The candidate will:
- Lead, design, engineer, build, test, deploy, and upgrade platform, OS, and VM infrastructure
- Evaluate, test, implement, maintain, and support virtualization platforms
- develop automated deployment, configuration, and support mechanisms
- Have advanced skills, knowledge, and experience in a significant subset of the technologies enumerated below that would allow them to perform design, installation, configuration, administration, management, tuning, and advanced troubleshooting of the VM environments and provisioning infrastructure
- Provide consulting and information sharing across work groups, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline and cross-technology concepts and processes The candidate must have the ability to interact and communicate clearly with many interworking groups and represent the virtualization components of the larger project.
The following skills are desired:
- Hypervisor implementations such as VMware products (vSphere ESX/ESXi, vCenter, SRM), Citrix XenServer, Xen.org Xen, KVM (Linux, Illumos), etc.
- OS based virtualization (Linux-VServer, Solaris zones, OpenVZ, LXC, FreeBSD jails)
- Cloud platforms, both IaaS and PaaS models (XCP, OpenStack, Amazon EC2, Apache Hadoop, Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, OS filesystems e.g. zfs)
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, etc.), Solaris operating systems
- IP networking and routing * Solid scripting development (shell, Perl, Python)
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard