24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employer Reviews

Fast pace environment with great team members and members
Service Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 20, 2014
24 Hour Fitness is a great place to work the work environment is professional and exciting. The business structure and road map are key to the success
fast growth small attention to detail
Membership Manager (Current Employee), California, CaliforniaJuly 17, 2014
review corporate expectations and goals
go over objectives with team
delegate tasks and responsibilities to sales team
meet with and oversee staff
partner with other departments on strategies and prcesses
Great Place to Work!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Centennial, COJuly 15, 2014
Great environment! Get to meet and help people for the better every day! Great upside for pay!
Easy and fun job
Receptionist (Former Employee), North Richland Hills, TXJuly 14, 2014
Not the worst place to work if you don't mind standing around for nine hoursat a time.
production with positive environment
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa , Irvine, Santa Ana, Anahiem CAJuly 12, 2014
I learned good ethics in customer service at 24 hour Fitness. Management supported my efforts to increase my customer service and enhanced my growth with training on several postions thruout the company. I enjoyed working for this company.
Fun place to work they need better pay
Service Manager (Operations) (Current Employee), Dallas TXJuly 9, 2014
Great pleace to work but the company doesn't pay departmant heads and lower level staff very well.
Fun workplace environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
I enjoyed being able to get to know the clients and co-workers.
Demanding upper managment
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: unrealistic expectations
This company does not retain experienced staff very well. The working environment is easy and very friendly for the most part. But dealing with any upper management is nearly impossible.
Great culture but lacking development
Service Manager (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 3, 2014
a company that is analytically sound but doesnt value employees much
was ok
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Hermosa Beach CAJuly 3, 2014
was a personal trainer had to sell and get my own clients, management was not the best.
Review.
Membership Counselor (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: not enough per hour, making phone calls for hours.
A typical day at work consist of, making phone calls to book appointments for people to come in.
Co workers are great and treat me very well.
Membership Manger is very on point with helping and so are the assistant membership managers.
Hardest part of the job is booking appointments when people don't pick up.
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting – more... new people and being able to interact all the time. – less
A very joyfullplace to work
Front desk/sales associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2014
Pros: free gym membership and around health people
Cons: not good pay
i learned fitness
management was good and fun
coworkers were good to work with
nothing was hard about thius job i loved it
the most thing i loved about this job was i was allways around fitnees,i love fitness
Fitness Manager (Current Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAJune 25, 2014
Its about getting new business and hitting revenue goals. Learned very good sales planning skills and how to mange a team of trainers. Hardest part of the job is relying on trainer that are not motivated to hit there expectations. Thats where you as a manager have to come in and set proper expectations and train/ develop your staff
Free membership for trainers, team outings
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: great trainers to learn from
Cons: inconsistancy
It was fun working here at the beginning, I was given many clients and had a steady paycheck. After my initial training and introduction, I felt the guidance went away and it was less about the clients and more about the money revenue.
I learned a lot about training and detail from the other trainers here who did a fantastic job in nurture me as a trainer.
Fun and laid back work environment.
Kid's Club Attendant/Service Representative (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 20, 2014
My shifts are short and the work is easy. I like the people I work with and I enjoy what I do so I look forward to going to work every day.
Very rewarding helping people change their lives through fitness.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Altadena, CAJune 18, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy watching people grow in multiple ways. I feel that a higher fitness level brings more charisma, self esteem, and a happier outlook on life. I am proud to be a key point in helping people achieve that.
Great people, great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: job was located in san diego county, everyday it was great to drive home looking at the ocean sunset.
Cons: this job did require a little bit of a commute.
I was initially hired as a temp, once my 90 days had passed-I was hired on by 24 hour Fitness permanently. Unfortunately toward the end of my stay, the department was outsourced and many people were dismissed. The experience I gained from being employed will always be treasured and useful. I really wish they would bring back this department because – more... this was one of the most fun jobs I have ever had. – less
Excellent Workplace depending on Management Engagement
Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles CountyJune 18, 2014
Pros: free membership, full-time benefits
Cons: politics among higher management
This is a nice place to work, I learned how to understand the financial responsibilities a business has to its team members and its members to be successful. With excellent management, the team's engagement is high and team members want to assist in the clubs profitability. The hardest part is beating the politics that come along with attempting to – more... progress within the company. The higher up the the more you need to network, without it good luck. – less
A fun place to work and a great way to learn to stay fit
Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: the freedom to make my own schedule and being around positive people.
Cons: i do not feel i am challenged enough.
-A typical day at work would be I start my day at 10:30pm. Yes I work the over night shift until 6am the next day. I start my shift with helping the employee that is currently working with his closing duties. Putting away supplies and closing the sales floor. I review his register paperwork making sure that his till is accurate and can be dropped into – more... the safe. I check in members into the gym and make sure there accounts are accurate and up to date. I walk the gym every hour putting away weights and straitening up the gym to make sure it is presentable. I sign up new memberships and help guests with there needs.

-What I learned is the important of organization with paperwork and members files. I have learned your health is one of the most important things you can manage. Since working there I have lost 100lbs and I am in the best shape that I ever have been.

- The management at the gym is fair. Since I work the overnight shift I hardly see them. Same goes with my co-workers but there are friendly and a pleasure to work with.

- The hardest part of the job is working by myself. I like to work with others but rarely do. – less
Learned how to run a gym
Customer Service (Former Employee), Little Elm, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: interacting with members
- Worked day and Overnight shifts
- Oversaw the front desk and made sure gym maintenance was good
- helped members improve their workout performance

1 2 3 4 5

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Photos