7-Eleven
1,778 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

summer job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free rides
Cons: short breaks
The NYS fair is a fun place to work. I learned it was a laid back job and was pretty easy. My co workers were fun. Hardest part of the job was working in the heat and cleaning the bathroom .. i enjoyed this job.
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: FOOD, DRINKS
Cons: SHORT BREAKS, HEALTH CARE
GOOD WORKING PLACE, GOOD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, CO-WORKERS IS NICE AND PUNCTUAL, EVERYBODY HELPS EACH OTHER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THAT I ENJOYED VERY MUCH.
as temporary job it's not bad , learning more about the culture and people habits
Assistant general Manager (Current Employee), Gloucester, VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: flexible working hours, Learning more about Customers need and how to handle diffrent situation, having more acquaintance
Cons: no medical Isurance, no protection for employees
signing in starting new shift
check new tasks
handling customers requires and needs
counting the inventory making orders
cleaning
sucks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2015
makes promises they don't keep no advancement. I was promised my own store by Jan this year. it's the end of march and still stuck in my current position. My manager is completely lazy, I do all the work and he reaps the rewards
7-Eleven Not so bad
Store Associate (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Low cost health benefits. Discounts.
Cons: Managers are demanding means more high stress due to expectations, customers will steal your responsible for it, dont have over 35$ in drawer you will get fired if someone steal over.
Very good work environment. Short and long days or nights. Management is demanding but perfect. Coworkers are lacking job focus. Most enjoyable taking care of customers and making good coffee.
fast pace
District Manager/Field Consultant (Former Employee), dfwMarch 26, 2015
Corp. uses franchisee contract as an enforcement and encouragement tool. No guidelines of enforcement. Discretion of Market Manager
Stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaMarch 26, 2015
Each work day started at 11 pm due to working on the overnight shift and ended at 7 am. The first thing that would need to be done is a store assessment and a walk through the store. Checking to see that the coffee area was kept clean and well stocked. The beverage machines would have to be checked to also ensure that they were clean and in good working order. The merchandise racks would have to also be checked to see which products were running low and to make sure that they were placed right. Then the current shift when then be relieved and the next shift would take over on the registers and other business. I learned how product placement has a big impact on whether or not a customer will buy something. Some of the other things I learned were pretty standard. I was not a big fan of the management due to the fact that the actual manager was never really present very often in the store. The assistant manager was usually in charge and I find that they did not perform their duties to the extent that they should have. I found some of my co-workers to be hard working and enjoyable to be around while others were a pain to work with. I personally think that there should have been better management to ensure that all employees were performing their duties the way that they should have been. The hardest part of the job was the shift that I was working on due to more physical involvement in the duties. The overnight shift was in charge of cleaning and maintaining the store. We did much more physical labor than any of the other shifts did due to the fact that we had less customers. It – more... was seen that since we had less customers then there shouldn't be a reason why things were not done. Yet one of the biggest issues was the fact they there were people on the other shifts who were slacking off and that created more work for the next shift on duty. So then by the time we came in things were kind of in chaos and our workload was doubled. The most enjoyable part of the job, sad to say was clocking out and being able to take some of the burden off of my shoulders. – less
It was a great but hectic work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILMarch 25, 2015
A typical day on this job is check customers out at the cashier. I was the only one most of the time but I maintained to get everyone out in a timely matter. Lots of positive feedback.
Good Job To Start Management Skills
Store Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Good Enviornment
Cons: Bad Management above when dealing with franchisee
Overall you manage a small team of people and have to do the majority of the work yourself. The franchisee I had to deal with wanted nothing to do with the business and just wanted the money. When it came time for reviews no matter how good the store was doing I was told I was doing a bad job without any reasons behind it and eventually was let go so that his sister in law who had no experience could come in. Day to Day was great. Customers were great and so was employees.
Fun work and great flexibility
Field Training Specialist (Corporate Trainer) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no equal compensation
Great benefits and compensation. Flexible schedule. But the night shifts cannot be avoided. Hot working outside and have to put up with Dubai customs.
fun upbeat work enviornment
Clerk (Former Employee), Highland MichiganMarch 23, 2015
Pros: independent operations
Cons: long nights
Everyone there tries hard to keep a happy, safe work environment. The boss works hard to train employees correctly and works with schedules.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 23, 2015
Sometimes dealing with customers are a hassle but overall I enjoy working here. Our manager is a real chill person and I like working for him.
unproductive, unfriendly,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
The store really is just a big hang out only time work is done is when the boss says he's coming in for a visit .Employees eat all day for free at the job because they don't bother paying for it which means the decrease in hours.
Great paying job with many oppurtunites for advancement
checker (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2015
Pros: employee store credit
Cons: no give on scheduling accomidations
A typical day at work was almost like just hanging out with friends. I enjoyed the fast paced nature and our regular customers. I appreciated that the job challenged me and that they saw something in me to consider me for a management position. I however did not agree with the fact that the job didn't support furthering education. They felt that the job should be your main priority and were unwilling to compromise scheduling issues to ensure I was able to make it to classes. The pay wage was excellent in comparison to surrounding jobs as well were the benefits. Overall 7-11 is a great place to form a career. If that is somewhere you would like to draw the line.
All Aboard the Slave ship
❸ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lynbrook, NYMarch 20, 2015
Honestly, the absolute worst company I have ever worked for. The management is incredibly disrespectful, bonus oriented, and could care less about anything but their year end bonus. They will work you into the ground then fire you out of nowhere for some ridiculous reasons that clearly come out of their you know where. do yourself a favor and DO NOT apply it drains your life, souls, and patience, but most of all you WILL REGRET IT!!
Good job.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
Simple job with minimal supervision and pretty laid back with few rude customers and always a good staff with great benefits.
Reputable Company with Endless Opportunities
Digital Marketing Coordinator- Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2015
Working at 7-Eleven gave me great corporate client experience as an entry-level employee. I was given the opportunity to meet a great spectrum of new people and always felt welcome and was smoothly integrated into internal processes. There was a lack of focus in job description as well as direction that can be expected with a company so large. A greater emphasis on details would have been extremely beneficial to both productivity and learning.
very clean environment
Sales Accomplishments (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: customers
I dont remember too much about this job being that it was so long ago but from what I remember it was a fun place to work. The customers were regulars that came in and it made it very personal
7-Eleven was a great place to work. The boss was great, great work envirnment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Minooka, ILMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at 7-Eleven was great. All of the co-workers worked together to keep the store clean and stocked. All of my co-workers were very friendly and helpful to customers. I had a list of responsibilities to do daily which I completed in a timely matter with 100% effort. The hardest part of the job was having to leave.
Strict but Productive.
night manager (Former Employee), Huntley, ILMarch 18, 2015
Pros: discounts, good coworkers.
Cons: very short breaks, alone for most of the shift, not many benefits.
Due to my numerous responsibilities I was the focus of many inspections. Due to which my manager was very strict with me and thought me how to accomplish tasks in an efficient and correct manner. It was a hard job which I performed diligently and to complete satisfaction of my superiors.

Overall my time at 7 Eleven was a very good learning experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more

7-Eleven Salaries