2K Games

2K Games United States Employee Reviews

Fun and challenging
Administrative Office/Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Novato, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: many perks; met awesome people
Cons: tasking being on-call 24/7
Everyday was different and complexed. Gained a lot of experience in regards to facilities and construction project management. Being on-call 24/7 was tasking and challenging at times. Gained a lot of friends & extended family members.
Test bugs
QA Tester (Former Employee), Northridge CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: had pot locks on fridays
Cons: short job
I come in grab a build then start play testing on the project that I am working on then find bugs on the area I am in then report and crash to my leads. Then if found any right then up or check if they are not in the system already. I learned that you have to quick and on top of your game in the QA be fast and quick. My management where good people had no problems with them every time I asked a question I get it back quick. Co-workers where enthusiastic, fun, smart, and joyful, love working in that environment.
Video Games
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Novato, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: you get to play games all day
Cons: gaming doesnt feel like fun anymore
Typical day is to play video games and write up reports about bugs found in game.
Ok job, Ok company
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Nothing special, night shift, decent team. High turn over rate, it's definitely a temporary type of job.
Cutting edge, professional environment (with ping pong table)
TECH CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Novato, CAJune 4, 2013
2K Games continually stayed current with the trends in technology infrastructure and industry practices. Working for a studio of over 300 on site employees for over four years taught me the skills necessary to work in a fast paced, professional environment with consistently changing needs and requirements. The projects that were required to keep our studio at the cutting edge of business were always changing. A typical day would certainly include tackling dozens of help desk tickets that either halted or impacted the work flow for artists, engineers, marketers and management, setting up hardware for new hires, and working on long term projects such as upgrading our asset tracking system or adding UPS battery backup units to all employees work stations.
Too many teeeesters...
QA Compliance (Former Employee), CAApril 25, 2013
Since I remained at the company for 2 years and a few months, I witnessed the complete overhaul of upper management and the move from Westlake Village to Northridge. Both facilities were good, but there was a time when they had packed too many testers onto the test floor in the Northridge facility. This led to sharing computers, cramped spaces, and sometimes loss of personal belongings, which led to extremely unhappy testers, and a bad work environment. Testers were told to care more about quantity over quality of bugs, which I believe forced the testers to write up anything they could, clogging the database with useless bugs (dupe, by design, NAB, WNF) and angering the developers. Management was then blinded by bug counts, and this allowed a tester with less skill to move up the rankings quicker than a tester who paid attention to detail.
My office was not indicative of the whole organization
Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2012
I worked in a small division of 2k and I didnt feel it was managed as well as it should have been. However, my experience with the overall organization was good. The division I worked in closed a few months after I left.