2K Games Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable early job
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 30, 2015
My typical day would involve getting into work, grabbing some type of liquid energy and taking a seat at my desk. I'd then test various games, review open bugs and find new bugs through out the day. I'd get to chat with some of the people near by and eventually got to sit with my friends and joke around with them. Eventually some of the games would be closed for testing and we'd have to test different games for overtime. Finally when that was complete we'd shuffle off, tired and bored back to our homes.

I learned to develop my critical eye for error, communication and writing skills and how to think outside of the box. I had to break the game and that meant to play it in odd and strange ways that don't fit my play style.

Managment felt just right. They weren't over bearing like some companies, but they were always around to help or correct you. They were knowledgeable in their craft and knew how to put you in the right direction.

The coworkers were fun and energetic. They knew the job itself was boring, so they tried to have fun with it. They would challenge each other on finding bugs or just playing the game. They would joke and make the overall experience fun. They were by far the best reason for going to work. you wanted to catch up and enjoy their company. they were friendly, helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was staying awake. The games you play were generally boring and made for a younger audiance, however some of the games were actually big hits. Either way you'd play these games for weeks and months on end. It gets boring and you get tired.
  more...

The best part of the job was the people. Every one there loves video games and wants to see a bright future for games and gamers. It's easy to make friends and connections. Also, at the end of the day, you are playing games. It's not the funnest way to play, but you could be working as a cashier instead.
Pros
Friendly work enviornment, nice office, casual enviornment, well managed
Cons
Required overtime, had quota to fill, boring
Fun, gaming work environment!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2014
A typical day at work compares to a typical day in the life of a hardcore gamer. This company is really good at providing the best products to their wide fan-base of loyal games. The management team is wonderful and helpful.
Fun and challenging
Administrative Office/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Everyday was different and complexed. Gained a lot of experience in regards to facilities and construction project management. Being on-call 24/7 was tasking and challenging at times. Gained a lot of friends & extended family members.
Pros
many perks; met awesome people
Cons
tasking being on-call 24/7
Test bugs
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Northridge CAJanuary 22, 2014
I come in grab a build then start play testing on the project that I am working on then find bugs on the area I am in then report and crash to my leads. Then if found any right then up or check if they are not in the system already. I learned that you have to quick and on top of your game in the QA be fast and quick. My management where good people had no problems with them every time I asked a question I get it back quick. Co-workers where enthusiastic, fun, smart, and joyful, love working in that environment.
Pros
had pot locks on fridays
Cons
short job
Video Games
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Typical day is to play video games and write up reports about bugs found in game.
Pros
you get to play games all day
Cons
gaming doesnt feel like fun anymore
Ok job, Ok company
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Nothing special, night shift, decent team. High turn over rate, it's definitely a temporary type of job.
Cutting edge, professional environment (with ping pong table)
TECH CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAJune 4, 2013
2K Games continually stayed current with the trends in technology infrastructure and industry practices. Working for a studio of over 300 on site employees for over four years taught me the skills necessary to work in a fast paced, professional environment with consistently changing needs and requirements. The projects that were required to keep our studio at the cutting edge of business were always changing. A typical day would certainly include tackling dozens of help desk tickets that either halted or impacted the work flow for artists, engineers, marketers and management, setting up hardware for new hires, and working on long term projects such as upgrading our asset tracking system or adding UPS battery backup units to all employees work stations.
Too many teeeesters...
QA Compliance (Former Employee) –  CAApril 25, 2013
Since I remained at the company for 2 years and a few months, I witnessed the complete overhaul of upper management and the move from Westlake Village to Northridge. Both facilities were good, but there was a time when they had packed too many testers onto the test floor in the Northridge facility. This led to sharing computers, cramped spaces, and sometimes loss of personal belongings, which led to extremely unhappy testers, and a bad work environment. Testers were told to care more about quantity over quality of bugs, which I believe forced the testers to write up anything they could, clogging the database with useless bugs (dupe, by design, NAB, WNF) and angering the developers. Management was then blinded by bug counts, and this allowed a tester with less skill to move up the rankings quicker than a tester who paid attention to detail.
My office was not indicative of the whole organization
Senior Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2012
I worked in a small division of 2k and I didnt feel it was managed as well as it should have been. However, my experience with the overall organization was good. The division I worked in closed a few months after I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 2K Games. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3