24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews

MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2015
The only problem was the low rate of pay and the erratic hours. Took forever to get the schedule out and then they always changed it at the last minute
Loved Working Here
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: customers at times were rude
Absolutely loved working for 24 Hour Fitness. I was a sales rep and beside the 'goals' that were set and rarely reached along with some rude customers, the place of employment itself couldn't have been better. I was around a group of people that were motivated in making a better world starting with helping people change diets and lifestyles that would eventually allow more opportunity for them. The staff was amazing and optimistic at all times and very encouraging to customers and other team members. One of my favorite jobs. I learned many social skills and sales techniques to make sells but not seem pushy and too forward. Loved being able to workout and then change into my uniform and assist others in pursuing their dreams.
not for me
Front desk lead (Former Employee), Escondido, CAFebruary 5, 2015
good place to be as a freshman in college but not where i would see myself in 10 years. corporate is ridiculous too, they go over board on a lot of things.
24 Hour Fitness
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working at 24 Hour Fitness, the people were great and majority of the management was very approachable if you need anything.
Decent job for students
Sales Representative & Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible shifts and hours
Cons: poor management, poor pay
Greet customers
Help with checking in
Supplement sales
Member inquiries
Great coworkers
Free Membership
Hard to sell supplements due to the demographic
Members complain about everything
Schedule are not set and posted in a timely manner
Great people to work with
Facility Technician (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks CaFebruary 5, 2015
I had a very fun and challenging job, with creative problem solving with minimal resources. I was challenged with the safety of the members and also the team. Providing a safe place to work and to work out.
Too much of an corperate pushed managerial approach, rather than employee happiness and customer service
Personal Trainer/sports Enhancement Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FlFebruary 3, 2015
Typical day at work involves designing and implementing exercise programs for clients of all ages and physical goals. Discussing certain fitness topics with other trainers and what can make the club better as a whole.
I oversaw 25 employees and ran the club for profit based off p&ls
Club Manager (Current Employee), TorranceJanuary 31, 2015
Oversee and provide leadership in Membership, Fitness, and Service departments of high-traffic health club. Keep facility and staff on track with strategic vision and consistently monitor all aspects of operations including financial, membership, and staffing and development. Deliver over $1.5M annually in Controlled Operating Profit (COP). CPR & AED Certified
It was ok while it lasted
Assistant Fitness Manager (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: somewhat great team environment depending on where you work.
Cons: terrible managers
Great place to work. Terrible place for advancement and plenty of unfair politics. Hopefully they have changed their ways. If you work there, be productive and make your money and move on. There is no job protection for people who speak up for desire to be management and want to escape a smaller gym for a big box gym. You will be seen as a threat and managed out. Take whatever craziness that they give you and do not complain, remember it's a dictatorship. And ignore the harassment workshop that they give to all employees and managers. If you blow the whistle on discrepancies, you will not be protected.
Great place to work if you're wanting a free membership.
Service Lead (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free membership, fitness education
Cons: minimum wage, not much room for advancement
I was trained in all positions for this company. My favorite, though, was working the front desk. I got to know so many new people and had a great time learning about health and fitness.
Fun place to work while in school. People are great!
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORJanuary 27, 2015
I loved the flexibility I had with the company in my ability to go back to school, take time off for personal reasons (such as my body building competitions), and how quickly I advanced in my positions when I first started.
Out of touch upper management
Membership Counselor (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and members
Cons: lack of appreciation for employees, and unrealistic goals without proper tools.
I had a great club manager and co-workers, but a district manager who was out of touch with what was doing on or just didn't care. There was an employee who had been with this company for 17 years and they began to cut her hours, after she had given 17 years to this milti-million dollar company. At her 17 year mark the district manager came to the club and did not say one word to her, not even thanks for sticking with us for so long or great job for the last 17 years. The bottom line was he just wanted us too sell, sell, without providing us with the proper tools to do so. When given ideas on how too increase traffic flow into the club we would be told that everything had to be ran through corporate, which in many cases just meant shut up and sell. How can any business large or small expect employees too preform or do a good job without providing the tools to be successful. It is a multi-million dollar company that lacks leadership and upper management who is out of touch with what is going on in there area of responsibility.
cool people and great management.
Assistant Membership Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun atmospher
Cons: tons and tons of calling
my overall experience at 24 was fine. the only thing that i wasnt a fan of was all of the required calls and constant harrassment of potential members.
fun place
Membership Counselor (Current Employee), Boulder, ColoradoJanuary 25, 2015
fun place but management is poor. The current club manager has no idea how to lead and improve the club. Has created many issues and separated employees.
Same as before, that's why I went back
Kid's Club Attendant (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 25, 2015
My previous review explains my thoughts on 24 Hour Fitness.

I left for a year for family issues but I loved the place so much that I decided to return.
Wonderful Start
ASISTANT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Murphy, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free membership and wonderful customers
Cons: the turn over with employees
I started at 24 with the mind set to move up in the company, to learn how to be a good manager, and give the best customer service. I have accomplished just what I wanted to do. I have learned that everyone managed differently and employees learn differently, and that its ok has long has we are working together to achieve the same goal. I learn new things daily and I teach my employee's how to do my job so they can also move up within the company. The hardest part of my job are the people that do not want to work and make the job harder for the rest of the employees.
There are pros and cons. Overall a good place to work.
Personal Trainer III (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2015
> Head into work, train clients and try to sell training packets.
> Co-workers are very friendly and very approachable.
> Hardest part: Trying to focus on training, but being pressured to make sales.
> Helping clients reach their fitness goals. Helping clients to live healthier lives through fitness.
Productive, challenging work environment.
MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2015
I learned how to manage and further motivate myself. As the position was not commission-based, I learned to establish genuine, fun connections with our customers and members to help not only generate business, but promote a positive environment in the gym.
I loved about 24 Hour Fitness days were never the same hectic. Loved it.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great environment, free membership
Cons: turn over in upper management
Arrive at 8:00 am followed up with Front Desk, Kids Club and Group X Departments, walked the facility with Facility Tech discussed what was needed for the day. Checked targets for the day communicated to team members what we needed for our daily targets. Check and stock supplies. Checked payroll, scheduling, emails, Worked front desk and kids club, Member services, Help guests purchase memberships and fitness. Did daily banking. Ordered all supplies in facility. Helped make our daily targets. Team player for all departments. Most of all 100% Customer Service.
Most of my Team had been with me 5+ years(no turn over)
The job wasn't hard, the things they asked from us were difficult.
I enjoy helping people.
fun place to work
Maintance Tech (Former Employee), Houston TXJanuary 22, 2015
Enjoyed getting the job done. meeting new people. great experience daily PM work

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation – Read more

24 Hour Fitness Salaries

$10.50 per hour
Customer Service Representative
$20,000 per year

24 Hour Fitness Photos

Employee Appreciation gathering with Club, Region, and State Managers from San Diego, California.
3x Employee Of The Month