24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Great environment
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 10, 2016
24 Hour fitness has a great environment and attracts some of the best people to work with.I was promoted to the assistant sales manager and was able to lead a team of sales advisors by helping them change lives through fitness.
Who wouldn't love working at a gym
Kids Club Attendant/ Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Company offer great incentives and benefits, not so understanding when it came to schedule flexibility. Management rotated horribly but they are very great people
Great energy and team!
Sales Associate, Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2016
Great vibes, happy clients, open all day! If you love to work out it's a great job. Good career job and part time if your in school.
Hard worker and a good company to start a career
24 Fitness Hour Operations & Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Surpassed sales & operations objectives on a yearly basis. Core focus on upgrading existing & attaining new member accounts. Generated average monthly revenue of over $70,000. Circle of Excellence 2007, 2008.

Mentored new hire employees & under-performing membership sales counselors. Coached, trained, & supervised new hires, & under-performing membership counselors on a daily basis. Attained corporate objectives which resulted in improved employee morale. Minimized & decreased employee turnover rate.

Ensured & monitored flawless cash management & banking. Implemented cash operation guidelines & accountability during shift operations. Resulted in balanced daily transaction reports & reduced loss storage.

Increased sales performance & productivity; implemented strict operations procedures to lower costs. Coordinated weekly trainings for sales & operations team members & monitored progress. Lowered gym operation costs by $12,000 a year & increased sales revenue by 150% monthly.
Awesome company Great place to grow
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I loved being a leader of the sales team with 24 Hour fitness. I spent my early to mid 20s growing and developing into the professional I am today. I learned alot about business and life while working for this great company.

Nothing bad to say.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
work life balance can be tricky
Enjoyable if you like sales
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 2, 2016
This job was fun because I enjoy the fitness lifestyle. My peers and managers were fun and easy to work with. This job is more suitable for a person that enjoys sales and a commission environment. I learned how important it is to build relationships with guest and members in order to show them that you support their lifestyle.
Great work enviroment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Management was very good on day to day operations. Had a family feel to the team members. Very enjoyable place to work for. Pay structure is a weird version of commission, not the best but still good pay.
Pros
Free Membership to gyms and discounts on products
Cons
Pay
low pay and bad schedules.
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Great company to work for if your just out of high school and need a small amount of money to survive while your living with your parents.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not enough hours, low pay, revolving/random scheduling, no raises, will not allow you to work full time unless you are management.
Love they large gym style job this is for you!
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJanuary 26, 2016
Come in early scope the floor see if you can get new clients
I learned how ruthless personal training can be
Management needs to be aware of how to workout or even run a gym at times..
Hardest part of the job is putting up with corporate
Best part of the job is the social aspect
Typical day of work and management
SUMMER KIDS CLUB WORKER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 19, 2016
A typical work day at 24 hour fitness was never the same everyday. We would get new kids, kids with autism and down syndrome, babies, and many more variety. It was a challenge at times but being that they could only stay for a maximum of 2 hours made it a little easier. I had a close bond with a few of the kids there. It would make me look forward to going to work some days. Management at 24 hour fitness wasn't as organized as you would expect a management team to be.
Pros
Bond with the kids
Cons
split shifts and bad communication
Unfortunate Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2016
When hired for the night shift I was expected to work as a manager, customer service representative, maintenance, and security.

I was the only employee there throughout the night in a high crime area. I had individuals who were drunk, aggressive, and one woman covered in blood screaming for me to call the police.

When I brought my concerns for my personal safety to management I was simply told "This job's not for everyone."

The compensation of 7.25/hr was not worth the aggravation, and anxiety of such a high risk environment.

When I informed my supervisor that I was leaving to serve in the Air Force I was told that I was expected to continue to work my schedule, claiming I never informed him about my military obligation.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Low Pay, Hostile Work Environment
great place to work
Personal Trainer & Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
I learned how to interact with customers and great sales techniques. Had to meet sales requirements and hours trained on a monthly basis.
Nice facility, terrible management
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 17, 2016
This is a nice fitness facility that has a lot to offer, but does not care about employees or members once they have your money. Throughout my entire length of employment (over a year) I maintained the highest closing percentage, highest first visit fitness attachment, and broke the district record (by double) of first visit personal training sale, and was asked to help out in all other departments as an asset to the overall team. All of this plus my 12+ years of experience in fitness, I was passed over for promotion for someone with only 2 years experience and less productivity. Very political work place with terrible management.
Cool team members
Membership Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Team members and some department heads depending on your location and chemistry when hired. Must follow outline nowadays about the selling point. You gotta be open to all different types of people and always know how to sell. Sell, sell, sell. Key word to work here and make money, sales. Know your business and you'll be successful. Learn how to talk to all different types of people with different backgrounds and know your fitness side of working out.
Warm environment with amazing cowokers
Service Representative/Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 9, 2016
My job at 24 Hour Fitness required standing for four and half hours behind a desk greeting members as they walk in and out of the gym, ringing guests at the cashier as they purchased snacks and beverages and reinstating any memberships that has an issue with billing. I learned that there will be several different types of people walking and out of the workplace, therefore to not take anything personally. My management is very supportive and very helpful, along with my amazing coworkers that have turned into friends. The hardest part of my job was facing very rude members that would complain about the handicap members at the facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in such an amazing atmosphere.
Nice startup, potential for advancement, garbage pay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 9, 2016
If you're a personal trainer, you're paid ~$18 a session and at my location you're lucky to get 6 sessions a week. $18 an hour times 6 is $108 a week. Any non session hours is minimum wage. So good luck paying rent with that.
Other than that, the staff is friendly, management is helpful and communication is great. Just wish they paid the trainers for what they do for the company; which is rake in millions in revenue.
Great work environment
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIJanuary 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part about working here was the coworkers and their willingness to help beginning trainers. Its not easy getting your own clientele, the first year is the hardest, but in turn is rewarding.
membership sales counselor
Membership Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 8, 2016
The amount of effort you put into sales, is what you'll get back in your annual residual gross profit and cliental. You work as a team, but you have to work hard and put force 110% at all times. Because you are representing healthy living and dieting, when you are put out in the field and from within the club as well.
Pros
Club Membership
Cons
Hourly + Commission/deadlines
Fun for the young self starter
Assistant Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to work with so many different people and personalities. I was able to express myself creatively as well as professionally. The hardest part of the job was the variable schedule and pay. The team effort and environment created a fun culture of diversity and fast paced work day.
Pros
Flexibility to continue education
Cons
Variable pay, odd hours
Good place to work at
Service Representative/Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 7, 2016
overall team members are awesome.
get to use the gym for free
also get discounted retail items
company is very "corporate oriented"