Director of IT E-Commerce
The IT Director provides leadership to the IT Team, and is responsible for ensuring operation of the IT Team in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
This individual will plan, direct, and design the strategic direction of the organization as it relates to IT; oversee the building and maintenance of e-commerce platforms; ensure the efficient and stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT Team.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with other departments and contractors to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Director must have a strategic view of the business and an ability and willingness to get involved in tactical execution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to)
- Lead IT Team operational and strategic planning, including; fostering innovation, project planning, and negotiating the allocation of resources and infrastructure capacity.
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Oversee reporting and Business Intelligence relating to e-commerce.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Manage and set priorities for the development, monitoring, and support of all IT infrastructure
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT e-commerce infrastructure and IT systems.
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on company needs.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, service provision and maintenance schedules.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Oversee the inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors
- Manage development of e-commerce systems, with an emphasis on infrastructure, technology solutions, new initiatives and order management
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Work with designers and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations.
- Oversee development, distribution, and implementation for modified and new systems or applications.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of ecommerce infrastructure and order management
Desired Skills and Experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Previous experience working for a direct-to-consumer e-commerce retailer
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows Server; Windows XP; Windows 7.x
- Strong technical knowledge of current server and web-based protocols and standards including HTTP; SMTP; IMAP; IIS; ASP.NET; SQL
- Extensive experience in application support
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
- Project Management experience
- Experience with selection, purchase and implementation of off the shelf software
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
First and foremost the ideal candidate for this job will have a thorough knowledge and passion for the game. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment that believes in Team and a Company that believes in working hard but having a healthy balance in life.
- Proven leadership abilities – able to inspire others and clearly articulate goals and objective
- Entrepreneurial attitude; highly self-motivated and directed
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong principles in project management
- Ability to direct and/or conduct research related to IT issues and products
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Proven decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to build relationships up, down, and across the organization
If you meet the above qualifications, and are interested in working for a growing company with an outstanding corporate culture and work environment, please submit your cover letter along with resume and SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard