24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,464 reviews matching the search
Awesome Community
Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 14, 2017
Meet great people and start off your new career around those who can support you. Many opportunities if you just grind out and ask for them. Sales skills developed as well as learning your value as a trainer.
Great place to start a personal training career
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 14, 2017
I loved getting up early every morning to meet and train my clients. This job makes you have purpose. This is where I learned to train clients effectively and safely. My favorite part was when I would workout with other trainer, we would challenge each other but at the same time learn from each other. I loved my 4 years there.
Pros
it felt like we were a family
Cons
Great place to start a career
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJune 14, 2017
24 was a great place to start a career as a trainer. I was successful early on and moved up in management extremely fast. I managed 3 locations and was able to grow those business very rapidly. I hit a point in my career where I felt I couldn't advance any further due to upper management issues but I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Personal development, growth
Cons
politics
The Allen, TX location is good place to begin personal training career.
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 14, 2017
24 Hour Fitness can be a good place to begin a career in fitness coaching/personal training. Depending on the location and local demographics, opportunities are possible.
Management doesn't define true leadership
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Region 101June 14, 2017
Poor leadership skills they do not lead by example. All about metrics, your self generated leads are EVERYONES leads. If your not there to sign someone else although you toured and issued the pass prepare to get HALF your sale. Compensation is low, you're better off at another sales job if you want to make real money. This job is only great if you've had no sales experience it can be a good opportunity to learn unless you have bad managers that do not make time to teach you anything except make phone calls or get leads. They claim to be team players in reality they are not. Their rule of thumb on calling out sick is you can't. You need sick hours to call out sick if you do not have any even with a doctors note your a no call no show. However, if your management and call out for a "personal day" you are excused. Was a member of 24 for years really looked up to this company until I worked for them. Just another corporation.
Pros
Flexibility, Free Membership
Fun place to work
Group X Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 14, 2017
Working as a group X instructor is a challenging job, but is also a rewarding experience by changing people's lives, Grup X clases are the best. I will definitely recommend this as a working place.
Major Opportunity
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 13, 2017
24 Hours fitness was a great opportunity to think quick on my feet everyday at work. Each day was a challenge that made time go by fast. 24 hours has a lot of opportunity to move up in the company into management.
A great challenge and fun but little to no advancement
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 13, 2017
I have been a personal trainer and fitness director for about 7 years. I started at 24 and within about a month was promoted to Assistant Fitness Manager (we didn't have an FM at the time). I thought the pay would be great but I could not be more wrong. I was working 60-70 hours a week training, and thats not even including my administrative duties. For that much work and grind the pay did not reflect what I was putting into my job and ultimately it took a toll on me and my clients suffered for it. It took about another year and a half before they would drop the assistant from my name and make me a full fledged fitness manager, but by then i was fed up with the boys club they have going on there. The atmosphere was fun I did enjoy my job and my employees but don't expect to make a decent living with the hours you will put in.
Pros
fun place
Cons
boys club and low pay
Great working enviroment
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 13, 2017
I absolutely loved being with 24 Hour Fitness. Amazing coworkers and management. Every day is always different always different people with different questions. Working with this company you meet lots of amazing people everyday, which helped me with speaking to people, how to read their physical emotions, know what to say at the right time, just knowing how to approach any situation correctly. Such a great environment, music is always playing, lots of people always making conversation. You really become part of something bigger than just a job, you become apart of a family. The members that you get to know is the most rewarding part of the job, meeting the people you never knew you would ever meet.
Lacking compensation but fun place to work
Kid's Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 12, 2017
For the most part my job isn't hard yet in the Kid's club, we are often overlooked. The kids don't have the proper equipment to use to keep them busy and entertained. What they do have, is often dated or donated. Management only seems to get involved whenever a situation arises. The hardest part of my job is being so understaffed so if someone is needing a day off or gets sick, we often don't have the coverage. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new kids and getting to interact differently with each child, to help grow their imagination.
Pros
Free membership, laid back environment
Cons
No communication, no structure
I love my job
Kid's Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2017
Even though I don't necessarily like how 24 Hour's employees are treated, I definitely keep a positive attitude about it because I work with the kids and I absolutely love it. A typical day varies between playing tag, hide and go seek, and other games with the children, or coloring/doing puzzles.. I learn so much everyday from those kids. I've learned how to be more open minded and creative. I don't see management throughout my days, and they don't really check on us. The workplace culture is very unique and diverse. There is no discrimination. The hardest part of the job is feeling underappreciated and the most enjoyable part is when reoccurring families come in and the children start remembering my name.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
no breaks, maternity leave, no paid sick days
sales
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 11, 2017
Nice environment just hard to make money. Need to find a good management in order to grow in the company. But you get a free membership to workout where ever you go.
Pros
Free membership
24 hour fitness
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 11, 2017
Was a good stepping stone on outside sales and marketing. Building a team of sales people and providing customer service as needed to every new and existing member.
Fun
Kids Club Supervisor/ Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJune 10, 2017
Overall great workplace for students or individuals in need of flexibility. As a supervisor I was in charge of ensuring a smooth day to day operation of my department. Provided schedules and delegate duties.
Great Atmosphere to work in
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 8, 2017
Selling memberships and helping people reach their fitness goals. Re-racking weights and keeping facility clean.Stocking supplies for everyday operations.
Pros
free gym memberships
Cons
Re-racking weights
Easy pace
FITNESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 8, 2017
24 Hour Fitness has a good easy pace for those looking for a more relaxed atmosphere. The pay is sub par until you get to management and then you can really make some good money.
Fun
Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
I actually liked working here but of course like everywhere is there is the good and bad. Great Management staff, Company values are great. Everybody there were friendly.
Pros
Free SUPER sport memberships
Cons
Weird hours
productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 8, 2017
Working for 24 hour fitness was a dream of mine. after working there for 2 years, i would like to move on and find something better which i prefer to be in sport management filed.
Average workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2017
I would not recommend working at 24 Hour Fitness. They do not pay nearly as much as their employees deserve. I still love working out but I would never work there ever again.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
low pay, average management, repetitive work
Inspiring place to work.
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAJune 7, 2017
Inspiring place to work. Healthy, fun environment. Good, helpful co workers. Helpful management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients, training them, teaching them and seeing the results they achieved. Seeing the clients happy, healthy, and reaching their fitness and weight goals was very rewarding for them and for me as their trainer.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes.
Cons
No healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.