21st Century Oncology Employee Reviews

Run from 21st!
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 13, 2016
This is s horrible company to work for. Management and the higher ups care nothing about the employees. You are given no credit for your hard work and nobody has even received a raise in years.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
God awful place to work for!!!!
Upper managment (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2016
Manager has favorite employees that are given special privileges. Staff gets treated unfairly over worked underpaid and voices are never heard. The office sees patients with children running around Hugh Osha violation. Staff are badger ed about overtime with no raises or recognition for Thierry hard work effort and time. Don't make a mistake and work for this disorganized company that has favorites for management.
Loved my patients
ONCOLOGY RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2016
I loved the job and my patients however management was not supportive. Management was always trying to see more patients and ran the clinic like a factory process line.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
Physicians are awesome but management can do better
Medical Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to pick up urological skills but definitely not compensated for the excessive workload. Physicians/Management demand extreme tasks to be done in a timely fashion with barley any time available to complete tasks at a 100%, due to one person carrying the responsibility of several different jobs plus traveling to different office locations.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Great company to work for
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 31, 2016
I feel the company is a great honest company, I believe I have became more proficient at scanning while working here. My co-workers are helpful when I have a question. The hardest part of my job is being the only sonographer when I work. I find working with my patients rewarding,
Good Job, bad balance
Customer Service Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 30, 2016
This job is really great, you have great opportunities to move up, and the pay is okay. However, the work/life balance is a joke. You are expected to work overtime all the time, and will be dinged if you aren't in on days off, or staying late daily.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Bad Coworkers
New employment
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Key West, FLJuly 19, 2016
I have not been employed by the Cancer Center long enough to form a opinion. I am looking forward to upgrading my skills as a Therapist. However, mu exposure will be limited as I was hired PRN.
Pros
Integrated work site
Cons
limited parking
Medical website Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 30, 2016
.productive and a good company with good benefits but with a high management and administrative turn over. This is what affects the work areas
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
health insurance, high volum of administrative and management turn over
My passion is helping people, especially cancer patients.
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2016
I love what I do full-time, I'm looking for a part-time job,anything after 5pm.Something like data entry. My keystokes are really fast.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Wonderful patients, terrible company...
LPN (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 5, 2016
It's no secret that this company is having financial difficulties. Lawsuit after lawsuit for shady business practices which is only a slight reflection of the day to day operations. If those walls could talk patients would run for the hills and they should. Patient care and common courtesy is just the start. I'm sad to have left such wonderful patients behind but it's for the best. Don't invest yourself into any division of 21CO just not worth it. They don't think about the long term and employee retention is not a priority.
Pros
PATIENTS that's all.
Cons
Lack of management, office politics, overworked and underpaid. No road rules here.
Terrible place to work for (990 Naples Office)
former emplyee (Former Employee) –  990 naplesMay 3, 2016
Although I loved the work I did, this was the worst place I have ever worked for. I had been here for 4 years, never was given a raise or any increase in salary even after I was moved to a higher position then hired for.
Management was horrible to deal with. So much favoritism, if you weren't apart of the group then you were nobody. The "group" was able to do what ever they wanted. anything from coming in late, leaving for extended lunch times, leaving early. Sometimes even leaving throughout the day for personal errand or to run errands for the manager. These privileged employee's were also apparently not made to do there job completely as the rest of us had to pick that up since we were not so lucky. Employees were subjected to bullying by those preferred employees and when brought to managers attention nothing would ever be done about it. This company has since the time I have been there lost a lot of good employees due to all of this (and more) happening on a daily basis. I quit because I could no longer take the mistreatment not only of my fellow employee's but also of the manager. I wish things would have changed as I did love my job. but nobody should be subjected to all this mistreatments at their workplace.
Pros
Pateints
Cons
Mismanagment
Alright
Financial Counselor/Coder (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 12, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of traveling to which ever office I was needed at that day. (Venice, Sarasota, or Port Charlotte). I learned a lot about Medicaid doing that job, because a lot of patients did not have coverage for radiation treatments. The manager that I dealt with didn't seem to know what she needed as a manger nor did she know how to manage. She hired me as a coder and then a few months down the road, the company elimanated the position, so therefore I was demoted to Financial Counselor. Because I did apply for that position, but needed the job I stayed until I was let go for complaining about wanting to be moved back into the coding postion. I had some pretty nice co workers, they were very pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was collecting money from patients that didn't know if they were going to live or die from the cancer they were just diagnosed with. Meeting people of all ages and getting to know them and talk with them one on one.
Pros
Great benefits and coworkers
Cons
traveling from office to office on a daily basis
My MD moved clinic's
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 7, 2016
The MD I was working for moved and opened new clinic in his new location. He was the best. Great hours, Great pay, Good benefits and good holidays and vacations
Good place to work for
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2016
Learned new software program there, and learned how to obtain auths for chemo/radiation for patients. Overall a nice company to work for.
Fabulous company
Business Development & Market Analysis (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 28, 2016
Currently working with the business development team to explore new ventures. The company is a leader in its field, the employees are first class, kind and thoughtful people, and the work is challenging and stimulating.
Nursing
Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 17, 2016
Work in a supportive role to both clinicians and patients. Assist with education, triage and overall care of patients.
Pros
patients/staff
Cons
management
Horrible place to work!!!! Ruuuunnnnnnn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMarch 11, 2016
Management was horrible! If there was a problem in the office, they would not do anything about it! Female doctors treated and talked to the staff as if they were "better" than you and let you know that too! ALOT of favoritism, if your not in the "in"crowd, you will be out the door or bullied until you leave. HR DOES NOT do their job well, this is a department that needs a thorough cleaning! So if you do accept a job with this company, you have been warned!!!

They make you sign their handbook, but HR does not follow it, you will be told "at will". Raises are very scarce, so do not expect one. REMEMBER: they just lost 2 very large law suits, this should tell you something!!

Find a job that appreciates you, because this company is ONLY out to make money, money, money. They do not care or value good employees!!!
Pros
loved what I did in my job, some of the doctors were fantastic to work with and for!!
Cons
HR lacks in many ways, if you are made to sign a handbook, they should abide by it!!, Management needs to be more educated, Physicians need to realize they are not better than other people!! They may be more educated, but that does not excuse belittling your employees!!
fair
Insurance Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 6, 2016
Very few or no raises. Little opportunity for advancement.l Lack of appreciation, favoritism. Poor benefits. I would not recommend.
Cons
benefits, work environment
It's like swiming with sharks!
Management (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2016
When I was offered a job with this company as part of management, I was excited for the opportunity. I decided to read some of the posted reviews before I gave my 2 weeks with my previous employer. I was surprised to see a lot of negative comments. Then I thought to my self, maybe not everyone is cut out for certain jobs. But let me tell you, I regret ever walking through those doors. This company is horrible and they will humiliate you on a daily basses. the patients are not getting the treatment needed because no one is doing their job. It's a ZOO in that place. you will get eaten alive!! run from 21C.
Pros
good pay
Cons
evrything!
Great Doctors & patients BUT....
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Doctors are great & easy to work with and patients are very great full for treatment options.

Unfortunately offices are extremely under staffed and employees are expected to meet unreasonable goals. No one ever felt appreciated, instead management was constantly demeaning. Multiple offices were constantly losing kind nurses and office staff.
Pros
Many different locations
Cons
Not a positive environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 21st Century Oncology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7