24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employer Reviews

Not Bad
Manager / Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Centennial, COJune 10, 2014
No room for growth, numbers, numbers, numbers, repetitive
Membership Counselor
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Arlington,TexasJune 10, 2014
I would assist the customer in guiding them with choosing the correct membership.
Energetic Kid Club Attendant
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee), Santa Cruz, CAJune 9, 2014
I like this job its a lot different then what I have ever worked before, I love Children and I love working with parents, its some times a huge challenge but I've learned that you always have to take baby steps.
Membership Manager (Current Employee), Hasbrouck Heights, NJJune 6, 2014
A very well run organization. Great work/life balance. Overall great experience working with this company.
Job based around lifestyle, good people and good environment
Master Trainer (Former Employee), Pacifica, CAJune 3, 2014
As a personal trainer I worked directly with people to help them accomplish their goals. It was fun and I made many friends through the course of being a trainer. The only thing I did not like about this job was the hours were unpredictable, as it was a client based job.
Fun and Exciting Place To Work
Service Representative (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 1, 2014
Pros: fun family enviornment
Cons: some gyms need to be revamped asap!
I Love Working For This Company. People Will Always Have Negative Things To Say A Company But For The Most Part, I Don't See Anything Wrong With 24 Hour Fitness. Some of the Locations Can Use Some Upgrading, ASAP!

As an Employee, If You Talk To Management, They are receptive to your request and concerns. Management is watching for the Next manager, – more... so do your best and you will move up when the time is right.

This work environment is not work at all, its more like a family trying to run a business that helps people get into shape so that they can feel better about themselves. The employees actually hangout outside of work. This company and job is nothing but a big family.

The members that walk through my gym doors (Willow Glen Active) are FAMILY... Everyone knows everyone. I try to make it a fun place to be for everyone that walks through the door. No Judging! – less
Valuable experience learned, lots of knowledgable coworkers
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2014
I would interview clients to assess risk factors as well as their goals and interests. I would perform body composition and circumference assessments to establish a baseline. I would perform the same assessments later on to show the client his or her improvements. I had some of my clients write me daily food journals to insure they were eating adequate – more... amounts of the right macronutrients.

I created individualized workouts for each client based on their goals and restrictions, to optimize a safe but effective workout.

My fitness manager was very supportive and willing to help me out if I needed help. He also explained how to make sales and he would also help me make sales. He explained to me you must set up a long term plan for the clients which would insure they bought more workout sessions.

My co-workers were friendly. Some of them were willing to share with me their philosophies as well as ways the ways they keep their clients buying more sessions.

