing numerous challenges, regulatory as well as technological

Some really great co-workers
Pros
co-workers and staff
Cons
little room for advancement
Not my "1st" Choice
CSR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IndianaFebruary 6, 2015
The systems there are outdated. If you aren't bending over backward for management then you won't get promoted. The Western Ave branch has the worst Assistant Manager, if you are hired to be a CSR there, he will make sure that that is all you'll ever be. His attitude towards his workers makes them quit, therefore there a high turnover. He constantly tells his workers that they aren't "liked". The Branch Manager allows him to "run the ship." If you want growth and a career, steer clear of Western Ave. which is often referred to as the "Black Sheep" of 1st Source Bank. Had I worked for a different branch, I may have had nicer things to say.
Cons
management is sales driven, don't care about customers or workers
Getting to know your customers and helping them achieve fianancial security
Client Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros
location
Cons
the pay
productive , dependable
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- TRUCKERS BANK PLAN OPs (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 11, 2014
Plenty of work to do, and job security. Some really great co-workers.
Pros
days off and holidays...no weekends
Cons
over worked staff, management
Good place to work but the changing enviroment is hard
Teller, Personal Banker, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Airport, Wesern Ave., Portage, New CarlisleMay 9, 2014
I loved working with my co workers. The clients made my day fun and exciting. I was responsible for opening the branch and supervise the staff. As operations manager I made sure all my staff followed the policys.
Pros
worked close to home
Cons
no breaks
Kmart
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 8, 2014
It is a good place for a first job. They have been around for a long time and have a lot of stores.
Enjoyable place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INMarch 15, 2014
You have opportunities to grow by taking classes. They have teller dinners and Christmas parties, as well as a company picnic.
Typical banking center envrionment
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working there and sincerely enjoyed the customers
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 23, 2013
Depending on branch, set schedule, approachable management, etc.
Conserative culture with balanced emphasis on bottom line and community service
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 24, 2013
I enjoyed working with my co-workeers
Client Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 3, 2013
I would open the branch for we can assist our customers and run the transactions that was left on the night drop.
The hardest part of my job is when I had to tell the customer that their account is overdrawn.
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and manager, we had a great time even if we where busy.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
adancement
Bank that focused on customer service.
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 10, 2013
Would cold call potential customers, creating sales. Would take customer deposits, assist with customer withdrawals. Learned a great deal about financial policies and laws. Management encouraged learning and fostered an environment which employees could succeed. Co-workers were friendly and detail oriented.The hardest part was the branch was new in the region and we had to create an entirely new customer base. I enjoyed learning the profession and helping the customers.
Pros
bank fostered a learning enironment
Cons
sometimes work by myself for 8+ hours
Great family oriented atmosphere
Lead Teller / CSR & Asst. Branch Mgr (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 2, 2013
!st Source was my start of my banking career. I learned so much and they were great. I wanted to work for a local bank and I couldn't have chosen a better one for my 10 plus years there. Advancement was good and fair. Family is also very important to them.
Pros
good atmoshphere, advancement and education were a plus
Cons
technology was slow at first
meet lots of different kinds of people
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  st. joseph, mil. 49085August 19, 2013
balance cash drawer, customer service, answer phones. run reports take deposit, payments for loans, process deposits. keep inventory of supplies
Pros
lunch hours, benefits
Cons
required to keep certain amount of monthly sales
Quite a bit of confusion as to who was in charge.
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, IN 46563August 15, 2013
Not a bad company overall to work for, but as stated in review, no consistency with rules and regulations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st Source Bank. Our community is ready to answer.