24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Unfair work environment that leaves you wanting
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 1, 2016
Management is quick to take advantage of its' employees and force them to provide better services in order to line their own pockets as they are the only ones capable of earning any kind of bonus. They try to create a competitive environment in order to continue boosting their sales numbers.

Before being hired you are told of possibilities of advancement and benefits however you are later told that you only qualify for such if you TRANSFER to another location! Increase in pay is nearly impossible forcing many people to leave the company to search of better work.

Though co-workers can and are usually enjoyable creating good friendships, often personal lives become a distraction causing rumors and dishonesty in the workplace.

I would not recommend this job to anyone who is hoping to establish themselves as independant beings. This job better caters to those who want job experience or pocket cash. The corporation, or perhaps just the individual gyms themselves force people to quit and refuse to provide advancement opportunities.

Had I not been lied to about this job I would have never quit my other job.
Pros
free membership, employee discounts
Cons
no benefits, poor management, no chance of advancement, possible racism
Enjoyable, and loved being around the fitness lifestyle
Greeter/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2016
first person to interact with the member. Got to see members reach their fitness goals. Was able help educate members with their fitness goals.
Pros
Around the fitness lifestyle
Cons
Wasn't full time
Good opportunties and pay but poor management and culture
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed a lot of my time working at 24 hour fitness. For the most part I felt as if I were in control of my own schedule. Very nice balance between work and my free time. Frequent changes in management, changes to the compensation, and changes to the overall culture of the gym pushed me away.
Pros
Many opportunites, good facilities, fun
Cons
Poor training, poor management, too many changes
Great place to start your training career
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CANovember 28, 2016
This is a great place to start out as a trainer. Growth into management can be hard to get into, its all politics.If you learn from the senior trainers who are successful, you can grow your business fast. Unfortunately, they dont have many of them as turnover is pretty high
Pros
many locations incase you need to relocate
Cons
environment is for the young
company sitll trying to find itself
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2016
when a company switches ownership 3 times in a decade, it will understandably have no idea what type of culture it is trying to establish.
Cons
district management and hr
eh
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 23, 2016
its a good job for a student who does not care about making much money. owners are cheep and constantly raising membership rates without fixing up the place.
I got a free membership and met a lot of great people
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 19, 2016
The management is really unorganized and the employee turn over rate was bad. I would get orders from 3 different managers when I was only suppose to be taking orders from one and it would conflict with my required work tasks.
Fun place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 18, 2016
It was fun to work at a gym. While I worked there as an Administrative Assistant, I got a free gym membership! I got in my workout during lunch time or after my day ended.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Can't think of any con
Job sucks
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 16, 2016
Have to get your own clients, but they want you to do it off the clock. Play favorites with certain trainers. They have unstable management.
Pros
Short Hours
Cons
Short Hours
Awful company
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
Most "trainers" have little certification. Management doesn't care about the people who come to the gym, only those who sign up for pricey personal training sessions. Not an ethical company I'd want to continue working for or again.
Pros
They teach you how to sell snake oil
Cons
Broken equipment, bad management, low standards, no ethics
80 calls a day or you're fired
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 16, 2016
Besides calling out all day you will ask the 6 customers with memberships if they have any friends or family who would like to join. And you will do that day in and day out
Pros
Membership
Cons
Management, training, gym appearance, like trying to make mountains out of molehills
Low stress level job with a lot of opportunity.
Fitness Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 13, 2016
I enjoy working at 24 hour fitness. My coworkers feel like family and the members too. At times the EFT goals can be stressful, making budget but if you have a strong team anything is possible.
Pros
Great members, coworkers
Cons
Management could be better
Comfortable Team
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2016
Great management and a great company! They help you succeed at the job and make sure you are well trained during the training process of the job.
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 12, 2016
This job can be extremely rewarding as long as you and your clients give it all you have. I am lucky that I enjoy the other trainers that I work with and we work well as a team.
Cons
Cyclical
Great Environment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2016
Everyone working there and working out are extremely friendly. They are willing to help you out if you have any training questions or just need a workout buddy.
Gym
Master Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 11, 2016
Working here was great entry level position. Learned enough to move to next position, great atmosphere. Great mentors, but not a great place to grow.
Love the company
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 8, 2016
Great place to personally grow and develop your costumer service and sales skills. Open opportunity to grow through the company as you wish as they like to promote from within.
Pros
Commission based
good place
Master Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2016
love the job, the environment was the best about the job. Being able to help others in theirs lives to change their habits and image was great. meeting new people everyday is a wonderful thing for business .
Decent place to work
Asistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowry, CONovember 7, 2016
Growth within the company is not very achievable and the compensation/pay was worse. Normal daily duties were to run the front desk and clean the bathrooms. The amount of work put in is not nearly as recognized at other places I have worked and the management team mainly focused on sales and number.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay
Good learning experience
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 7, 2016
I've been able to work in every position at 24 Hour Fitness. They make it easy to move up within the company. I am thankful for the certifications and scholarships that the company has granted me but there are not many other benefits for personal trainers. It is a good place to learn the skills needed to be a successful trainer by working with a wide variety of clients.
Pros
Large clientele
Cons
Not many benefits