3 Step Collections Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Driver - Great Job
Field Representative - Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 17, 2017
I worked as a Field Representative (Driver) for nearly 2 years. The job is very enjoyable compared to many jobs. Helping people get their cable reconnected is always rewarding.

Of course this job isn't for everyone (you have to be able to take 'no'), but there are probably a lot of people who would enjoy it who might think otherwise. Customers are actually pretty friendly for the most part.

The pay is decent - certainly much better than minimum wage. You can take home $2,000 - $3,000 a month most months, though that might depend on what part of the country you work in.
Pros
Driving around, good customer base, good management
Cons
your trunk will be half full of cable boxes mid-way through the week
Productive working environment!!
Disco and collections. (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 15, 2017
I started about 3 months ago and I must say this is the best company I've worked for in a while as far as contractors. The staff is amazing from management to co workers. They are very helpful and if you are in need of anything they help you out no questions asked. Time off extra money for gas or anything they can help they do it. They work together to get answers or whatever the employee needs. They are a great team and I'm very happy that I get the chance to work with such wonderful people. Not just co workers but family. They treat you like family and especially if you travel out of town like I do they always make sure I have everything I need. They work hard for me and I work hard for them. The disconnect part is a piece of cake. The driving also and they pay you for gas. The sales rep you don't have to pitch anything just give them the right options and they will chose. It's a easy fun job and I enjoy working for them.

