54th street Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I liked my coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOAugust 11, 2017
54th street was my first job in high school. It was good on giving me hours while also working around my baseball schedule. I sorta liked working there.
Great Managers and coworkers
Server (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 9, 2017
Typical serving job, but the people and managers here are great. Mostly everyone gets along and is treated fairly at this job.
it was an ok starting job
Server (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOFebruary 8, 2017
The customers that come into that store could be both really nice but also really terrible. The really nice people that walk into the store make that place worth working at, but the terrible guests makes you want to quit immediately
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Perfect Balance of Small Town and Corporate Giant
Server (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJanuary 31, 2017
The place has a concept that wins. Great food mostly from scratch, and organization/communication to keep it running smoothly. The expectations and follow through on those are what I really enjoy. I like being pushed, and being able to count on those around me to help me as well as push themselves. Management is very involved. Food quality is very good, and the serving staff can point out something that is not good enough and it gets remade/fixed! Most places you have to deal with the cooks attitude so what you get is what you get. 54 still uses managers to expo food for the most part so that communication between cooks and servers is gapped with them. Good for the cooks too so they are not dealing with the servers chattering to them all day. The place is busy, and couple with that management and staff that *for the most part* really care and want to do a great job, it is a great place to invest your time. We have had bussers promoted to GM's within 7-8 years tenure, managers become GM's within 3-4 years, and growth in other states(Texas) as well. Give it a try, if you are prideful and a hard worker, you will love it!
Pros
Consistent money, management support, teamwork
Cons
Not a good fit for those that are into "easy" money, lone rangers who don't work well with many different people, very large menu to learn.
Fun place
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJanuary 21, 2017
Fun fast pace place to make good money but there are things they can most definitely fix been having a lot of small issues with minor issues that affects business and when business is affected your pockets are affected!!!
Pros
Fast money
Cons
No breaks and really no management back up
High Expectations Push Me To Be Successful
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 18, 2017
I've worked for 54th Street for 11 years and if that isn't a review on its own, I don't know what is! This company has high standards for quality customer service & products. If I'm going to be a server, I want to work in an environment that pushes me to be the best I can be. I take great pride in being a part of a quality restaurant, unlike the 'run of the mill' Applebee's and Chili's.

Be prepared to learn an extensive menu, but stick with it as it is so worth it! The money is great because our guests are receiving a better experience than what they may be used to.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Working weekends, but worth the money
A growing company with tons of room for advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2017
54th Street brought me onto their management team with no experience in restaurant management. I had worked in restaurants for most of my life, but I learned so much in my time with 54. There is no shortage of great mentors who can teach you how to run a restaurant successfully.

Because of their great teaching and my hard work, promotions came very quickly. If you're a people person who is willing to work hard and buy into their program you can reach the GM level within a few years. 54th Street has been great to me and my family and I never plan to look for another job again.
Pros
Great teachers, free food, fun environment
Cons
If you don't like people and you don't work hard this isn't the job for you.
Best job I've ever had
Server (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 11, 2017
I love my job at 54th street! It's fast paced and very busy, Good money to be made. Flexible schedule, great management, very fun environment, and they have always worked around my needs. I have worked for the company going on 3 years and we as a team have formed a family. I recommended the job to my daughter and she has worked there as well for over a year now and she also loves it.
Fun work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 11, 2017
It's a great place to work always busy so pleny of opportunity to make a lot of money . It's a fun environment to work in with great staff and tons of friendly regular customers. They really work hard to give employees good schedules.
Pros
Half off food, good management
Flexible, fun company. Solid dedication to teamwork and employee support
Server (Current Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJanuary 11, 2017
As a veteran of the service industry I went to work for 54th Street because I enjoyed dining there. We always had a great experience; enjoying both the food & the atmosphere. I am sincerely glad that I applied at this restaurant and that the management gave me a chance.

Management are exceptionally proactive - engaging staff and guests to ensure that shifts run smoothly. Communication is excellent all the way around. The management is remarkably flexible with scheduling needs, helping employees balance life, work, family, school, etc and assist whenever possible when those emergency situations arise.

Co-workers and management are the best part of the job. 54th Street emphasizes a team attitude in taking care of our guests. This really helps with efficiency. Guests remain happy and tables turn quickly. We are in a great location and business is brisk. Lunch servers can expect to work from 10am-5 or 11am-3ish, making a decent amount each shift. Dinner shifts begin at 5 on weekdays and 4 on weekends.

The challenges at 54th Street are in line with those of the service industry more broadly, but the great guests, our location, staff & management all work in concert to mitigate most concerns.
Pros
dedication to teamwork, flexibility, very friendly
Cons
Na
Fun work environment with friendly coworkers and management that is easy to get along with.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The job is great. Some of the customers can be a pain at times, but in the end it is all worth it. This is an equal opportunity company. Management does not play favorites, everyone is on an equal playing field and our daily tasks are easily understood. This job is a true meritocracy. Customer service is a number one priority, and teamwork at this location is higher than any other restaurant I've seen.
Pros
Discounts on certain food items and a busy work environment, The food is great and the money was too.
Cons
Management can sometimes be reluctant to cut the floor.
great place to work!
server/bartender (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJanuary 10, 2017
flexible with schedule, caring managers, great staff, and great customers! the energy is positive! I love the hours! there is this one bartender deb, she's really hot!
Pros
flexible with schedule
Fun and positive work environment, very friendly staff
Express ToGo/Server (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2017
If you are looking for a friendly and positive work envionement, 54th Street is the place. Not only is it a great environment to work in but they are also very flexible with your schedule. I go to school and I was worried about not being able to balance work and school but they are very understanding and have worked with my always changing schedule these past 3 years I have worked here. It's also one of the few jobs I haven't dreaded coming to work. The management and staff feel more like a family to me than work associates.
Pros
You will meet a lot of new people, everyone is friendly, very flexible with schedules
Cons
N/a
fun environment, great management team
Server / trainer / FOH supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MoJanuary 9, 2017
Having worked for this company for almost five years, while it is not without it's faults, as most companies are, I can honestly say that I enjoy going to work everyday! From the management team to the staff, we all give 100% each day to me sure this company succeeds. The first day I started training, I was welcomed with open arms, given the best possible training and opportunities and excelled as a server because of the management and staff I trained under! It continues to be a challenging, fun and adventurous place to work...
Pros
new exciting challenges
Cons
the hardest part of this job is learning the menu and computer
No work life balance
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 4, 2015
There were fun people working there but always a constant overtime and people calling off. great food though. Managment was not very reasonable and no room for advancment.
bar and grill
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2014
it was fun, managers not so good. loved the people and the guests. food was good. Rattlesnake pasta is the bomb.
Pros
food/fun
Cons
managers
Great staff, more like a family than co-workers.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 10, 2014
Make sure the staff is set-up for success, implement company rules and standards, maintain highest levels of customer service. Perform opening and closing duties, cash handling, nightly bank deposits. Hiring new employee's and setting the schedule for 35+ servers on staff.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No breaks, High Hours
old fashioned atmophere ,worldly travel feel
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2013
as before: basic server responabitlites ,money and cash handling, making sure every customers need is fufilled,
Pros
50 percent off lunchs
Cons
clickey

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 54th street. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2