Pros: learning new skills as a manager, working with the newest technology, being able to work my own hours, and the personal interactions with customers and co-workers
Cons: not the highest paying job for a manager
The typical day as a store manager:
- At the beginning of the work day, its my resposibility to review all closing procedures from the previous night are completed.
- Verify that all morning procedures have been in compliance with store satisfaction
- Daily, verify all the stores inventory is accounted for (accessories, handsets, cash drawer, and process anything that needs to be shipped/received)
- As manager, it is also my duty guide all co-workers in the process of all aspects of the sales. Ensuring that all information is presented to the customer, offer all devices and services, and offer guidence to co-workers on how to improve sales performance.
- I lay out a daily minimum performance plan to all co-workers to encourage personal growth and success to ensure everyone meets their objectives every month.
- Before the end of the day, it is my responsibilty to review events from the current day and ensure that all store requirements have been met.
- I have been with the company for over 2 years and I can proudly say that I have been able to advance to the position of store manager
- I have learned to balance the operational side of work with sales side to ensure everything is completed on a daily basis.
- The job also allowed me learn new styles of management. Specifially, different management styles for different situations.
- Also, the job has given me valuable training in the art of customer service and how to handle diffrent situations and have peaceful and productive resolutions.
- Finally, it has given me the confidence to improve on my interpersonal – more... skills with fellow co-workers and upper management in all aspects of the job.
- As a manager, it is important to have a positive attitude no matter how good or bad a work day may be. The attitude of the manager reflects the attitude of the people they work with.
- As for my management team, there are always ready and available for all aspecs of the job.They offer guidance and ideas on how to improve and build on the success of what is already there.
- When inventory is running low, they go out of their way to ensure that you have the products you need.
- They are always available day/night to answer any questions that any employee might have whether it is work related, sales related, or customer service related.
-As a manager, it is my duty to oversee my co-workers in every aspect of the job. Whether it is in sales, customer service, inventory control, are personal.
- As cowrkers, they responsible for processing the opening/closing store procedures, maintain store cleanliness, as well as guiding customers through the sales process of selecting devices and services the meet and satisfy their needs.
- There are also required to understand all products and services that are offered as well as attending training seminars when available for new products and services.
Hardest part of the job:
- The most difficult parts of the job are maintaining one hundred percent count of the stores inventory on a weekly basis. With new inventory coming in daily and the sales of current inventory, it is tedious task to ensure one hundred percent compliance.
- Also, the filing of all proper and documentation into its designated area is ecpecially difficult when you multiple customer in at one time.
- The multitasking aspect of the job is very important in the job, which can lead to choosing something that is more important than the other, which can lead to forgetting to do certain things.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
- The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with newest and best technology in the wireless industry, from phones to tablets and everything in between, – less