7-Eleven
1,401 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

Beginner work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shepherdstown, WVDecember 28, 2014
A decent enough job for a teenager or someone who hasn't established themselves in the world yet. The job of a Sales Associate helps polish some valuable skills needed elsewhere. But, for 7.25 an hour there isn't much staying power at this job for those who wish for more.
Bad Mangement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Monroe, WADecember 27, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: healthcare and
Overall the job was great. I learned more about being better at customer service. Management was horrible but I loved working with my co-works. The hardest part of my job was honestly working with management but I enjoyed the hours spent there.
WORKED WITH A GROUP OF WONDER FULL PEOPLE
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Poquoson, VADecember 27, 2014
Pros: pay increase, free drinks, enjoyed going into work everyday
Cons: n/a
GREAT COMPANY, RAISES WERE OKAY, THE MANAGER WOULD HELP GET U PAY INCREASES, FOR ALL THE HARD WORKERS. I HAD THE BEST MANAGER THERE,, RAN SMOOTHLY. ENJOYED GOING INTO WORK EVERYDAY.
Easy work environment
Sale Associate (Current Employee), long beachDecember 25, 2014
Its an easy place to maintain.
The people I work with are great.
Some customers become friends and its great to meet different people.
Assistant Store Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), Glendale, AZDecember 24, 2014
Pros: lots of learning and on the job training
Cons: job security
Started with 7 Eleven thinking I would be learning a lot of things in a food/ retail mart and yes you can learn enough and make use of the learning / development that is on the job training so they call it. Job Security isn't there, but if you do well you might have a place to work.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, working with public, advancement opportunities`
Cons: dangerous, poor job security
Great company, but job security is iffy because you could possibly lose your job 6 days before Christmas due to franchising of the store. Depending on location, safety may be an issue, but the company trains very well with regard to hold up policies.
7-Eleven SSC
Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2014
Life at 7-eleven is crazy. It seems like everyone is a chicken with their head cut off trying to get the job done. management is not very helpful-they continue to promise extra head count and never come through or only come through after a disaster. not a lot of positive reenforcement, but plenty of negative. Lots of "firedrills"

That being said-the company culture is great. Fellow employees are fun and it is enjoyable to work them-as long as you dont think about the day to day. compensation/hr is pretty horrible. HR can take over a month to get back to you regarding outcome of an interview even when it is internal or questions about compensation (everyone except those at the top under paid)
Phones
Certified Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FL areaDecember 21, 2014
Credit card closed their locations in USA in aprox 2003 until they realized they could only obtain certain awards like JD Powers, by having a location in US
Great work place!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: the danger
it is a great work place i just didn't like that our safety is at risk more often then not.
Easy going workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Leander, TXDecember 20, 2014
A typical day at work was slightly stressful and very busy. I learned a lot about customer service and working under pressure. The management was difficult to work with sometimes, it was a franchise store so the rules were slightly different. Co-workers were somewhat easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was accepting and checking in deliveries and having to put everything up and stock everything at the same time you're helping customers. The most enjoyable part was the regular customers that would come in.
Worked well with others.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 19, 2014
•The Sales Associate position required constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds.
•Provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service.
•Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store.
•Ring customer sales on an electronic cash register.
•Receive cash from customers and give correct change.
•Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments.
•Forecast, order and stock merchandise.
First job out of high school.
sales associate (Former Employee), richmond vaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: working on a college campus
Cons: getting over 30 hours a week. and the boss treated me unfairly
Each day was different. I was bounced between two stores a day.I stocked and ordered products for the store. Cleaned and maintained each store by the health code of the city and state. The most important thing that I have learned great people skills. Treating each customer as if they were family. The managers themselves were very reasonable and reliable. They definitely weren't the type to just sit at a desk all day, but helped out if the store became too busy. Many of my co-workers came and gone but for the ones that were there for a long time were very professional and made the work day go by fast. The hardest part of the job was making sure that everything stayed stocked and fresh due to the heavy flow of customer traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the co-workers.
Good starter job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2014
Pros: meet people from all walks of life, make new friends
Cons: rough neighborhood
Clean and Restock the Roller Grill, Clean and Restock Condiments Section, Sign for Deliveries, Check that Deliveries are intact and correct, Restock Shelves, Clean Store, Make Coffee for Customers, Make sure store is ready for next busy rush, Deal with drunk and disorderly customers
not bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 16, 2014
I got a chance to deal with the public.people friendly environment.
Long Hours
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDDecember 16, 2014
Working with customers and taking inventory.
I learned how to take inventory.
Management was fair but sometimes out of touch with its employees.
Coworkers were fun and up beat.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated customers.
Community involvement was the most enjoyable part of the job.
A good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Quakertown, PADecember 14, 2014
Pros: pay
A typical day at work started at 7am and ended at 3pm, I enjoyed my hours and my coworkers. I learned how to count a drawer down at the end of every shift, I learned how to operate lottery machines and how to take inventory. Management was great, the manager believed in me and gave me a opportunity. There was nothing difficult about this job I enjoyed the time I spent there. I lost this job due to my criminal history, I was informed in advance that the cooperation may not keep me due to my background but I was willing to take that risk and so was my manager.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Manager/ THEN STEPPED DOWN TO ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: all the coffee and fountain drinks we want to drink
Cons: need more good help clerks not doing their job
FOR ME ITS ALOT OF FUN .THE CUSTOMERS ARE GREAT.ITS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.ITS VERY BUSY AND THE TIME FLYS.THE HARDEST PART IS WHEN THE CO-WORKERS DON'T COME IN FOR THEIR SHIFT.
Owner
sales (Former Employee), viera FLDecember 12, 2014
overseen a lot cashiers,safes and draw's also asst with loss prevention.
Its good work there.
Cashier (Current Employee), Corvallis, ORDecember 11, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
Very good job opportunity. I like store work atmosphere. Management is good, supportive and positive.Good learning more from co workers and seniors.
Great people in so many different personalities
Cashier/Customer Service, Stoker, delievery (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, gaining more skills to move up in the world by progressing
Cons: some of the people who come in the store with negativity
If i was to work a morning shift i would go in about 5:30 with a co-worker, we will being to make the coffee, food in being to get ready for the morning. we open at 6 so by that time we are now ringing people up, still making morning food, checking to make sure the coffee table is okay. As the day goes by we just walk around the store swipe, mop, check the coffee table, make sure everything isnt empty and if so refill up...clean the store such as stocking, swiping, mopping, cashier, making food, go backs, coolers.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more