21st Century Fox Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Work Environment
Lock Manager (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WISeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work! Management communicates effectively. Pay matches work required. Schedules are flexible, and the hours are consistent. Overall, a good company to work for.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work with many benefits. Opportunities to advance and grow and many different outlets to express oneself creatively. Great co-workers and office
Major Studios should be more creative, less corporate
Executive Assistant / Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2017
I loved working for 20th Century Fox, however it became very corporate after the News Corp takeover and I feel it suffered. So many great memories there, however.
Pros
Creative, celebrity-sightings galore
Cons
Corporate culture
Okay place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 29, 2017
Long hours with not very competitive pay. Slow career growth. HR isn't very good. One cool per is working on the lot. Days are either very slow or very busy.
overal a great career start
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
great career start, but better opportunities. the people here are friendly and welcoming. the management is great. the downfall is when a new training program starts and possibility of moving without knowing until 2 weeks prior to your move
Pros
great entry level
Cons
8:30-5:30 hours not enough work for these hours
Transparent culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2017
Transparent culture, great people, clear functions, responsible colleagues, manager are great and a lot to learn from. Would definitely recommend for a young professional.
Great opportunities, great overall vision, energetic workplace
Senior Technical Analyst, Fox Legal Department (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2017
I worked for Fox for 25 years, and grew tremendously as a technician and manager as well as a human being. It is a challenging culture, some issues, but everywhere you work has such issues. I would recommend Fox if the culture is suitable to your temperament.
Pros
Great benefits, employee activities and opportunities, good salary, training is encouraged
Cons
Long hours at times, not all management personnel are with the company vision, too many micro managers, some short-sightedness on certain business approaches
Not too bad
Post Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYAugust 3, 2017
It was cool to work on a movie. I lost my job to someone that I helped hire, so that was bad. I guess that's the movie business. Everyone is in it for themselves.
ok
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 2, 2017
a place to work with people in the city in a big building that is not as big as some other buildings but still pretty big by regular building standards
My Crazy day
Vice President of Post Production (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
My crazy day in Post Production was usually 14 to 17 hours a day. That included watching one complete film at least twice a day or more. And being in the Zanic sound mixing theater, the sound design team would play and stop, play and stop, play and stop the film to add sound and effects here and there. The producer of the film was usually in the theater with us the entire time and he or she would direct the sound team on how they wanted certain effects how they wanted them.
Pros
Great money and a great place to work
Cons
Very long hours and big expectations. If you can't do the job, they will quickly find someone else who can.
Great work environment
Re-recording Mixer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2017
22 years of great opportunities. As a leader of a sound team they gave me the tools to implement great work ethics. Together as a team we have had many return clients.
well paid for a full days work
Graphics Head Operator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
Demanding work load depending on the season/time of year but as a union employee well paid and benefits a plus. Recent changes in management making it a place for younger workers preferred with not much chance of advancement.
Pros
pays well & benefits
Cons
Low workplace moral
Amazing experience!!
Actor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
Working on a sitcom Pilot for 20th Century Fox was one of the best experiences of my life. Pay was great, the people were amazing, and the culture is Fun
Pros
Great People, Fun Experiences
Cons
Long Hours
Extremely fulfilling
Prop Maker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2017
It was an amazing place to work. I learned new skills everyday and met many great managers. The work was fast paced and the environment was accepting and pleasant.
Fun place to work for the first 8 years
Outside Sales/Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 9, 2017
Meetings, sales call, event planning, commercial shoots

I learned everything about the tv business.

The first 8 years were great then FOX was bought out and the new manager did not know what she was doing.

Hardest part of the job was convincing the clients how tv would work for them.

The most enjoyable was meeting so many wonderful people.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
New management
Fun Place to Work
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 30, 2017
Great environment. Good place to work. Management smart, friendly, productive and nice. Perks are great. The lot is fun, friendly and clean.Culture is young and hip. I recommend applying for jobs at Fox Studios.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
n/a
Data entry
Closed Captioning Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 29, 2017
I do closed captioning from home. I enjoy typing, and being organized. I really loved the work atmosphere and the fact that i got to work at my own pace.
Pros
at home job
Productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2017
Productive work place with great upper management to learn from. Work was different on a weekly basis and allowed for further hands on experience within different aspects of the business.
Overall Positive
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 22, 2017
A very good company to work for that can have a great future. Lots of changes going on at the moment but I trust management to navigate through them successfully.
Live Tv is an exciting job
SVP Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
Fox News was an exciting place to work Live TV news is never boring Being in a creative environment is both challenging and exciting Working with talented designers was a pleasure There was a management shakeup at Fox that changed the entire culture of the company The most exciting part of the job was exploring new visual effects to help tell the story
Pros
gym and cafe in building
Cons
long commute