Our client, an innovative company that designs and builds superior performing retail environments for the world’s premier retail and consumer products companies, is currently searching for a Purchasing/Production Manager. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning company located in western Atlanta, that rewards employees with an attractive salary, excellent benefits package and generous profit-sharing plan.
- Direct activities of manufacturers/suppliers for the on time, cost-effective production of components, materials and specialty items required for each client/project.
- Work with Account Executives and Project Managers to detail the client/project requirement.
- Work with Industrial Designers to solve design problems, and make suggestions for design improvement.
- Search for new Vendors to quote projects.
- Qualify new vendors in regards to production capabilities, cost effectiveness and quality control.
- Prepare quotes and cost analysis.
- Monitor costs and continually strives for cost deductions.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices.
- More than 8 years in purchasing, negotiating and estimating.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Design or Business.
- Manufacturing experience/knowledge of one or more of the following: sheet metal, wire, plastics, wood.
- Ability to read and interpret store layouts and engineering/architectural drawings.
- Basic inventory control knowledge.
- Purchasing software expertise (JD Edwards is preferred).
- A plus is experience related to store fixtures and point-of-purchase (POP) displays.
- Buyer, Procurement, Procure, Materials
Indeed - 14 months ago