24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Service Representative Lead / Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
A day at 24 Hour Fitness was full of fun, energy and it is a place you simply cannot get bored of. I learned a lot as a customer service representative, I learned to deal with several issues I can be faced with and how to handle them. My coworkers were great, except they all leave the company after just a few months. The hardest part of the job was folding towels, and the old equipment that would stop working and we would have to take the blame for it.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No paid benefits, no holidays off
Management makes a difference
Customer Service Representative/Kids Club (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 28, 2016
i worked at two sites. One in Orange and then Palmdale. The orange site was amazing. Management was great all around. The team worked well together and the members made the job that much better. Management in the other site was horrible. No background in management and played favoritism. In all jobs we have issues however when you work in a place where its more kids and no work ethics then a healthy environment its not a match
Pros
free membership
Cons
bad management
productivity
Membership Counselor, Service Representative, CPT (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 17, 2016
There are great benefits working with the company, but there are also times that do need work and improvement. While working for the company it does depend on similar cities where the gym is located. Depending on which facility a persons job is located, does require an employee to adapt. This way a person can improve on the work performance for the company, also themselves as well. Will be more functional for the company to progress and not only for one. This way is how I do prefer to other employees, especially for the persons that are hired. It does help a lot to have a smile, be polite and to be helpful to others.
Pros
Memberships can be active nationwide
Working at 24 hour fitness
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2016
The people are nice and like to keep themselves in shape.There are times clients and other people are acting pushy and disatisfied. I focus on the workouts i have for my clients and do my best to help them reach there goals.They are happy and get a good workout with me most of the times and also feel improvements.I would prospect on the floor and talk to many people to encourage them to try a free session and buy personal session packages afterwards if they are happy training with me.Its not easy getting people to sign up.It is a good and chalenging feeling trying to train people and create different workouts for them.
Pros
working out for free training prospects for first time free sessions
Cons
minimum to no floor hours at times.
Good for learning how corporate gyms work.
Personal trainer III (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2016
good for those what to get in to personal training but don't know how start off. these corporate gyms will however hire anyone with a personal training certification even if they don't know anything about fitness. this is a very sales oriented company if you cant sell for them then you wont last long. if you got in to personal training to help other then i would avoid this position. but if you love sales this is the job for you.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
high turnover, no structured management, only care about sales.
Friendly atmosphere
Level 3 Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2016
*Typical day at work was interacting and training clients

