1st Source Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work with fantastic employees, just not my desired field
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 12, 2017
This is a nice place to work where you can never feel afraid to reach out and speak with anyone, whether it is to say hi or to ask a question.
They constantly take the time to show employee appreciation and also to challenge you to excel with assigned goals
For those interested in advancement it is always there
Very nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 31, 2017
I would recommend someone to work at 1st Source Bank, and hopefully they would be blessed with a fair manager like I was. The benefits are great, and the holiday parties are fun.
Pros
Very nice place to work
1st Source Corporation is a great place to work.
Private Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing face to face with my clients. I would make payments for them, pay bills, notes, initiate wire transfers. I discovered that I wanted to deal more with people than with multiple computer systems and that it was time to explore something new. Management was satisfactory and the culture was more of a mindset than anything. The most difficult part of my position was dealing with an abundance of idle time.
Pros
Security
Cons
Management, no career path
Fast paced environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 9, 2017
It is a fast paced work environment. You're given a lot of responsibilities and growth opportunity. Must have very good customer service skills. Must be able to have uncomfortable conversations with customers.
Great people and work level.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 24, 2017
I started 1st Source as an Item Processing Clerk part time. I then was looking for a different path and career and my manager offered me full time. This bank is very customer oriented but being an employee isn't too bad at all.
No room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INDecember 26, 2016
Management does not care about your personal success in life, only their numbers. Sell, at any cost. That should be their motto. Pay not competitive. Training is non existent.
Proud to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2016
Great experience in advancement in retail. Upper management is visible to retail staff. Strong supervisor support system. Client interaction is good. I feel vauled and appreciated for the work I do.
Pros
Cares about their people, good working environment, supportive management job stability
Cons
Non traditional hours, lower salary
Great job for CSR's, terrible for Managers and CSR Supervisors
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 30, 2016
New branches are a plus, fresh, clean atmosphere. The only computer system that is worth talking about is the CSR system. Its user friendly and easy to toggle around. Other than that, the other sales systems are junk. You need to have several different systems up to do your job. Even still, systems are out of date and hard to get any good information. Simple tasks would take several minutes to complete. The pay is below average, and the benefits are sub par. Vacation time is uniform among all positions, not good if you are in a managerial position and work 50 hours a week. Communication is poor with all departments, training is sub par, except CSR training.
Unacceptable practices
Compliance Specialist II/Credit Underwriter (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 24, 2016
I was called names, threatened, and followed by my boss to the bathroom and even to public places. All of this was reported. I found absolutely no protection. I had worked 8 years for this company on a low salary and put in overtime to get loans approved on a timely basis.

Bottom line- be yourself- if a company wants to get rid of you, so be it. Don't ever expect to get credit for your work. You are there only to allow your boss to keep his or her job. Just be happy to leave and chalk up the experience.
Pros
Cons
this company allows bullying in the workplace.
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 5, 2016
It was good, plenty of job openings. Moderate compensation. Ample room for advancement. Performed transactions for clients, daily balancing.
Genuinely a great place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 13, 2016
I would have been a lifer here, had a relocation not been necessary. The atmosphere is set up for one to succeed and learn, the resources available are superior to far larger banks. A genuine bank where employees and customers are known and valued, and not viewed as a number or sale.
Pros
Senior staff, genuine people, training materials
Cons
Staffing
Decent community bank
Client Services Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granger, INApril 13, 2016
I worked for 1st Source for three years. I met some wonderful people and had a lot of fun working there! I gave 3 stars for Job Work/Life balance because I was often called on my days off or on vacation. When a manager asked me to come in on my vacation(without pay) and I declined she replied with " Way to support your team". I was also told that anytime I call in sick I need to let the manager know asap about what's wrong and when they can expect me back. I feel that is a bit extreme and if I want to keep my illness private I have the right to do so. However, this may have been just the branch I worked at.

Compensation/benefits: Benefits were great! Compensation was low for the job. I contemplated many times coming back but I just can't afford it with the low pay. I feel branch managers should be paid more. I resigned when I saw my pay being capped at around 40k. I didn't go to college and work this hard for my pay to be capped.

