ABOUT THE POSITION
500 Startups (www.500.co) is currently hiring a Conference (Content) Producer with at least 3-5 years of solid experience in curating content for the tech industry (conferences, news outlets, blogs, etc.) and a strong understanding of overall production elements.
We are expanding our conference portfolio into new directions, markets, and geographies, and need a key team member who will help make this a reality. This is a highly entrepreneurial role and requires someone who knows the early-stage technology scene like the back of their hand, understands how to smartly curate and package content for our audience within tight deadlines, and brings a strong yet balanced sense of playfulness, wit, and humor to their work.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING:
- Competitive salary + full benefits
- Fun, creative, and team-oriented culture based on mutual respect and shared goals
- Entrepreneurial atmosphere where new ideas are supported and the sky is (truly) the limit
- The opportunity to travel the world + learn about international markets and technologies
- Massive opportunity for growth alongside an exciting, fast-paced company
ABOUT 500 STARTUPS
500 Startups (500.co) is one of the world's most innovative technology investment firms, with more than 475+ global portfolio companies and a network of mentors, partners, and community members around the world. We not only invest in tech startups worldwide, but we're also a key player in building the global tech community through our startup + investor conferences such as Warm Gun (design + UX for startups), unSEXY (B2B companies that actually make money), MamaBear (new tech for moms, kids, and families), PreMoney (innovative new models for venture capital), SMASH (customer acquisition for startups), and more.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Map markets, research key industry verticals, and build creative, innovative agendas for tech conferences targeting startups and investors
- Recruit top entrepreneurs, Founders, and CEOs to speak, and work closely with them to curate their talks/presentations and ensure overall content alignment
- Write copy for all websites and marketing emails, and manage both website development and all outbound marketing (email campaigns, social media campaigns, partner promotions, etc.)
- Work with operations team to align content and overall show production with back-end functions such as venue, audio-visual, food & beverage, live streaming, press, vendors, volunteers, etc.
- Manage sponsor relationships and work cooperatively within a team environment to ensure the sponsorship benefits are executed
- Lead on-site conference production to ensure a smooth, well-coordinated show
ALL CANDIDATES MUST:
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in conference OR content production for the tech industry (conferences, blogs, news outlets, etc.).
- Be already located in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate (+ be a U.S. Citizen or have a work visa)
- Have strong knowledge of and familiarity with the early-stage tech scene
- Be a talented writer, able to craft copy and agendas that are enticing to our audience and tell a story about the state of our industry
- Be passionate, loyal, and dedicated to their career -- and be willing to put in the long hours it takes to get the job done
- Be a part of our strong team dynamic, which requires cooperation, enthusiasm, team spirit, and confidence
- Sponsorship sales experience is a HUGE plus (but not required)
Send us the following info:
- Resume / CV
- Writing samples and/or samples of past conference agendas/articles/copy
- Anything else you'd like us to see that demonstrates why YOU are the prefect fit for this position (videos, blogs, portfolios, etc.)
500 Startups (500.co) is one of the world's most innovative technology investment firms, with more than 475+ global portfolio companies and...