20th Century Fox Employee Reviews

Very corporate
Coordinator, Broadcast Services (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Its decent. Nothing creative. Great benefits and located close to the lot so lot is open for all employees. Wouldn't suggest for anyone who wants a creative role. Very administrative.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Century City, CASeptember 25, 2016
You'll hear many people say that Fox is a difficult place to advance. The reason for that is that no one wants to leave. If you learn to overlook the things that may annoy you or, better yet, set out to change them then you'll do great here. There's not that many negatives. It's a movie lot and you'll see celebrities, filming and even get to see free movies. The commute is the thing most people complain about. It's easily 1 hour + commute from the valley wherever you're from.
Pros
Movie lot, seeing interesting people, benefits and pay above average
Cons
Depending on where you work, the culture can be "boring" and not you'd expect a movie studio to be like.
Different type of sale
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 8, 2016
Selling television advertising space is very competitive and when the company you work for was nit considered one of the big three networks, since changed, we sold space very cheap in our shows. Tough to make money that way.
Great work environment
Development & Production Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2016
Enjoyed my time at FOX and would go back to work for the company again.

- Good coworkers
- Helpful management
- Always learning
Perfect job culture
Sr. Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2016
very good working environment, good location the lot have several cafes with good food and good prices. very good time working for Fox.
Army (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work is fun only because I already know what is expected. If I make myself bored from work being repetitive then ill make myself a negative person and I am a positive person .
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
When it rains it pours
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
currently alot of in house finger pointing as to who and what is responsible for loss films and how to shore up costs in the midst of the shrinking home entertainment window
had to be there
M1A1 Battle Tank equipment operator (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 27, 2016
fun
how to communicate
had to manage serialized gear
guys were smart
bad food
canned goods
hard days
brothers
they were my brothers insde of the tank
Pros
good experience
Cons
bad food
A fun and safe working environment
Music Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at 20th Century Fox. I worked in the Fox Sports, Management made me feel at home and the entire office had good energy on a daily basis.
Pros
Free snacks, live performances, lot tours, etc
Cons
long hours at a desk and outdated technology
Good place to work at.
Associate Director, Localization (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Very good place and company to work for, Enthusiastic and friendly atmosphere and people, great co-workers, very good benefits and pay top of market, really good facilities (movie theaters, audio and video studios,restaurants in the lot and nice barbeques during summer) However: to many changes on the management in my department in the last few years.
Pros
Fun and professional people, great facilities in house (audio and video labs) good restaurant's inside the studios
Cons
As I did mentioned before, to many changes in the last year.
Excellent work environment
Senior Vice President of Production (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2015
Worked under the direct supervision of the president of production and Fox chairmen, responsible for coordinating with senior management in managing budgets; as well as with the hiring and production of visual effects with an average of 10 feature films each year
Interesting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Century City, CANovember 2, 2015
It depends on the group you are in within the company each one is different. I personally think it is a great stepping stone but worth getting out to other companies to be compensated for your hard work and then come back.
executive assistant
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO SVP / CFO - FINANCE DEPT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2015
My favorite parts of my last job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no lunch time
my learning experience at fox/obel was great
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
Cant say enough about how much this company taught me still use it n my everyday life until this day. Fox/obel was a great company they actually worked around there employees school schedule and made sure your check came on time every week it was located down town in Chicago by Michigan in a beautiful spot .
Pros
free food didnt need to buy any food while i was at work
Cons
short breaks
Great Workplace
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 28, 2015
People here in the company are great. There are many opportunities to grow and develop.There are many facets in the company that you can transfer to.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Healthcare
Great experience
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
It has been a wonderful experience and its been a great way to learn about how a studio operates. Overall, it's a fun place to work with a supportive management team.
Good company but jobs vary depending on division
Coordinator of Commercial Traffic (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2015
Good people and very friendly work environment. Work varies depending on your division.

The company health insurance is excellent and employee perks are great!
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
finger print time clocks are insulting in a professional industry such as this.
Productive and hands-on
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
This internship consisted of basic clerical duties as well as creative tasks including script reading, reviewing and coverage. Although there wasn't a chance to make personal connections with the office, it was a huge lesson on the inner workings of a film studio.
Pros
Paid, interactive, fun
Cons
Dry, unsatisfying
Inconsistent Work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2015
Hours were good. Pay was low. Crew was awesome. Management was inconsistent with scheduling. Rotated crew members regularly without reason. Job was fun.
Senior Coordinator
sr. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Avenue of the AmericasAugust 10, 2015
I worked at 20th Century Fox as a temporary Senior Coordinator in the public relations department. Everyone was warm and friendly and it was a cool atmosphere. I got to attend a photo shoot and a screening which was also very nice. I was through an agency so I can't really speak to the salary as I was paid through the agency.
Pros
easy commute, friendlt people
Cons
it was temp

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 20th Century Fox. Our community is ready to answer.