2nd Wind Exercise Equipment

2nd Wind Exercise Equipment Employee Reviews

DON'T WORK FOR 2nd WIND!!!!!
Fitness Expert (Former Employee), PhoenixJanuary 3, 2015
Cons: low base pay, long hours, no overtime, lucky if you get a lunch break.
When I was interviewed I was misled what the job really entailed. The money last as salary is grossly incorrect. My base pay was not enough to meet my financial obligations. All employees are salaried do there is no overtime. The company makes you feel like you need to be at the store ask the time, when your shift ends they make you feel like you can't leave. In addition the company will make you work over 40 hours a week making you feel guilty if your don't come into work on your days off. You'll be lucky if you get a lunch break let alone two paid 15 minute breaks as mandated by law.

DON'T WORK FOR 2nd WIND!!!!!
Could be much more enjoyable if there was a more set daily schedule
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee), Columbia, MOApril 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, helping others, freedom to make good deals for customers
Cons: unorganized and unprofessional manager, slow customer traffic
This job is a very intriguing job, with a promise for a great yearly income and a fun work place environment. I feel as though this could be true if the company would put out more efforts in advertising and marketing. I feel that they should do more work in training the managers before they hire them to be a manager. The manager at my store was very unprofessional, and would not tell me what my hours for the next day were until the night before or the morning of. This makes it very difficult to plan anything outside of work. I have however learned a lot about how to be an effective sales person and I really enjoy helping people find the best products for them. My typical day usually consists of making sure all the machines are clean and working properly. I also make follow up calls with potential customers and with customers who have purchased something from the store to see how it is working for them. The most enjoyable part of this job would be helping others find a machine that is going to help them meet their fitness goals. I like seeing customers leave the store happy with their purchase.
Fun place to work with relaxing Enviroment
Sals (Current Employee), Omaha, neNovember 7, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: learning all the machines
Everyone is helpful, you work with customers and help them find the right piece of equipment. You design your own schedule and the pay is quite nice.
Terrible "Cut-Throat" SALES Environment
Manager (Current Employee), Will not DiscloseOctober 30, 2013
Pros: working anytime when upper management was not around.
Cons: worthless upper management, constantly have your job threatened, constant battleground
Do not let the corporate reviews deceive you! You will never make the money they claim, not even close! Very shady, dishonest upper management who treats you like you're scum. Very "used car" sales environment! Commission system is based on hitting the IMPOSSIBLE goals they set for you. 50hr. work weeks on salary so NO chance of any overtime and you are expected to work.
Long hours, deceitful selling
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee), MNOctober 10, 2013
Pros: fitness equipment
Cons: hours, pay, benefits
45-80k... not likely... base is 21k + commissions which are decent however, sales are not good april-sept... One day off per week, weekends required (if not, you would not hit your near impossible "goal"). They require 100% devotion so do not plan on doing any personal training on the side or having much outside of 2nd wind. They will not listen to an employees concerns, they will simply let you go.
Not for everyone.
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee), Clive, IAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: mandatory weekends, 6 day work weeks, lots of down time.
Be ready to sacrifice everything for this job. Say good-bye to your weekends...it is mandatory that you work both Saturdays and Sundays. You get one day off during the week. It pays well but if you don't meet the sales goals they set for you, say good-bye.
Work becomes fun when selling fitness at 2nd Wind
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee), St. Louis Park, MNFebruary 11, 2013
If you are passionate about fitness and enjoy working with people then 2nd Wind is the place to be. Everyone is very helpful and kind! I've been here almost a year and I still learn something new everyday!
Awesome Job
Store Manager (Current Employee), Clive, IAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: family atmosphere
There is a quote that goes, "Choose a job that you love and you will never have to work a day in your life". This is exactly how I feel about 2nd Wind. This is the best job that I have ever had.
Fun place to work for people who like to perform!
Manager of Sales Development (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 11, 2013
2nd Wind is a great place to build a career if you are a high performer. It is a fast paced get it done environment where your actions will always speak louder than your words.
If you enjoy selling exercise equipment this is the place!
District Manager (Current Employee), Saint Louis. MoFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: excellent environment, enjoyable place to work, if you enjoy a competitive environment with great recognition this is it
Cons: none if you enjoy sales.
This company has a culture of teamwork, recognition and strong leadership that starts from the top and continues throughout the company. It is an atmosphere that drives you to want to succeed. You are supplied all the tools you need to have a successful career regardless of the department you work in. All you need is the desire to do so.

About 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment

For over 20 years, it’s been our passion to offer exceptional products, incredible value and outstanding customer care. – Read more

2nd Wind Exercise Equipment Salaries

$14.00 per hour
Service Technician
$14.00 per hour

2nd Wind Exercise Equipment Photos

Another great commercial installation!
Recent commercial installation!
In-store POP always trying to keep it fun!