24Hr HomeCare Employee Reviews

Good job for part-time
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
Hours are based on client need and how many hours allotted by assigned regional center. Very flexible hours and easy to submit time sheets to administration staff. Quick turnaround time on processing time sheets for payment.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Low pay
Alot of work if you want it
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Encino, CASeptember 10, 2017
At the time when I was working here, the office always seemed over whelmed. not enough employees to handle to work load this also meant scheduling and miscommunications which sometimes effected patient care.
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245September 5, 2017
Not a bad work environment. Very friendly. Thought it would be flexible but not according to what was promised. Some days would be slow then it would stack up on certain hours of the day. They would bring lunch or breakfast at least every two weeks which was nice.
typical day.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Encino, CA 91316August 29, 2017
Your contact wth the office is minimal, you get a text of assignments and call in, if you get the assignment, you will get an email with client pertinent data. Go to client, perform your duties in a friendly competent manner. If everything works out, they may become a regular client. If you have doubts during your shift, there is always a way to contact the office for guidence for situations that are unforseen. There are many managers and there is not one particular person assigned to you, so make sure you call again to follow thru. You may have more than one client a day or not.
With change in personnel, change in level of customer service
Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 5, 2017
The company has changed considerably since I started working there. There has been a major turnover in management and personnel. I receive complaints from new and existing Clients regarding communication with the office and regarding other, newly hired caregivers that are not fit for the work or have poor attitudes.
Pros
Flexibility in choosing work
Cons
Low pay
Caregivers Not Valued
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2017
They pay caregivers less than half of what they charge the client. Offered benefits I never saw. They decreased wages thru course of employment. Caregivers are not appreciated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low wages
Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2017
Typical day at work would be simple, but the thing about 24hr homecare is you don't work everyday. Most times its only for 2 hours and you only need to help someone shower, transportation or just commpanionship. A typical 12 hour shift is at night so you just stay awake and help them to restroom or if its during the day then its a usual case of they need help with everything or just want companionship.
What I learned Is to be more patient and be more caring towards others. I have learned new tricks to use for my future jobs.
My manager was my favorite out of all the places I have worked.
The hardest part of my job was watching my clients be helpless and it warmed my heart when I was the one able to help him/her get better or comfortable for the future.
My most enjoyable part of my job is talking to my patients and talking to them so they ae happy because nobody deserves to be sad. I also enjoyed helping people get done what they needed done that they couldn't do.
Good & fun place everyone is so cheerful their
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 31, 2017
Working for 24hr home care has brought in different children with disabilities into my life. I have learned sign language & how to talk to austic children
Pros
We got perks & 401k
Cons
No paid day off
Caring
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 10, 2017
a place to find those who care and want to help those who are in need of daily or end of life care. offers great assistance in finding the right companion with elder and people in need.
Great Company to work for!!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Overall its a great company to work for! Especially if you have a car. You dont need to own a car in order to work for them, they will provide an UBER (if need be) but if you do its a great asset for the company!!
Pros
Learn something new with each client and get very personable with the families
Cons
Lunch breaks varies depending on clients schedule
Very fun work place
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 15, 2016
Working at 24Hr homecare has been very rewarding, I enjoy working with my clients that I am assigned to daily. I also enjoyed working with the staff in the office.
Very supportive group
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 20, 2015
I was sent on different assignments, some for shorter periods of time, some long term. The office crew was really supportive, and I have nothing but good words for them.
I found it really easy to communicate with everyone at the office, and at one instance, when a client had a dog that wasn't friendly and it bit me, the manager took it seriously and really made me feel secure and heard.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the privilege to help people, and I was really lucky as my clients were remarkable individuals.
Hardest assignment I had was a night shift.
Pros
Great team to work with, ability to make a difference in someone's life
Cons
Relatively low compensation
Good place to get your career started
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  CAMarch 13, 2015
24Hr HomeCare is a great place to work.
There is a sense of community within the company which is great for anyone that is starting their career in sales or human resources.
There is a streamline for promotion within the company along the Sales and Office Operations side.
Pros
Open Door Policy, Coffee on Fridays, Full Fridge, group happy hours, you get your birthday off
Cons
Long hours, High Stress Environment, required to work weekends approx 1 time a month.
Very Flexible Hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Encino, CADecember 28, 2014
24hr HomeCare is a caring company that works very well with your schedule with many available shifts. Shifts are more available the closer to massive metropolitan areas you get. They reward hard work and have a positive vibe at all times.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Hard to keep a steady schedule
Fast Paced Work Environment with Room for Growth
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Encino, CaliforniaNovember 23, 2014
A typical day at 24Hr HomeCare consists of providing the most excellent level of service to both clients and caregivers by providing non-medical services to the elderly or those in need. The internal employees and upper management are friendly and willing to go the extra mile for anyone who calls. At 24Hr HomeCare, I have learned everything from screening, hiring, and managing external employees to selling the elderly or those in need on services, all about managing billing and payroll, and reporting to management. I have also learned to delegate tasks to internal employees, and provide excellent customer service to ensure client satisfaction. In my opinion, the most difficult part of the job is the fact that each employee is expected to manage multiple things at once, grow the business, keep both employees and clients happy,be detail oriented, and get out at a decent hour. The company motto is to "care and compete like a champion today to achieve success tomorrow," and this motto holds true. The most enjoyable part of working at 24Hr HomeCare is the positive and fun workplace that it has to offer.
Pros
Free lunches, room for advancement, excellent training program
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Travel and flexible hours.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAOctober 30, 2014
Typical day consists of assisting people in their home. Management and other staff are helpful. The best part is being able to assist people to remain in their home safely.
caregiver, can choose your own schedule
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Encino, CASeptember 24, 2014
get weekly assignments and go to patients house and provide care that the patient needs. we have no coworker at the house but the people that give your sceduling are polite and kind. the job isn't hard but it can be a lot of down time.
Pros
nice patients, polite workers, flexibility
Cons
unstable scheduling, alright pay
You Meet All Kinds Of Characters
Caregiver/LVN (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJuly 25, 2014
Provided assistance with clients with variety of health diagnosis. Hardest part of job was letting of a lot of amazing people due to hospice. Definitely helped very memorable and loving people of all ages.
Great Place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAJune 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the patients i helped
Pros
Nice Staff
Cons
Pay is to smal
Great place to learn
Account Manager/Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2014
Good place to start a career. Learn a lot about all aspects of business. Very enterprise rent a car-like

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 24Hr HomeCare. Our community is ready to answer.