24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Easy Part time job
Service Representative/ Kids Club (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 2, 2016
I was working part time while finishing up college. It was easy money. their is really no room for growth or advancement.
Balancing the past with the future.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2016
A very process driven organization with a heavy sales emphasis. Individuality has not previously been encouraged unless you are getting great results, but the culture of the former used car saleman is changing as the company tries to foster a retention based model for its employees and members' alike. Striking the balance between the demands of quick returns by investors and taking care if its members is not easy, but 24 is trying to be more experience oriented and connective with its 4 million members. Good work environments, Great friendships and relationships fostered. Very qualified, knowledge based fitness teams working hard to connect members to results.
Pros
Good performance is usually rapidly rewarded
Cons
Tendency to foster jumping from club to club for career advancement
Wonder place to work
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2016
Working at 24 Hour Fitnessis a beautiful place to work. Constantly talking members about on how they're health goal coming along and always offering how to eat, workout, proper form. At InShape is all about creating new leads and for those to show and sell, hardest about the job is that everyone knows every one but it doesn't stop me asking the same question every other day or so to ask about if they know anyone thats willing to join a membership.
Working at 24 hour fitness
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2016
The people are nice and like to keep themselves in shape.There are times clients and other people are acting pushy and disatisfied. I focus on the workouts i have for my clients and do my best to help them reach there goals.They are happy and get a good workout with me most of the times and also feel improvements.I would prospect on the floor and talk to many people to encourage them to try a free session and buy personal session packages afterwards if they are happy training with me.Its not easy getting people to sign up.It is a good and chalenging feeling trying to train people and create different workouts for them.
Pros
working out for free training prospects for first time free sessions
Cons
minimum to no floor hours at times.
awesome
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2016
great work environment, wonderful co workers. managers are always willing to help get more clients. hours are what you make them.
decent work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Mopped floors for the entire gym and thoroughly clean bathrooms
▪ Fully cleaned locker rooms and ensured all mirrors and windows were cleaned
▪ Dusted/cleaned all four sections of cardio machines and unloaded boxes of supplies form UPS deliveries
Pros
working out for free
Cons
sounds of weights banging
Good People
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 28, 2016
Fun place to work with the right people but when the good people leave usually many will follow and the club feel the burden.
Management makes a difference
Customer Service Representative/Kids Club (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 28, 2016
i worked at two sites. One in Orange and then Palmdale. The orange site was amazing. Management was great all around. The team worked well together and the members made the job that much better. Management in the other site was horrible. No background in management and played favoritism. In all jobs we have issues however when you work in a place where its more kids and no work ethics then a healthy environment its not a match
Pros
free membership
Cons
bad management
if you are not in the service department this is an amazing company to work for
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2016
at a technician I absolutely loved my job. you get to set your own hours and for the most part you are your own boss you get to structure out your day and have a good bit of authority over your co workers.
Pros
manditory lunch and breaks, good benifits, set your own schedual
Cons
dont work in the service department
Fun but pay was terrible
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 24, 2016
Management is given poor training, sweet coaches but pay is not livable. I recommend going here as a stepping block either within 24 or as a trainer somewhere else.
Great company with ability to move up in several departments
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CASeptember 22, 2016
Great company to learn about all aspects of customer service. Numerous tools and resources to help you move up in different departments. Flexible hours and shifts and pay was comparable to type of work. Diverse team of leaders and employees.
Make sure that all check-in procedures are met and provide customer service to our members
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 20, 2016
My position at 24 Hour Fitness requires me to be very interactive with our members and guests. A typical interaction allows me to provide our members with professional customer service.
Fun to work
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 20, 2016
It was fun for my work experience and 1st time job. Follow every policy that they have - is my advice for any new employers or you will have to be let go.
Pros
30 mins lunch break
Cons
Working other/double shifts when I had my own kids waiting for me.
Day at 24
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 20, 2016
Typical day at work would be greeting members and encourage children to do activities. Coworkers and members are a huge reason why I've been at 24 for a couple years. Management could be better, sadly they come and go.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
pay
Decent pay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Decent pay and flexible schedule are a plus. Managers can be good depending on your location. Good place to start out as a trainer. You make your own schedule so you can work around your school schedule.
Productive workplace
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 13, 2016
Provided activities for the children to do while their parents work- out. Participate with the children in playing games, coloring pictures, watching movies, and communicated with them. Kept a clean organized work place.
Pros
Get to play with children
Cons
Short hours
Disorganized, inappropriate facility
Sales & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2016
This was my first job in a gym setting. I was assigned to work overnight shifts which proved to be very difficult while going to school.

A typical day here would generally be checking membership status upon entry and cleaning up after members. I learned how to handle a fast-paced customer service environment during my time at 24 Hour.

Management would be one of the pro's of my short time at this facility. Communicative and friendly.

Flexibility in membership agreements made it very difficult for the facility to provide above average customer service for members. This facility is much less about developing relationships as it is about simply making the sale. Sales are important in a successful business, but retaining members, in my opinion, is equally important for a fruitful business.

What I enjoyed most about working in this facility was connecting with the people. I did my best to break apart from the typical "front desk" employee to more of an ambassador of the business in developing customer relationships to contribute to our retention.
Pros
Free memberhsip
Cons
Disorganized, non-personal, inappropriate behavior in locker-rooms, shift times, pay, and membership structure
Great environment with great people.
Service Member Representative (Current Employee) –  Pearl City, HI 96782September 11, 2016
The people I work with are amazing. They're nice, respectable, and always willing to help customers. They're a great team to work with.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Dealing with disrespectful members/guests.
Fun place to work at
Service Representative Lead / Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
A day at 24 Hour Fitness was full of fun, energy and it is a place you simply cannot get bored of. I learned a lot as a customer service representative, I learned to deal with several issues I can be faced with and how to handle them. My coworkers were great, except they all leave the company after just a few months. The hardest part of the job was folding towels, and the old equipment that would stop working and we would have to take the blame for it.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No paid benefits, no holidays off
Great Place to be.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 8, 2016
I loved the people that came to my job. My co-workers was like family. I worked an amazing shift there. Management was really helpful and took pride the their brand.