24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun job
Membership Manager (Former Employee), everywhereJuly 5, 2015
I love the fitness industry and would always recommend this to anyone interested in a active job that pays. Good beni's for management. I left due to some lack of communication from up top but would recommend this to anyone.
Don't work here
Service Manager (Current Employee), austin, txJuly 3, 2015
Ever since 24 was bought out, it has been an awful place to work. The pay rates keep going down more and more. All the great club managers that have been around for a while and are nice to work with are being booted out (basically because they're making the old salary pay, and they can find people who aren't as great but will take less pay) and new club managers are being brought in from places that – more... aren't related to the health/fitness field (best buy is a big one). I get embarrassed when I hire new people and have to let them know what their pay rate is going to be. It's hard to find good/reliable people who want minimum wage.. The healthcare set up is ridiculous and hard for front line team members to qualify for. Even as a department head, I have trouble paying my bills. The appreciation for employees from higher up feels like it keeps going down- we are "just club level." I work with some great team members, but if you are looking for a career.. good luck. – less
Good!
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Mont Belvieu, TXJuly 1, 2015
Fun work environment! This job actually guided me in the direction of physical therapy. I became fascinated in how the body functioned, and ended up leaving to pursue further education.
Rewarding work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2015
I gained valuable experience as a Personal Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness. I was fortunate enough to learn experienced, knowledgeable trainers.
High Energy
Membership Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 28, 2015
Positive work environment
Great coworkers
High expectations
Always Changing
Need to have a hustle mentality
Rewarding
Learned a lot about leadership
Great job, very challenging, fast paced
Lead Facilities Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 28, 2015
Pros: great environment, good pay, great schedule and benefits.
Cons: Little room for advancement, poor management
This job has been a life changer for me. It taught me so many skills that I use daily and helped me outside of work. You have to master multi-tasking, and be a jack of all trades. It will push you past your comfort zone, but in a good way.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: minimum wage
A good place for positive energy that gives you motivation to come to work. You are surround by people who are trying to live positive and healthy lifestyles.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), irvine, caJune 27, 2015
Pros: A lot of growth if you are willing to grow with them
Cons: Pay wasn't the best
Fitness was and is my passion. I started working here right out of high school and worked my way up the ladder. I was sad to leave as I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job, but I moved onto to start a family.
Alright Place to work
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee), AnaheimJune 27, 2015
Overall a good place to work there are just a few flaws. Shifts are generally very sort they range from 3-4 hours. There isn't much room for moving up.
good company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 27, 2015
monthly expectation in personal training sales, nutrition. great place to learn. High energy, top performers are rewarded accordingly.
great atmosphere
Service Representative (Current Employee), Clark, NJJune 26, 2015
excellent co workers fantastic atmosphere. Great place to work with many awesome people. lost of benefits like free membership and discounted training. oh yeah!!
24 FIT
Front Desk Receptionist/Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: FREE WORK OUT
Cons: ONLY PARTIME
GREAT MANAGEMENT AND CO WORKERS LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH.... I LOVE THE MEMBER THAT I INTERACT WITH DAILY AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE (KID CLUB)
Great environment; fun people and fun career
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Too Many to list. Multiple locations,June 21, 2015
Pros: Very fun job; very rewarding
Cons: a ton of driving from club to club; a bit hectic with traffic
24 Hour fitness is a great company. It is a wonderful place to teach fitness classes, I absolutely loved working for this company. I plan on going back part time if time allows.
Productive, competitive, and fun environment where lives are changed daily through health and fitness.
Service Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Culture and CORE values
Cons: Compensation and work / life balance
24 Hour Fitness provides you with knowledge on health and fitness as well as a strong base knowledge on how to sale and up sale. Teamwork is vital in reaching productive goals for your particular "club". The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone walks in for the first time, intimidated and stressed with a Doctors note, you greet them and get them started with their membership and direct them with their fitness and health goals. A few months later you see that person come in, lighter in pounds, intimidation and stress, bringing in a workout partner, with a smile. Its that point when you know you helped potentially save a life. It can be hard when it comes to balancing your work and personal life, however with great management and co-workers a great culture can be created.
Productive and great work place
Membership Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 16, 2015
Pros: free membership, health advice
Cons: cut bonuses, no annual raises
Great company for advancement but once you get there the first time it's hard to keep moving up. Cut benefits and did not get a chance to balance work and life at the same time.
Works great training clients and balancing life schedule
Personal Trainer at Jackson Club in Hayward (Former Employee), Corona, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: slow traffic
24 Hr Fitness is a great place to work with a fun group of people. They were very understanding with me still chasing my dreams playing amateur pro soccer. I was able to make my own schedule and come in when I could to meet all quotas. Co-workers were great and gave me the tools to succeed and even thought it was hard to get more business units because traffic was slow, we were still able to teach IGNITE classes to current members.
entry level job
Health & Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 15, 2015
this job has the potential for you to make good money but after a while the only way to persevere is to move on up into the ccompany or start your own business
Don't hold your breath for a promotion.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Gym Membership
Cons: Management
A typical work day in the sales department is making calls, touring guests, and helping maintain gym cleanliness. I learned while working here to not always take people at there word. I was promised a promotion if I continued hitting goals within 3 months. 3 months turned into 6 months without a reward. Management shifts around a lot, so do not get comfortable. Sometimes corporate moves a manager from – more... a larger club to a smaller one if the club hasn't been fairing well, and verse versa for a good manager. The managers aren't always good managers, insofar as managing, they're just better than average sales people, so they are compensated with a promotion that entails a raise. The co-workers are generally nice. There's a lot of turnover with 24 Hour Fitness in all departments except personal training. The hardest part of the job are the members. You will find that some members are amazingly friendly, but others are incredibly rude. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free gym membership.

I was paid $10.50 or $11.50 per hour as a basic salesperson. As I was leaving the job, our company began implementing commission again. I worked at a popular club, so that meant I would see more guests and thus receive more income. My wage jumped to around $15 per hour while on commission. – less
Great Place to Work
Assistant Fitness Manager (Current Employee), Mililani HIJune 12, 2015
Meet new people
very rewarding job
never boring
co workers are always positive
pay is competitive and more pay is available based on your work ethic
Fun and flexible work environment
Service Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Richmond, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great environment, customers and coworkers
Cons: Pay was not very high
- Customer service at the front desk, answering phone calls, handling billing and customer concerns, managing accounts and working the registers.
- I learned how to do banking, benefits, handle customer accounts, vendor orders and to train other employees and also other management tasks while working working closely with my service manager.
- Management was friendly and always willing to help, they – more... were team players.
- The hardest part of the position was multitasking and keeping your head on a swivel to take care of all that was going on. Overall it was the hardest part but also the most rewarding.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships you make working so closely with the customers, seeing them on a daily basis and having them be excited to tell you about their day. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Salaries

$16.00 per hour
Counselor
$10.25 per hour

24 Hour Fitness Photos

Employee Appreciation gathering with Club, Region, and State Managers from San Diego, California.
3x Employee Of The Month