2020 Companies Employee Reviews

Needs better communication
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Not for everyone. If you are not good at sales, DO NOT APPLY! I worked for hours at a kiosk like table at a local HEB trying to sell their electricity plans (Green Mountain) and, even though clients said they paid the first month, I was not always given the commission owed to me for that client I signed up. If you don't make so many sales in so long, you will be terminated. The hourly pay is fair, but the commission system needs to be redesigned.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
long hours on feet, high stress, no daily support
Fast paste environment, and family like.
Professional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 19, 2016
Its a very nice and easy going environment, everybody is easy to get along and the boss is very down to earth. The management team does not play the whole micromanagement role, every body is a whole. The most exiting part of the job is when you finally recruit one person, and the hardest part vice verse.I also learn that you cant be shy on the phone and sound very confident.
Pros
no Quote to meet
Cons
The pay. stuck to one fixed hr rate no commission
Overhire and Under promise
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
I was hired along with almost 900 reps to handle a major telecomm company. When all was said and done my territory was 4 stores and I was to have 40. Needless to say I was to visit each store everyday and was seen as a stalker. Pay was great but not worth the time or effort.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great company
Brand Expert / Epson Printers(part time) (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Great pay. Excellent hours.
Good training. Supervisor was very nice. I represented epson printers at Costco and enjoyed it a lot.
I would like to work for them again.
Pros
Great pay.
Fun growth experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 19, 2016
It was a great experience for personal growth and real world experience as a salesperson. Provided great avenues for personal and professional development.
Pros
Great compensation and work experience
Cons
very demanding on your time
Terrible Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 15, 2016
This is probably one of, if not the worst company that you will probably ever see in all areas ranging from the bottom all the way to the top. I had only worked there for a short period of time because it was a Summer job for me since I was home from school. The Managers are not helpful at all and only care about money. You don't get fair pay or they miss your pay for the week. This company is very dysfunctional and unorganized and would highly recommend not working for them.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Management, Pay, Benefits, and etc.
Uneventful Experience
Samsung Mobile Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 24, 2016
It was fantastic in the beginning. Company sold on a good starting salary, only to have most of it withheld for "incentive purposes." There were times when we wouldn't get paid on time. Mileage reimbursement was an issue. Having a company not guarantee that you'd have your pay ontime and accurate is a serious issue.

Loved my co-workers, and met some really awesome people between both brands. Some upper management could use a lesson in having a personality, and being personable to your people. Especially if you don't know them.

Loved being able to travel to a different city for meetings and training. Loved the products we got to carry around. I'd have traded that in for better pay.

No talks of pay increase or advancement as the months in the company rolled on.
Pros
Great paid training locations. Awesome products to play with
Cons
Pay. No advancement.
Great Learning Experience for Labor Laws
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 2, 2016
No work/life balance commensurate with client's objectives. Our client, Samsung, was much more in tune with employees, allowing them comp days and following labor laws than 2020 Companies. 2020 pushed employees, both FSM's and DSM's beyond CA and national labor laws, resulting in 2020 finally recognizing laws and their own retention/attrition rates.
Easy and Fun Merchandiser
Samsung Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 25, 2016
Its an easy job and doesn't really require sales. You get to meet a lot of nice people in the stores but mainly you get to work your route with little interference. You get a kit and do some cleaning and make sure everything works, and make sure the signs are correct. Its easy.
Pros
Easy, fun, resume builder
Cons
Management pressure is a lot like sales but i think that's where they came from.
Needs better communication.
Samsung Retail Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMarch 30, 2016
I have worked for many merchandising companies, but this one failed to meet client expectations which made working for this company difficult. They need to communicate the client projects better with the associates.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor communication
Fun Place To Work
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Environment is great, people are great, and they really give a lot back. I am treated like an adult with a lot of autonomy. The unhappy people are not good at their jobs and should be fired; and they know it. They try to organize others to give bad reviews here and on glassdoor.
Pros
Great Pay, Weekly pay, hours, people, different jobs
Cons
whiners, incompetent manager, too many meetings
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
I transitioned to 2020 when they won the contract to sell Reliant. I was skeptical at first but everyone has been great. I get paid weekly and they have benefits. The product is easy to sell so it is easy to make as much as I can. I was part time but they didn't offer that so it has been challenging.
Pros
weekly pay, uncapped commissions, good manager
Cons
not partime
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2016
The job really helped me out. I didn't have much experience but I knew I could talk to people and their training taught me how to sell Verizon Fios...which is a pretty good product!

