7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Found 2,637 reviews matching the search
Constient work always something different.
Senior Sales Rep/ Order Writer (Former Employee) –  Indian Head Park, ILSeptember 26, 2016
A very active job. Always new hurdles to overcome. Employees were great to work with. Trying to figure out how to make the customer happy was a great challenge.
doesnt pay enough
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West Point, VASeptember 24, 2016
I worked for a franchised 7 Eleven. best boss I've ever had as far as understanding and the way he treated me. Yet the absolute CHEAPEST employer I've ever worked for. worked 60+ hours a week for less than $25,000 a year.
Pros
good opportunities for advancment
Cons
LOW PAY
Beautiful experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJSeptember 24, 2016
It was a great start to my working career, I am happy to start with this great store.Feel lucky that I got the chance to work for them.
So much work with little pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 24, 2016
I worked full time and only got payed $7.25. Sometimes even 11 hr shifts. Then I found our that we never get raises, and that there is no room for me to step up to management unless someone quits or gets fired. So there is no opportunity there. And there are someven ladies that have been there for yrs and yrs. And also you can't use your own money you have to put it on a tab and they take it out your check later. I hated that.
Pros
Payed training
Cons
Little pay, horrible management, and if someone doesn't show for there shift, you have to stay till they do.
Fast-pace enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Multiple job duties in one fast paced shift. All team members work together in various duties. Night shift employees work alone with all store responsibilities.
Too busy
Sales Associate, Night Shift (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILSeptember 24, 2016
Manager demands too much and not enough pay or benefits. No room to grow or to learn anything new, its the same thing everyday. also deal with many drunks and lack of respect from customers.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
alone
Friendly atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Lots of diverse people, very friendly atmosphere. Boss was kind. Hardest was getting yelled at for carding people for alcohol & tobacco, luckily not often. Best was interacting with very nice people.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Punctuality.
A new experience daily
Convenience Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at the downtown 7 Eleven is nothing but adventures. From experiences with customers to experiences with co workers. There is never a dull moment. Due to us being located in the heart of the downtown area, we receive all different types of customers. A lot of laughter is shared between associates and customers as we exchange stories with one another. You actually have some customers who tend to grow on you so you look forward to seeing them thru out your shift.
The high volume of service we provide is a consistent rush. although very well maintained. We as a staff have received tons of praise from customers for handling the tasks we do. As the manager of the store that only makes me feel like we as a team are doing something right.
Pros
a new adventure every day
Cons
seeing how many people are with out and not being able to help how you want to.
I loved Working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2016
The job was good the pay wasn't excellent but adequate I had a great time working here. I miss it but I needed better pay and benefits.
Pros
location
Busy Day
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CASeptember 21, 2016
I start working at 2pm. Doing cleanings sweaping the floor, moping the floor, facing all inventory, cleaning all surface. between cleaning i also have to help customers, because I work by myself. I have to make sure i gave customer the right changes. so i don't get shortage on my shift. that would be bad. when is time, i need to do some odering, the system got change, now is easier. just push buttons.when is around 6pm to 8pm. i get a little break. i need to make sure every where is clean and neat. before i leave, i need to count my money on my shift, so the manager can check it on the next day.
Pros
Free Drinks While Working
Cons
Short Break or no break
Never a dull moment with the convenience crowd
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2016
I loved working in the hectic wax and wave environment that 7 Eleven is home to. One needs to enjoy customer service to thrive in this environment!
productive and fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CASeptember 20, 2016
working here was very fun. the enviorment was always friendly would definetly work here again. a typical day at work usually just involves greeting customers with a loving attitude.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks
Productive andf very busy place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colona, ILSeptember 20, 2016
It was a great place to work. Very close to home, co workers were all great and easy to get along with Hardest part was waiting on next person to come in very fast paced , most enjoyable part was working with the public.
Hard work, no official break.
Cook/Cashier/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Harrold ISDSeptember 20, 2016
Most of my complaints were from the co-workers, however, on some days we never get a break and if we are caught sitting down for a few seconds to catch a breath, we are scolded. However, they say we didn't have official breaks so have to find times to be able to take breaks, but the only way I could find to take a break was to become a smoker where they can take a smoke break every hour. Working a ten hour shift to make sure the kitchen was clean before a cleaning evaluation and only being able to sit for about five minutes wasn't the best working environment.
Pros
Free subway sandwhich, free drinks, job security
Cons
No breaks
A fun work place for a convenient store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayshore, NYSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at 7 eleven because my co workers and boss always made it a blast, learning different parts of the "convenient store world" which was pretty cool and definitely added to working skills!
Pros
Free meals, great hours
Cons
No breaks, lack of staff
solid and fun
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 19, 2016
good work and very positive worked long nights and mostly worked heavy products such as charcol and petfood stand up long hours and good pay
Pros
discounts
Cons
paying and short breaks
Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Enjoyed working with customers. Great co-workers. Regular customers become friends. Some customers not so friendly!
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Cons
Not many breaks
Horrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  King, NCSeptember 19, 2016
This place is not a job to have if u wish to have any sort of family life. Long hours, terrible training and extremely high turnover rate. They will send u to a training store if hired to be a store manager where u will be expected to do all the work of regular employees while learning minimal skills pertaining to the job u were hired for.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
overall ok
Convenience Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CASeptember 18, 2016
Manager very verbally abusive, but she was also a nice woman. my manager didn't give us a break for about 8 months then starting giving us breaks , when she would get mad she would throw stuff and break them
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks sometimes.
A day at 7-11
Reatail Manager (Current Employee) –  Mathews, VASeptember 18, 2016
I love my job at 7-11 I enjoy getting to know the public the daily communication on what is happening threw out the company The daily learning on new items and upcoming changes to make your store more productive my employees our a great comfort to me we are a team and work together the hardest part is your twice a year resets from summer to winter its not hard its just the relocation of items to make the store have a seasonal flow
Pros
great laocation of store
Cons
white floors for a country store.lol