Who are we looking for?
We are searching for a talented and experienced senior software engineer to join a highly agile development team to help build our next generation applications. This is a senior level technical role and the successful candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of developing n-tier, web and desktop applications in a fast paced, dynamic professional environment. Only individuals who like to think outside of the box, continually be challenged to grow their skills, want to have a direct impact on the success of the company, and aren’t afraid to step outside of their comfort zone need apply.
We're a 2-year old, 10+ person technology startup in North County San Diego. We are well-funded, profitable, and growing fast. We've built or licensed a variety of software titles spanning a wide range of industries from PC security applications to social networking games. We have well over 50,000 users of our free products, all of which deliver ads to generate revenue. We have an awesome, ocean-view office near the beach, smart co-workers, great benefits, and pay great for great work.
Our users love our products and hopefully will love them even more with the new great concepts you'll be bringing to life.
We also like to keep a low profile, but we'll be happy to tell you more about us (and our company name!) once we receive interest from you.
What will you be doing?
- Analysis, design, and development of new applications, new application features and enhancements to existing applications
- Primary focus will be the design and development highly trafficked web based applications – including client, middle tier/business logic, web services and database design/development
- Develop applications that reach millions of users
- Deliver projects that have a direct and immediate effect on the company bottom line
- Deliver high quality code, on time and within budget
- Join an ever expanding team of developers that are developing applications that have a major impact on the web
- Working with the latest Microsoft Technologies (we don’t do Linux)
Must Have Skills
- Experienced with end-to-end development of software for highly trafficked web and desktop applications from client design/development through to web services, server side business logic, to optimal database design, development, storage and access.
- Solid, demonstrable understanding of OOAD / OOP concepts
- Experienced with the complete SDLC
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, but can still work well within a team
- Demonstrated ability to translate product/project concepts into production ready applications
- Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Passion for cutting edge web technologies and delivering great products
- A desire to where multiple hats and pitch in wherever necessary
- 5+ years of direct hands-on, professional experience with the following:
o SQL Server (Db design, T-SQL, stored procs.)
o Development and integration of web services
o N-Tier development
o Muli-threaded programming
o J avaScript
o Asynchronous programming, e.g. Ajax
o JSON / XML
- DOM scripting experience
- Knowledge of best/worst practices in user interface design and usability.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding and dealing with the challenges of developing web applications for multiple target browsers. This includes different browsers (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc.) as well as different versions of each.
- Proven experience developing both server and client based web applications
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming techniques
- Direct, hands-on experience designing and developing applications for highly trafficked web sites
- Direct, hands-on experience working with highly available, highly trafficked SQL Server Databases
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with requirements gathering and design
- A drive to push the edge of what’s possible with modern technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with small startup company
Nice to Have Skills
Experience / knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous:
o Windows API
o SQL Server Administration
o Installer development (e.g., NSIS)
o Experience working with “Big Data”
- Experience working with browser extensions / plugin-ins
- Experience developing applications for different Windows OS versions with an understanding of how to deal with the vagaries of each.
- Experience with the latest trends in web application development
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Experience with SVN and Git (CloudForge)
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience configuring / maintaining / troubleshooting production servers
- Proven experience of developing software in an Agile development environment
- Ability to mentor and cross-train less experienced members of the web development team
- Experience interfacing with offshore development resources.
Experience / Education
Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred. Candidates possessing equivalent work experience and proven development track record will be equally considered.
Indeed - 30+ days ago