21st Century Oncology Employee Reviews

supportive and great coworkers to work with
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2017
worked with great coworkers, opening the office and greeting patients, visitors.
responsible for registering and scheduling new and existing patients.
check in and check out.
collection of copays and fees for treatments. answering phones and patient questions about payments and scheduling.
over all I loved my position at the company.
hardest part was the loss of patients due to illness.
I enjoyed meeting new people and treating patients as I would want to be treated if I were in their position.
Coworkers came to me for most issues if it was something out of my scope of responsibility it was sent to management. there was no manager on site.
Pros
enjoyable coworkers and atmosphere was that we were al family
Cons
sometimes the rolls for personal, expected to perform tasks out of the scope of capability
Sunrise office is their best office hands down!!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 22, 2017
My time spent as an employee at the Sunrise location was an overall awesome experience. From the doctors whom were always thorough, to the office manager, whom always makes is willing and ready to assist her staff and the doctors with any task without hesitation, down to the front desk gurls and technicians in the office who work as 1 unit. Along with offering medical/dental and vision benefits, they are equally fair with paid time off and your hourly comlensation surpasses most corprate medical facilities around in South Florida. I have personally witnessed this particular Sunrise office advance so greatly in just a few short years due to a change in managerial staff and the addition of another Urological Physician. It was such a pleasure to get up and go to work everyday,which is a rare thing to say for most of America, and should I ever move back to the area, I'd be ecstatic to be hired back in the Sunrise Urology Office.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, office Manager/Doctors, staff
Cons
N/a
rewarding
Authorization and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2017
working to insure patients received life saving chemotherapy was rewarding. However, the lack of job security made it harder to stay focused on your work.
company filing chapter 11 for stealing medicare funds
TEAM LEAD TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 3, 2017
you work allot of overtime and its mandatory if you want the job, it does offer free coffee,but it is very stressful and fast paced work, you need to keep up or you will get written up
Fast Paced
Insurance Verification/Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 31, 2017
Faced paced and lots of work to do. But overall great environment, my team lead was awesome. She helped in every way, no matter the work load. And we worked great as a team.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Working weekends
Loved the Staff and Dr, but Management not so much....
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 21, 2017
Was hard to know from management whether you mattered or not. Seemed to be a collusion between management and an employee, whom no one liked. Helped through tough times working mornings at one site and then opening, and q/a ing another site(miles away) for afternoon patients. Loved the patients, but management was requiring too much, without complete explanation of current position requirements.
Pros
Excellent Permanent Office Co-Workers
Cons
Never knowing who to trust from outside
Good -But could be better in salary
Goverment Collector (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 19, 2017
Overall its a good place to work , but the salary could be better. Also not good in acknowledging people for their work and they could be better in promotions .
Horrible work place. Stay away.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft Myers, FLAugust 15, 2017
Worst company I ever worked for! Poorest management I have ever seen. Sweat shop mentality. Old building, dark and depressing Awful! Dishonest company.
Please Run from this company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 17, 2017
This company is by far THE WORSE to work for.
Management sucks, nurses are rude, every one that works in the office does things on their own time and help no one. Everyone complains and nothing ever gets done and they put the blame on everyone else ! Pay sucks, benefits sucks, the company sucks !
Pros
No pros
21st Century Oncology
Commercial Insurance Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2017
21st Century Oncology of Fort Myers, Florida is a quickly growing corporation. Company physicians provide dedicated radiation treatments to their patients.
Horrible company to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 13, 2017
Management does not care about their employees. You are just a number that can be replace any time. no work/ life balance. There is nothing good to say about the company. Poor management.
Pros
non
Cons
no 401K plan, health insurance is not the best high monthly payment
Worst Company in FL
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLJuly 12, 2017
There is nothing good to say. Company is in Ch 11. There is no communication from management on details. I call that a big red flag. So heed the warning. Do not consider any open positions there unless you are retiring soon.

Culture is not good. The interims brought in to oversee bankruptcy is not managerial so the teams have no leadership.

Too much debt for this company. So run away as fast as you can. Read the reviews here and believe them.
Pros
No pros to speak of.
Cons
There are only cons to working for 21C
Nice place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 9, 2017
21st Century Oncology ensures that their nurses are well educated in the proper administrator of chemotherapy. The nurses that I worked with all worked well together as a team. I would have no problem working for this company in the future if the right position were to come along.
Pros
Company recognizes employees abilities, promotes from within
Cons
Health ins costs
productive and fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 28, 2017
calm atmosphere, wonderful co-workers always will to help wonderful team work awesome company parties and cookouts with prizes to win, great benefits and paid time off.
Pros
growing company, excellent employees
Cons
can't think of any
The most unprofessional and unethical accounting environment
Fixed Assets Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 28, 2017
I had the worse experience working at this company. The company filed bankruptcy due to mismanagement and lock of communication. the environment at this company is very toxic. The accounting and HR department do not have respect for their employees
not enjoyable place to work
Insurance Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 24, 2017
I would not work for this company again for sure they committed fraud and the employees not involved were made to suffer not the ones involved they run it like a seat shop
High stress enormous workload
Full time clinical physicist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2017
I've been quite loyal to 21st Century Oncology. Worked in the same office for 19 years, did some traveling to other states. On the positive side Florida centers provide a good opportunity to get involved in multi-modality of clinical medical physics. Negative and crucial side - the workload in Sarasota office to be fully completed with adequate quality calls for 60-80 man hours per week depending on a season. For last 2-3 years I was not able to keep up. I've been requesting help with workload: either hire additional person or redistribute/coordinate existing manpower. It did not happen. I was ran down the ground, physically and mentally completely exhausted. If you are a medical physicist interested in making somewhat more than AAPM Salary Survey... think of making 20% more in exchange for working 60%-80% more - 21st CO might be for you. If you want 40-50 hrs per week with normal pace and workload - this is not for you.
Pros
Multi-modality clinical medical physics
Cons
Enormous workload.
conveniently located
STAFF TAX ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2017
my position was at corporate headquarters, the company expanded quickly and corporate management functions couldn't keep up, lack of communication between departments led to inconsistencies. the company recently filed Chapter 11 so positive changes may be in the future.
benefits
Cons
high turnover in management positions
busy doctor, busy front desk, not enough help
Front Desk Check In (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 6, 2017
Very busy doctor seeing many patients a day, still have paper charts and need more help. Very challenging job and very rewarding at the end of each day.
Not a good place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 16, 2017
If you consider yourself one who became a healthcare provider to help people, then stay clear of 21c. This is a FOR PROFIT cancer center and it is extremely transparent that financial gain trumps all other aspects of business...even patient care! They will work you to the bone and have zero appreciation for you personal and professional well being. Every department is understaffed and overworked. There is favoritism and management needs some serious adjustments. They have cut all 401k contribution and severely cut health benefits. They are constantly wrapped up in legal issues and lawsuits and have a very bad financial outlook.

As in any large company you will find good, hardworking, passionate people, but for the most part it is not a pleasant place to work. I have given management 3 stars only because I really liked my immediate supervisor.
Pros
When vendors bring in free lunch
Cons
Poor patient care, No 401k, bad health insurance, overworked, under appreciated