*How to approach different clients on different levels

*Management was great, good people

*Co-workers were fun to work with

*The job did not really have a hard part

*The most enjoyable part was working with clients and seeing their expressions when they realized that they could obtain their goals
Pros
Personal contact with clients
Cons
Salary
high stress work environment
Sales counselor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2016
great job for the first week, your goals are set so high you never reach a commission or even a congratulations when you do hit a goal, my cap was to get 30 referrals a day, which is impossible to get. if you don't hit your goals you get wrote up. if you get wrote up 3 times you get fired. its all about the short bursts of motivation and then let you go once things slow down.
Pros
free gym pass
Cons
you make 8 bucks an hour
Great Job
Lead night service representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 20, 2016
Working at 24 Hour Fitness was a positive experience all around. In a single shift i would, collect dirty towels, use industrial sized washer dryers to prepare the towels to be folded and ready for the next shift. Check chemicals in spa/pool area. Clean gym area to make for safe working out. Management was communicated with through a folder at the front desk. Hardest part of the job was getting used to a graveyard shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the members i got to meet and friends i made.
Fun, quality of life based place to work. Looking for the best interest of their members
Sales Manager/Assistant GM (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 23, 2016
Never worked for a place that worked on improving management skills more than here.
Never looked at clock to see how much longer I need to be here, everyday was fun helping people.
Most enjoyable part of the job is changing peoples lives.
Pros
Spends a lot on improving management. Good work life balance
Cons
Pay could be more
Great atmosphere, great people. Sad to have had to say bye to them, but I couldn't make the money I needed and had to weigh my options.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2016
Wonderful company, great benefits. It was exactly the type of atmosphere I was wanting, but the pay cut from serving was too significant. Overall I love the people and the work, but it wasn't paying bills.
Pros
Enhancing people's lives one membership at a time. Building rapport with members.
Cons
Pressure for quotas.
Incredible management and great environment.
Service Representative and Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJuly 20, 2016
Simple work tasks that are easy to go above and beyond in. Incredibly understanding and helpful management (Operations manager), by far the best manager I've had. Flexible schedule. Learned much about customer service and sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers, by far. Incredibly friendly and helpful and understanding, always.
Great employees, solid work, terrible upper management
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 5, 2016
Time and again it was brought to managements attention that there was no product available to sanitize the towels and other equipment in the gym to which they replied constantly "oh well" to me that is not an acceptable way to treat your paying customers. The result of never having the requested product to provide my customers with the necessary sanitary products , and their lack of general care for the customer is what inevitably lead me to leave the company.
Pros
Free Gym membership, Friendly employees, Varying customer types
Cons
Lack of care for the paying customer, lack of care for the general well being and safety of employees
Constant turnover, unrealistic expectations and no employee development.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAAugust 17, 2016
Almost no one makes it past 90 days. I've watched so many people leave or be terminated over the sales goals. The company motto towards customers is open mind, open heart, open wallet.
Pros
Already at the gym so easy to work out.
Cons
Constant turnover, "Management" is fast food quality, Wal-Mart of the Fitness world
if you are not in the service department this is an amazing company to work for
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2016
at a technician I absolutely loved my job. you get to set your own hours and for the most part you are your own boss you get to structure out your day and have a good bit of authority over your co workers.
Pros
manditory lunch and breaks, good benifits, set your own schedual
Cons
dont work in the service department
Burned out on the Corporate Monster
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2016
I've worked nearly 10 years for this company and it has had its ups and downs. Changes in corporate management have made things more challenging to work for the company any longer. A trainer with my experience and expertise should not be making the same amount as a trainer who just became a Master Trainer today.
Co workers are great and make it easy to show up and I love my clients!
Productive and fun place
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Valley, NVJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at 24 Hour Fitness involved laughing and smiling. I loved being able to grow with our member base, along with being part of a journey in their health goals.

Learning to be a leader and being able to share my knowledge with others. The hardest part of my job had to have been being able to sell such large amounts of training. I couldn't have the heart to make people pay thousands of dollars on personal training. It wasn't that I didn't believe in our trainers, but it felt wrong to take that from our members.

But, my best memories were just being able to come to work knowing everyone working as a team and pulling and pushing each other to be better and do better. Being a better you
Pros
Free membership, discounts on products
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees, pay was very low
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 17, 2016
Typical day as a kids club attendant was when I would get there 10 min before I would clock in and go inside the secure area for children. I began with disinfecting all the toys cleaning off the desk making sure the displays were put up correctly, then I would set up the computer for check-ins. I learned how to competently communicate with overprotective parents and deal with separation anxiety having children all while being able to keep a calm safe environment. I mainly worked alone but after i was done I would talk with the customer service reps and while working with others or alone I always keep a professional respectable composure. My job was very easy going and fun being that children are my passion I loved my job of babysitting them and keeping them entertained.
Pros
working with children
Cons
short hours
Friendly Place to work, little room for advancement.
Front Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 20, 2016
It's a friendly place to work when they have the right management in place, but when they don't, everyone is in a bad mood and it creates a very negative work environment.
Managers and promotions are based on who likes you, not by how hard you work.
Pros
Getting to meet new people everyday
Cons
little room for advancement, rarely a raise in pay
fun, easy paced
Kid's Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 15, 2016
Working as a kid's club attendant its all about paying attention and being on the go due to anything can happen.
Very fun, laxed, but sometimes fast paced depending on the amount of children needing to be watched. Constantly on your feet.
Best part of my job was seeing the smiling faces and knowing they were safe with me and my co-workers,
Easy to promote
Assistant Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 29, 2016
Working hard is easy for me. So getting promoted was not hard. Build your relationships, with the staff and even more important the members.
Constantly greet, help guest and prospective members. Set appointments and be on time.

Most managers have trouble with change. The faster you adapt the new policies into action, the faster you will promote.

If you feel like your manager is is no longer investing in your development- its time to go.
Don't wait promote yourself
-start by breaking records (Sales records)
-win the contest
- - let your sales do the speaking
Pros
free membership, good relationships
Cons
retail hours