7-Eleven Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,579 reviews matching the search
It's a great company if you get a good supervisor
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
The daily life as an employee varies greatly from one store to another. It depends on your manager and as a manager it would depend on your field consultant. I grew tremendously within the company garnering all the skills I would need to be a successful manager. I learned everything I know about the retail business from the company as I started as a sales associate. The hardest part of the job is trying to hit the unreasonable budgets attached to stores and having to deal with theft in troublesome neighborhoods that stores have been established at. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting good feedback from guests that visit the store.
Pros
good healthcare benefits, flexible hours in management, easy to move up
Cons
unreasonable budgets
Great company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for. Management depends on whether you are a corporate store or work for a franchisee. Corporate store had great field consultant and market manager to work for. Work life and job environment varies by location. No opportunity to advance unless you want to own your own store. Corporate run locations you are treated fairly, well respected, and well rewarded for achievements for reaching goals. Franchisee stores depends on the owner.
Works well with others
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLDecember 10, 2015
In my time as a student, undergrad and graduate this company has worked with me with every effort. I would recommend this company with their willingness to allow for their employees to achieve their dreams of an education.
Pros
Works well with their workers
Cons
compensation
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 29, 2015
It is a fun job. But I am seeking better opportunity for a better company. The co-workers are nice and friendly, also my boss treat us right. But I think the salary is not really fair comparing to the work we do and the customer service we provide to all the customers and 7-eleven visitors.
Great place to work, meet a lot of interesting people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Keizer, OROctober 25, 2015
I had a great time working at 7-11,, management was great, co-worker were always willing to help, always had work to do, got to meet alot of very interesting people..
Pros
not alot of standing at register, different stuff todo everyday
Cons
No benefits, No vacation, No sick time
A Stepping Stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Co. HQ is in TX, stores int'l, mostly franchisesJuly 7, 2016
It is basically a good place to acquire skills, training, and experience and to make a little money while looking for something better, which is wise and highly suggested. The pay is terrible, especially for the amount of work and expertise required, and for the stress and safety issues involved in working a convenience store. Employment at franchises = dead end, insufficient breaks, no health insurance. If looking for a way to just make some money and be paid weekly, it is good, and good for someone who needs add to work experience. It is a good way to test your abilities to multi-task under pressure. Good if in a cash crunch. Some like the personal contacts and rapport established with regular customers.
Pros
Training, challenging, busy, never dull, people, staff
Cons
Lack of breaks, difficult customers, safety issues, no advancement, little security, people
Franchise based company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYAugust 6, 2016
The fast food industry is currently offering higher rates of pay for new hire crew members than 7 Eleven offers for new sales associates, as a result the applicants that actually stay are unreliable and largely unproductive. As a store manager you get to write your own schedule but you have to give up your free time at the drop of a hat if someone calls in. As a franchise based business 7 Eleven labor budgets are based on profit rather than what is actually needed to complete the amount of work that needs to be done every day. I am currently employed in this position, my job feels like a lesson in futility. As a 7 Eleven store manager, no part of my life belongs to me any more.
Pros
very comfortable income plus a nice bonus package
Cons
your life is no longer yours
A fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MIMarch 19, 2016
I've worked there for two years so I know the ins and outs of this location at least. The owner is a really cool guy who is nice to his employees and the manager is my friend. If you work here you will be running the entire store by your self generally for half of your shift or sometimes the whole shift. This was my first job and it taught me a wide range of things. How to deal with customers, how to clean, ordering items, counting them in and if needed declining or sending certain items back, and lastly stocking and organizing the cooler. Pay is low, and at least in mine no advancement past manager who was not compensated enough.
Pros
Free Drinks, able to work around your schedule
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAOctober 26, 2015
It's a very easy going environment with lots of customer traffic. Management usually friendly, lots of resources. A fast growing company, not a lot of benefits. Great for a temporary job.
Pros
friendly customers, easy to pick up job
Cons
lots of maintenance, lack of consistent hours, terrible breaks
The things I have learned as a manager.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2016
I wasn't as good at being a manager as I wanted to be. When I took over my store, I was doing everything on my own until I taught people how to help me. On my first week of the job, my boss said to me, "People will take advantage of you if you let them. It's human nature." It took me a month to finally accept that he was right. Someone is always trying to get away with what that can get away with. I am leaving Seven Eleven because I believe that I can do something better. I decided to go back to school. I took online classes on my first six months of being a manager. I still handled them well and went to work everyday. When I go to work, I leave my problems at home and I think that is where I am strong. I have enjoyed meeting all of the people that I have met through this job.
Pros
Free drinks, always work to be done
Cons
Very few breaks, long work hours
Stressful
Sales associate/ Lead Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mākaha, HIJuly 2, 2016
Working at 7-11 was very stressful. I have dealt with a lot of rude customers, and a lot of situations in which I could not control. A typical day at work was tiring at the end of the shift. Management, to me, was very unfair. There would be times where we would be in need of help and the only ones we could depend on was whatever co-workers we've had on shift with us. Management would constantly tell us "we don't need you" and make me feel unappreciated. We would be yelled at in front of customers and when talked to in the back office she'd make me feel stupid with the questions she was asking me. The co-workers i have worked with were great, some of them. But because co-workers kept quitting there were always new people. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got to close out because that let me know that i was about to get off with the next 30 minutes.
Cons
No breaks, unfairness, treated poorly
very busy wonderful place for a people person !
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2016
A typical day at 7-Eleven is very busy, and fun. Everyday is different here I learned how to work with so many different personalities,and multitask, I also learned how to make returns, make orders for store goods over the phone and on computer. My co-workes were great and if there was ever a problem we were able to handle it before it escalated into anything bigger then it was. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers that were up to no good stealing/fighting.The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many wonderful people I had regular customers that became wonderful friends Istill talk to them till this day.
Pros
great manager/ flexible work sechedule
Cons
short brakes
Working in solitude was probably the best for me at this job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVAugust 22, 2016
Worked in solitude most/all nights. Work typically involved cleaning and organizing the store. Placing shipment orders for what the store needed. Preparing the store for customers that come in early for their coffee/breakfast. Management was decent. They understood that I can only do so much by myself, primarily on very busy nights. Co-workers, on the other hand, most were unreliable. Though, the few that were and that did their job, were very nice people. Hardest part was working alone, but that was also the best part of the job. Fully knowing that what was accomplished throughout the night was solely my responsibility.
Cons
No breaks, other employees pushed their work onto me
Productive and Fast Paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work is always interesting with the customers. Stocking and handling Inventory all day. Maintaining the food and drinks and cigarettes.
I learned how to deal with the different type of people there are. Maintaining in bad situations and keeping things under control. I learned how to pace and still stay ahead throughout the day.
Management was very professional with all situations. Everything was always in order.
Co-workers were easy to get along with and work with. Everybody understood team work and everything got done that needed to be done because of the good communication.
The hardest part of the job was worrying about people stealing or robbing the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with different people everyday and making them smile. The great service we gave made it all enjoyable.
Pros
Store credit
Cons
No breaks
Fine at first, but soul wrenching.
Store Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2016
Working here is trying, Customers, management, co-workers, and the fact that there is no room for improvement anywhere. The fact that you are risking your life every night, and that most of the time people will laugh in your face or mock you because they know they can get away with just about everything. Management is sometimes controlled by the higher ups, and will make poor decisions based on "Field consultants" who care more about getting profit for the name rather than employee safety. Good for work experience, but not for lifetime employment. Co-workers are wide varieties of experience, from those who are good, to those who think they are good but are completely incompetent.
Pros
sometimes easy to get employed, various work flow benefits, learning how to handle customers and other responsibilities.
Cons
No Benefits, no way to improve, no pay wage increase, high risk-low reward environment.
Modern Slavery at its Finest
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2015
This company does not care about its employees. I worked in a corporate store and they paid less than minimum wage and expected you to do the work that it would normally take four separate people all by yourself. Our store was robbed multiple time and the company refused to insert cameras because they said it was "too expensive."