The hardest part of my job was making cold calls. I would have to call members of the club up and try and convince them to come in for a free workout out. I made a list one day when I was making the phone calls.
25- Total calls I made
20 - How many people did not answer the phone
3 - How many people said it was the wrong number
1 - How many people refused a free workout
1 - How many people said they wanted the free workout
That one person did not show up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with people. I talk with them get to know them, I become their friend. I saw that providing an excellent workout as well as good conversation will insure the client continues to buy sessions. – less
A Day At 24 Hour Fitness
Service Representative (Current Employee), Hayward/IrivineMay 26, 2014
Pros: free membership, as well as, discount on supplements
Cons: low pay
As a Service Representative I am responsible for Customer Service, club maintenance, selling supplements, executing sale tactics to sell products, and attending to customer needs. At my time with 24 hour fitness, I have learned how to communicate well with a variety of ethnicities and ages, sales techniques, marketing techniques, how to operate a P.O.S – more... system, health-fitness and nutrition skills. The co-workers I work with are a great team, we strive to push each other to make sales and compete every month for top sales associate of the month.The hard part of working at 24 hour fitness is the ideal time, if the gym is not busy, the job seems a bit mundane. The best part of working at 24 hour fitness is interacting with different people everyday, helping them change their life, and watch them become an overall happier person. – less
Very relaxed and friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 18, 2014
Cons: lack of benefits and career growth
This job was definitely a learning experience. A typical day at work included bank runs, checking emails for project tasks for the day, handling membership discrepancies, giving directions, answering phones, making copies, faxing, generating work orders for maintenance crew, sorting mail, signing off on incoming packages, making memos to put out for – more... guests, keeping lobby clean, greeting, and delegating tasks for small staff. This job taught me a few things. First, I learned how to be patient. I also learned how to work with different cultures with different values and opinions. I learned that leaders are not just micro-managers, but they also get down in the trenches with their followers. My manager was great! She gave me very informative and helpful tips to becoming a better employee, and I thank her for it. My co-workers were an interesting bunch. Funny, charming, charismatic, and might I add very effective at doing their job. Establishing patience was the hardest part of my job. People did not want to abide by protocol. Rules are put in place for a business to run smoothly and efficiently, so having to explain why I could not bend the rules was definitely quite vexing. However, the most enjoyable part was networking. I met so many noble individuals and so many friendships flourished from my lengthy time there. – less
Decent job that worked around my school schedule.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: free membership to workout.
Cons: not a lot of hours available.
The management worked great with me to accommodate my school schedule. Typical days would include greeting new or existing members, point of sale transactions, working with a team to hit monthly goals, and providing customer service. The thing that I will take away from this job is that you are only as strong as your team. With there being separate – more... departments, it was not possible to hit your goals without working with them. – less
Fun place to work
Assistant Membership Manager (Former Employee), Hasbrouck Heights, NJMay 12, 2014
I had an enjoyable experience working for 24 Hour Fitness. I was able to help improve many individuals lives through fitness on a daily basis. Whether it was through training a client and helping them reach their goals or making someone realize they need to join to become healthier was very rewarding. My co-workers were great and I really enjoyed going – more... to work with everyone. Plus we received a free membership for being employees. The only drawbacks were the pay, expectations, and corporate management. The expectations and goals of the company are very lofty and always out of reach and the compensation did not match the amount of work and effort put into the business. – less
Amazing Company
Membership Counselor (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 12, 2014
I love working here, such a positive environment that truly helps people improve their lives through fitness.
Personal Trainer 24 Hour Fitness
Personal Trainer (Full-Time) (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMay 9, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: commission based salary
Great Place to work, fun environment, and rewarding field of work when it comes to setting and achieving your clients goals.

Schedule gets a little hectic

Pay is always competitive with commission compensation

Everyone is always a team player

Management is always there to help.

Your business can always grow and get bigger
review
Club Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: long hours
long days
long weeks
great people to work with at club level
I love it
Kids club attendant/service representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 7, 2014
i love it greta place to work if you are just starting in the education field.
exciting and challenging work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Upland, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and getting to know there story
Cons: no job security
best part of my Job was changing lives through fitness and learning there story. I learned never to judge anyone by what you see but rather by who they really are. I enjoyed be able to teach and develop my team and watch them grow with the company.
Fitness manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMay 4, 2014
Personal training at 24 hour fitness is a great starting point for any new trainer looking to gain some experience. Lots of room to grow within the company and a fun environment.
Love is ubiquitous at this beautiful gym
Athletic Monitor (Former Employee), Alameda, CAApril 28, 2014
I love 24 hour fitness over by high street in Alameda, CA. I am truly grateful for having worked there!!
Fun place to work, but facility is not up to date
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 27, 2014
Pros: working in a gym, wearing workout clothes, convenient location, and happy work culture.
Cons: low pay and never promoted.
My days started early and ended late. I had time for a workout midday every day. The management was helpful only when it behooved them. I was offered a promotion that never came to fruition.
I learned how to train people, to give nutrition counseling, and became TRX certified. My co-workers were amazing, fun, and extremely knowledgable.
The hardest – more... part about my job was expecting to move up in the company and was never given the opportunity to do so. The most enjoyable part about my job was working in a gym, wearing workout clothes, and for the most part creating my own schedule. – less
Great corporate culture and everyone was friendly
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: free membership! even though i didn't need one, because i had already joined with the keep fit plus!
I truly enjoyed working with this company as a membership consultant. Each day, I would rotate with the other consultants with the walk-ins. With each walk in, we showed them the club, interviewed them with a health questionnaire and pitched the various packages. In between walk-ins, was my responsibility to prospect and produce leads. Sales is obviously – more... a competitive environment, but all the staff members I worked with were incredibly friendly. Since I worked behind the gym floor, I could see everything that was going on, and there was always action going on! I felt like I was paid to hang out. The compensation was commission based for sure; don't recall if it was 100% commission based. I enjoy meeting new people and most my day was in doing just that. I would work for this company again. – less

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Photos