3M

3M Employer Reviews

Great Learning Experience
3M Intern (Former Employee), AustinMarch 30, 2015
Very intelligent from various academic backgrounds working together. They all shared the common quality of being helpful. Very professional atmosphere, yet relaxed in many ways.
This is one of the better corporations in the US and has a strong global prescence.
Operations Mgr. Project Mgr; Bus. development (Current Employee), Park Rapids, MN - St. Paul, MNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Support & Educational to develop resource to the company.
Cons: Very driven and demanding at times for completion regardless of hours required.
One of the best companies to work for bar none. The most enjoyable part is the people you get to work with on a very diverse international environment.
great people
CERTIFIED QUALITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Menomonie, WIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: rotating shifts
The pay was very good. I had great co-workers and miss them.. The benefits were very good and I miss them too. I was a quality technician and enjoyed my job.
Typical work Day
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Safety Lunches
Cons: none
My typical day at work was always a challenge, something we had to make changes to exceed expectation. I have learned that there is always a solution to resolve some of the complex day to day standard operation. I realize that without the support from my employees we are able to handle and manage our time.
The hardest part of my job is not good practice to make a comment without thinking about the whole picture, facts and details. What I enjoyed most was the challenges I was face with on a daily bases never a duel moment.
Productive fun work place
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
management is very poor!!! needs to treat the temp employees much better Richard Bias needs to be FIREDDDD!!!!! I Learned They don't take temp jobs serious as the take the employees who is hired directly
Corporate R&D at 3M
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNMarch 21, 2015
excellent environment for R&D
Innovation and flexibility for projects
mixed short-term and long-term programs
fully supported management
expert coworkers who are willing to share knowledge
Great Company to work for
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 19, 2015
A company to work for definitely.
With a professional culture around and great opportunities around to explore. And really nice management.
I felt we were just a number. There was no warm feeling.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 18, 2015
For the most part the job and family life balance was pretty normal. Within the last couple of years we were told when we could and could not use vacation. The benefits were very good! I felt my job security was safe. I thought I would retire from 3M, but my supervisor made it very difficult. I loved the people I worked with, but management was quick to assume the worst and never acknowledged for good or outstanding work. Unfortunately, it got to the point I had knots in my stomach when I had to go to work. It was time for a change! I want to work at a business where I am appreciated.
Good company
Website Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 18, 2015
Good company, good opportunities to learn. Multiple locations if you are interested in trying different parts of the country.
Simply best place to work and get exposed to various technology and knowledge building opportunity.
R&D Engineer (Former Employee), St. Paul. MNMarch 15, 2015
3M takes care of their employees. It was wonderful to be associated with many senior scientists and technologists. With many layers it was difficult for upward mobility.
Minnesota was al so very cold and had not much time to enjoy after working long days.
Production Team Member (Current Employee), Angleton, TXMarch 14, 2015
Good place to work. Lunch time is paid. Good job culture. Benefits are comparable to surrounding plants in our area. Have been employed at 3M since March 2013.
Great balance, supportive team.
Grouper Applications PC, Software Engineer (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTMarch 8, 2015
This is a great place to work at where you a part of a team that is there to help you succeed while have the company succeed. Great focus on health and wellness.
Good if you are an actual 3M Employee
Production member (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 4, 2015
This Is great job if you are actually employed through 3M. If not you have about a 0.01 percent chance of being hired on and not only that but you are treated constantly as disposable with practically no benefits.
Not minority friendly work place
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: good healthcare benefit
Good atmosphere for work
Good flexible work times
Friendly coworkers
Conducive environment for innovations
I got a lot of experience while working at 3M
You are allowed to work across divisions, thereby learning different experience from cross functions
tedium incarnate
operator (Current Employee), dekalb ilFebruary 26, 2015
jobs fine, management is insanely overbearing and office culture is toxic. the only reason the warehouse remains full is the pay is higher than anything in the rural area.
Productive work place with friendly employees.
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays.health, dental insurance, 401k
Came in to repair department started repairing equipment and reading daily e-mails. Had morning meeting, took morning 15min break, back to work, then half hour lunch, back to work, afternoon 15min break, back to work, time to go home. During lunch and breaks would interact with co-workers regarding personal after hours activities and work related issues. Learned how to repair fixed & mobile HD IR digital cameras, Mobile Processor systems, Assisted in organizing repair parts and part numbers for ISO 9000 certification. I think the hardest part was the requirement to meet a repair quota consistently of three units per day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the closeness of the employees and the stories we shared.
Fine company
Consultant (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTFebruary 23, 2015
This was a good company to work for. Family environment.

I scripted QuickTest Scripts for their then manual test cases.
MY THOUGHTS
Group Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: working as a team
Cons: incentives dwendling
Exceeding what was expected for every order, 100% daily, i learned many things over my ten years with this company, co workers worked hard, hardest part of the job was incentives dwendling yearly, my most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team with other employees and the organization with positive attitudes and management.
A Company where you can advance your career
Production Operator-MFF Discs (Current Employee), Cumberland, WiFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: paid lunch break
Cons: shift rotation
Team oriented work force. A positive attitude prevails amongst Team Leaders and Management. Creating an environment that has positive effect on your work day.
Great compensation and benefits package, but poor employee/management relations
Shipper (Current Employee), Hutchinson, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, clean and safe work environment
Cons: shift work, long hours, sometimes excessive overtime, convoluted management
Overall, 3M is a good company to work for. They pay competitive and livable wages and offer an incredible benefits package. The plant I work in is very clean and environmental friendly and safety is pushed daily ensuring that I will be able to do my work in a safe environment. There is also ample opportunity to change jobs via their posting system. However, there are some issues with this company that make going in to work a less than thrilling experience. One of the major issues is the excessively large management group. Just in my plant alone there is four levels of management, with the lowest level having no real power or ability to do anything. This means that in order to have an issue resolved, it must go through four levels of people before it can even be considered (though some less major issues can be done by the third, and in rare cases the second, level of management). This of course leads to multiple months to pass before anything can be done about the issue. Even if this issue is causing production issues, it takes quite some time to be addressed. During this period, production is still held responsible to produce and high levels despite faulty or malfunctioning equipment. There is also the matter of long hours and rotating shift work that is outdated and extremely unhealthy. Long hours can be fixed by increasing employment levels, and to some extent they have been increasing personnel, but this is mostly overlooked. Because of this, overtime is required when it really shouldn't exist in the levels in is currently in.

In summation, 3M is a decent company to work for and allows you to live comfortably. It has it's issues, but many production plants experience that same problems.

1 2 3 4 5

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more

3M Salaries