24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Good part-time job but nothing to make a career out of
Service Representative (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Relaxed Atmosphere, Easy Job
Cons: Low paying
I worked mainly on the weekends doing 10-15 hours a week. The staff were overall good people but there was a lot of turnover. I just think people found a better opportunity. Nothing really stressful about the job, You come in, mind your business, do your job and exit until the next work day. In the 3 years that I was there I had 3 different club managers. The pay was the worse part of the job but like I said nothing to make a career out of.
Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Upland, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Fun Environment
Cons: Minimum wage
I learned how to better interact with people and how to be a team player. Learned basic customer service and front desk skills.
It was a rewarding experience
Kid Club Attendant (Former Employee), Houston, TX 77038August 29, 2015
This was my first job that I was able to test out challenges and fields I did not have much knowledge in. Typical day of work was watching the front desk, picking up calls, manage cashier, sell products, make sure all work out equipment and front desk was clean and presentable, greet customers, and help with any delays or problems of memberships. I learned how to adapt and work with different management. The hardest part was learning to work with new management because the turnover rate was high but I was able to make the best of each one. The most enjoyable part was being able to network with members and set a happy atmosphere to the place.
Face-paced environment in growth mode
Regional Human Resources Director (Current Employee), Denver and San DiegoAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Lack of communication and constantly changing compensation plans
High energy Company for those who have a passion for fitness. Ability to impact many employees and provide development opportunities. Great place to try new ideas and be an advocate for a Company while enduring an unknown, changing culture. Collaborative for field employees. Highly results driven and performance is almost 100% driven purely on results.
fitness with a twist
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Santee, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: fitness
Cons: everything else
you have to approach ppl while they r working out and try to sell them a package. trainers have to hit quotas. really bad situation.
typical day at work
Service Representative Night (Former Employee), Northridge, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: long hours
Our typical day at work would consist of reracking weights and also doing at least 15-20 loads of towels to set the morning crew up.
Good company. Some poor managers.
Senior Software Engineer/Analyst (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Poor management, and too much cake. We're a fitness company!
Overall the company is committed to fitness, which is great, but they are now more committed to making $$$ in the form of new annual dues and other nickle & dime tactics which may dissuade some from joining.

Work and life balance have generally been good. Few weekends or nights, if any. Management for the most part is okay however there are exceptions.
Fun work place but not for everyone
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work while I attended school. The management team was able to work with my schedule well. Enjoyed talking and meeting with all the members!
Great place to work!
Service Representative (Current Employee), indioAugust 23, 2015
There's not too much to say, 24 hour fitnfesse was an awesome place to work and the co workers were awesome as well. I love that I got the chance to meet new people and learn so much with the company
fun work place good coworkers
HEALTH & FITNESS PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee), Glenarden, MDAugust 23, 2015
Highly sales driven. Had to get your own clientele couldn't just depend on gym to bring you clients. fun coworkers and good environment
Helping others to achieve their goal!
Midwest Regional Director (Former Employee), ColoradoAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Developing my teams and making them successful.
I learned how to manage, multiple building sites, and employees.

I was educated in reducing/eliminating issues for our members which provided a positive experience.

The best part of this job was: Keeping in shape and eating right provided me with a positive attitude and a great working environment.
24 Hour Fitness
Senior Manager Risk Management (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 22, 2015
Good corporate culture with limited employee benefits. The upward mobility is consistent as a fitness professional but somewhat undefined.
Very fun place to work and make new friends.
Master Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great work relationships.
Cons: Ever changing management.
Fun place to work with chances to develop a lot of close friendships. Management can be a revolving door with ever changing management styles though.
Bucks Pizza
Operations Manager (Current Employee), PasadenaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Good hours and traffic, loved the people
Cons: Not enough hourly rate/ bad location
100% customer service.
Leadership role
scheduling
P&NL
stock management
Kitchen leader and restaurant manager
I loved the job.
productive work inviornment with incentives
Roseville Sales manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: I have many incentives
Cons: Most of the incentives are unreachable
My job is to set a daily target for my team to over achieve our clubs daily budget while getting my team what they really want and helping them be their best . I have learned while managing my own department how portentous it could be if you are not a collaborative team member. Management is great, everyone leans on you,and expects the best out of you so it allows you to work to your best potential daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is changing the lives of people who have life goals.
great place to build relationships and learn about fitness
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), fort worth, texasAugust 13, 2015
Working at 24 hour fitness let me meet a lot of great people and taught me a lot about the human body and how to better myself physically and mentally
Consistent hours, can be a good/bad thing.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/NIGHT (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: The free gym membership, lovely gym members to converse with. 15% Discount.
Cons: No benefits really.
I was with 24 Hour Fitness for 2 and a half years( November 2012- April 2015) The company started off with 8 to 11.5 hours a week in the beginning. I was in need of hours and asked to be put to graveyard for an increase. Hours became really consistent from then on, with 21-28 varying on the week. I was really satisfied with my place there. 24 Hour Fitness worked well with availability and requested time off. The job itself was really easy. You stayed up at the front and did a club walk each hour, walk around the gym and fill the paper towels, soaps, toiletries in the locker rooms, re-rack the weights, and put any equipment back in its original place. The graveyard shift can make you a little uncomfortable at times when there is no one in the gym, but you get used to it. Adjusting to the sleep schedule takes a few weeks and it definitely wears you down over time. but overall I enjoyed my conversations with members throughout each night.The members that come near the end of the shift in the morning are always so nice.
fun envirmoent and building realtionships with clients
General Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TXAugust 12, 2015
If you love the gym atmosphere this is the place for you. Everyone is friendly from co workers to the people who are happily paying for their memberships.
Fun work environment that includes a free membership
Assistant Membership Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free membership, discounts on retail items, flexible schedule
Cons: High employee turnover
A typical day at work in this role includes lead generation, phone calls, guest tours, and an attempt to meet and exceed sales targets. It is a fun work environment, with strong expectations for business revenue and generation. Coworkers are usually outgoing and friendly, and the work environment allows for opportunities to engage with individuals from all walks of life.
Great Work environment but too much stress.
Assistant Membership Manager (Current Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: No work - life balance
My management team was pretty decent, but there was too much stress imposed by the corporate team. Also, there is not a great work - life balance.