Converged Networks Engineer
3435 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2295
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Job Title: Converged Networks Engineer No. of Positions 1
3GC Group is an award winning, innovative (on the CRN Nextgen 250 list) technology solutions provider offering Mobility, VoIP, Video Conferencing, IP Telephony, network security and managed IT services to middle and large global enterprise businesses. We specialize in leading edge and exciting converged networks technologies. Because your success is our success, our company emphasizes the importance of establishing and maintaining the highest quality of relationships with our partners, clients, and most importantly our employees. We stand by our commitment to promotions from within and focus on employee development as well as ongoing training and education
The Converged Networks Engineer is responsible for:
- Provide Design, install, administration, maintenance and support (remote and on site) for mid to large enterprise clients to include:
o Windows Server products to support Unified Communications
o Ethernet equipment support for voice and data deployments
o Routers for multi-site deployments and WAN configurations
o Firewalls and VPN deployments
o Wireless LAN equipment
o IP telephone systems
- Provide IT support for internal customer equipment and users
- Collaborate with Project and Service teams on projects and operation procedures
- Monitor and analyze data network traffic and network activity to ensure optimal network operation
- Work with customers both remotely and onsite to provide IT support for Microsoft operating environments for servers and desktops
- Learn to use Connectwise PSA and Nagios monitoring software
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or a related field. Additional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up two years.
- Equivalent to 3-5 years of full-time, progressively responsible experience in network architecture, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance with a variety of converged network projects including VoIP, IP Telephony and IP Video.
- Strong client interfacing communication skills
- Strong documentation and task/project planning skills.
- Experience building networks for VOIP with full understanding of VoIP architecture, thorough knowledge of data network architecture, principles, devices, characteristics, protocols, LAN/WAN interconnectivity, VLANS, subnetting, DNS, and DHCP.
- Prior experience working for a Managed Service company is a plus
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange setup and email troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft Lync and Sharepoint is a plus
- Demonstrated experience using Packet capture tools such as wireshark .
- Experience with Windows Server operating system. Linux a plus.
- Experience with MAC and Apple OS’s
- Senior level experience with Cisco routers and switches, and network monitoring and management systems preferred . VLANS, QoS Certifications (CCNA, CCNE) is a plus
- Familiarity with Connectwise, TigerPaw, Autotask, PSA systems is a plus
- Experience in Network Security Platforms, ie; Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet
- Experience in Citrix and VDI is a plus
- Candidate must be able to work effectively in teams, maintain deadlines, determine priorities, work effectively under pressure, learn the operations of network software and hardware quickly and establish and maintain effective working relationships in a diverse community.
- Ability to research, learn, and apply solutions to problems in a dynamic environment through a number of resources
- Valid California driver’s license required. Project management experience and Familiarity with Microsoft Project is a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
Wage/Salary: Salary + Bonuses and Benefits DOE and Certifications
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be accepted and assigned to jobs and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications as protected by applicable state or local laws.
Indeed - 13 months ago
3GC Group prides itself on the level and diversity of our engineering team. We are certified and qualified with many different manufacturers...