We have a short term freelance contract opportunity for a Senior UX Designer with Responsive Design Experience. This initial design phase is to kick off a project to eventually get a portion of the site to full Responsive Design on multiple platforms and eventually a migration of the site to a new CMS platform.
The goal is to take an existing corporate web site and optimize the user experience for various platforms (smart phones, tablets, laptops, desktops,...)
- Breakpoints determination based on client user data
- Wireframes, mockups
- Documentation of creative guidelines for overall sites
- Interaction with Product Manager and Software Architect.
This is a project is projected for 3 weeks for the Usability Design portion, on a subset of the site to prove the concept that can lead to the entire site redesign. This will most likely require a few workshops/ meetings in Austin and then the rest of the work can be done remotely.
If you are a good fit and are interested, please send us your resume, or link to previous work and rates. Corporate experience preferred. We look forward to hearing from you.
Senior UX Designer
Summary of Qualifications:
- Create holistic design solutions that drive business goals, brand vision, and customer satisfaction
- Mobile and Tablet design experience across multiple formats
- Working knowledge and experience with implementation of Responsive Design solutions
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Augment and enhance existing flows and UI components
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user centered design process
- Validate design assumptions through qualitative user testing
- Work with web developers and engineers to deliver the final product
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a key member of a design team participating in the product development lifecycle for web and/or mobile applications
- 7+ years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (including user research, product management, marketing, and engineering)
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Ability to create lo and hi-fidelity wire frames, prototypes, and screen flows using common tools (Adobe Creative Suite, hand-coded HTML, OmniGraffle, etc.) to gather customer insight and validation
- Experience presenting cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience (including business, product and technology teams)
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast- paced environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Visual Communications, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent work experience.
36 Blocks is an Austin, TX based software service company focused on high quality, flexible solutions, efficiency, transparency and shared client goals. We develop web based customized software solutions and web applications including database solutions and client/ server applications as well as integration with commercial off the shelf software.