Midland- Genevive
Pros
Awesome work environment, great pay and benefits.
Cons
No company is perfect.
A temporary job
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJune 26, 2017
They dont care about empolyees only if you collect money for them it was 11.50 but there numbers drop because no one wants to pay comcast for over chargering them so the pay drop to 9.00 hr if you do take the job still look for another this should only be for temporarily
Fun work environment, and everyone is super friendly in the office.
Cable Disconnect Tech (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 2, 2017
Day goes by quickly and you're always on the go. Management is all very nice and understanding when it comes to life outside of work. Hardest part of the job is being able to sales pitch in order to get the money collection. Easy part is driving around and doing available disconnects.
Pros
Good work environment, good management, fun work environment
Cons
Use of own vehicle, reimbusment for gas could be more, and need to be good with sales pitch
Great for Career Advancement
Training Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2017
I've worked for the company for over 2 years and counting. I started off as your average CSR and worked my way up. It's nice working for a company that promotes from within. Everyone on the management team started off "at the bottom" and worked their way up. The people are friendly and good natured. The company participates in activities to give back to the community like back to school drives and food donations. They also have employee engagement outings. Full benefits for full time employees. Even the option to travel to different areas to work. It's awesome to work for a family owned business where they actual care about the individuals and you're not just a number.
Pros
Full Benefits, Paid Vacation, Flex Days, Commission in addition to hourly pay, Team commission
Overall a great company
Field Collector (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2017
I worked for similar companies in the past and this is a good one for this field. The management is really hands off if you're doing your job. The only issues come from the nature of the job itself. You get a high degree of freedom on your day, but your check can depend quite a bit on luck of the draw. Recovering equipment and collecting payments are how you're going to get big checks. If you stick with it and change up your contact times every day, those slow weeks should be fairly rare, but they happen. Also, don't be afraid to talk to the management. They're great people and will work with you if you have issues. They realize every city is a bit different so the same rules don't work everywhere. Your base compensations for things like fuel can be negotiable if you have reason.
Pros
Personal freedom, pay
Cons
using your own vehicle, commission work
One of the few companies where you get paid for what you do
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVFebruary 26, 2017
I have been employed with 3 Step Collections since September 2016. It has been a wonderful company to work for: medical insurance, retirement, and management is very understanding if you have to miss work due to illness or family illness or just need a day off to handle personal business. The commission structure is very obtainable and you actually get paid for everything you do. While working as a field representative I make between $700 - $1000 weekly. The company provides fuel and cell phone reimbursement. I would recommend this job to anyone who is tired of working for hourly pay and not being able to advance. The more you work here, the more you get paid. It's that simple.
Pros
Understanding, flexible, great pay
I wouldn't do it again
Collections Specialist (field) (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 4, 2017
The people are nice and they e-mail and call you all day. You go into people's homes and take their cable equipment. There are biting dogs, roaches in the equipment that get into your car, and very rude people that tell you to get off their property and don't come back.
Cons
bad pay, wear and tear on car
Do not work here
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2017
I was in a car wreck and they let me go even though I had a doctors note the management team sucks everything down to the building makes you want to die this place should be reported several times to the bbb do not work here they suck
Pros
Hour lunch
Should be shut down
Collector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2016
Questionable and deceptive. Steal basically from people. Bad management. Treat employees like day care children.No cell phones while you're on the clock.
Cons
Nice Company to work for!!!
Field Collector (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLAugust 23, 2016
I am a Field Collector in the South Florida area and have been working there for almost two years. Very good company with plenty of work if you are ready to work and make money. Management as well as the owners of the company are very hands on and accessible all the time( Which is very nice and rare, meaning how often do you have contact with the Owners of any company) Company also offers a nice benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision. The important thing about being successful with this kind of Collection work is to be self motivated as well as being able to work with little supervision, meaning if you aren't a go getter then you might not be a good fit. On the flip side if you are Hungry to work and strive to be successful you would be a great fit and I'd recommend giving it a try. As with any job if you are new to this line of work their is a learning curve so be patient and be open to learning and you will thank me later.
Pros
The more you work the more you make. Write your own Paycheck.
Cons
Being in South Florida it is quite Hot outside....
Work is what you make it, won't find a more supportive management team
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2016
This company has a lot of bad reviews...but I will say...i have also worked side by side with some not so great people. It is a typical call center. You will get what you put into it. There are some of us who make high numbers every month and we show up every month to do our best. Our management team is very supportive and they will do whatever they can to make us all better. Customer service, attendance and production are all important. If you don't care, you will not be successful. If you care, you can do well.
Pros
Potential growth, hard work is rewarded, 40 hour work week
Cons
Cubicle size, policy changes
Don't do it
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 6, 2016
Its all a joke. They don't care about you. You not going to make commission. You will receive little training. They will complain about every mistake is made. They will write you up for everything. They will find any reason to fire people. It's no positive review about this job. They lie and say $10 an hour. No it's will be $8.34. Don't argue with them. If you want part-time. No part time.
Worst company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 22, 2016
I was fired because they said my work performance wasn't good mind you I had only been working for them for five days (training) ... I hadn't even taken a call (call center job)... I was also told my appearance .... Um what about my appearance .... I couldn't even get a good explanation of my questions to why I was being fired.... I was told I wouldn't get one either just I was being let go.... I was early to work everyday never late from
Breaks ... This company is some bull... The hr head is rude and nasty... I wouldn't recommend this job to any one
Terrible place. Don't tell you the full job reaponsibilities
Flyer Distributor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
I was hired and told I would be putting flyers on doors if customers were nor home. It turns out the position was to knock on the door, attempt to get them to immediately contact the call center and pay the bill or make payment arrangements. They were not forth coming and didn't really tell me what the requirements of the job were. If I would have known the truth, I never would have accepted the position.
Pros
Cons
Many
coworker were nice
Collections Clerk Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 27, 2016
coworkers were nice and easy to get along with, communication, compensation could have been a lot better along with benefits
Not worth it!
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2016
Super stressful there is no motivation at all rules get changed constantly, if you're dying and can't come in you get points even with doctor's notes
Pros
Lunch
Benefits Available-Advancement
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 4, 2016
I love working at 3 Step Collections. I have a chance to increase my pay, while also making my hourly rate. I like the management staff too. We are getting health care, which I could not be more thrilled for. However, I do feel that I am "stuck" in my position. Now, it could be too early to tell and whg would I wanna give up my commission?? But, I would eventually like to like to move up and establish 3 Stel as my career base. I also feel that it is too easy to be written up here. They call them "coachings" but every employee has been written up at some point or another. That makes me feel a little weary sometimes. Like I am doing something wrong.
Pros
Hour lunches, flexible management
Cons
Write ups
Waste of time
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Do not work here if you actually have bills to pay. This is a part-time job with full-time hours. The pay is TERRIBLE. I worked there for almost 6 months and NEVER made commission. The management team SUCKS. The rules are stupid. They fire people for the simplest things. The coworkers were great. They don't recognize the right employees. You go through a lot for the little bit of money you are earning. They show favoritism to certain people and allow them to make their own rules. The owners were pretty nice. There was one girl there who tattles on EVERYTHING and LOVES to get people in trouble and exaggerates any mistakes that you make. You have to pay for your own drug test & background check.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Mandatory team meetings on day off, management sucks, favoritism shown to select few employees, horrible pay
Don't do it.
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 29, 2015
It's all a joke. Upper management feels they are superior while making the callers feel like peasants. They don't motivate you to collect. You're just another body in a chair to them. The base pay is different for everyone. The commission goals are somewhat unachievable and they are always trying to find a way to take your payments from you. They don't rightfully pay you the commission you deserve for the amount of money you make for them. These people are filthy rich and only pays their employees crumbs! The retention rate sucks! It's a bootleg company overall!. Run! Don't apply! Just run away! Keep going! You cannot survive off working at this job especially if commission is no guarantee. They should be ashamed paying their employees different pay and they don't even base it off experience either! They pick and choose who they wanna pay what to! RUN! DO NOT APPLY! RUNNNNNN!
Pros
Cons
everything