Who are we looking for?
We are searching for a talented and experienced web application developer to join a highly agile development team to develop our next generation web applications. This is a senior level technical role and the successful candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of developing web based applications in a fast paced, dynamic professional environment. Only individuals who like to think outside of the box, continually be challenged to grow their skills, want to have a direct impact on the success of the company, and aren’t afraid to step outside of their comfort zone need apply.
What will you be doing?
- Analysis, design, and development of new applications, new application features and enhancements to existing applications
- Primary focus will be to develop web based applications using the latest technologies
- Develop applications that reach millions of users
- Deliver projects that have a direct and immediate effect on the company bottom line
- Deliver high quality code, on time and within budget
- Join an ever expanding team of developers that are developing applications that have a major impact on the web
- Working with the latest Microsoft Technologies (we don’t do Linux)
Must Have Skills
- Experienced with the complete SDLC
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, but can still work well within a team
- Demonstrated ability to translate product/project concepts into production ready applications
- Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Passion for cutting edge web technologies and delivering great products
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
o Asynchronous programming, e.g. Ajax
- DOM scripting experience
- Knowledge of best/worst practices in user interface design and usability.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding and dealing with the challenges of developing web applications for multiple target browsers. This includes different browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.) as well as different versions of each.
- Proven experience developing both server and client based web applications
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming techniques
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with requirements gathering and design
- A drive to push the edge of what’s possible with modern browsers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with small startup company
Nice to Have Skills
Experience / knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous:
o Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL)
o Development and integration of web services
o N-Tier development
- Experience working with browser extensions / plugin-ins
- Experience developing applications for different Windows OS versions with an understanding of how to deal with the vagaries of each.
- Experience with the latest trends in web application development
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Experience with SVN and Git (CloudForge)
- Proven experience of developing software in an Agile development environment
- Ability to mentor and cross-train less experienced members of the web development team
- Experience interfacing with offshore development resources.
Experience / Education
Four year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred. Candidates possessing equivalent work experience and proven development track record will be equally considered.
We're a 2-year old, 10+ person tech company located in north county coastal San Diego – our business is well-funded, profitable and growing fast. We've built/licensed a variety of software ranging from PC security applications to social networking games. We have an awesome ocean-view office near the beach, smart co-workers and great employee benefits. And, we pay well too