24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employer Reviews

Energetic work environment
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 13, 2014
Being a personal trainer is a fun way to get in shape, and help other people achieve their fitness goals while having fun in the process. The pay was above average, and the benefits were surprisingly good as well.
Wrongful Termination
Service Representative (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 10, 2014
Worked for company for 6 years. Went on maternity leave for 14 weeks. During that time, I started the online business with Team Beachbody. I was terminated 2 weeks after returning from work for participating the business due to "Conflict of Interests". I was never warned for given a heads up about this. However, there are Beachbody coach that get certified – more... in workouts like P90X, PiYo, Body Pump and also work in gym like 24 Hour Fitness. Isnt that also "Conflict of Interest"? – less
Great experience
Membership Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free membership, medical benefits
Cons: low salary
24 Hour brought me in and taught me the fundamentals of sales. Since the company wasn't off commission you had to be self-driving and that's where I learned the best experience. I was coached by great leaders in the company that showed me the in's and outs of sales. Throughout my time their I learned management skills and material. Upon my own success – more... in the company I was promoted and led my own team. The inspiration through the journey was improving the members lives through fitness. As time went on with the company I met a lot of individuals that I can now later on use a references and I can seek other opportunities else where in sales. – less
Enjoyable work environment
Service Representative (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: lack of movement
A typical day at work at 24 hour fitness is ensuring that all members are welcomed and greeted as family. Any needs or concerns they have is my concern. I learned much about customer service, retail sales, and the importance of a smile.

Management is very laid back and believes in a team approach, rather than a boss dictating every move. My co-workers – more... are like any friends I have outside of the workplace, just fun good people to be around.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to work out while being in a gym for 7 hours!

The most enjoyable part of this job has to see members progressing their health. – less
Fun, fast paced place to work
Kid's Club Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: pay isn't that great
A typical day at 24 Hour Fitness would be jam-packed with meeting new members, getting to know their fitness goals, training new team members, learning new skills from someone higher up than you.
Great company and place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2014
Also want to go back, loved my job there. Was there 2 n half years
multi-tasking environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers/ customers
Cons: not enough hrs
Check in and greet all customer accounts and inquiries with data entry, membership updates, sales, cash handling, filing, closing store maintaining all
Productive and informative
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 22, 2014
Great administrative staff ready to help you develop and grow within the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Club Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 21, 2014
Thi company was a great place to work. It provided a challenging, fast paced environment while helping the community achieve their health goals.
Inspiring place to work with health and fitness motivation
Building Supervisor/Front Desk (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 17, 2014
- Call leads, set up appointments, see guests and sell memberships
- Customer service
Low Pay
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 17, 2014
Only benefit was having the gym available for me right away.
Good for a part time job
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great members and facilty
Cons: management
Its not commission based unless you are in the personal training field. training can be pricey but the Trainers are good at what they do. due to poor compensation though, this job has a high turnover. again, if you want a PT job and want to build experience for your own personal business, then do it!
Fun place to work
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), West Covina, CASeptember 15, 2014
Fun place to work except the compensation for being a Membership Counselor is too great. sure you can move up but, compared to what you can be making if it were commission isn't good.
Working in a gym is a great way to get in shape if you are not or stay in shape if you are.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free membership, access to all gyms nation wide, meeting different kinds of people
Cons: no steady schedule
A typical day at work is very calm until peek hours. A lot of the time during your shift you are preparing for the next peek time to arrive. While in this position i learned to always prepare for the worst. I also learned different styles to teach others. Being the lowest manager at work gave me the opportunity to learn from other managers. I learned – more... to separate myself from my team and be a leader. My co-workers were very realistic and easy to work with. We set goals and accomplished them together. The hardest part of the job is working a crazy schedule. There is not much stability and your scheduled based on the business needs. The most enjoyable part is being able to connect and build a relationship with the members you see everyday. The people make the job more enjoyable. – less
Great Place to inspire and promote health
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Altadena, CASeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for 24hour Fitness I had great rapport with guest and I love helping them take the 1st step toward health and exercise.
Fun workplace
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Current Employee), portland, oregonSeptember 7, 2014
Good people, fun atmosphere, flexible schedule. This has been a great first time sales position. We do not work on commission so it allows us to really focus on the customer and never have to be pushy. Have learned a lot of useful skills and have become very comfortable interacting with people of all backgrounds on a daily basis.
Fun work place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Katy, TXSeptember 4, 2014
I became a trainer because I love being around fitness and keeping myself fit. I like going to the gym and helping people with their health goals and transformations.
Awesome place to work.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 31, 2014
I love working for 24 Hour Fitness and plan on being there for a long time. I'm simply looking for a job in Physical Therapy, part-time, since that is what I'm studying for and would like to start gaining experience in the field as soon as I can.
Personal trainers = glorified sales reps = churn and burn
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 29, 2014
Pros: nice facility
Cons: politics, selling pressure, co-worker competition, low wage, low payout, delayed benefits, weak management
Pie-in-the-sky expectations from hiring manager in terms of income potential. GM was aloof and out of touch with staff and clients - couldn't fulfill the role, especially in Gucci shoes, $2000 suits, and coiffed hair. Disrespectful, know-it-all millennial "assistant managers" in the PT department need a lesson in civility. Also a conflict of interest – more... when a PT "manager" is dating another PT! Most of the PT staff was nice and supportive. The newer PTs frown on new PTs coming in and cutting into their business. Lots of politics between the sales staff and the PTs to get the new members before they're churned and burned. You'll be asked to canvas the gym floor to look for prospects that have already been approached a hundred times. "Master Trainers" receive that distinction simply based on the amount of clients they've serviced = meaningless. As a new PT, be prepared to sell, sell, sell! and if you can't close, you'll have the Fitness Manager there to help you convince a member how they need a PT package. This company has to have the worst payout percentage in the industry while you make $8.00 an hour. So, if you're not building your business you're screwed. As a PT, your payout grows as you reach milestones in terms of "servicing" clients. The facility is only a few years old and has all the bells and whistles. It's not an Equinox, but it's the next step down. They have a very nice Personal Training area where PTs and their clients have preferred access. Health benefits after 6 months is atrocious in an industry (a facility that promotes health and well-being) where you're exposed to the public everyday (body fluids) and illness. It may be a good place to cut your teeth in the industry but you'll be hard pressed to ascend the ranks with this company unless you can close the sale. – less
Busy and fast paced work environment
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLAugust 28, 2014
meet and greet customers and ensure top quality customer service

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Photos