21st Century Fox Employee Reviews

Best Boss in my entire career
Associate Manager, Legal Affairs (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2017
I was lucky enough to have the best boss in my working career at Fox. It was indeed a pleasure to work for him, and it was good to know he always had your back,
Great people to work with.
Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMay 18, 2017
The days were long and busy. The hardest part of the job was after working long hours during the weekend and had to read scripts on the weekends and give notes. It was my life.
Pros
Working on the lot, great people to work with.
Cons
Long hours and a lot of stress.
Fun and exciting
Executive Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2017
Working here was amazing. You were able to attend the shows, preview movies and shop. The staff was fun but we worked hard. The atmosphere of the office was wonderfu.
Pros
Staff, Discounts and Benefits
Cons
Pay
Everyday was new day
Manager, Technical Security Operations (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
Because the facility was a production facility. You wear different hats some days your project manager sometimes your facilities manager and sometimes incredibly long days.
Not bad
Residuals Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
but not great either, at least not in the residuals department. There seemed to be a small little clique that wasn't too welcoming to newbies, felt like high school all over again. Plus the VP was a very moody almost bitter woman who just seemed to be angry all the time.
Pros
Cool perks, free lunches sometimes
Cons
moody management (in residuals)
productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
i worked in the literary development offices of 20 century fox, the people are extremely nice and are responsible for adapting books to prospective movies.
Good Entry-Level Job
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2017
Working as a Sales Assistant at Fox Station Sales has given me a solid foundation for building a career in Sales. I've gained the confidence and knowledge to further my career as an Account Manager or Sales Representative.
Pros
Great colleagues and work enviroment
Cons
Little room for vertical movement
Enjoyed working at Fox for many years
Sr. Executive Assistant to EVP and SVP (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
• Arranged and coordinated complex schedules for 2 senior executives
• Performed standard administrative tasks (filing, photocopying, scanning, and ordering supplies)
• Scheduled business affairs conferences and negotiations with outside vendors and law firms
• Prepared budgets and researched employee expenses for expense reports
Pros
Nice people and great HR
Cons
Salaries and not good at all, even with a lot of experience
Great company overall
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2017
Fox is a great place to work. I learned various new skills and met many talented people. The culture is starting to turn into a more progressive environment that I feel can really foster innovation in the future. They are really revamping their programs to develop their employees. I have been a part of a few of these initiatives and feel they are very beneficial. I've spoken with some counterparts at other studios and they don't have development programs like Fox.

On the other hand, Fox tends to run very lean. I feel I'm not compensated as well I should be with the responsibilities I'm given. That sentiment seems to be present among most of the people in the department. But we get time off when we ask for it most of the time so I guess it balances out.
Pros
Studio lot access, development courses, education incentives, vacation time, decent benefits, location
Cons
Compensation
Entertainment job
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 24, 2017
Great place to meet interesting people and take on many challenges day to day. Hardest part of the job is being a contractor. Learned a lot from working at various locations for Fox.
Pros
free lunches, great location, new technology
Great Studio
Assistant to Vice President, Production (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2017
My first real job in entertainment was a great way to launch my career in feature film development and production. Invaluable experience and mentorship.
Poor Management
Senior Digital Asset Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Poor Management and communication. Poor culture and Job Security. Not a place you can see yourself in the future. Typical corporate environment with no room to grow.
Very corporate
Coordinator, Broadcast Services (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Its decent. Nothing creative. Great benefits and located close to the lot so lot is open for all employees. Wouldn't suggest for anyone who wants a creative role. Very administrative.
very creative experience
Painter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Work on all those movies and TV shows gave very informative knowledge about the entertainment business. Anything is possible and everything you see is not always what it seems
Creeatively stimulating environment - Every new film was a new product and I wrote the marketing release plans for each film.
International Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Five Stars! 20th Century Fox was a great company to work with. They have some of the brightest people in the industry. Fox has the record of having the two top boxoffice grossing films of all time, Avatar and Titanic. I was proud to be a part of such a great team.
Pros
Complete creative freedom
Cons
Jet Lag - Lots of international travel...
Overall the best place I've ever worked
PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Loved working on this show. The judge was great and the Executive Producer trained me to be a great producer. I also loved working on this show because there were more details in the court cases. I was able to work on arbitrations and evidence and I was also in control of my budget for each case which was a great skill to learn.
Pros
Great working environment. Love Coworkers
Cons
Show moved to LA during a time when I couldn't relocate.
Rewarding fast paced work environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Filling documents, delivering cast contracts, worked closely with accounting and payroll department to ensure paychecks and purchase orders were paid in an accurate and timely fashion. Worked closely with a small production team of 5 persons but also important to maintain positive relationships with all 40+ employees. Communication and the accurate transfer of information between departments was a must. Hardest part of the job were the long hours (12-14 hour days). Most enjoyed connecting/networking with clients as well as coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches, interactive fast-paced work environment, upward mobility
Cons
long days
The most fun, and the best people in one job
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2016
Twentieth century fox is the most fun job I have ever had. The crew worked so hard, but had so much fun accomplishing such an overwhelmingly large set! Joe Mac what up
Pros
People, enviornment, hours, food
Cons
Sore from awesome hours
Vice President, Content Security (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2016
A frugal environment, but one that rewards initiative. Lots of opportunity for those with the right skills and drive to succeed.
Pros
Enormity of the corporate structure
Cons
Enormity of the corporate structure
Experience varies by division
Director Legal & Business Affairs (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2016
My overall experience in the department I worked in was good. I loved the President and he adapted well to the changing media environment.
My immediate supervisor was a nice person, but exhibited some gender bias towards males.

I heard that other departments were miserable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 21st Century Fox. Our community is ready to answer.