3PD Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 26, 2015
I loved everyone I worked with. Very helping. This company was great to work with. I still get calls from here if they are going to have a job opening
Good & Bad
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 6, 2015
This is a very fast pace work environment, you have to be a fast learner, good benefits/perks, management needs some work but overall good experience.
Pros
perks/benefits
Cons
proper training/ lack of personable management
Flexible Hours, Helpful Staff
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2014
I've developed more customer service skills working here then anywhere else. Dealing with the frustrated customers and carriers and the happy and satisfied customers and carriers taught me the variety of people I would have to interact with on a daily basis. I love helping others have a brighter day by doing everything I can. The hardest part of my job is I was only hired as a temp. The most enjoyable is the experience I have acquired.
poor management long hours and a lot of claims
contractor (Former Employee) –  chicagoApril 6, 2014
This company sucks. Management does not care about you. They consistently hit u with bogus claims and try to make u work everyday with long hours
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Dynamic, Fast paced work enviorment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. LouisApril 4, 2014
- Over see 12 delivery team load outs, Route next day delivery for furniture retailer Weekends Only. Dispatch and trouble shoot any customer/contractor issues that may arise through out the day. Manage pre-caller system for next day delivery notifications.

- Being employed with 3PD has taught me to identify problem areas and quickly offer solutions to improve operational efficiencies for our market. Retention of motor carriers and their qualifications. Instituting developmental programs to boost morale for both motor carriers and office staff, and operational budgeting.

- My co-worker are some of the most dedicated and hardworking individuals I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

- Meeting motor carrier qualification deadlines in comparison to the volume our customer pushes out.

- The most enjoyable part of my job is unquestionably my staff, both office and the motor carriers. My job keeps me on my toes from the minute I wake into work up until the day is done. It allows me to change with it as fast as it moves and I couldn't ask for anything else.
Pros
constantly changing and extremely faced paced.
Cons
long days.
absolutely awful, never work for this company!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 17, 2014
Long hours and over extending yourself for a company who will not appreciate you AT ALL. Terrible upper mangement whos only out for themselves. Will replace you if you do not meet their high standards and unrealistic expectations. Most contractors don't care and neither do the drivers. Unreliable staff. Little to no office help. It could be the perfect job for someone who doesn't have a life outside of work and managers must be attached to their phone constantly, even outside of work. Salary isn't worth the headaches.
Cons
long hours, no life balance
Progressive and innovative company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 28, 2014
Loved being part of such an innovative and progressive company.
Fast paced blue collard job with pontential for aggressive expansion
Driver installer (Former Employee) –  Cotati, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Although my time with 3PD was short lived it was a familiar work enviorment for me but in a with a new job title as an independant contractor. It gave me perspective on a new level as far as resposability when owning a piece of your own company. My co-workers were more on a corporate level as they would dispatch information to partner and my myself. Nonetheless it was a great work enviorment with open communication.
Pros
freedom to map out daily routes, and choosing days off
Cons
average 14 hour work day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2013
•Safely operated 24 ft. trucks daily
•Carefully and successfully delivered electronics, appliances and furnishings to customers
•Lifted heavy (approximately 50 to 250 lbs.) products daily
•Installed appliances and electronics for customers
•Provided prompt and courteous service to both residential and commercial customers
•Maintained trip logs daily reflecting distances traveled and customer locations
Thankful
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2013
I'm really thankful for the opportunity at this company, I learn a lot of stuff from cabinets and electronics I learn how to assemble a cabinet and carry freezers, washers, dryers and to work at a fast pace, leaving the area clean. the one thing made me want to look for another job its that I wasn't getting paid my social security.
Pros
day work
Cons
no benefits.
horrible
contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami flJuly 10, 2013
They deduct money from u with out lettings u know unpaid days and when u contact market manger they cut ur days to 3 and 4 days this company is filled with people who withhold pay because of budget they let u work then no pay
self paced, hard work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2013
Sart by getting on the computer to print off paper work for the mornings inbound trailers, write inbound product in location on paper then enter it in to the computer, then unload product with hand trucks and place each order in location, then from time to time unload cotracters trailer with forklift, then load trailer for local and long distance routes,
This is the worst delivery company!
customer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 26, 2013
I would give a zero if possible.
This company does not have any flexibility. Do not care about their customers. I can not believe IKEA contracted with this company for their online delivery! I ended up canceling my order because it was a nightmare dealing with this company: slow, no flexibility, horrible communication....
Cons
see above
Nightmare!!
Owner/Op (Former Employee) –  Everywhere but my bank accountJanuary 15, 2013
As a contractor for this company they tell you walking in the door that you can make $120,000 a year which sounds great! What they don't tell you is once you have paid out all expenses you are lucky to take home $20-25,000 and you work 12-14 hours or more to do it. I have been in the contract delivery business for many years now and this company was the worst on all levels by far. The insurance they require is the most expensive in the industry($260/wk), the management runs in circles mostly because there are 3 or 4 other managers doing the same job from a distant location, the hours that are needed to clear any profit at the end of the day makes it difficult to keep reliable help, they'll tell you you will get bonuses for the 5star performance they require but you will never see it! Thanks to this company I finally pursued a different career path and am thankful for it, but what a nightmare experience it was with 3PD.
Pros
i found my new career while making deliveries for this company. big thanks
Cons
poor management - terrible owner/op support - laughable pay scale - etc
Good place to work.
Operations Manager / Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 15, 2013
We were a 3PL transportation company located inside customers facility to handle all of their transportation needs. In this particular situation your customer service skills become the most important part of the job.
Pros
you're able to learn how your work interacts with your customers procedures, therefore it's much easier to make suggestions for continuous improvement.
Cons
the only space provided is what your customer wants you to have.
Horrible Company.
slave (Former Employee) –  fayetyeville, gaJanuary 9, 2013
This place is horrible. They expect you to work extremely long hours with no extra compensation. If you are a manager you have to drive all over the state for work but still use your own money for gas. They treat salaried managers like slaves and make it so you have no life at all. DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE!
Pros
none!
Cons
everything
Satisfying, character building, good paying job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 5, 2012
Start the day off planning your route while the contracted store loads your inventory. All deliveries are pre-scheduled so you know what you have for the day and when you finish, your day is over. As long as you keep a professional look and attitude, management pretty much leaves you alone except to praise you. You are responsible for your own helper which can be a curse or a blessing. The hardest part of the job is having the responsibility of providing your own truck, being accountable to the Contractor, the store, and the stores customers. The rewarding parts of this job are getting personal with your community, having control of your workload, and getting a guaranteed salary no matter how much you do each week.
Pros
independence, great pay, predictability.
Cons
great responsibility, no flexibility, financiall risk.
They suck!
Customer Service Representative/Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GASeptember 21, 2012
The company is cut throat and does not care about there employees
Robots working for an unappreciative company
OSR (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 3, 2012
- horrible executives. All senior execs care only about their pockets beIng filled with money
- No room for advancement.
- Yearly raises or cost of living increases do not exist.
-Horrible benefit packages
-Time off/Vacation policy is unfair and barely exist
- Lower lever employees are underpaid
- Very unorganized company
Pros
some employees are nice to be around
Cons
company does not care about its employees.
Great Place to Work!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 30, 2012
Great place to work and good potential for advancement. Leader in last mile delivery and logistics.
Pros
cutting edge technology