21st Century Fox Employee Reviews

Overall Positive
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 22, 2017
A very good company to work for that can have a great future. Lots of changes going on at the moment but I trust management to navigate through them successfully.
Live Tv is an exciting job
SVP Creative Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
Fox News was an exciting place to work Live TV news is never boring Being in a creative environment is both challenging and exciting Working with talented designers was a pleasure There was a management shakeup at Fox that changed the entire culture of the company The most exciting part of the job was exploring new visual effects to help tell the story
Pros
gym and cafe in building
Cons
long commute
Used to be a great place to work...
Sales, Planning & Strategy, Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
Freedom and nice non-monetary benefits, but salaries are low, culture is negative/retaliatory and getting worse. No room for growth or advancement. Experience/hard work is not valued.
Good company
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2017
Fox has been pretty good to me overall.

However, whether it's because of what's gone on at Fox News or just to compete with the Netflix's and Hulu's of the world, they are working on changing the culture. This is a positive thing. Unfortunately change takes time and some groups are still working in Silos with the same sort of management attitude that was probably in place for the last 50 years or more. It doesn't seem those groups will see a reprieve anytime soon which is unfortunate.

Pay is a bit on the low side but Fox prides itself on being a "lean machine" which is not necessarily negative as they avoid layoffs when other studios are have to cut deep.

Most employees encountered are really wonderful people but should one get situated with a "difficult" manager they are on their own to resolve it for the most part.
Pros
Good benefits and perks on the lot (screenings, studio store, BBQ's, etc.)
N/a
News Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2017
Nice place to work. Always something new. Worked Part Time with not much to keep me busy. I was offered an opportunity to go back to work with Wolverine World Wide as a Full Time employee and decided to take that.
20th Century Fox
Production Assistant in Costume Department (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 5, 2017
I had a great time working for 20th Century Fox. I was able to meet a lot of new people, along with see and try new things. The experience was fun and would love to do it again.
Technology is leveraged properly
Senior Information Technology Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2017
Good team spirit; Supportive Management; Strong SDLC and PMLC. Teams work well together in a friendly environment. Facility is centrally located in Los Angeles, Calif.
Very difficult environment, but the compensation is good
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2017
21st Century Fox is a very challenging place to work. If you can work hard in a fast paced environment and deal with the politics, you can make a very good salary.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Very challenging and very polictical
Production Assistant
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 1, 2017
Great people, culture, and team! Highly recommend. Management really cares about your personal development within the company, ensuring that you learn all aspects of production and creation.
Fun place to work
Executive Director - Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2017
Management listen and worked with staff to improve overall operations. Company invested in the employees - new systems and new hardware. Bonus system was great.
Best Boss in my entire career
Associate Manager, Legal Affairs (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2017
I was lucky enough to have the best boss in my working career at Fox. It was indeed a pleasure to work for him, and it was good to know he always had your back,
Great people to work with.
Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMay 18, 2017
The days were long and busy. The hardest part of the job was after working long hours during the weekend and had to read scripts on the weekends and give notes. It was my life.
Pros
Working on the lot, great people to work with.
Cons
Long hours and a lot of stress.
Fun and exciting
Executive Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2017
Working here was amazing. You were able to attend the shows, preview movies and shop. The staff was fun but we worked hard. The atmosphere of the office was wonderfu.
Pros
Staff, Discounts and Benefits
Cons
Pay
Everyday was new day
Manager, Technical Security Operations (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
Because the facility was a production facility. You wear different hats some days your project manager sometimes your facilities manager and sometimes incredibly long days.
Not bad
Residuals Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2017
but not great either, at least not in the residuals department. There seemed to be a small little clique that wasn't too welcoming to newbies, felt like high school all over again. Plus the VP was a very moody almost bitter woman who just seemed to be angry all the time.
Pros
Cool perks, free lunches sometimes
Cons
moody management (in residuals)
productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
i worked in the literary development offices of 20 century fox, the people are extremely nice and are responsible for adapting books to prospective movies.
Good Entry-Level Job
Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2017
Working as a Sales Assistant at Fox Station Sales has given me a solid foundation for building a career in Sales. I've gained the confidence and knowledge to further my career as an Account Manager or Sales Representative.
Pros
Great colleagues and work enviroment
Cons
Little room for vertical movement
Enjoyed working at Fox for many years
Sr. Executive Assistant to EVP and SVP (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
• Arranged and coordinated complex schedules for 2 senior executives
• Performed standard administrative tasks (filing, photocopying, scanning, and ordering supplies)
• Scheduled business affairs conferences and negotiations with outside vendors and law firms
• Prepared budgets and researched employee expenses for expense reports
Pros
Nice people and great HR
Cons
Salaries and not good at all, even with a lot of experience
Great company overall
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2017
Fox is a great place to work. I learned various new skills and met many talented people. The culture is starting to turn into a more progressive environment that I feel can really foster innovation in the future. They are really revamping their programs to develop their employees. I have been a part of a few of these initiatives and feel they are very beneficial. I've spoken with some counterparts at other studios and they don't have development programs like Fox.

On the other hand, Fox tends to run very lean. I feel I'm not compensated as well I should be with the responsibilities I'm given. That sentiment seems to be present among most of the people in the department. But we get time off when we ask for it most of the time so I guess it balances out.
Pros
Studio lot access, development courses, education incentives, vacation time, decent benefits, location
Cons
Compensation
Entertainment job
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 24, 2017
Great place to meet interesting people and take on many challenges day to day. Hardest part of the job is being a contractor. Learned a lot from working at various locations for Fox.
Pros
free lunches, great location, new technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 21st Century Fox. Our community is ready to answer.