4G Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

Run far away- consider anywhere else
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Few placesJanuary 21, 2016
really not a place you should choose to work, the owner and family (family owns and has control over everything) dont care about the people on the sales floor, the ones actually making them money. they dont care how loyal or hardworking/dedicated you are... if you dont like the way they run things, and express it vocally, you will be FIRED

throughout my time, had 9 bosses in 3 years.
had to change keys and alarm codes 4 times in 1 year, shows you the employee & management turnover rate.

changing name from 4g wireless, to A wireless or Z wireless or something like that, either way, LOOK ELSEWHERE.

Unless you enjoy working overtime because there are a lack of employees, or enjoy being on the phone cold calling people for the entire day, or enjoy waking up for conference calls on your days off, and wonderfully fun things like that.
Pros
Coworkers are the bomb
Cons
everything else, compensation plan, regional manager
If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 25, 2016
The only thing I did enjoy about this job is my team of co-workers. I don't have anything positive to say about management. There were common business practices that ruin the customer experience and constant pressure to abide by these rules to keep your job. The 3rd party wireless industry is a shady business.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Management, stress, daily moral dilemmas to fulfill required job duties.
Challenging and rewarding
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMay 20, 2016
The culture is about making sales and closing deals. Compensation was a plus, professional work attire, professional atmosphere and a great place to develop your sales skills.
Company got purchased
Multi-Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJune 20, 2016
Great company to work for until they got purchased. Company relocated employees often. I was relocated 5 times within a two year span.
good
Revenue assurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2016
was a good place to work however it was sold to another company and was closed down in march 2016
premium retail for Verizon wireless
was ok
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2016
grateful they gave me my first job. outside of that it wasnt all that. pay was really low, comission wasnt that great, management at the time was difficult.
very fun and exciting worl environment
Sales Associate/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 22, 2015
i would count the cash drawer daily. set sales goals for my employees. maintain the store by cleaning it. roll play with employees. make 50 calls on every shift to promote discounts and promotions. greet all customers with a smile and drive sales daily
wireless sales
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAAugust 13, 2012
assist customers with all wireless needs while maximizing sales to the correct customer.
Pros
small intamite location, uncapped commission, spiffs
Cons
slow pace enviorment, benifits, commission structure
Great Teamwork
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ferndale waSeptember 30, 2015
Worked very well together as a team. Everyone cares about each other. We all share equal parts of the work load and hold ourselves accountable for our own short comings.
4g wireless
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, CAJuly 18, 2014
I love sales and being in sales! By saying that's it was a great job. For a typical day at work is getting everything that is operations done first and then dealing with customer and sales side of things for the rest of your shift. The management was good its a lot of pressure especial during the slow months but as a good salesmen you find ways to overcome that period. The environment is good you build professional relationships with your coworkers so work is a enjoyable place. The only things that you struggle at work is finding ways to make your paycheck has big as possible. But the best part of work was seeing smiles on the customers face that you helped.
Pros
flexible schduling
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about 4G Wireless?

Ask a question
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Eagle Rock, CAJanuary 28, 2014
4g Wireless was a fast paced work environment that allowed me to use and further hone my customer service and retail sales skills. A typical day involved interacting with various customers answering questions regarding different types of cell phones and cell phone operating systems. Ringing up sales transactions if customers were eligible for upgrades or wishing to create a new contract with the company. Managing customer accounts and providing over the phone assistance. My co-workers were friendly and outgoing and I found it very easy to get along with them. Management of the store was competent and for the most part understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people throughout the day. I could not pinpoint anything that I could say was the hardest part as the job utilized all of the skills and experience I have gathered through my eight years of sales.
n/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 23, 2015
learning experience and ready for my own Leadership opportunity, I believe everyone has an opportunity to self-develop, this was one of mine.
Just okay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 27, 2012
Job security (just like in any sales position) is what it is. Perform, and you'll get promoted. Don't perform? Don't meet up to their expectations? Yeah, let's just say you better start looking for another job. BUT, they do advance qualified people quickly. That's one thing I've noticed about this company.

There are no values being taught at 4G. I felt like it was just an Ok place to work at.

The pay, depending on how well you sell, was better than most indirect wireless dealers. I made a good living working here.
Pros
pretty great pay.
Cons
just a below average to average working environment.
Not a fun or great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJune 14, 2015
The entire time working for this company was a battle to get my desired time off from 3 months in advance notice, and the right amount of commission when there were ways they were taking over 20% of it off our checks.
Consistent work & store management
Sales Rep/Tech (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 6, 2013
worked with a lot of different employees and had a variety of clients who needed help from a typical topics to technical support. most day where slow than others and other days were busy. i was always back and fourth sometimes being the only spanish speaker. other days i was helping with the different store operations and management. i always had my work cut out for me making daily goals and helping my coworkers know as much as i did on details.
Pros
great clients
Cons
poor management
Pros / Cons
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 22, 2014
if you want to use it as an exp. on your resume go for it but def. not a long-time career
Pros
pay structure is not bad compared to other companies
Cons
poor coaching, poor management, rude hr directors, core doesn't care about reps
Very mellow and relaxing
Lead/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 25, 2012
I work at a slower store where traffic isnt over the top like other places so its very quiet at times and sometimes you just gotta keep busy with trying to bring in customers.My manager is a pretty knowledgeable and quick to help, the hardest part of the job would be making every customer happy, but thats the part i enjoy the most too because when you do make a customer happy that means they will bring in more people to you.
Pros
close to home, a/c is always on
Cons
not enough traffic to make money
Very competitive work place.
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 8, 2014
A typical day at work was helping as many customers as possible. Customer service and technical support. Cash deposits and inventory counts were also a part of my duties.
Pros
discount on verizon wireless service
Cons
no room for advancement
great
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 28, 2015
nice people, great job face pace when it may be other wise we make it face pace. great meeting awesome managers. commission structure gets you paid if you work for it
Excellent experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CASeptember 4, 2013
Great for young adults. Start you off with training, then you're on the sales floor where sky is the limit when it comes to your paychecks. It's all in your hands. You can make the bare minimum, or you can make twice your co-worker by maximizing your commission.
Pros
product/service discount.

2.9