24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employer Reviews

Had a great manager, and good co-workers
Service Representative (Former Employee), Alamo, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, nice manager, full membership to all clubs + employee discounts
Cons: somewhat boring, no pay raises
Great coworkers and manager, however the pay was incredibly low and there was no raises ever available to employees-that I was aware of at least. Loved interacting with customers, however the job could get somewhat boring.
Incredible workplace
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 1, 2015
Pros: awesome environment
Cons: low pay
I absolutely loved working for 24 Hour fitness. It was an amazing job with great opportunity for advancement. Great employees, great members, great hours. The only con was the extremely low pay.
Great enviroment but a ton of politics
Fitness Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 28, 2015
The environment is good and the current team that I have is great. A ton of micro managers though that's one of the biggest drawbacks, plus a good bit of empty promises at times.
good job for college student
Service Representative (Current Employee), west covina, caFebruary 28, 2015
this is a great job for any college student. pay is minimum wage and the pay doesnt get too much better as you grow in the company. very flexible with school schedules though
Great benefits
Fitness Counselor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: free membership and training discounts
24 Hour Fitness is a great place to work if you are into fitness. The benefits are great for health and advancement opportunities are high. The organization is large enough that you can move around if you get bored being in one place for too long.
awesome place to work
Kids Club Supervisor (Former Employee), north richland hillsFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: had a great manager
Cons: no cons
was an amazing place to work all the kids loved me and they enjoyed being with me. i was always awarded for my hard work and i had a great relationship with the parents and kids and most of all all the management crew.
Work Experience
Sales and Marketing Rep (Former Employee), Plano,TxFebruary 27, 2015
I was under a Sales team training was good however it was for a fitness consultant. Our team was trained and equipped to encourage and get people motivated on health and fitness. What we didn't know it all the leads we brought I was not able consult. We didn't get all the training in bringing in new leads, we brain stormed and collaborated as a team. I enjoyed working with my colleagues, it was a fun and relaxed environment. We also got to use the gym on our off hours, which was an additional bonus. I still have the work out gear which was the uniform and wear it when working out on occasion.
Niot that excited
Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: horrible pay and benefits
I love working out at the gym, and motivating people to get healthy, but corporate gyms do not compensate employees properly at all.
stressful environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 26, 2015
First of all, the personal training aspect of the job is awesome. Being an integral part in changing someones life for the better is extremely rewarding. However, I quickly found out that a majority of the job is sales. Walking the floor looking for potential clients, setting up orientations with new members, and closing out sales are the most emphasized part of the job and probably make up about 80% of what I do every day. The manager only cares about monthly numbers and the attitude is very much to do whatever it takes to hit that number. I know that City Sports Club has specific workers who only sell personal training. I think that that is extremely valuable because the training aspect of personal training requires a lot of attention and knowledge to do it properly. More of our time and energy should be going to that aspect of our job rather than to sales.
Fun work environment with supportive management and coworkers
Membership Counselor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, fun work environment, gaining sales experience
Cons: working at minimum wage, no health benefits
Working at 24 Hour Fitness has been a fun and educational job. I had never worked in sales before I became a Membership Counselor. My manager and assistant manager, as well as some of my coworkers, have been very supportive and helpful in training me on different sales techniques and practices. Through their help, I have been able to become more confident and authentic in my sales approach. I am passionate about fitness, health and wellness so it is easy for me to stand behind what I sell. I see the changes that selling gym memberships and personal training makes in peoples lives and that is what makes my job rewarding.
Good
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2015
You can learn a whole lot of different techniques and get to know a whole lot of different people while working as a personal trainer.
Overnight Service Representative
Overnight Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: alone, watch movies, cat nap, homework, whole gym to myself to workout
Cons: hard to stay awake, boring for sure, no internet connection
I worked the overnight shift in San Jose and a typical day consisted of checking people in from 10p-12a; and then wandering around the gym cleaning up weights when it gets slow. After everything was done I would hang back and watch movies on my laptop at the front desk or do homework. They disabled the internet, but they should keep it activated for night worker. Management I never had to deal with because I was the only one working and my co-workers knew who I was if I came in the day time to introduce myself. Hardest part of the job is staying awake from 10p-5a but the most enjoyable part was being alone.
Fun Work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Katy, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Great gym and awesome environment. Friendly co-workers and awesome management. Learned a lot about fitness with 24 hour fitness
Work Enviroment
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Everything was straight forward. Once the task was finished, one was able to go home. If you finished the work before your shift was over, you still got paid as if you had been their during the whole shift.
Ok Job but not a career
Fitness, Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: low pay, no breaks, high sales pressure tactics
Sales, Sales, and more Sales thats what it was all about managers keep charts and records and it was a constant competition.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the clients.
Management made it difficult to work there.
Email Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: horrible everything else.
Management never took feedback, never fixed any of the many issues that were wrong.

I was a chore being there. They never learned how to make the best out of their employees. People that clearly broke the rules got promoted over heard working people just because they could BS their way through everything.
Great to get started
Master Trainer, Fitness Manager (Former Employee), Empire, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great to start
Cons: high turn over rate questionable job security
I worked here as my first fitness job and stayed for many years. This is a production based company so remember that while some of the trainers may be good the upper management pushes them to his quota's and goals in training and supplements. This can lead to a high turn over rate for trainers and mid level management.
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2015
The only problem was the low rate of pay and the erratic hours. Took forever to get the schedule out and then they always changed it at the last minute
Loved Working Here
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: customers at times were rude
Absolutely loved working for 24 Hour Fitness. I was a sales rep and beside the 'goals' that were set and rarely reached along with some rude customers, the place of employment itself couldn't have been better. I was around a group of people that were motivated in making a better world starting with helping people change diets and lifestyles that would eventually allow more opportunity for them. The staff was amazing and optimistic at all times and very encouraging to customers and other team members. One of my favorite jobs. I learned many social skills and sales techniques to make sells but not seem pushy and too forward. Loved being able to workout and then change into my uniform and assist others in pursuing their dreams.
not for me
Front desk lead (Former Employee), Escondido, CAFebruary 5, 2015
good place to be as a freshman in college but not where i would see myself in 10 years. corporate is ridiculous too, they go over board on a lot of things.

1 2 3 4 5

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Photos