7-Eleven
1,865 reviews

7-Eleven United States Employee Reviews

I thought it was a good place to learn and work
Customer Sales Repersentive (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2015
Come to find out they didn't want me to work there after a month of doing so. Maybe because it was my background check. The manager Dawn was the nicest person with a good attitude. Shem was willing to give me a second chance and THE COMPANY HEADS I guess said NO.
I'm happy Communicate in different costumer
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Westminster, CAApril 9, 2015
I learned how to respect their belief, food, language and style in communication. Because some costumer they can't speak, and most of all they cannot speak English language that's why i need to do some thing that will help them to understand what they want to tell.
Starter job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Camden, NJApril 8, 2015
Worked here when I was very young and it built my confidence and also taught me hard work. Stayed here while in high school.
Really enjoyed The Public Relations part of this Job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sparks, NVApril 8, 2015
Pros: working with the Customers creating a happy shopping experience.
Cons: No regular pay raises or benifits never any positive recognitions
My day was always pretty structured, our staff was limited so the importance of being to work daily and on time was and is of most importance. I had continuous contact with pleasant and sometimes not so pleasant customers. I also made some personal friends throughout my 3.5 years at my C-store. I learned how to make a customer change from negative to seemingly positive one upon leaving when deemed necessary, i was in charge of inventory, deliveries and stocking of shelves. i was also responsible for closing out shifts and opening the day, running the daily cash reports and finalizing reports, some scheduling and shift coordination.
Fast paced, great customer base, attractive store front.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free drinks and slurpees.
Cons: Schedule fluxutations
For a new generation store it is a great place to be, a wider variety of product assortment such as hot food, smoothies, and healthier snacks. Most of my co-workers are fantastic, we work well together and have a strong professional bond as well as personal. Management is a little lacking, one manager is not enough for a new generation store. Hardest part of the job is trying not to talk to customers for too long. As a store on a professional level and even a personal level we've obtained some of the best customers we could ask for, making them feel welcome and like they never left, that being said that is the most enjoyable part of the job. I enjoy talking to people and getting to know them, my regulars customers feel like friends. and always feel welcome.
Its not a job with much flexiblity
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday, free drinks
Cons: working alone in a place that can become very busy
a typical work day involves ringing up customers for gas, lottery or grocery purchases, lots of maintaining the stores cleanliness.
it just didnt work out
cashier/stock (Former Employee), buffalo nyApril 7, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no support
it was not no support,the manger did not have are backs we was suppose to be a team but when a custmer start yelling he will take there side
ok workplace
cashier (Former Employee), chicago, ilApril 6, 2015
working with 7 eleven was the worst work experience in my life. the management was awful at the time. some days are good but when things need to be done accordingly. u can't because u don't have the proper tools or supervision.
Is a very productive fast paced friendly environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch, breaks, friendly environment
Cons: no healthcare
Typical day at work involves operating a cash register and a separate gas pump register, customer services/constant interaction, keeping shelves stocked/ beverage machines refilled; while keeping a safe and clean environment. I've acquired knowledge on proper food/beverage preparation and disposal. I get along and work well with my all my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have to be the constant interactions with people and the fast paced environment that keeps me always doing something.
Not enough pay, but co-workers were fine.
Cashier (Former Employee), Evans City, PAApril 5, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. It was close to home. I enjoyed my co-workers too. Sometimes it was a little boring though, especially later in the days.
culture clash
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: clash of cultures
rules are different for everyone...cultures have to blend or it will only get worse. no benifits no advancement and only one raise in 21/2 years..rais centse of 25
Great Work Atmosphere
Cashier/Order Writer (Former Employee), Kenmore, NYApril 3, 2015
Cons: Some employee's had issues with one another.
While under employment I was able to perform the tasks assigned to me to the best of my abilities, and was able to learn and grow through advancement opportunities.
7-11 Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Staunton, VAApril 3, 2015
Decent starter company to work for. Management definitely needs to be worked upon. Out of the 3 that I worked for only one was worth while.
great flexibility
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 1, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule on short notice
Cons: no breaks
customers keep it interesting
coworkers are like family
hardest part of the job was the different moods of the customers
most enjoyable part of the job was the customers
Standard of the company is failing
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Paid benefits
Cons: No job security
Fun and exciting Work goes by fast No job security co- worker for the most part are friendly Some good manager and some not so good enjoy the customer clientele
its ok not too good
CASHIER (Former Employee), mesa azApril 1, 2015
it was a nice experiance , typical day , actually i was working there for night shifts so its mix experiance with good and bad movements , but most of the time was good ,i was working from 6 month there so every customer is like good friend of mine but beacause i was new in united states so i feel sometime not secure over there in night time (i work alone from 6:00 PM TO 6:00 AM )so i quit this job .
Typical convenient store enivornment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Fresno,CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: made me more patient
Cons: no benefits and no motivation for employees from employers
Hardest part of this job is dealing with difficult customers all day, but that is also the challenge and which i to certain extent enjoy it.
Ordering inventory for on weekly basis
Fun enviroment to be with great people to work with
MasterCard transactions, assist customers, (Former Employee), Montebello, CaliforniaMarch 31, 2015
The job was quite an easy task able to maintain the cleanness, work together as one, and talk with the customers. Employees worked together. Hardest was always finding something to do and cleaning all the time. Easy was interacting with customers.
most enjoyable part of the job was customers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 31, 2015
fun place to work i enjoy working for customers ,meeting people,my co-workers were great.but it was risky place to work.specialy on third shift.
A good first job
Retail Salesperson (Current Employee), Shirley, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Once in a while you might get free food
Cons: No benefits, not much room for growth
During a typical day you would greet customers and work the register, keep the store clean, and of course make lots of coffee. Occasionally you will have to stock items and put away supplies for the store. Its a great first job that doesn't have the pressures you might expect from a higher end retail job.

About 7-Eleven

Use your experience to build a career with the world’s #1 convenience store. The 7-Eleven brand is iconic, known and loved – Read more

7-Eleven Salaries