21st Century Oncology

21st Century Oncology Employer Reviews

Very Good Company to work
Commercial Insurance Collector (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 8, 2014
21st Century is the top leading radiation therapy company of SW Florida, great work environment and staff is very professional and friendly.
More Cons than Pros.
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 31, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Management is not "therapy" oriented in their policy making and or thinking. Many and/or most offices are short staffed. The support staff is under trained. Therapists are required to do much more than just "treating" their patients.
productive
Patient Relations Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Typical day: Active the entire day. I learned all related to Pt. Registration and more. Management: professional and fair managers. My co-workers: professional and friendly people, team co-workers. The hardest part on my job was the commute, far from my home. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the patients.
Selfish company!
medical code (Former Employee), AshevilleJuly 6, 2014
Pros: mon-fri work
Cons: insurance, pay, management, work load, and everything else
This company is very backwards! Everything is communicated thru email. No raises, insurance is terrible. Management is only out for themselves. This place is one of those companies you have to kiss butt to fit in. They do not do competitive pay either! This company monopolies so they don't have to complete. Very shady. I had a job on Tuesday and went – more... in Wednesday and the company decided to cut cost and cut my job out. No warning or anything. Worked a year and 2 months for them! – less
unprofessional manager
financial counselor (Former Employee), FloridaJune 30, 2014
Pros: patients were amazing, the best co-workers
Cons: healthcare, management, out of touch corp
Run!!! Unless you are starving! Most unprofessional managment. It was almost like high school cliques. The manager would talk badly about you to the other practices but would be all sweet to your face. No evaluation, no reviews and no pay raises. High cost healthcare with a huge deductible. Manager would say to go this direction, you implement it just – more... for her to deny ever suggesting it. It got to the point that we would write down notes just to keep track of all her whims. – less
21 Century Review
AR Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 28, 2014
Pros: awesome company, treats employees fairly
Cons: moving up to next position can take longer than expected.
A typical day at work is doing anything to assist management with reports and billing, determining correspondence priorities and who owns it, emails to department about important updates, and scanning documentation into the system for electronic submissions for collections. The position is a wonderful introduction into medical collections, the processes – more... and government requirements for collection. It also helps me to understand the details of medical codes, what will and will not be paid, and how they can be billed to third party insurance and the government. Management is great, open door policy, flexible, very experienced in the medical field, and has a good sense of what it takes to learn in order to reach the next job. Employees are very nice, helpful, hard working, and a good group of people to work with. A difficult part of the job can be learning that not all of it can get done in the same day, so learning to prioritize and communication has been the two most important keys in success for this role. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many details to learn in order to do the job accurately, there is never a time where there isn't something to do and learn! – less
I love the job I have, but Management is not good.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2014
Pros: close to home
My job was fulfilling, put the practice has gone downhill since the beginning of the year. Anything coming from corporate management was slow. I love working with the patients.
Terrible work culture
Temp employee (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 2, 2014
Pros: a few extra dollars at a very high cost
Cons: numerous- don't go there
Worked as a Temp (the company uses many temps as they cannot keep employees from what I am told). The culture was like a prison environment; culture was horrific. After the first assignment there, I refused to go there again.
productive healthcare job
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 22, 2014
taking care of critically ill patients, co-workers are a "plus", very ill patients can be difficult but rewarding in the way they appreciate you.
no growth or assistane eeoc needs to research!!!!!
sales exec (Former Employee), ftm myers flMay 20, 2014
Cons: no pay raise
Not a work family balance patiencecinluly important part dont work here
Radiation therapy
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), Naples, FLMay 12, 2014
Everything in the scope of practice as a radiation therapist
Detail management reporting
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 10, 2014
Focus on getting the day to day tactical and strategic activities on a timely basis.
Great Learning Experience
Student Intern (Former Employee), Las VegasFebruary 23, 2014
Caring therapists in a professional patient-centered environment
Great environment for learning
Medical Practice Administrator (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Cons: learning and developmemt of the ofthe company
21 st Century pay rate and employee increase is very poor. The highest pay increase is .5% and some practices: no increase in over 5 years.
Run, Don't walk inside! Coldest place on earth...
HIM SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: nothing positive to say
Cons: atmosphere was awful
I worked in medical records at their Corporate Headquarters. This whole place sucked the air out of you. It is poision. A lot of back stabbing, gossipping and clique like atmosphere as well. Bosses do NOT listen to their employees. Bonuses? Never got one. My boss ~ he was dishonest. The other boss, a female, she was a not nice to work with. I fetl sorry – more... for her daughter who worked there as well. No one seemed to like her, but she seemed to be a really nice and caring person, unlike her mother.

There was one person in HR that backed you, but she soon was promoted elsewhere. Once she moved onto the new position, you knew that your ally was gone.

There was nothing enjoyable about this place. – less
A good company
Physician Assistant, Certified (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 4, 2014
Office visits and physical examinations. No procedures. High volume practice. Strange hours, many long days. Company does not contribute to 401K.
Good Company poor training
Insurance Verification/Authorization (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 17, 2013
This is a good company but the training leaves much to be desired.
Fun place to work for, staff's are great.
Medical Assistant/Patient Educator (Current Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules and great staff
Cons: no raises.
Top of the top equiptment when treating cancer patients. Not a lot of clinics if California, hope they expand in California soon.
A very fun place to work for my externship
Externship (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free cookies and coffee
Cons: short breaks
I really enjoyed working here. Everyday I came in and my manager normally assigned something for me to do. I would code dictations, prepare the mail that had to go out, and various other tasks. The whole day involved coding, observing billing, filing, scanning documents, faxing documents, handling phone calls, confirming appointments, and various other – more... tasks. Working here allowed me to learn how it is working in a medical field environment. Management seems to do their job well because everyone stays on task and does their job. My co-workers were very nice and helpful to me. They taught me how to do many things that you're expected to do in the medical field. The hardest part of the job was having to leave because of my externship being over. I really liked working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing coding. I always enjoyed coding. – less
good company
Current Employee (Current Employee), Fort MyersOctober 17, 2013
Its an overall good company...a little unorganized but okay to work for.

1 2 3

About 21st Century Oncology

Radiation Therapy Services (RTSI) operates almost 120 radiation treatment centers in several countries, including seven that involve – Read more