I was able to get a job in a Verizon store after meeting several people that worked for Verizon.
Pros
Training, commissions, flexible working
Cons
Rude people, my manager changed, weekend work
I'd rather eat Nails.
Samsung Experience Consultant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 9, 2016
To be honest, I've worked for some low life bottom feeders of the earth companies, and I've worked for managers that I'd probably literally jump in front of a train for, not even to save, but if like they just asked.

This company falls flat on every promise, pays as well as it treats you, and spits on you when you're down to save face. They don't care about you, or your life. HR must be contracted out to one of the deeper layers of hades because getting anything done requires almost direct intervention from a DM or GM just to make a change.

I'd rather eat nails, the building kind, before ever setting foot at a place of employment of theirs ever again. I'd rather die poor, starving, and lonely than accept another 2020 contract.
Pros
Eye openingly bad management
Cons
Everything.

Comment – February 25, 2016

We are very sorry you had a poor experience with us. If you'd like to send more details pertaining to management or any other specific issues you had which we could work on, please email us at community.relations@2020companies.com.

Beware of this Company
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast, GAFebruary 2, 2016
If you want a temporary job... Then go for it...the jobs are NEVER Permanent no matter WHAT THEY TELL U.....I was laid off... with zero notice....after I was assured my job is safe!!!
They lied and manipulated me and thousands of really talented people...
My advise- Don't waste your valuable time... with this company....pay is low... And reimbursements are bullshitt!
Pros
Set your own Schedule
Cons
Short term job, expenses not getting paid, all lies

Comment – February 25, 2016

Thank you for submitting a candid review. Unfortunately the nature of our business is often dictated by clients' needs, and we try our best to place people in other positions when their assignment ends. If you have any other specific details that would help us improve, please email us at community.relations@2020companies.com.

Not enough time spent at this location
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2016
I only worked here for about a month. But they were flexible with my full time school schedule, unfortunately the job varies by location, so you're never in just one place. The company ended the campaign I was on, and was consequently laid off. I was offered a position to continue for another campaign, but only at full time capacity.

Comment – February 25, 2016

We are happy you had a positive experience with us your short time here! Thank you for the feedback.

Easy but boring
Vonage Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
This is an easy job even though Vonage is a dying technology. If you can get in a store or do events near the right demographic, the sales are easy. It is easier when Vonage is runniing specials.
Pros
Weekly pay, cool supervisor, young crowd
Cons
Cold in the winter, sales pressure, bad locations
Ok work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 23, 2016
The management of the company is very poor my gm does not know when i get paid. And every other week my pay is wrong. Some workdays are slow some go fast. i learned a lot but i trained my self
Rewarding
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I am blessed that I get to help deserving entry-level people find work, and that I am part of a company that has jobs to offer.
Pros
work environment, social conscience of the company, the people, good pay with bonuses, flexible hours
Cons
lazy hiring managers, people that dont show up
Fun workplace
Product Launch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 3, 2016
Was able to travel the area. Chose my start times and built my own routes for my stores. Meet new people daily. Trained employees in multiple locations. Gave away incentives to sell products. Helped with any issues sales teams were having with the product. Created daily reports.
Pros
Free travel

Comment – February 25, 2016

Thank you for shining light on what we do best! If you are ever back on the market, please reach out to us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 2020 Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7