24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,548 reviews matching the search
fun work place
Service Representative Night/ Environmental Worker (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 17, 2017
Good place to work fun friendly fast paced. I enjoyed working here and the ability to meet people who are interested at the least to change their life and those deter!ines to be better was most uplifting
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
hours and pay
poor management
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 17, 2017
management takes control and would not allow for growth within company
complaints and issues were raised for awareness and was made to feel as though issues did not matter regardless of importance
Productive, competitive and healthy environment
Membership Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 16, 2017
Health and Wellness have always been a passion of mine. When I moved to Seattle working at a gym seemed to fit me perfectly. I possibly wanted to pursue becoming a Personal Trainer but simply working with costumers and helping them figure out their life/health goals was fulfilling for me. Each day someone new would come in and I had the opportunity to learn a bit about their life and what they wanted to achieve short/long term at the gym. Ultimately I left because I wanted to be more hands on and work with children. Since I am so personable, the sales and numbers part of my job was my least favorite. Overall, working at 24 Hour Fitness was a great experience, the staff (management) were helpful, welcoming and I learned a lot with this job opportunity.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Healthcare
depends on your personality
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 15, 2017
if you are a chill and laid back person this job is not for you. regular day consisted of folding towels, doing a lot of laundry, cleaning gym and locker room, greeting every guest. some coworkers and managers will make this job great and some won't.
Pros
gym environment, members, coworkers, free membership
Cons
certain managers, hours, pay, cleaning dirty towels
Great enviornment to be in
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAAugust 15, 2017
This was an "in between" job to me as I was in the process of relocating. But a very reliable place to work, constant positive energy. I am a very healthy minded person also so it fit very well with my lifestyle therefor I performed exceptionally.
Being able to endorse health and fitness
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2017
Showing people how to properly use the equipment and teaching them about health an fitness.
The anatomy of health and fitness.
Great!
Fun and flexible.
Weight resistance.
Getting healthy.
Pros
Helping people reach their fitness goals
Cons
Just a cog in the machine
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 14, 2017
Working at 24 hour fitness for the time that I did *around 6 months to a year* made me nearly stop being a trainer, the atmosphere is not conducive to training, all you are is a piece of meat to them, an easily replaceable piece of meat. In my time there they never showed compassion for clients, it was all about making the sale, no matter what. From a business sense, I get that, you gotta make a living, but from a personal sense, it just isn't right, for me.
Pros
Free access to the gym, Good staff
Cons
Too many
Fun work place but with terrible pay
Fitness Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for 24. The only thing that I could not continue to deal with was the pay. It's okay if you just need a part time gig on the side or something, do not come here expecting to be able to pay all of your bills by this job only. Most of everyone I worked with had second jobs or was just there for some extra spending money.

Your coworkers feel like really good friends of yours and you can really be yourself around them, at least at my location. (Downtown Dallas) And of course you build really cool relationships with the gym goers as well.

As far as management goes, just terrible. No one would try to further the company. Everyone was okay with remaining complacent in sales and not trying to go out and get more. Which was really frustrating when you are SURROUNDED with corporate buildings in every direction literally. Also... talk about micro management at its finest. My sales manager would try to tell me exactly what to do and then somehow wants it done a different way the next week. Oh but its every little thing you do that he wants done in a certain way to... like I said micro managing at its finest.

I liked the free membership and being around people with the same goals in mind as me. Very motivating and made going to the gym really convenient.

I would work here again but only as an OM or GM.
Pros
free membership, good environment
Cons
pay, management
awesome
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 13, 2017
Working for 24 hour fitness was a great experience and I would not be where I am at today had I not worked there! I love the atmosphere created to better help our members lives.
Get Swoll
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 11, 2017
If you love to work out and stand on your feet all day while having to deal with rude people not happy with the way they are living then this is the place for you.

Want to know more about 24 Hour Fitness?

Ask a question
Welcoming with constant support and adapting to environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
Have worked here over three years. Started out amazing but has gone downhill in the last year or so. Wages are low and raises don't seem to be a thing anymore. The turn over is incredibly high which reflects poorly on how the corporate culture is. There are possibilities for advancement. Started out as a family but with turn over so high lately I meet a new employee almost monthly. There always seems to be some type of miscommunication about rules and regulation but that has been mostly due to constant management changes in the past few years. Over a nice place to work if you're looking to transition or in school and if you're passionate about fitness there are possibilities for advancement.
Pros
Fun environment, coworkers, and constantly building new relationships with coworkers and members
Cons
High turn over rate recently, haven't gotten an actual raise since my first year (was told the minimum wage change was my raise), constant miscommunications between all management levels, no longer work as a unite
Alright work place
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 8, 2017
Job just dealt with dealing with a few membership sales, signing people in, and register work. The management wouldn't giver me hours when i asked ahead of time, and on the day of, would try to call me in. Other than that working there was good balance to my life.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Not many benefits
Energetic & Upbeat
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 8, 2017
Love the traffic that comes through. Employees are energetic and upbeat. Members are regulars and begin to know you on a first names basis. Great for those with school schedules. Flexible
Really varies on location
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 7, 2017
Depends on who you get stuck with, anything in fitness could be either really good people or really terrible people. I was with some very great individuals
fun work place
Sales Represenitive (Current Employee) –  Millbrae, CAAugust 5, 2017
very flexible on hours, recommend for college students. A typical day at work is getting to interact with different people every day by getting to know them on their fitness goals by being their motivator. Management is very organized and the work culture is very chill .
Fast paced and easy to learn. Love the environment and staff
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 4, 2017
I recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a part time job or looking to move up in management. This specific work place is high on promoting high potential workers seeking improvement. The department heads all work together to help reach goals for your club.
Great company
Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXAugust 4, 2017
The company is overall great, only downside is that most of the executive decisions were based off of a 25-30 day ROI so there was a lot of adjusting to do every month
Pros
free membership, health and insurance benfits
Cons
some management can be complacent
Great place to start
Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 4, 2017
I've worked with some great people but 24Hour has a very high turnover rate when it comes to management and employees. Different story with instructors since we are all independent. Their compensation is poor, especially for someone who has worked for the company for 15 years. I enjoy teaching classes mainly because of the people. My favorite thing about teaching classes at 24Hour is that it enables me to have a free membership to all 24Hour Fitness gyms whenever I travel. Also, they have their classes all online so whenever you need a sub or you want to sub classes, just look for the postings that get automatically emailed to you. It's a great system!
Pros
Free membership plus online system to find a sub for your classes
Cons
High turnover rate, low pay
Poor management
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJAugust 4, 2017
Poor Management, no advancement for growth within company.
Staff is friendly over all, very poor manage and no management skills from upper management.
Relaxed job with very little to do
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 3, 2017
Job is mainly speaking with gym members and there is very little job requirements. Mainly socializing with members and other staff. There to do minimal work but got paid minimally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.