7-Eleven
1,449 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

People with family/lives need not apply.
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: no life, no problem.
Cons: cannot make plans past the current week. most employees seem to hate their job.
Need to call and check on your kids? Not with your cell phone you won't! You are required to lock it up as soon as you write yourself in (they don't have time clocks).
What about calling your kids on your break? Not at 7-Eleven! They do not give breaks, they don't even have a place to sit in the entire store! Not one chair. If it is an emergency they can call the store, but you get in trouble of receiving the call.
You can't make plans for the next week because allot of the times the manager does not have the schedule written. They require that YOU call in Sunday evening to find out if you work Monday, and You have to come in to find out the rest of your schedule.
NO paid holidays. Some managers do not allow you to request a day off.
A typical retail establishment wherein employees are neglected in favor of profits.
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYJanuary 20, 2015
7-Eleven is, ultimately, a corporation. It cares more about its bottom line increasing than about providing living wages for its employees, a vast majority of whom are stuck with part time hours that fluctuate wildly.

My particular store is seasonal, so when summer ends, the corporate office cuts our hours nearly in half, and many of my coworkers and I are forced to either leave the company, thereby making advancement here a moot point, or take second or side jobs to make ends meet.

It is what it is; a convenience store. But it's also a megacompany operating in multiple countries, and so has no reason to attempt to provide for their employees. I would not recommend working here if you are attempting to make it into a career, as advancement is often pushed back repeatedly and only dangled in front of your nose like a carrot to encourage competitive behavior among coworkers and corporate brown-nosing.

My management team are ineffective at best and at worst, manipulative and lazy. There is little reason for praise in our store, as morale is essentially in the negative because of competition, backstabbing, and an overall feeling that an axe is permanently over our necks, and if hours get cut too much further, someone will get it.
i love that job
cashier (Former Employee), Park Forest, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: peopel trying to rob you
typical day at work was making coffee making breakfast sandwich taking care of the customer checking in orders ordering the stuff for the store on Monday and checking in the truck on Thursday I loved my co worker they were a great group of people the hardest part was try to keep the baseball teams drink count right but other than that we had fun
It's an ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no raises
Don't depend on security , if you have this job. All the Stores are getting franchised and there is no opportunity for advancement.
Nice working enviornment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Suitland, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Provided prompt, efficient and courteous costumer service.
Be ready to train yourself if you are going into management.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: pay as manager was very good.
Cons: everything dealing with management.
I had to finish training myself when I became a manager. Then had to go and train my associates when I got to my facility. I worked 10 to 12 hours a day seven days a week for 5 months due to the fact I had no assistant manager and had no prospects of getting one. When I made a statement about my long work days and had no time off, I was demoted to an Assistant Manager. 7 Eleven had me stay at the same store as the assistant manger and brought in a new manager hired off the street, as well as another assistant manager that was a rehire. So now this store had a manager and 2 assistant managers. I got the raw end of this deal. The store franchised, and I was not hired nor picked up by 7 Eleven for employment even though I received nothing but praise from the two managers that managed the store after me. As a manager I made bonus every quarter.
Grocery store
Manager (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 19, 2015
I work with the public on a daily basis. I've learned how to do store paperwork and make cash deposits.
Great Experience
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company until it was franchised.
Good place to work if you like convenience stores
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Broadway, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great benefits, charge account so you don't have to carry money to work with you
Cons: no breaks, weird hours
I loved the benefits. The pay starts out at minimum wage but they give raises every year. Customers can be annoying but you have that every where. I liked most of my most of my coworkers. Did not like having to work night shift though. I actually worked there twice. I was promoted to assistant manager the first time. The second time the field consultant we had refused to promote me at all. I do not know why. She never spoke to me.
fast paced work enviroment
Sales associate to Management (Former Employee), Pitman, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: slow business
A typical work day for me was. I would walk the perimeter of the building to make sure all job duties were complete on over night shift. I would then walk the interior of the store. I would write down key areas that need immediate attention. I would assign an associate on the spot to the assignment. I would then have a meeting with my overnight crew. I would then complete all orders, assign all jobs for the day. then i would do my controls, cash handling, go to bank. I would then complete a meeting with my first shift and second shift. then i would go home for the day
7-Eleven squeezing franchisees
General Manager and 5 (Former Employee), Seaside, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: corporate micro managing even the dust in the air inside franchised business
I was the GM and a 5 % co owner of the 7-11 Gas station...in the 2008 crunch and recession...7-11 corporate in Dallas started squeezing the franchisees to remain solvent and floating at the expense of the franchisees...as a result the number of franchisees who wanted out in 2010 / 2011 quadrupled
Productive place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Palatine, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Handle daily operations. Oversee and handle all ordering for the store. Watch over the inventory. Manage employees. Handle all cash deposits. Hire and train employees.
It's a paying job.
Cashier (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: no benefits, lack of management, no opportunity for advancement.
Its not the worst job. I enjoy interacting with the customers and making sure they leave with a good experience. My mathematical , multitasking and customer service skills have improved a lot.
Its a good first job not a permanent job unless you own the establishment.
Typical work for small wage
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Walpole, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free slurpees
Cons: no breaks unless you smoke, unfair to non-smokers
What I've learned at 7-eleven is the difference between a corporate store and a franchise store. Above all it is better to work for 7-Eleven franchise than it is corporate.
Great opportunity to work with franchisees.
Field Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great opportunity to work with franchisees.
If you are organized, you will succeed in this environment. You must also have great leadership skills.
Changed management`
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2015
When i was there another manager was in charge. When management changed it went down hill. The pay was not the best for what you do.
acive and always smiling
Shift leader/ Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westland, MIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: getting breaks all the time
Cons: making sure everyone has everything stock
always making sure to greet the customer happily. making sure the stocking is done for the next shift.
Place to grow!!!
Clerk/ Cashier/ Manager (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: the people you meet
Cons: nothing
When I started at 7-Eleven I was a relief graveyard clerk/cashier and I was able to move up in the store I worked for to days then assistant management to management! My job started out as customer service, stocking, and overall store appearance! As I moved up I started taking on the responsibility of ordering for the store, trained by corporate to provide the new items and what sells. My team was outstanding we all worked together towards a common goal and that was the best customer service we could provide!! My favorite part of my job was seeing the repeat customers we had! I would love to have that job back and work for 7-Eleven again.
Good place to work. consistant sheduling
Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free drinks and lunch was a plus.
Cons: advancement was hard due to upper level management postions very sheldon came open.
Easy work place. always something to do. change to keep the store in working order. Management always looking for good employees and compensates good employees. Open door policy to improve store operations. I work from 6 AM to 3PM 5 days a week. this shift was the busiest normally. Making sure the coffee was always fresh and ready. The hardest part of the job was having go inside the coolers to stock due to the cold. Making sure the price signs outside were always current.
Discriminating
❸ Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good coffee
Cons: bad service, rude
Bad experience at this Place.\
My co workers was very rude and disrespectful they always harassed me. The hardest part of the job was my rudly manager.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more