7-Eleven Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,366 reviews matching the search
Great!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 9, 2016
I've learned the process of being an entrepreneur. I enjoyed working with my team, meeting new people is very enjoyable. Working 3 shifts gives me the experience of the differences in the people during the days and nights of the store, also record keeping when dealing with vendors.
Pros
My team members
Cons
no breaks
Customer Service and Merchandise Presentation
Assistant Manager/ Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 9, 2016
The day is filled with helping meet customers needs. Giving them a smile and a kind word to brighten their day. I work with great people that I care about deeply. My job is a second family to me. I give my all and strive to work with excellence.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no actual lunch breaks
Very relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 9, 2016
Typically start the day off by making about 6 varieties of coffee, making sure all expired things are written off thrown away restocked cleaned and sanitized
It is a very busy and fun place specially for getting more friends and earning new relationships bec. 7eleven is the only store which open 24 hours
Shift Supervisor /Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTMay 8, 2016
I have learned a lot of things from doing this job and earned much experience about how to give the customers exactly what they need and how to be cheerful in all times no matter what is the pressure or circumstances.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
no healthcare /discounts
great
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 7, 2016
This is a great place to work and gain experience. Management is professional and always looks out for it employees. I have learned a lot and have enjoyed working here.
Laid back and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 6, 2016
Working at 7 Eleven was a lot of fun for me. I worked in an area where I had a lot of regular customers, so over time I got know each one of them and their likes and dislikes. Truck nights were usually the most difficult because it was such a busy store, so you didn't really have time to work on putting everything away, but I made sure to get it done. My coworkers were also a lot of fun to work with because they were such a laid back crew that liked to joke and have a good time, but also buckled down and worked as a team to get everything done. All in all 7 Eleven was a great place to work.
Loved working with for our Customers they made my day.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 6, 2016
Work was a challenge. I typically work swing shift and usually you only had two employees working that shift. On average servicing 400 plus customers a night in an eight hour period with a long list of duties to accomplish as well as offering Hot food that we now prepare and cook for our customers. So it is way more than a convenient store it was also a take out food place as well. Making very little pay for all that was asked of us was an undertaking to say the least. What made it enjoyable was the people I worked with for the most part very positive and upbeat along with the customers it kept me coming back even though I knew I was worth more than what I was making on my paycheck every week. I never planned on making it a career but I am grateful for the experience and the things I learned there. I was way more than just a cashier...
Pros
Every Christmas our boss would get all his employees a Ham
Cons
I was lied to my face by store Manage and very disappointed
Productive workplace- always helping customers and making sure everything is sanitary
Cashier/ Counter Help/ Inventory (Former Employee) –  East Northport, NYMay 3, 2016
-Very sanitary place, very welcoming employees toward customers
-Minimum wage was fine, bosses were very kind and understanding
-Shifts were great
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94541May 3, 2016
work is good but sometimes the customer are soo rude with us but we still satisfy them everything is ok... but job is job is still gud.
Fun And Clean Until Star Stop Took Over
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
I Worked At 7-11 Until Star Stop Bought It Out But Kept The Employees. First Thing Star stop Did was Lower The Pay Then They Started Bringing In Other People with No Experience (Their Family) And Their Family Didn't Work At All Didn't Even Clean, Witch is ultra important For Being A Corner Store. They Were Dirty And Rude. Thats My Opinion And Just About Every Regular Customer We Hads Opinion As Well.
Pros
7-11 Was Great ... I Have Nothing Positive to Say About Star Stop
Cons
Dirty and Filthy
Too much work pressure
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2016
They want you to do lot for minimum wage and not even offer 10 min break required by law but it is alright for the beginners.
Excellent Place to work
Cashier-Retail Sales Employee (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 1, 2016
Typical day at work is simple, not much work to be done. Super efficient and simple work. Cleaning. Cooking. Easy Cash register work. Lottery handling. The co-workers are mostly female, but they're already family to me. The hardest part of this job when I had to deal with Lottery for the very first time, kinda messed up but had finally got a chance to get the hang of it after 2 months.I enjoyed this job so much that this was closest to home and I had great intentions, but failed to relearn my mistakes.
Pros
Easy work, Full 8-hour shifts, and Amazing customers
Cons
No Breaks (kinda have to make your own)
Seven-Eleven is ok.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 1, 2016
The Seven-Eleven in Colorado Springs was ok. managment was ok except for the owner of this particular franchise had a practice of hiring ex-cons for cheap labor, and used and abused his employees. Other than that is was ok.
Pros
Cheap Food, and Free Drinks.
Cons
Bad managment and hiring practices.
Enjoyed work environment....
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 29, 2016
The company 7-eleven has branched out stores that franchise owned and operated. I've worked for the company for 6 years, positioned in multiple stores operated by various franchise owners. Although 7-eleven themselves have their own sets of rules, policies, etc... other things such as: insurance, pay, and stability are all based on the franchise owner themselves. I loved and enjoyed the time I've put into the company, very much so! I , myself, feel that because of the fact the stores (majority of) are owned and operated by franchisees, there is no stability nor room for very many advancements, unless if you're lucky enough to find a store that is store corporate ran.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
good company

option for day to overnight hours
pay rate goes up annually
job functions are easy
few employees per shift
easy start for a first time manager
many branches to experience
Pros
good company
Cons
pay rate at employee level is low
I'm not sure what type of person this job fits
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 28, 2016
Pay is decent for a high school student, but the hours are better for someone who isn't in school. And the workload is definitely fit for a slave. The only redeeming quality of the job is your interactions with customers for the most part.
Pros
customer intereaction, you are your own boss, theres so much to do the day goes by very quickly
Cons
all duties that need to be done within the 8 hour shift is done by you, alone, you dont have a break at all (you work all the way through the entire shift), and the work is repetitive and mentally unchallenging
Good place to start a job and interact with different kinds of people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2016
It was good experience while working at 7-11. I have learned various things like how to treat people, customer service, management. I have worked as an acting manager for 2 months. I made some friends in my co-workers. It was very different experience while doing part time at 7-eleven.
a day in the life
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NYApril 26, 2016
Work with one other person, to complete daily task. Also complete orders if required. Make coffee, cook food and keep them fresh are the two major task of each shift.
Pros
not micro managed
Cons
no given break time
More realiable workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLApril 26, 2016
I was always getting called in on my days off. When I actually got to have days off, when I came back to work instead of only having to do that nights work; I was having to do 4 nights worth of work in one night.
Pros
my boss' were amazing
Cons
Not really getting what I needed from the job
great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 26, 2016
7Eleven was a great job. Good benefits, the people i worked with and for were really good. I would be willing to do it again.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
workers calling in and having to find others or doing it myself