24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work but compensation is low
Service Manager (Former Employee), Escondido, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: low pay
Fun, upbeat, goal driven environment with great benefits. Hardest part was being on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week with a low pay scale. If compensation was higher I would have stayed with the company.
Fun but Stressful Environment
Club Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CaliforniaJuly 30, 2015
Every company has it's ups and downs. This company is currently trying to motivate it's leadership through fear and it is creating a negative culture.
good atmosphere
Membership Counselor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed being at 24 hour fitness. I created friendships and built relationships with clients that are still friendly even 4 years later.
Long hours to pull in good pay
Master Trainer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Sales driven
Advancement requires you to hit certain quotas such as package sales, sessions trained, and amount sold. You must be training to be on the clock. I had to schedule 12-14 hour days at the gym to make sure I was training a minimum of 8 hours due to any session cancellations that arise. Good start for those looking to get experience.
Great place to work.
Membership counselor (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 26, 2015
I enjoy working at Narconon Oklahoma. It is a great place to work. I enjoy my job and coworkers alike. I've learned a lot and enjoy going to work each day.
Great place for college students to work
Kids Club Attendant/Service Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Free Membership
Cons: Minimum Wage, Difficult to move up in the company, stressful at times due to pressure put on by management
Fun place to work with encouraging co-workers
Company is really interested in making the lives of their members healthier.
Through support and encouraging advice from the staff members are satisfied with the way we interact with everyone.
Has times of being very stressful.
Ex. employee (Former Employee), SomewhereJuly 24, 2015
Pros: pay is good, career opportunity great with the right upper manager.
Cons: a lot of fake employees from top to bottom.
Basic gym duty with sales to get leads, apt, show and referrals. It can be stressful depending on your CM and a lot of CM don't try to help their MM or SM get promoted if they're really good.
fun and energizing
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2015
Fun place to work the staff and members aer great to work with. It about enjoying you day and being healthy.It comes with a free gym membership.
Overnight Service Desk Rep
Service Rep (Former Employee), Santa Barbara, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch periods
Cons: Overnight
I worked the graveyard shift checking in guest, as well as providing excellent customer service. I also cleaned the facility.
24 Hour Fitness is what you make it out to be
Membership Counselor (Current Employee), Ladera Ranch, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Commission, free membership, opportunity to branch into other positions within the company
Cons: Commission, low pay scale
I clock in, confirm the daily appointments and recap with my club manager. At four o'clock, we have a conference call with all 12 clubs in the district. After the conference call, I make phone calls,collect leads and confirm next day appointments. At the end of my shift, I print off the daily pulse report and submit my commission form. At 24 Hour Fitness, Iv'e learned how to manage my time more efficiently by multitasking each shift. We have an amazing team, the service representatives,trainers,membership, management departments work together to make the club successful.
Rewarding environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k, free membership
Cons: terrible work life balance, forced to work 6 days a week 60+ hours
Inspire people and team members through fitness
Ability to understand business both top line and bottom line revenue
Ability to quickly access business using KPI and sales dashboards to proactively access profitbility
Great team environment as the GM you have the ability to influence and build careers around you
Great place to work, Great atmosphere, Great place to meet people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Able to use the gym, great atmosphere, wonderful place to work
Cons: part time, minimum wage, lack of opportunity for growth.
24 hour fitness was a great place to work. You were allowed to use the gym. If you needed more hours sometimes you could pick up shifts at other gym locations.
Fast-paced, casual work place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 20, 2015
It is a great place to work if you are trying to get out of your comfort level, and learn how to meet people and possibly network.

It is a self-driven job, and therefore your paycheck is a direct reflection of the amount of work you put it, and how successful of a salesperson you are.
Health and Fitness
PT3 Trainer and GroupX Instructor (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Healthy and positive work environment
Cons: Box gym, minimum room for growth, scheduling - work hours are not ideal for my life style
24 Hour Fitness is dedicated to making sure it's members are provided with what they need to reach their goals. As a personal trainer, I worked with clients on a daily basis that were determined to reach their fitness goals. Every individual is unique and a custom plan is require for them. It is my job to assess and see when works best for you. Together we will get you where you want to be.

There is a team of fitness experts that are ready and available at all times to answer any questions you have. The hardest part about my jobs is having to prove to my clients that they CAN do it. The most enjoyable part is watching them achieve it!
Unique Environment with happy customers.
PERSONAL TRAINER and KIDS CLUB attendant (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: Managers are inconsistent and unprofessional
I supervised children in the Kids Club inside of the gym. I love working with all of the children. I also spent some time greeting members and guests at the front desk. My coworkers were a little inexperienced and some were very naive and immature. The managers changed frequently and often contradicted each other. There was a lot of unprofessional things done by a few managers that made the job very unenjoyable.
Work hard and advance
Membership Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free Membership, Easy Products to Sell
Cons: non professional work enviroment, bad work/life blance
You can start at the bottom and get to the top as fast as your desire to advance but when you get to the department head title it slows down there.
fun and energetic work enviroment.
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), redwood cityJuly 18, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: not enough benefits
face to face sales getting to really know a customer. made about 80 calls a day and set appointments for the following work day. fun environment in a gym setting, happy and loyal customers.
Micromanagment
Membership Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, TX.July 16, 2015
Pros: free memberships
Cons: poor compensation and pay
It's a Gym you get no benefits besides a free gym membership.
Poor management, not a fun environment no bonuses,poor pay.
fast pace professional management
Front Desk Clerk/Housekeeper (Former Employee), San Carlos, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free membershit
Cons: loud at times
Great place to work and workout. Very knowledgeable trainers that have certification to help assist you with reach you weight loss goals. One of the benefits offered to you as an employee is a free membership, that was one of the benefits i enjoyed working at 24hr Fitness
I learned and laughed a lot.
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 14, 2015
I loved my team at 24. I learned a lot from all the master trainers, and had great personalities that I worked with. Often, corporate would make decisions for the gym and the equipment without consulting the trainers on what we thought was best. Outside of that, I enjoyed my time there.

1 2 3 4 5

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Salaries

$15.00 per hour
Counselor
$10.25 per hour

24 Hour Fitness Photos

Employee Appreciation gathering with Club, Region, and State Managers from San Diego, California.
3x Employee Of The Month