You can advance very quickly at 1st Source but still, the pay isn't much.

Management: I had good managers and bad. As long as the manager performs well and brings in a ton of sales, they aren't looked at on how they treat their employees. Which I believe is wrong.

If asked to come back I probably would. I had fun working there.
Pros
Benefits, vacation pay, sick time, fun atmosphere
Cons
Compensation, Management
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 31, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for 1st Source for 3 years. I always felt supported, and well compensated for my job. The singular negetive point was that some of thier technology was significantly outdated although that was 8 years ago and I cannot speak to the current status of the programs with this bank.
Pros
Tons of indepth training that other banks may not give a newbie.
Cons
Technology and I did not care for the medical benefits at the time.
Great staff
Secretary (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of answering the telephone and redirecting calls, assisting caller or taking messages as required.

I learned how to keep busy when there wasn't a great deal to do.

Management were great to me. Both my direct manager and my supervisor. It was a new position and we all worked to flesh the job out and keep me busy.

I got along excellent with my co-workers. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff.

The hardest part was finding enough to do so that I did not become bored.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I felt I was able to make a valuable contribution by assisting a customer on my own and not needing to bother management with something I could figure out on my own.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Not enough to do.
Absolute Garbage
CSR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 29, 2015
I told these idiot managers at the Customer Service Call Center in Downtown South Bend that I needed Wednesdays off no less than THREE TIMES during the interview, before I was even given an offer. They told me nooo problem, we can work something out for sure. Then I get my schedule and I'm working every Wednesday so I bring it up to them that hey, I can't work Wednesdays, again. AGAIN they tell me no problem, then fire me at the end of the day for "already trying to switch my schedule around". Like, really... really??
Not to mention as a simple customer service rep you now have to take teller training, THE FULL TELLER TRAINING. Don't let them lie to you like they did to me, they said everything would be modified and I wouldn't have to take the full teller test, just a customer service test. Big, fat, Swedish lies.
If you aren't bending over a table for this company and completely disregarding your personal life, you are worthless to them.
Not to mention their pay and benefits is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Idiotic management, CEO came to boast about his wealth during orientation
Don't know how anyone gets hired
Applicant (Former Employee) –  South BendJuly 22, 2015
My application is rejected less than five hours after submission, I don't know how anyone else gets hired unless they are saving the jobs for themselves and their friends and relatives. It does not matter if you have more experience than needed or not. The two reps who are quick on the trigger are Laura and Emily really good at rejection! Just push a button. No wonder the jobs languish on job boards, perhaps 1st Source needs to review the clearinghouse or have more oversight over personnel who are ignoring candidates.
Pros
Jobs seem interesting
Cons
No logic to level of acceptance
Well known throughout community & involved
Officer & Manager - Personal Insurance Division (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 25, 2015
1st Source Bank does a good job on put the customers best interest in mind instead of being a pushing company with everything about sales attitude. Conservative corporate environment which promotes work/life balance, but asks for strong employee engagement and as all financial services companies is facing numerous challenges, regulatory as well as technological

Some really great co-workers
Pros
Co-Workers and Staff
Cons
Little room for advancement
Not my "1st" Choice
CSR (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IndianaFebruary 6, 2015
The systems there are outdated. If you aren't bending over backward for management then you won't get promoted. The Western Ave branch has the worst Assistant Manager, if you are hired to be a CSR there, he will make sure that that is all you'll ever be. His attitude towards his workers makes them quit, therefore there a high turnover. He constantly tells his workers that they aren't "liked". The Branch Manager allows him to "run the ship." If you want growth and a career, steer clear of Western Ave. which is often referred to as the "Black Sheep" of 1st Source Bank. Had I worked for a different branch, I may have had nicer things to say.
Pros
Cons
Management is sales driven, don't care about customers or workers
Getting to know your customers and helping them achieve fianancial security
Client Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros
location
Cons
the pay
productive , dependable
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT- TRUCKERS BANK PLAN OPs (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 11, 2014
Plenty of work to do, and job security. Some really great co-workers.
Pros
days off and holidays...no weekends
Cons
over worked staff, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 1st Source Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval