24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly Place to work, little room for advancement.
Front Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 20, 2016
It's a friendly place to work when they have the right management in place, but when they don't, everyone is in a bad mood and it creates a very negative work environment.
Managers and promotions are based on who likes you, not by how hard you work.
Pros
Getting to meet new people everyday
Cons
little room for advancement, rarely a raise in pay
poor management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 20, 2016
do not value staff members at all. Low pay and view workers as expendable. Management at the club level is also not respected. Company is not really interested in members health......only the bottom line of selling memberships.
Pros
gym environment
Cons
do not value staff members
Not a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverlake, WAJune 17, 2016
Terrible pay, rude co workers, not-so-helpful managers. Would sometimes work my 3pm-10pm shift only to be told i have to work the midnight-8am shift the same day. 0/10 awful job.
Fun
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 17, 2016
Checking people into the club ans setting people up for tours.
I learned that i can handle people when they're upset
Co worker were fun
Hardest part of the job was not enough hours to work
meeting so many people
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Needed more hours
productive and fun place to work.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
very demanding and fast paced. Everyday you learn something new in the computer system. Greet cusomers with a warm and bubbly personality at all times.
Great place to learn and help
Master Trainer (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 14, 2016
Its a great place to get started as a trainer and be able to see many types of bodies that you could help achieve their goals
Fun workplace with great coworkers
Service Representative - Night (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2016
Consistent customer flow, great employees, so-so management . Spend most of my shift cleaning and folding towels.Great facility with great guests.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
No breaks
Fun place
Sales Representative/ Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 12, 2016
Fun place. Great environment. Gym life. Everyone is pretty cool and you get to meet very funny people. The managers help you out a lot but the pay sucks
Front Desk Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2016
I have loved my two years at 24 Hour Fitness. I have built such a great relationships with each of my coworkers and even so many of the members that I see almost every day. I have learned so many things and skills from this job.
Great place to gain work experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2016
This place was good to work for because the staff and members were very friendly all the time. The management at some locations could use some sharpening, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
salary was not great
Good for short term work experience but nothing else
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2016
High turn over in management and in PT, managers rarely show up to work. club managers only work when district managers come in.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
managers lie, locker rooms are disgusting, lots of equipment broken
Changing a life
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 7, 2016
Big fitness company. Fun and interesting. Help potential prospects make a better decision to start a fit life. Getting to know them and being part of that life changing decision makes the day worth.
Pros
Fun, flexible
Very fun place
Membership Counselor/ Level (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 4, 2016
gave tours, phone calls, worked front desk, towel service, i learned alot here at 24. membership sales meeting deadlines
Miserable place to work
Personal Trainer, (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
Impossible to make a living. I worked from 6am to 9a and then would have to hang around until 3pm and work to 6pm. It was a hard way to make any money and 24 takes over 75% of what is charged for personal training.
unrealistic budget for current market
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJMay 30, 2016
Unrealistic sales budget, if you don't hit your target budge un can consider your self as unemployed , Company always use the threat if you don't hit you are fire. if anybody is looking for a minimum wage job, very stressful atmosphere, and little support for top management I strongly recommend 24 hour fitness
Cons
everything you can possibly imagine
Easy to promote
Assistant Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 29, 2016
Working hard is easy for me. So getting promoted was not hard. Build your relationships, with the staff and even more important the members.
Constantly greet, help guest and prospective members. Set appointments and be on time.

Most managers have trouble with change. The faster you adapt the new policies into action, the faster you will promote.

If you feel like your manager is is no longer investing in your development- its time to go.
Don't wait promote yourself
-start by breaking records (Sales records)
-win the contest
- - let your sales do the speaking
Pros
free membership, good relationships
Cons
retail hours
Fun and awesome Environment to work in.
Night time Service representative (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMay 29, 2016
24 Hour Fitness was a great and friendly place to work at. The team and management were great in what they do super cool people.
Upbeat and high energy work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 27, 2016
I love my job at 24 Hour Fitness. Wonderful staff to work with. Member relations is my favorite aspect. The hardest part of my job is the hours but at the end of the day I usually go home thinking it was well worth it. Looking for a better work/life balance.
Enjoyable depending on management
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 24, 2016
Mostly consists of calling leads that you accumulate through guest visiting the gym, doing promotions around the community, and inquires. setting appointments and inspiring people to join the gym.
I love my clients!
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 23, 2016
I come into work, train my clients. Give health and fitness consultation to prospective clients, sell fitness, 6 days a week run TC24 Group training sessions. I have learned progressive HIIT training, I have learned how satisfying it is to positively change the quality of someones life. My co-worker are really great individuals who love fitness.The hardest part of my job is selling fitness. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people that I get to see every day