Senior Converged Networks Engineer
3435 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2295
Los Angeles, CA 90010
5219 Ironshoe Dr.
San Jose, CA 95138
No. of Positions 1 NorCal (San Jose)
3GC Group is an award winning, innovative (on the CRN Nextgen 250 list) technology solutions provider offering Mobility, VoIP, Video Conferencing, IP Telephony, network security and managed IT services to middle and large global enterprise businesses. We specialize in leading edge and exciting converged networks technologies. Because your success is our success, our company emphasizes the importance of establishing and maintaining the highest quality of relationships with our partners, clients, and most importantly our employees. We stand by our commitment to promotions from within and focus on employee development as well as ongoing training and education.
3GC has a very fun and unique internet startup culture in an industry that typically follows a more top down management style. We focus on creative solutions utilizing the most innovative communications technologies in the market, and we need initiative taking go-getters who know enterprise PBX and infrastructure inside and out while allowing for out of the box thinking to help us grow our business. Our very flat management structure allows creative thinking around engineering issues and the flexibility and freedom to control projects. We provide flexible schedules and the ability to balance home life with work life around the most innovative virtual office/ work from home programs in the industry, pioneering what we call “virtual company culture”.
Is your current Engineering job burning you out?
- Sick of being micro-managed?
- Sick of being boxed into just one specialty?
- Sick of being just a number?
3GC’s engineering team is very different from a pure do-what-your-told environment. We focus on building and maintaining relationships with our clients while providing both a focus on detail and a clear understanding of overall infrastructure. We provide our clients with industry leading engineering service and support in a team environment.
But it does come with a set of challenges:
- Business understanding: the solutions we design for our clients require a deep understanding of both technology and business concepts to produce maximum results. At 3GC, you will be required to become a sales engineer, implementation engineer, and self -regulating manager while working with clients to understand their needs, designing solutions around those needs, and having the skills to implement them while keeping a careful eye on the business issues around providing engineering services and support.
- Go-getter mentality: 3GC offers a unique team environment with resources to support you, but at the end of the day, engineers assigned as leads on projects are fully accountable for the successful implementations and support we provide our clients. While no one expects any engineer to know everything, 3GC does expect engineers to work with the sales team towards goals and clients’ needs, ask questions, request additional resources where required and closely monitor schedules and budgets. Motivation and Initiative are key characteristics of 3GC’s engineering culture.
- Flat management: The A go-getter mentality is critical because of 3GC’s unique management style. In an industry where top down management is the norm (creating a do-as-you’re-told environment), 3GC’s unique, flat management style requires engineers who can manage projects and work with the sales & engineering team to control the flow of a project. Without that self-management capability, 3GC’s flat organization can sometimes feel overwhelming. The key to success at 3GC is to acknowledge that no one expects you to know everything, but it’s up to you to ask questions to ensure overall project success.
- Multi-tasking and time management: Though the engineering team as a whole acts as a support network for our client base, you will be assigned specific projects as the lead engineer that you will be accountable forfor which you will be held accountable. On a day to day basis, multi-tasking and project task prioritization will be your responsibility. You will not be micro-managed in your activities, so and diligence in time management can be a challenge. Your projects will determine what your focus will be during the day, week, month etcon a day-to-day basis. These administrative skills, the ability to organize and follow-through are critical for every project you, as engineers an engineer, will work on.
- Communication: Whether dealing with engineering & sales teams, technology partners, vendors or clients, the ability to communicate well is a critical requirement in: self management of projects, gaining a true understanding of client needs, ensuring proper expectation setting, knowledge transfer, delegating resources and training. With simultaneous projects, multiple moving parts and evolving priorities, proper communication is critical in the 3GC environment. These requirements can be summed up with three phrases: interpersonal skills, communication, and teamwork.
- Client Orientation: Being attentive & responsive to internal and external client needs and wants is a critical component of client satisfaction; a 3GC engineer needs to have a positive attitude, a willingness to listen to client issues with respect, and must work to resolve any issues the client may be having. In other words, a 3GC engineer needs to consistently stay in tune with the client’s needs and wants. This does not come easy for everyone, but is critical to the success of the 3GC’s client relationship and a key reason 3GC has a loyal client base.
- Rapid change: 3GC is a rapidly growing company with sales doubling every year. In this fast paced, rapid growth environment, change is not something that happens occasionally, it is a way of life! The ability to embrace change can be difficult for some, but the culture of 3GC not only embraces change, but it encourages innovative ideas leading to change stemming from all employees.
If you can work overcome these challenges, here’s what you will get by working with 3GC:
- 3GC will provide you the training and guidance to learn how to be a project manager, sales engineer and implementation engineer working on enterprise grade, global enterprise infrastructures in large implementation solutions
- 3GC will give you the opportunity to work on the latest and greatest networks and technologies
- 3GC will give you the opportunity to be creative, productive and self-managing in an environment free of micro-management
- 3GC will provide an environment where you will develop your project management, time management and communication skills
- 3GC provides time to work on personal engineering projects, and incorporate them into you schedules.
- 3GC provides support for continuing engineering training through certifications in a variety of cutting edge technologies.
- 3GC is a fast paced company and one of the fastest growing in the industry. As an engineer, you have the opportunity to not only enjoy life in the technology fast lane, but also have the opportunity to effect real change in the organization. 3GC encourages initiative, creative thinking, and ideas that continue to take the company to a higher level.
- As a 3GC engineer, you will be exposed to all facets of the organization. There are few companies where engineers get to see so many facets of the organization and truly experience the excitement of a fast growth company.
Here is what we are looking for. Qualified applicants must have
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in Computer Science or a related field. Additional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up two years.
- Equivalent to 5-8 years of full-time, progressively responsible experience in network architecture, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance with a variety of converged network projects including VoIP, IP Telephony and IP Video.
- ShoreTel Enterprise PBX Certification and experience preferred. ShoreTel Contact Center experience a plus.
- Senior level experience building networks for VOIP with full understanding of VoIP architecture, thorough knowledge of data network architecture, principles, devices, characteristics, protocols, LAN/WAN interconnectivity, VLANS, subnetting, DNS, and DHCP.
- Demonstrated experience using Packet capture tools such as wireshark .
- Experience with Windows Server operating system. Linux a plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with carriers to implement MPLS, PRI, SIP and data circuit installations.
- Candidate must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of CATEGORY 3 to 6 wiring.
- Candidate must have experience working with firewall and VPN technology. Juniper/Cisco preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively in teams, maintain deadlines, determine priorities, work effectively under pressure, learn the operations of network software and hardware quickly and establish and maintain effective working relationships in a diverse community.
- Valid California driver’s license required. Project management and managing experience is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Project a plus.
- MUST BE PASSIONATE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY!!!
Other desired qualifications:
- Positive outlook on life
- MUST have a sense of humor
- Looking to make a difference in the world
- Enjoy a challenging work environment with great opportunities for professional growth
- Be willing and able to assist with a variety of other duties that may arise
Start Date: ASAP
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be accepted and assigned to jobs and otherwise treated without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability, as well as other classifications as protected by applicable state or local laws.
Indeed - 7 months ago
3GC Group prides itself on the level and diversity of our engineering team. We are certified and qualified with many different manufacturers...