Aside from receiving threats from higher ups on a daily basis we had no benefits that were worth it. The CSR of this company has to be at least -3214.

This company should be legally obligated to paying its corporate employees reparations.

I don't recommend working for them
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no discounts, slave labor, no benefits, no sitting, we weren't allowed to "stop moving", took money out of my pay check for things I never asked for, scam company
Its a good place to work at, it just gets a little overwhelming when we get an influx of all types of people and some desturbing the peace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  bostonOctober 5, 2015
I like working at 7 eleven, its just hard cause theres a large demographic of homeless people and I get along with a lot of them and with some, I've established lasting friendships, but some are very destructive and rude and very demining. That makes the job a little hard to do.
Pros
Free lunch, flexibe hours
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Low Pay, Lack of Employee Support & Team Work, Low Morale
Assistant Store Manager, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLJuly 17, 2015
At first, I loved my job at 7-Eleven because I came from an unhappy work situation. Over time, however, I discovered that I wasn't important at all. The only thing that seemed important to my 7-Eleven superiors were themselves and their career. I was lied to numerous times by numerous members of management at store level and above. I did not feel appreciated because no matter how much or how good I did, it was never good enough. We didn't get breaks or lunch breaks either. I was continually promised promotions and raises that I either never received or received as much as a year later. They promise, but they don't provide. I worked at 4 locations with various management over nearly 5 years and I don't have much to say that's positive about my experience there. Workers are most often alone, even overnight! In the course of one week, I'd be schedule a variety of all 3 shifts and expected to still function normally when my body clock wasn't functioning.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
No breaks, low pay, terrible schedule, often alone - even overnight
A typical work day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
A typical work day would mostly be me, by myself. The first thing I would do would be to clean up after my co-workers, make sure there was food on the grill, fresh coffee and the cooler was pulled up. Most of the shift I would be on register, taking care of customers, and in between the register and tending to customers I would be making sure that the coffee pots are cleaned, wiping down surfaces, checking dates, making sure products are filled, stocking the cooler with products, sweeping and mopping the floors. And once the employe comes to cover the next shift, we do shift change, counting both registers and counting lottery scratch offs. As that person takes care of the register and customers I try my best to make sure that I put the donuts in the bakery case and once I'm done with that I try my best to change any full garbage and throw it in the outside trash bin.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Healthcare, Gender Discrimination
Wonderful Experience Overall
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COAugust 16, 2016
I have worked at a total of two separate 7-Elevens. The first one I worked at is in Greeley, CO and the second location is in Windsor, CO. Both stores were a totally different experience, however, equally enjoyable. One of the main skills I am proud to have walked away with is an improved understanding of what Customer Service really is, why I love it, and lastly the importance of superb service and the affect it has on our customers. I absolutely found genuine appreciation for "my regulars". I enjoyed being able to get to know and see familiar friendly faces consistently. The most difficult part of my job I must say was the occasional no call no shows from unreliable co-workers. Being as how 7-Eleven is a 24/7 convenience store the shifts that obtained the most business was difficult at times to run alone. However, one positive thing about that situation was being able to adapt and appreciate working alone as well.
Pros
Consistant schedule, small team, consistant routine etc.