211 San Diego Employee Reviews in United States

Help the community
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2015
The company focuses on helping the community with resources within the zip code.

I would take 50-80 calls an hour. Talking and showing constant empathy to people in hard life situations and at the same time guiding them to resources within their area.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No advancement, nonprofit, job security
Productive and exciting work place
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2013
Assisted clients with general information about their calworks, Medical or calfresh case via the telephone.
I learned how to assist clients in a timely manner
management was very supportive
I enjoyed working and getting to know my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was when client was irate because case was closed and had to re apply or did not qualify for benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to provide client with information that would help them to facilitate the application process.
A great place to be treated like dirt
I&R Specialist / QA Assistant / CSR Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2012
2-1-1 is all about who you know. Supervisors break California labor laws constantly and spread rumors about co-workers they don't like. Very anti-productive environment to be in. Management will fabricate evidence and rumors against any employee who reports any upper management for violating the law in hopes to make them quit or be fired.
Compassionate and respectful people working there.
Information & Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2012
Wow where do I begin. In a nut shell, 211 is a comprehensive info and referral and disaster center that services all of San Diego County. People would call in basically for help. 211 had a data base at my time of employment of 4,500 agencies and programs for callers. Now I am sure there had been much more added. But it was rewarding in that we had the tools and information for men, women, children and seniors, the disabled and for people with mental issues, drug issues as well as alcohol. We would take 80 to 100 calls per day during non-holidays. Now on the Holidays the calls would double. It was hard at times getting calls from people who we were unable to help. There is always that caller who unknowingly would call us either too late when no services would be available. 211 is a nation wide service all across the United States.

Want to know more about 211 San Diego?

Ask a question