24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

Excellent company
GROUP X INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 22, 2017
I enjoy working for 24 hour fitness because they offer an abundance of support. I am given the tools i need to do my job effectively. They are flexible with my schedule.
A very fun healthy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXSeptember 22, 2017
An excellent friendly work environment with so many advantages in living a healthy lifestyle. With free membership and discounts on products its hard not to work there and look great.
Health and Fitness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I like 24 Hour Fitness, Inc. But there are a lot of things I would change at some locations that I've worked at. More of leadership and opportunity that I was told during training class. But I never felt that it lived up to its true purpose. I have many friends who have worked there and left and believe they would agree with me saying that 24 could show care not only to the service reps, but also the sales/fitness trainers as well. For awhile it become to a point that I wanted to just stay for the membership and not for the career anymore. I left for the overnight shift just so I can still work but not be treated like I was another lower class employer. Then it became clear that I wanted to be my own boss as an entrepreneur and someday CEO of my own company and team. I knew the sacrifice I would have to give and the hard work over working everyday to fulfil this goal from dream. But I believe it was something I was willing to do in order for me to get paid for what I was worth and go wherever I chose to go. So I made the decision to leave 24 and focus on something higher and to achieve what I used to think was impossible. As for 24 Hour Fitness, Inc. During my years of working there I have learn a lot of things from being an employer to becoming a leader and how I want to have a team to be treated to make dreams come true. 24 Hour Fitness reminded me of what I wanted. I am thankful for being apart of a team that has helped me and the managers that inspired me to go the distance in life.
Pros
10% discount, free membership
Cons
To be honest there wasn't an oppertunity there for me, but it could be one for others if it's what they seek and believe.
Great enviornment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 21, 2017
24 Hour Fitness was an extremely upbeat place to work. I enjoyed all of my co-workers, as well as my supervisors. Unfortunately, they got bought out by LA Fitness, or I would have loved to return.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Bought out
A great place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2017
An amazing and friendly place to work... there is not a lot of benefits but the environment makes up for it. management of it is great, the only thing was hours for me.
Pros
friendly, fun environment
Cons
hours, lack of benefits
Awesome place
Service Supervisor, Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2017
This was an awesome place to work. my manager was great, the members are awesome. The environment is great if you like to work out. I had a lot of fun working here.
Fun Working place
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 20, 2017
I work with the children in the daycare. I have learned how to do crafts and how to set come up with projects to do with the children. I enjoy following the children's interest in whatever they want to do. I also, enjoy getting active with the children everyday and seeing them grow .
Pros
Free gym membership, discounts
Cons
shortbreaks, we can't give children snack
Great
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 20, 2017
Close to home, great employees, fair pay.
I liked the different services and management was great to work with.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get into the fitness world.
Fun
Service Representative/ Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 19, 2017
I worked with kids doing crafts and making sure of their safety. Learned different ways to grabbing their attention. The management was always their to help if needed. Hardest part was always having patience and I enjoyed the parents satisfactory.
Team members are great, low to mid level managment.
Fitness Manager III (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 18, 2017
Train develop and hire team members. Sell fitness and revenue. Update business model and insure club hits revenue budgets. Great team culture and all trainers buy into healthy lifestyle and helping people.
Pros
Workout and great team culture
Cons
Stressful and lack of management expereince

Want to know more about 24 Hour Fitness?

Ask a question
n/a
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYSeptember 18, 2017
great management in the company. lots of opportunity to advance just takes too long..very friendly staff never a bold day at work. Worse part is dealing with stubborn customers
Fun and challenging
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pacific Beach, CASeptember 18, 2017
Great place to gain customer service skills. Learned how do deal with multiple problems. Management was great. Workplace was fun but exhausting. Meeting all the people was eye opening.
Pros
Meet a lot of people
Cons
Environment could be exhausting at times
Fun work place
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CASeptember 16, 2017
It was a great part time job while going to school. They are very flexible and willing to work with school schedules or other job schedules. Im thankful for the experience and friendships I've made here.
I would not recommend working for 24 Hour Fitness
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 16, 2017
At first when I started working at 24 it was fun, I enjoyed going to work. In 2014 things started going down hill, slowly everyone started losing hours; going from 30+ hrs to less the 20. Upper management set higher goals, we all had to meet with less time to do it in. Some employees were let go if they didn’t meet the new goals.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Would not recommend
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXSeptember 15, 2017
The OM is required to do so much work (even outside of the operations department) and the systems the company uses are so old that it creates a lot of time-consuming/wasting. I spoke with multiple superiours, informing them that the OM could be so much more productive and efficient with their time if the company updated the systems and you didn't have to go to three different places to gather data for one thing. Biggest mistake - 24 contracts out for their janitorial company....who then contracts out to another company. Gyms are unclean because the Janitors are paid minimum wage but are expected to work like they are making $15/hr.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Don't pay enough
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 15, 2017
Company provided a slow-paced job with decent pay for the work that was required of you. I primarily joined 24 Hour Fitness in order to receive a free membership while I was at school. The company provides opportunities for advancement, however, positions fill relatively quickly, so the openings are fairly competitive between other coworkers and outside-hires.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low-pay, employee benefits
24 hour fitness
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 15, 2017
This company is poorly managed and keeps no corporate support. Dated clubs were expected to maintain unrealistic numbers with little no understanding of the member base. There was no accessible link to any higher management for change. Although the hiring process is simple and streamlined, everything out side of this needs work and support.
Pros
Little to no micromanaging
Cons
No team building or employee engagement
Productive, Fun Place to work at.
Weekend General Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 14, 2017
o Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
o Contributed to the recruitment, training and retention of top-caliber sales professionals, and developed a team that was proficient in all levels of sales and marketing operations.
o Generated $2.0 million in targeted business within 5 years.Productive, Fun Place to work at.
Pros
Free Workout
Cons
Stressful
All talk, no walk
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 13, 2017
When first hired at 24 Hour Fitness the managers will tell you how easy it is to build your clientele if you just follow their sales process and direction. Once hired on there was no training on their sales process. I was just left alone to figure things out myself. It is very hard to advance to a better pay rate or position. 24 Hour Fitness is all about sales and not fitness. Once you have become a new member you are pretty much ignored.
Productive and fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 12, 2017
Overall it was a fun and good place to work. The people were friendly and everybody was there because they wanted to better themselves in some way so it was very positive
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Bad Bennefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.