24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Empowering work place that helped with my sales goes
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
24 hour fitness wasn't just a gym, they actually cared about the well being of others. I absolutely loved being apart of a team like that.
Very poor environment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 23, 2016
Poor management that flirts with employees, gossipy co-workers and just a poor environment to work in I do not recommend it.
Fun and Engaging Place to Work
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 21, 2016
Great Benefits and Fun work environment. Management is flexible and it is an low-key place to work. I love working for a company that helps other achieve their goals!
Great atmosphere, great people. Sad to have had to say bye to them, but I couldn't make the money I needed and had to weigh my options.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2016
Wonderful company, great benefits. It was exactly the type of atmosphere I was wanting, but the pay cut from serving was too significant. Overall I love the people and the work, but it wasn't paying bills.
Pros
Enhancing people's lives one membership at a time. Building rapport with members.
Cons
Pressure for quotas.
Great Job
Lead night service representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 20, 2016
Working at 24 Hour Fitness was a positive experience all around. In a single shift i would, collect dirty towels, use industrial sized washer dryers to prepare the towels to be folded and ready for the next shift. Check chemicals in spa/pool area. Clean gym area to make for safe working out. Management was communicated with through a folder at the front desk. Hardest part of the job was getting used to a graveyard shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the members i got to meet and friends i made.
Incredible management and great environment.
Service Representative and Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJuly 20, 2016
Simple work tasks that are easy to go above and beyond in. Incredibly understanding and helpful management (Operations manager), by far the best manager I've had. Flexible schedule. Learned much about customer service and sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers, by far. Incredibly friendly and helpful and understanding, always.
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 17, 2016
Typical day as a kids club attendant was when I would get there 10 min before I would clock in and go inside the secure area for children. I began with disinfecting all the toys cleaning off the desk making sure the displays were put up correctly, then I would set up the computer for check-ins. I learned how to competently communicate with overprotective parents and deal with separation anxiety having children all while being able to keep a calm safe environment. I mainly worked alone but after i was done I would talk with the customer service reps and while working with others or alone I always keep a professional respectable composure. My job was very easy going and fun being that children are my passion I loved my job of babysitting them and keeping them entertained.
Pros
working with children
Cons
short hours
Loved running a club!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2016
As GM, everyone knew me, open door policy. Workout in own club, make fitness fun! Crushed company quotas!
long days and little pay
Fitness Manager/Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJuly 13, 2016
very sales oriented, sometimes with high levels of pressure and little training. Management was good but little hands on training provided for standardized middle management performance in addition to quantitative results.
Pros
fast paced, fun
Cons
long hours, compensation
Happy Environment
Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2016
Great co workers and happy environment. However there was no room for growth and there was a lot of favoritism in the location that made it hard to move up in the company.
Burned out on the Corporate Monster
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2016
I've worked nearly 10 years for this company and it has had its ups and downs. Changes in corporate management have made things more challenging to work for the company any longer. A trainer with my experience and expertise should not be making the same amount as a trainer who just became a Master Trainer today.
Co workers are great and make it easy to show up and I love my clients!
Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 12, 2016
Great coworkers and management, however compensation isn't the best. You have to beat a pretty tough threshold in order to make a commission which is probably the only con of the job. Other than that there are great benefits such as a free membership to any location.
Great Place to work
Membership Salesman (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2016
Fun high energy environment. You give tours to prospective members and show them different membership plans. You also can show members simple workout tips on how to use the weight lifting machines.
Pros
Free Gyn Membership
Cons
It doesn't pay very well
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2016
Fun energetic place to be plus you can work out for free. pay is not all that great but if health nutrition is something important to you this job would at lease get your feet of the ground.
Front Desk
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 11, 2016
Working with the different people was great. Learning experience in customer services. Checking in members, payments processing ect.
A great place to work if youre willing to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2016
As a personal trainer, working hard means you have a bigger paycheck. I made more than any other trainer at my gym but I was also there for 60 hours a week and it took me almost 2 years to build my business. If you aren't willing to work overtime and have a second job until the real money rolls in, find a different line of work.
Productive and fun place
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Valley, NVJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at 24 Hour Fitness involved laughing and smiling. I loved being able to grow with our member base, along with being part of a journey in their health goals.

Learning to be a leader and being able to share my knowledge with others. The hardest part of my job had to have been being able to sell such large amounts of training. I couldn't have the heart to make people pay thousands of dollars on personal training. It wasn't that I didn't believe in our trainers, but it felt wrong to take that from our members.

But, my best memories were just being able to come to work knowing everyone working as a team and pulling and pushing each other to be better and do better. Being a better you
Pros
Free membership, discounts on products
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees, pay was very low
Lively work place
Service Representative and Kids Club attendant (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers and the environment I worked in. Hardest part was having to cover for someone when the place was short staffed
one of the best places i've ever worked
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 5, 2016
great people, great co workers, very team oriented environment.
laid back environment where you can still get your work done.
Pros
never a dull day
Cons
pay starts of low but you can advance if you work hard
Great employees, solid work, terrible upper management
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 5, 2016
Time and again it was brought to managements attention that there was no product available to sanitize the towels and other equipment in the gym to which they replied constantly "oh well" to me that is not an acceptable way to treat your paying customers. The result of never having the requested product to provide my customers with the necessary sanitary products , and their lack of general care for the customer is what inevitably lead me to leave the company.
Pros
Free Gym membership, Friendly employees, Varying customer types
Cons
Lack of care for the paying customer, lack of care for the general well being and safety of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.