24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at.
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORApril 12, 2015
24 Hour Fitness is a good job for a college student working through school. They work well with your school schedule. The co-workers and members are amazing.
My time with 24.
Fitness Manager III - Hollywood & Pearl, Oregon (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 11, 2015
Pros: Advancement. Changing lives. Energy. Passion.
Cons: None.
Great company to work for! I was able to revamp 3 diff clubs on the fitness side. My job was to come in and produce a 30-60-90 day plan and help drive revenue. With that I recruited the best of the best trainers to help us win!

Just make sure you can have a work/life balance. I left the company to find a better work/life balance with my family.

Great opportunities to advance your career in the fitness industry! I did it!
Favorite job I've ever had!! Strongly encourage applying here.
Receptionist/ Child Care Attendant (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: The hours, the pay, and the employees.
Cons: No cons at all.
I applied for the Kids Club Attendant position and got a call the very next day. I had ever worked with children before so I was a little nervous. The manager walked me through everything and was super nice. She introduced me to all the child care providers and not one of them had something bad to say about the company or the managers. The fitness instructors didn't think they were better than anyone, the front desk didn't think they were better than everyone, every single employee knew it was a team/group effort to make the company go 'round. The children were a blessing to work with, they taught me more than I could have ever taught them, patience and love. I really grew up with those children. I loved waking up in the morning to go to work. I never complained about it once. Unfortunately my husband got a job transfer so we had to pack up and move. I was heart broken. Since I moved back, if I ever see they are hiring, I will defiantly get that job back!
Great work environment and constant job security.
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 6am and ends around 3pm. Interaction with members on a daily basis provides longevity and a positive relationship with people. The hardest part of my job is caring too much about the members and club itself. I will work long hours. My coworkers help my job be fun and life-changing.
Lots of options.
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Many classes and locations.
Cons: Difficult processes.
There are many things to do and teach at 24 Hour Fitness. But it's a big company that has changed ownership several times. Sometimes communication is lost. If you learn how to work with the system, there is room for opportunity. I've noticed in the past year a big improvement in the staffing, though the facilities are always struggling to stay clean and current.
Creative and independent place to work at
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free access to facility
Cons: lack of personal space for clients
Teamwork along with individualizing yourself to stand out different among the trainers
Managing commission, clients, and workout regumes.
Great Experience
n/a (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 7, 2015
Wonderful starting out point for a career in the fitness industry. I wish anyone good luck and much success in applying with this company.
Fun Place
Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2015
Pros: fun place, part time
Cons: low wages, no room for advancement
The management is laid back and the place is extremely fun to work for. Not a place to work full time. Love the fact that employees get a free membershp
Great Job to meet new people
Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Elm, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Membership
Cons: Long Periods of just standing and doing nothing.
Working at 24 hour fitness as a service representative was a very enjoyable experience with meeting new people and don't get me wrong, who doesn't like to have a free gym membership? My co-workers were very fun enjoyable people that got got along with, as well as the management staff. The only thing that i personally didn't like was that during work as the service representative you greet guests as they check in and are able to help them with any problems that they have, but when it is slow(and it is slow most of the time) you did not have really anything to do. yes there were the daily duties one had to do while on the clock but after you are done with that you just stand around in the front, and i don't like that personally, i like to be able to move and get a lot of things accomplished throughout the whole day.
Fitness Environment
Certified personal Trainer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2015
Coach, motivate and inspire members at every stage of their fitness journey.Present and sell training along with nutritional products; most importantly provide exceptional customer service and build a loyal client base.
Good company, very sales oriented.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free membership
I enjoyed my time and gained great experience as a personal trainer, but it is very sales driven. The atmosphere is great, and there is ample room for promotion. It is a corporation more than personal training haven. The pay is also fair, not bad, but not great.
Productive Workplace
Service Representative (Current Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: dealing with costumers
Cons: location
24 Hour Fitness is a great place to work. In my experience there I always met new people and my job was to be the face of the company. Management is always upbeat which is another positive because some days people do not feel like working out but with a positive influence their attitudes are changed.
meh
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2015
Very sales oriented and managers are very shady. Service manager is awesome, club manager doesn't care about her workers, only about how she can move up in the company. The company promises dreams.
Great Place To Learn Sales of Intangible Items
Lead Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great environment and free club membership
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, staff overly concerned with their own work out habit.
A Standard day at 24 Hour Fitness included tasks such as gym floor upkeep, locker room and studio cleaning and sanitizing as well as communicating with current members. As a membership counselor my day included meeting, touring and eventually sign-up of new members. Extensive training in health and fitness.
24 Hour Fitness
Personal Trainer II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 17, 2015
Great place to work. Provides stable work environment. Management very involved with success of employees. Enjoyed working with a variety of individuals.
Great Environment
Club Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2015
Not great work life balance, mainly due to my character. It takes a lot out of you to make sure every day's quotas are met. There are great leaders in this company and they will for sure take care of you if you take care of them.
Workouts can be fun.
Receptionist/TKB, Zumba &Hula Instructor (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 13, 2015
Great to know you can help motivate people to be healthier through exercise. Rewarding to see the physical change in members as time progresses.
Great Place to Start Fitness Career.
Assistant Membership Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 13, 2015
Pros: education
Cons: compensation and incentives
24 Hour Fitness is one of the most influential fitness gyms to work for today. We teach individuals exactly how a fitness business should be ran. I personally have grown and developed more than imagined since my original hire. The compensation and incentives need to be changed. The company has a great way of teaching individuals how to learn, drive, and deliver results. If you are wanting to begin a career in the fitness industry 24 Hour Fitness is the place to be. For the money hungry sales mentality, it's not. I have had some of the best times of my life working at 24 Hour Fitness. I personally am money hungry and want incentives to continue increasing my salary. I will take everything I learned from the company for my career in the future.
Unfortunate circumstances, black and white vision
General Manager (Former Employee), San Juan Capistrano, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free membership, discounted pt
Cons: work/life balance is non existent.
General managers (club managers) have great flexibility to run their clubs. Upper management does changes direction they want you to head in every 3 weeks. Culture is changing for the worse.
It just a job
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: the kids and a free gym membership
Cons: underpaid and no benefits. high expectations but no appreciation. hour always getting cut.
It's a job. Hours always get cut. I use to like working for the company before I left but it isn't worth it if the hours are always getting cut.

1 2 3 4 5

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Photos