7-Eleven
1,208 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

Very Productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/CASHIER (Current Employee), North Fort Myers FlSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free drinks, and we get to test new items
Cons: breaks, haelthcare etc
Working at 7Eleven is very busy, it's always something to do. On a daily bases we stock, check in products, order food and some computer work. My co workers and the customers are extremely friendly. The usual customers are somewhat like friends. The manager is very supportive if you have issues or can't make it on time to work some days shes very lenient, – more... just don't take advantage of her. – less
stresfull
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2014
After the coffee rush you will be doing the paper work for the previous day. Submitting all the vendor invoices and updating the inventory takes about an hour and a half. Then make sure that the 3rd shift employee has done all his work properly. This is important because you could get an inspection at any time. Check the placed orders and make sure – more... the forecasting is done properly and make necessary adjustments before the ordering window closes is the next task I usually attend to. Employee issues would be the most unpleasant part of this job since 7Eleven expects a lot form the (under paid) employees . Being a manager is a stressful position in a 7 Eleven store. You are constantly under reviews and inspections. Field consultants do provide some assistance but they rotate them every quarter. So even if you are lucky enough to get an experienced FC, before he can make a different he gets replaced. – less
Decent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Eugene, ORSeptember 14, 2014
Personal complaints about the nature of the job lay at the root of my displeasure with the company
Wonderful and friendly place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeside, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: customers, my responsibilities, coworkers
Cons: no health insurance
This was one of my favorite jobs. I got to interact with the same co-workers and customers every day. I learned so much about work in general and also how to gain and handle more responsibility. The owner of this company took me under her wing and taught me everything she knows so that I can do the job for her.
worked in a fast paced job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: had to move away
Greeted the customers as soon as they walked in the store. I used the lottery machine and cash register. I cleaned the work area and entire store. I was in charge of ordering the merchdiase for the entire store..
Convenient
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: convenient
Cons: low pay, long hard hours
On my feet all day for 8 hours straight with no lunch break and break. It was not good at all. co- workers were good people too. The hardest part was not being able to eat but work all day.
very hard labor
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: getting paid weekly
Cons: going into work from 2-10pm then being ask to stay till 2am didnt like the double shifts
i would start work during afternoon rush daily duties included restocking fresh food counting food and products while also being a cashier clean the restrooms fountain machines and back room restock coffee every 2 hours
Fast Paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: getting to learn and go to classes they sent me to.
Cons: where none.
Day went buy fast staying busy. Learned inventory and managment on a fast paced level.
Ugh
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: i dont even know..
Cons: to many to list
Its ok not the best job though. The pay is okay, just enough to get by. Since I work for a franchise. I feel like I work more than what I am getting paid to do. Co-workers are cool people to be around. Other than that I plan on finishing college and becoming someone.
terrible experience
Cashier (Former Employee), La Plata, MDSeptember 9, 2014
i do not blame the company. it was my personal experience with the enviroment and the management. i continued to do my job to the best of my ability even with the set backs i was faced with there.
It was an ok job. If you have patience.
Sales associate/Assistant manager (Former Employee), Cresskill, NJSeptember 3, 2014
The job was good as jobs go. You just need to be level headed and actually work hard.
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 3, 2014
Management did not keep the store up with products needed. It is not a good job for someone in high school, or college.
It was a stressful job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cranston, RISeptember 3, 2014
The companty was too much for one person to handle the manager/owner was asking for too much
Good work, always busy, i like
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2014
Great company. Poor managerial choices. Very busy location, Yay! New owners, terrific!
Training department is the best thing they have going for them.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: company car
I was recently laid off due to corporate downsizing and restructure, they closed our department throughout the country. That being said I will try and stay positive and not comment any further on this review.
Manager of Store
MANAGER (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no health coverage no vacations, or personal days or sick days
going in at 4am and leaving at 8pm or later
that running a fastfood store was more my life then my family
management didn't help much they just dictated.
my 12+ employees were great
being called at 2 am in the morning when someone was calling out
customers were the best part of my day
Fun way to meet people while working.
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Wayne, MIAugust 30, 2014
Pros: metting new people, wonderful first cashier experience, wonderful staff to work with
I worked midnights, so typical night consumed of late nighters getting snacks or beer. After two o'clock the after bar people would 'stumble' in and it was always kind of a chuckle. Most were nice but youd find the occasional rude person. I learned quick money counting and how to do inventory checklist. Worked with the delivery people, checking in inventory. – more... Co-workers were always fun, even though i was usually by myself. The hardest part of my job was just keeping an eye on everyone in the store, mostly just the busy times. Enjoyable was meeting new people and sparking up conversations. My boss was one of the nicest people ive ever met. She was always resonable when something came up at the last moment, and always made sure it was a safe and stable environment for you to work in. – less
Not my favorite
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2014
Owner was a creep. No breaks. Unprofessional. It was in a bad part of town and I had to work graveyard pregnant no security whatsoever. The best part was some of the customers were just awesome.
Fast paced with many responsibilities
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VAAugust 28, 2014
Cons: no set breaks/lunch, no benefits
Typical day at work - worked with customers and completed tasks previous shifts failed to complete, then completed my assigned tasks. Management had obvious favorites and the few other employees carried the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and establishing a rapport.
The partiality occurred at the Bridgewater – more... location, not the Mt Crawford location. – less
Fun place, always busy, friendly people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Greet customers, cashier duties, stock merchandise, order and inventory.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more