Our client seeks a Technical Solutions Architect to provide guidance and assist account teams in building solutions to address specific Mobility Service Provider customer needs.
In this position, you will be working with technology experts to help them position Cisco SP Mobility Architecture effectively against competing offerings. Related technical knowledge is essential, and sales skills are important. The ideal candidate will also have a level of comfort communicating across all functions within Cisco, as well as with clients and partners.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work as a leader in the Service Provider Mobility field with today's most innovative teams in a demanding and growing industry environment-enabling career advancement in technical or management roles.
1. Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected major account opportunities.
2. Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
3. Understand and articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services. Facilitate better communications and understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field. create, present and document technical and architectural solutions.
4. Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
5. Drive identifying major account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, Cisco architectures, product requirements, and design validation) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership.
6. Provide consultative support to other Virtual Team Specialists and Systems Engineers. Mentor other less experienced Systems Engineers in the assigned opportunities. Viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners, company and customers.
7. Publish white papers on given topics for internal or external use. Continually gather product requirements and submit findings to BUs and LOBs to drive Area or Operation business requirements.
8. Major account focus will require increased travel responsibilities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solutions Team(s). Must have area of specialization, and potentially multi-areas.
1. In depth and comprehensive knowledge of Cisco SP Mobility Architecture including Access, Packet Core, RAN Backhaul, Network Management and Policy Enforcement.
2. Extensive knowledge of Packet Core, Evolved Packet Core, UMTS, and LTE.
3. A complete understanding of data communications concepts as well as existing and future 3GPPP, 3GPP2 and IMS network architectures.
4. Deep knowledge of IP RAN backhaul solutions and network topologies, network synchronization protocols, routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, IS-IS), Layer 2 transport, EoMPLS/VPLS, MPLS-TP, and Carrier Ethernet.
5. Deep knowledge of SP Wifi Access Points and Controllers, Femto Cells, Small Cells, 802.11xx protocols, policing and authentication mechanisms.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
2. Customer relationship skills, including presentations and technical discussion.
3. Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
4. Ability to interpret customer needs and requirements and to map them to products and architectures that meet those need.
5. Ability to write proposals and create diagrams that satisfy customer´s requirements.
6. Leadership capabilities to work with extended teams and get the expected results of them
7. Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and writing) Portuguese is desirable.
BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent course work in data and telecommunications.