7-Eleven
1,838 reviews

7-Eleven United States Employee Reviews

7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 21, 2015
a typical day at 7-11 is ok I would say. Some people on staff are easy to work with .never know if your hours going to get cut or if you're going to fired for somebody else mistake beca.use you didn't take the blame
Poor Employee treatment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pueblo COApril 21, 2015
It's really awful when you can put in extra effort, cover shifts, come in early, do unpaid training, and have your hours manipulated only then to have management say you are not going above and beyond. The treatment is some of the worst I have received and I would not work for the same management again.
an ok job to work at if more than one employee per shift
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, slurpee, fountain drink
Cons: dealing with lottery customers.
if you like a fast pace environment and multitasking all day long. this is the job for you.
time goes by very fast if you are in a busy store. need a lot of time management to complete task and be out on time.
poor job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCApril 21, 2015
enjoyed my co-workers and also my customers that come by on the regural. but other then that i hated working for this company management could have been more professial
productive workplace
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: different people you meet, old food was free
Cons: No breaks, management wasn't great
I would come in and clean certain areas before I'm at the register. make sure the cash register is counted right and the back area is clear to work. My co-workers were amazing, the hardest part of the job is stocking the whole store between the hours of 12-4am. The enjoyable part was curtain customers would come in and make my day so bright.
It's a job
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee), Orange City, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no benefits, no discounts and 7-eleven believes employees are the biggest thieves.
Back in the 80's it was the best company to work for, great benefits, awesome chances for advancement. Once they began franchising. None of the above applied. When I started you could take numerous classes to advance both in salary and placement. I worked my way up from Sales Associate to Senior Sales Associate to Assistant Manager to Manager. I know lots of people whom were my managers that are now field consultants and even upper management. That's where I always had hoped to be unfortunately with anybody being able to own a 7-eleven now your career can be demolished. I have seen it happen to many great employees. I love working with the public and making sure customers are happy and want to keep coming back. Owners are not so much worried about this anymore. The dollar means more than anything.
One Big Family
Night Manager, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Close knit and small group
Cons: low pay, no benefits, no advancement, stand still position
Most of the employees work well together as a team and care for each other like family. We all care for our workplace like our home.
An overall busy, but fun environment to work at.
Customer Service/Category Manager/Cashier (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Generous/caring customers, understanding staff, fun environment.
Cons: No benefits, no breaks.
A typical day at work starts with completing all of the daily orders (sandwiches, bakery, etc.) before 10am, getting the food prepped and cooked before lunch time at 10:30am, as well as keeping the coffee consistently fresh from 6am-12pm, making sure to check it every 15 minutes.
I have learned gratitude in the small things, patience with things out of my control, and improved my communication skills even more with the huge language barrier at my place of employment. The management is probably the most understanding of all of the jobs I've held. They take the time to actually address any issues and find a solution, as well as guide me in any problems I have and work with my schedule as a full time mother. I get along with all of my co-workers because of the clear understanding that we are all here to do our jobs, earn our keep, and get home to our families. Nothing is personal, everything is addressed professionally, and if there is any conflict, it is addressed promptly or through a group meeting.
The hardest part of my job is running the store by myself and trying to manage my time appropriately with all of the duties I have to complete during my short morning shift in such a busy commuter location, while making sure all of my customers get the same attention and service equally. My responsibilities are always completed before I clock out, and thankfully, not at the expense of my customers. But it is definitely the most challenging thing I deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Now, with that being said, it is also the most enjoyable part of my job. That, and the relationships I've built with all of my customers. They look forward to seeing me every day, telling me about their work week, their families, their fears and hopes, as well as inquiring about mine. They trust and value my opinion, as well as look out for me and offer advice and help in anything I share with them. This is a job where I am genuinely appreciated and have learned so much.
Fun work environment but unorganized department
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free parking, laid back environment
Cons: The amount of work is too much for one person to handle alone, very unorganized
Payroll is on of the best departments to work in for 7-Eleven but it is very unorganized and employee's are not compensated based on education, qualifications or the work load given. Preference is given based on seniority within the company.
Good place for career advancement if willing to relocate
Field Consultant (Former Employee), Brea, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: free car and gas, free lunch at stores
