3D Systems Employee Reviews

Good place
Mechanical Engineering Team Member (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 13, 2017
Well organized and an interesting place to work if you want to do something related to 3D printing. People seem to be interested by their work and are on the cutting edge of 3D manufacturing.
Different company after corporate takeover
Senior tech (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAOctober 12, 2017
I spent many happy years with Gibbs & Associates but things changed recently with the merger of GibbsCAM and 3D Systems. However, prior to the merger, this was a great company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
New corporate mentality
Poor management and Stressfull
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN / PRODUCTION ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 23, 2017
long stressful hours, always running out of parts, force you to work long hours and 7 days a week. Supervisor has no people skills, treated poorly. pays good, benefits good. No company christmas or thanksgiving!
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
talk to you poorly, no room for advancement, don't care about your family life
Company specializing in 3D printing
Office Manager/HR Liaison (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaSeptember 6, 2017
Mange multiple phone lines and reception area. Assist with new hire paperwork and onbaording process. Order and stock supplies as needed. Relaxed productive environment with diverse culture.
excellent job
Assembler Duties (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHSeptember 3, 2017
great team, managers are amazing and show they care about you. Benefits are great as well. The pay could be better but they make up for it with the team and environment. I have no complaints.
3D system was ok to work for. It was temp job through areo tech. Then they moved to Ohio, bought out another company.
assembler (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 26, 2017
same as above. we made the colored cartridges by the millions each day . then right before my 6 months came up ,it slowed down and then they were bought out. the fulltime people had the choice to move to Ohio or find a different job.
Pros
free food during holidays
Cons
they relocated to Ohio
Information Technology
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 21, 2017
There are some really good people in the company. However management has very little clue or care how broken the infrastructure in the company truly is. Therefore the ones who suffer is the customers. There is a reason why the valuation of the company is only 1/5 of what it was not too long ago.
Pros
Potentially future tech if capitalized correctly
Cons
Poor managerial communication an career paths available
Was a good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJuly 13, 2017
The office atmosphere is that of a sports bar. The bad language and loud boisterous talking makes phone calls hard to hear and have to mute so customers don't hear the bad language.
There is no supervisor to speak of ,so the sales staff does what they want throughout the day. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Like my boss. In different state
Cons
Unprofesstional
Great company, fun atmosphere, cutting edge technology
Contractor ­ Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, San FransiscoJune 24, 2017
If you enjoy being at the forefront of an emergent field, this is a great place to work. The people give everything to ensure the company succeeds, and I was fortunate to be a part of the environment, with many lessons learned that I still utilize today.
Pros
Awesome culture
Cons
Frequent travel
Good people around the company in 3D Systems Inc
Onsite OM Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 22, 2017
Good people around the company. Nice place and nice people and nice to work place culture.
About the Place: Very good place in South Carolina and Weather is good always.
Temps/Mgmt
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 22, 2017
Nice overaaall atmosphere, sssome manaaagersss use favoritism, and give certain temps the runaround on getting hired. Be prepared to work aaaaaround 10-13 hours 4 times aa yeaaar.
Pros
give you wifi code to plaaaay mussic through your device
Cons
loong hours
Long Hours
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  SCMarch 2, 2017
Long hours no room for growth and poor management. Leadership does not work with employees and it is very much a dictatorship
Would not recommend 3D systems to anyone.
Cons
No overall leadership to many bosses
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 1, 2016
Work as a temporary employer way longer then expected spoke with Planet Manager and the rest was history. They blame the lack of communication on the temp agency. Leader have no college degrees plus always angry and upset daily , try and ask for guidance on moving forward never received any. They direct hire but utilize temporary employee and give you no job security.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Communication doesn't exist between management until a problem arise
It is a good place to work.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CAMarch 9, 2016
I am an early start, so I am usually the first one in the building. My day starts off with looking over email and correspondence between my boss and other employees. I then look over all my tasks and establish my priorities. I evaluate the nightly automated regression test results.

The part of my job that I enjoy the most is the challenge of solving problems. Our Technical Support Department usually has some pretty interesting issues that come from the customer.
Pros
A good atmosphere with fellow employees.
Cons
I have 50 mile one way drive to get to work.
Productive and easy to work for.
Casting Technician (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNNovember 29, 2015
Very interesting job, bosses are very understandable and easy to work for. Management is a bit too laid back at times, however they still manage to be very productive. There is always something new and interesting to do daily.
Pros
Good benefits, paid vacation time, laid back enviroment
Cons
Sometimes poorly managed, uncultured at times
Avoid if you care
worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2015
i would guess that the positive reviews here are suspect and should not be trusted. this place is a mess of too many chiefs with a "flog until morale improves" attitude. hours are very, very long and not much reward.
Pros
there is eventually an end to the day
Cons
it starts all over again the next day
Productive with cutting edge technology very flexible with hours
QA Software/ Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 30, 2015
The management is very good with flexibility for workers. Best part of the job was working on a brand new technology allowing me to delve into and investigate topics that interest me. Took advice and was very open minded to incorporated changes in work place quickly and machine design. Allowed me to work with people from all over the planet and helped hon people skills.
Pros
Friendly work place, New technology
Cons
Communication was terrible, time constraints rushed
Run while you can
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock HillOctober 15, 2015
The is the first company that I have ever worked for that has absolutely no sense or team. Everybody seems to be in their own silo, and hardly ever talks to their neighbor. That direction or lack thereof seems to come from the top. The CEO provides no vision or direction to the company. Too many projects without enough resources to complete.
Always a Productive Day
Assembly Line operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 17, 2015
A typicall Day consisted of Daily Meetings, and everyone working together as a team. I enjoyed being trained how to make a 3D printer from start to finish.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
ping pong table , Gym ,
MATERIAL HANDLING (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 1, 2015
A Typical day at work would be me walking around 24/7 talking to other helping them out with what ever , Management was my station as my work spot kept it clean at the end of the day for the other shift to start building , My Co - workers Where every helpfull they walked around to check in on us make sure we was alright helps us out with blue prints on the computers.
My most enjoyable part of my day would be we the team at 3D systems would leave at the same time and talked about our day.
Pros
No Free Lunch
Cons
Short Brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3D Systems. Our community is ready to answer.