24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

I love my clients!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 23, 2016
I come into work, train my clients. Give health and fitness consultation to prospective clients, sell fitness, 6 days a week run TC24 Group training sessions. I have learned progressive HIIT training, I have learned how satisfying it is to positively change the quality of someones life. My co-worker are really great individuals who love fitness.The hardest part of my job is selling fitness. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people that I get to see every day
Awesome Experience
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 18, 2016
I absolutely love working for 24 hour fitness. the company is just awesome. they provide so many opportunities to advance in your career with them. all of the club managers are very friendly and helpful to all your needs while teaching.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no health benefits for part time employees
nice place to train
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
able to meet different people and had a big area to train clients. learned what its like to train at a corporate gym compared to a private gym. hardest part was selling and the easiest was getting to know people and having fun with my clients.
Overall fun and insightful with developing customer service skills.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 17, 2016
Great opportunities for career advancement. Great hands-on managerial training. Looked forward to coming into work everyday because there was always a new challenge to face with a member or vendor. Co-workers were pleasant to work with and everyone loved working together as a team in serving the current members and attracting new members.
Worst gym ive been at
Service Representative Lead (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 12, 2016
terrible management, do not apply. Do not work in the allen location. If you want to feel like you are getting slapped in the face everyday, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
the whole gym
Great fun
Fitness Manager at Willowbrook Super Sport (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2016
Fun for meeting new people. Great place to move up based on your merits. High energy environment, and you get a chance to workout for free.
Not too bad
Receptionist/ Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMay 11, 2016
This is a good job for a student or someone looking to gain experience. The compensation is low, and there aren't many full-time employees at the lower level.
loved working here!
Service representative/Kids Club attendant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA 92057May 10, 2016
Club manager is awesome and tries her hardest to make schedules work with your lifestyle. loved working with kids and their families, very energetic and full of life.
positive and great workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 10, 2016
My time, even though short at 24hr fitness (because of moving ) was an excellent experience. The staff there were very welcoming. The trainers were all very well educated when it came to their clients. Not only on personal training but personally as well. The staff really come together and work as a team to ensure that everyone is doing their part to make the workplace a good one.
Fun place to work while in college or part time
KIDS' CLUB ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2016
I worked at 24 Fitness off and on for about two and half years. I began there when I was in college, working in the kids club. In my opinion the pay is not all that great if you are looking for a full time job to survive off of, but if you are looking fir part time it is a decent place to work at. You can come up with your own activities to do with the children. It is more laid back then an classroom environment, so you have more flexibility to do what you want as long as it falls within the company guidelines. One perk is a free membership while you work there. One of the downfalls is that management seems to switch every few months.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Inconsistency with management and pay
Engaging and exciting work environment
Fitness Manager / Master Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 8, 2016
Every day provided a new experience. Working with individuals who are trying to better there lives through fitness is both rewarding and fulfilling personally and professionally.

Working one on one with the Fitness team and Sales team to grow membership and active clients was great.

The hardest part of the job was realizing that everyone you meet is not ready to commit to a change in their personal lifestyle to improve either their health or personal wellness.
Pros
Free gym memebership, decent health benefits and vacation time
Cons
Long work days and constantly changing of support staff
busy but easy work,high quality maintenance expected
Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2016
24 is not a hard job and has been nice for the time I have been there but I am ready to grow in a new work environment. I have learned a lot at 24 about customer service and that was actually one of the hard parts. Working at 24 has been easy but also challenging in understanding that appearance says a lot to customers and you must always make sure that people who come into your work place see excellence. It is important to keep up a happy and professional work environment and I can say that if I took nothing else away from my time with 24 it would be that.
Pros
My own work pace
Cons
lack of work hours
Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 7, 2016
As long as you do your job, 24 hour fitness is a great place to work. Everyone there is friendly and willing to help out.
The hardest thing about working at 24 hour fitness is getting Leads and making phone calls since the gym is a very small gym compared to other gyms. But besides that, the gym is a great enviroment to work in.
Gym Rat Salesman
SALES (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 6, 2016
If you love the gym culture, people, and sales then a sales rep at 24 Hour Fitness would be a great fit for you. Great benefits, culture, and also don't forget the free access to the gym! Every club is different; I knew most of the people that worked daily at the club I used to work out at so it was a pretty fun experience. Also, my co-workers were fun and great to work with.
bad management
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 3, 2016
good entry level personal training job but bad management. There is not a good compensation plan in place. There is also not alot of support in growing the buisness or for promotions.
Pros
free membership
Cons
bad management
Enjoyed
Kid's Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
I specifically enjoyed working with the children. I love children, period. So the opportunity to work closely with them in a nurturing environment is always wonderful.
Great place to start your career in fitness
Fitness Manger III / District Fitness Captain (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 1, 2016
Had a wonderful career with 24 Hour Fitness. Excellent place to start your career in fitness as a personal trainer. Every gym is different and they have very little set policies followed by each gym when it comes to teaching their trainers and on-boarding them effectively. If you have the right manager you can excel quickly. If you are in a position that they do not teach you how to build your business it will take longer but still certainly doable. Pay is good for personal trainers compared to the rest of the industry. Lot of politics once you are into management and they tend to care more about what you say than what your results are. They want people to say the right things and follow exactly what is passed down from upper management rather than produce leaders that want to make things better.
Productive and great place to make connections and help families
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 30, 2016
i have found hour fitness to be a great place to learn about the life pf health and wellness and in the process helping families and people begin their journey to being fit.
Pros
free membership
Cons
heavy work load and quota
Great company, and great job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAApril 27, 2016
It is a great job with a lot of room for advancement, and the staff is upbeat and easy to get along with since everyone is working towards the same goal.
Great environment
Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 26, 2016
Working at 24 was by far one of my favorite places to work. Dealing with the members day in and day out was amazing, everyone was like minded and looking to grow. A day at work consisted of greeting members, folding towels, selling merchandise, working in the child care part of the gym, member care and satisfaction in the gym. Management was, at times, absent because of how many moving parts the corporate office tried to incorporate. Other than that they did a good job of keeping up with member and employee satisfaction.
Pros
Free gym membership, you meet like minded people, everyone who walks through they gym doors are looking to better themselves
Cons
management at times absent, not as much room for growth