Cons: free lunch at store (hot dogs)
A typical day at work can start as early as 5AM and end as late as 11PM, there are weekend days involved in work schedule as well. Great perk is the company gives you a car and gas money.
& Eleven
Cashier (Former Employee), Lynn, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: free food during lubch time.
Cons: 1 hrs break when working a 12hrs shift
processed customer transactions
maintained proper appearance of the store
the hardest part of the job is closing but once you know it well it doesn't matter how long it takes just do it right.
the most enjoyable moment is stock and merchandised products accordingly.
Not a happy environment
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2015
A typical night at work. You have to do all the work that was left behind by the day shift. Everything! Doesn't matter how much they didn't do, you must always pick up the slack. You don't get any advancement opportunities at all. The management is mediocre. You clock in on a piece of paper so if you forget to do it, you'll never get your money back.
Serving customers needs for drinks, cigs, or food stuff of sorts.
Cashier (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVApril 15, 2015
You run a register, a lottery machine, count money, and start gas pumps non-stop. You also get a chance to joke around with people all day long.
I learned to use machines to order products and check in the trucks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is laughing with the customers.The hardest part of the job is keeping patience with the hard to please customers that are having a bad day.
Customer Service Skills
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 15, 2015
This job taught me most of my customer service skills that I know today. It helped me to communicate with the guests better and it also helped with problem solving when a guest complained or had a problem with our service or product quality.
Customer service oriented company
Cashier (Former Employee), Frisco, TXApril 14, 2015
Typical day at work was offering excellent customer service. Planning and organizing my day to prepare for the customers and
task assigned. Co-workers were teamplayers. Enjoyed servicing the customers.
WAS A NICE PLACE TO WORK THE TIME I WAS THERE BUT TOO MANY CHANGES
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brooksville, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: CLOSE TO HOME, FUB AT TIMES, FREE HOT COFFEE IN THE AM
Cons: WORKING 16 HOUR SHIFTS WITH NO OVERTIME, DON"T LIKE WORKING MIDNIGHT SHIFTS, DON"T LIKE WORKING SUNDAY'S AND MONDAY'S
WORKING FROM 6AM TO 2PM MOST DAYS, SOME NIGHT SHIFTS 10PM TO 6AM. MAKING COFFEE, PREPARING FOOD FOR MORNING AND AFERNOON RUSHES ETC. PAPERWORK BANK DEPOSIT AND CHANGE FUND FOR THE DAY. KEEPING STORE CLEAN ORGANIZED AND PEOPLE FRIENDLY. WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM AND WE ALL WORK TOGETHER TO GET TASKS DONE. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WORKKNG 16 HOUR SHIFTS WHEN SOMEONE CALLS IN SICK. CAN BE STRESSFUL AT TIMES. LOVE MY CUSTOMERS AND MAKING THEIR VISIT FAST FRIENDLY AND ENJOYABLE.
Productive and workplace was fun
Station Shift Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, flApril 14, 2015
*At first it was little hard to get to know everyone but I managed to handle it as best as I could. Keeping things clean, kept as organized as best as the team could. Keeping our head up. As being management there was a lot of over my shoulders but I managed to get solve them.
*I learned a lot along the way, to speak and write to other companies to get projects done. Having to try new projects and placing new merchandise in a small location. There always something to do and learn.
*My co-workers were proud to see as their manager and had a smile on their face all the time. When customers come in to the store they find a way to help them.
* I couldn't think of anything that was considered to be the hardest thing in my duties, besides the attention to detail when it comes to cleaning up and spills of gasoline.
*The thing I loved most about my job was the sense of accomplishment knowing the work of the day was complete.
Fun Place to work with chance of advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 12, 2015
Many chances to move up , pay is alright once you get into management, flexible hours, good way to get your foot in the door for a career in business management.
Can be a fun place to work
Certified Senior Sales Accociate (Current Employee), Sussex, WIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free fountain soda/juice
Cons: no lunch breaks for over an eight hour shift.
If you are in high school and this is your first job, then this is a job for you. Its easy and repetitive. There are a lot of chores to do everyday and food to cook all day along with filling out a lot of paperwork. It's a fast paced environment and the customers are great. Management on the other hand plays favoritism and can't be serious unless the "big boss" is in. My co-workers and I can make a great team, but I felt like I was either being taken advantage of by doing most of the work while they "goofed" off in the office or the "favorites" received more hours per week. The hardest part of my job is getting my to-do list done daily when customers are flowing in and out and i'm the only one on the register. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. The regulars that come in make if fun and exciting and to see them everyday is a great way to know people.
I thought it was a good place to learn and work
Customer Sales Repersentive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2015
Come to find out they didn't want me to work there after a month of doing so. Maybe because it was my background check. The manager Dawn was the nicest person with a good attitude. Shem was willing to give me a second chance and THE COMPANY HEADS I guess said NO.

1 2 3 4 5

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more

7-Eleven Salaries