24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), West Covina, CASeptember 15, 2014
Fun place to work except the compensation for being a Membership Counselor is too great. sure you can move up but, compared to what you can be making if it were commission isn't good.
Working in a gym is a great way to get in shape if you are not or stay in shape if you are.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free membership, access to all gyms nation wide, meeting different kinds of people
Cons: no steady schedule
A typical day at work is very calm until peek hours. A lot of the time during your shift you are preparing for the next peek time to arrive. While in this position i learned to always prepare for the worst. I also learned different styles to teach others. Being the lowest manager at work gave me the opportunity to learn from other managers. I learned – more... to separate myself from my team and be a leader. My co-workers were very realistic and easy to work with. We set goals and accomplished them together. The hardest part of the job is working a crazy schedule. There is not much stability and your scheduled based on the business needs. The most enjoyable part is being able to connect and build a relationship with the members you see everyday. The people make the job more enjoyable. – less
Great Place to inspire and promote health
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Altadena, CASeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for 24hour Fitness I had great rapport with guest and I love helping them take the 1st step toward health and exercise.
Fun workplace
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Current Employee), portland, oregonSeptember 7, 2014
Good people, fun atmosphere, flexible schedule. This has been a great first time sales position. We do not work on commission so it allows us to really focus on the customer and never have to be pushy. Have learned a lot of useful skills and have become very comfortable interacting with people of all backgrounds on a daily basis.
Fun work place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Katy, TXSeptember 4, 2014
I became a trainer because I love being around fitness and keeping myself fit. I like going to the gym and helping people with their health goals and transformations.
Awesome place to work.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 31, 2014
I love working for 24 Hour Fitness and plan on being there for a long time. I'm simply looking for a job in Physical Therapy, part-time, since that is what I'm studying for and would like to start gaining experience in the field as soon as I can.
Personal trainers = glorified sales reps = churn and burn
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 29, 2014
Pros: nice facility
Cons: politics, selling pressure, co-worker competition, low wage, low payout, delayed benefits, weak management
Pie-in-the-sky expectations from hiring manager in terms of income potential. GM was aloof and out of touch with staff and clients - couldn't fulfill the role, especially in Gucci shoes, $2000 suits, and coiffed hair. Disrespectful, know-it-all millennial "assistant managers" in the PT department need a lesson in civility. Also a conflict of interest – more... when a PT "manager" is dating another PT! Most of the PT staff was nice and supportive. The newer PTs frown on new PTs coming in and cutting into their business. Lots of politics between the sales staff and the PTs to get the new members before they're churned and burned. You'll be asked to canvas the gym floor to look for prospects that have already been approached a hundred times. "Master Trainers" receive that distinction simply based on the amount of clients they've serviced = meaningless. As a new PT, be prepared to sell, sell, sell! and if you can't close, you'll have the Fitness Manager there to help you convince a member how they need a PT package. This company has to have the worst payout percentage in the industry while you make $8.00 an hour. So, if you're not building your business you're screwed. As a PT, your payout grows as you reach milestones in terms of "servicing" clients. The facility is only a few years old and has all the bells and whistles. It's not an Equinox, but it's the next step down. They have a very nice Personal Training area where PTs and their clients have preferred access. Health benefits after 6 months is atrocious in an industry (a facility that promotes health and well-being) where you're exposed to the public everyday (body fluids) and illness. It may be a good place to cut your teeth in the industry but you'll be hard pressed to ascend the ranks with this company unless you can close the sale. – less
Busy and fast paced work environment
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLAugust 28, 2014
meet and greet customers and ensure top quality customer service
TIile company family owned
Personal Trainer/Weekend director (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2014
learned how to set lay tile management was all my family members
Positive and educational work place
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: not much spare time if you want to be successful in sales
Customer service is key
learned most of what I know of sales/sales processes
Coworkers are family
Fun workplace with a great team atmosphere
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Escondido, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free membership to any 24 hour fitness club in the nation
Cons: low member/potential buyer ratio
Through my time at 24 Hour Fitness, I've learned a lot about sales and what motivates other people to engage in a healthy lifestyle. My co-workers are great in that they are always welcoming towards not just myself but each other and members of the club. I believe the hardest part of the job is getting potential buyers of training to fully commit to – more... themselves and their well-being. – less
Fun and energetic work environment
Fitness Manager/Master Trainer (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 22, 2014
My typical day at the gym is solely dedicated to motivating and encouraging a healthy lifestyle to as many lives as possible. I have the opportunity to teach fitness, educate about nutrition or to simply just say, "have a great work out" on an hourly basis.
The best part of the job is being able to see someone change their lives in a healthy way that – more... someday may save their lives. I love a challenge whether it comes to a client being emotionally blocked to take that step forward or a client that has multiple muscular deviations or a disability that require specific program design.
The environment is very energetic and your co-workers all have the same motivation and interest in fitness and helping people as you which only adds to your daily inspiration. Management is very encouraging and challenges you not only as an employee but as a balanced and successful person as well. – less
for the fitness industry its one of the best.
Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer (Current Employee), portland, orAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fitness focused, and great clubs
Cons: hard to move up, and sales driven but that the business
Always driving to increase sales from all aspects so it can wear you but most staff and management live and practice the brand and fitness.
Fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2014
Pros: large location with a lot of traffic which brought in a good amount of people as prospect clients
Working for 24 Hour Fitness was a great experience! It was hard work but working with people and learning how to help them on their fitness journey was very satisfactory! Management was very friendly and helpful.
unique team dynamic
Membership Counselor (Current Employee), Industry, CAAugust 13, 2014
as a membership counselor you get the opportunity to meet many people, create connections with team members, and management provides excellent growth opportunities.
Great People
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 11, 2014
Always being able to talk to someone new and learn new things
Great workplace
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), CAAugust 11, 2014
Worked with clients at leading California fitness center to develop

fitness plans, motivate, direct exercise campaigns, and track progress
Laid back environment where you can have fun but still be serious when it matters. exercise equipment childcare and fun employees to work with.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free membership, support system, flexible hours, fun environment, good management, healthy place to be
Cons: sallary
- A typical day at work for me included opening the gym and opening up the Supplements in order to ensure satisfaction to costumers.
-Greeting by name the members of the gym that came in to work out.
- Checking the club to make sure it stayed safe and maintained as our company promised.
- Helping the customers when they were ready to make a purchase – more... and auditing our stock when needed.
- Restocking the shelves bathrooms and re-wracking the weights to ensure safety on the workout floor.
- Conversations with the members to maintain a good relationship with them to continue having a life changing experience as we helped them continue to reach their goals and to create a family atmosphere where thy felt the most comfortable.
- Co- workers were the best.
- Continuing to work together and collaborate, with intentions of keeping our members happy and healthy as we created and presented a fun environment.
- Ultimately Making it a fun place to be. – less
Productive and Fun Workplace
Service Representative (Current Employee), Valley Ranch, TexasAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free membership, discounted merchandise, discounted training
Walk in to big smiles and greetings from my coworkers and members at 24. Easy and loving job. Watch over the building and make sure everything runs perfect. If any faults, just a quick touch up should do the trick.
Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great environment, great people
A typical day at work mostly consisted of: Setting up the register, maintaining the front desk computers and phones. Pool checks, Stocking supplies when needed. Balancing register at the end of every shift.
Cross trained to work with children.
Management was great. Very understanding.
All the employees were like a happy family. We enjoyed each others – more... company.
Hardest part of the job was saying goodbye when it came time to move.
Loved everything about the job, would do it all again. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Photos