24 Hour Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Great job, very challenging, fast paced
Lead Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2015
This job has been a life changer for me. It taught me so many skills that I use daily and helped me outside of work. You have to master multi-tasking, and be a jack of all trades. It will push you past your comfort zone, but in a good way.
Pros
great environment, good pay, great schedule and benefits.
Cons
Little room for advancement, poor management
Tough work environment.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 3, 2016
As a sales adviser you'll be ask to do a lot for very little pay. The hours can be extremely long, and the commission is almost impossible to get with such long hours. The potential for growth is legitimate if you're willing to suffer through the tougher days.
Gym Rat Salesman
SALES (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 6, 2016
If you love the gym culture, people, and sales then a sales rep at 24 Hour Fitness would be a great fit for you. Great benefits, culture, and also don't forget the free access to the gym! Every club is different; I knew most of the people that worked daily at the club I used to work out at so it was a pretty fun experience. Also, my co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Great place
Membership Counselor/Service Rep/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXJanuary 5, 2016
24 hr fitness is a bright place for fitness enthusiasts. Meeting new people daily, sharing fitness goals and training methods, discussion of growth/results.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
not much advancements in career
It's ok
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  coloradoAugust 8, 2015
This is an overall good place of employment. The upper management in most stores is the problem if i had to pick one. They do not have consistency most times at this position. They either transfer all the time or just have very different management styles. I am all for everyone having there on style but it should be consistent with the rules and policies. The money is descent and it takes a long time to get benefits unless you are a manager.
Pros
free membership and good work environment
Great place to get experience and work with motivated personnel.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 4, 2016
Constantly being challenged to better myself and my team was always very entertaining to me. It makes the workplace fun and enjoyable. Moral is always high when you have a great management team in place.
Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 12, 2016
Great coworkers and management, however compensation isn't the best. You have to beat a pretty tough threshold in order to make a commission which is probably the only con of the job. Other than that there are great benefits such as a free membership to any location.
poor management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 20, 2016
do not value staff members at all. Low pay and view workers as expendable. Management at the club level is also not respected. Company is not really interested in members health......only the bottom line of selling memberships.
Pros
gym environment
Cons
do not value staff members
Great Place to work
Membership Salesman (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2016
Fun high energy environment. You give tours to prospective members and show them different membership plans. You also can show members simple workout tips on how to use the weight lifting machines.
Pros
Free Gyn Membership
Cons
It doesn't pay very well
Awesome Experience
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 18, 2016
I absolutely love working for 24 hour fitness. the company is just awesome. they provide so many opportunities to advance in your career with them. all of the club managers are very friendly and helpful to all your needs while teaching.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no health benefits for part time employees
High Turnover, Pour Managment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 7, 2016
Both 24 Hour finesses in Reno NV are a far cry from the rest of 24 Hour Fitness in other regions. Both are extremely out dated and poorly managed. Manaagement is focused on themselves and not team members or growth for the company
Productive and fun workplace.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2016
Teamwork centered environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and talking with new people everyday. Great co workers apart of your team. Everything is fast paced. Not much opportunity for advancement though.
rip off
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 9, 2016
24 hour fitness rips off their loyal customers for lots of their hard earned money they have hidden fees that are in the contract but aren't told about to the customers upfront.
Cons
doesn't tell their cusotmers their gonna take money out of their accounts.
Very fun place to work, great people
Assistant fitness manager 3 (Current Employee) –  Castle hillsJuly 28, 2016
24 hour fitness has been a great place to work at. I have enjoyed training here and have been blessed to meet the employees and client I have run across in the 2 years I have worked at this company.
Pros
Great members
Cons
Pay
Great energy and team!
Sales Associate, Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2016
Great vibes, happy clients, open all day! If you love to work out it's a great job. Good career job and part time if your in school.
Friendly and helpful environment.
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Murphy, TXAugust 4, 2016
Numerous duties throughout the day such as schedule organization, setting direction for others to ensure everyone is on task as well as many other daily operations.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 7, 2016
As long as you do your job, 24 hour fitness is a great place to work. Everyone there is friendly and willing to help out.
The hardest thing about working at 24 hour fitness is getting Leads and making phone calls since the gym is a very small gym compared to other gyms. But besides that, the gym is a great enviroment to work in.
Upbeat and high energy work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 27, 2016
I love my job at 24 Hour Fitness. Wonderful staff to work with. Member relations is my favorite aspect. The hardest part of my job is the hours but at the end of the day I usually go home thinking it was well worth it. Looking for a better work/life balance.
Good for short term work experience but nothing else
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2016
High turn over in management and in PT, managers rarely show up to work. club managers only work when district managers come in.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
managers lie, locker rooms are disgusting, lots of equipment broken
Front Desk Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2016
I have loved my two years at 24 Hour Fitness. I have built such a great relationships with each of my coworkers and even so many of the members that I see almost every day. I have learned so many things and skills from this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24 Hour Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.