Description: A direct client of 54 Consulting is looking for a local Sr. Web Engineer with must have skills Adobe CQ Server, Java (1.5) JDBC, JSP, JSTL, Tag Libraries, Struts (2.0), Spring, JSP, HTML, XML/XSD/XSLT/DTD, Apache Tomcat, Weblogic. Below is the full detailed job description
- Design, develop, and implement software packages for web sites using Java.
- Participate in performing custom development of web-based applications in a Java environment on an Adobe CQ Server platform.
- Responsible for application development, unit testing and quality assurance as well as resolving code bugs, performing unit tests, working on code reviews and application documentation.
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks.
- Provide input for process improvement efforts and application technical support as needed.
- Trouble-shoot, debug and implement software code.
- Suggest process improvements within the software engineering practice.
- Resolve code bugs, perform unit tests and assist in the leadership of code reviews and application documentation.
- Follow and maintain the specifications, guidelines and standards set by the department.
- Global Platform experience is preferred.
- Proficient in the entire software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for gathering user requirements and full lifecycle application development.
- Experience in utilizing application development methodologies.
- 4+ years of experience in web application development using Java.
- 1+ years of experience with Adobe CQ (formerly Day CQ).
- 2+ years of experience using the following: HTML, Java Script; CSS experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of Java (1.5) JDBC, JSP, JSTL, Tag Libraries, Struts (2.0), Spring, JSP, HTML, XML/XSD/XSLT/DTD.
- 3+ years of working knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit.
- 3+ years of Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Development.
- Must be proficient in Object-Oriented Java programming using Java/J2EE and Java design patterns.
- 3+ years of experience with middle tier / distributed environments.
- 3+ years of experience of working in Unix/Linux Environment.
- 2+ years of experience working using application servers like Apache Tomcat, Weblogic or Websphere.
- Knowledge of Apache Felix (OSGi implementation) and CRX (Java Content Repository).
- Familiarity with CQ architecture.
- Must have experience with XML/JSON, SOAP, REST, web services.
- Must have experience with N-tier application design, development and support.
- Must have strong knowledge of relational databases and stored procedures.
- Java Programmer - Graphics/GUI experience preferred.
- Experience with databases and database connectivity; PHP is a plus.
- Experience using tools like Subversion, Eclipse is a plus.