7-Eleven Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,579 reviews matching the search
i loved working here
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, MIAugust 22, 2016
i loved everything about this store, between the co worker thst i had and my manager at that time was nada. she always underastood me. she would work wiith me on my schedule and i would never call off. i was always on time and showed up for my scheuled shifts. 7 eleven was the best job that i have had so far
Stressful
Sales associate/ Lead Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mākaha, HIJuly 2, 2016
Working at 7-11 was very stressful. I have dealt with a lot of rude customers, and a lot of situations in which I could not control. A typical day at work was tiring at the end of the shift. Management, to me, was very unfair. There would be times where we would be in need of help and the only ones we could depend on was whatever co-workers we've had on shift with us. Management would constantly tell us "we don't need you" and make me feel unappreciated. We would be yelled at in front of customers and when talked to in the back office she'd make me feel stupid with the questions she was asking me. The co-workers i have worked with were great, some of them. But because co-workers kept quitting there were always new people. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we got to close out because that let me know that i was about to get off with the next 30 minutes.
Cons
No breaks, unfairness, treated poorly
store manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 28, 2016
i worked at 7-eleven franchise store for 3 years in NJ before get the job at Fort Myers as a corporate store manager. The job was fun but not that rewarding for the hours and the effort since it was a salary job it was funny when i found that my assistant which was an hourly job was making almost double what i was making.
Managing daily operations/keeping financial records.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2016
Daily tasks specific order
Do a store walk with an employee currently on his/her shift and indicate what is going well with the store and what needs improvement.
Completing a Cash report to have dropped off at the bank
Reviewing and recording all inventory purchases from the prior week
Performing a reconciliation of said purchases
If any discrepancy found in the reconciliation process reported said discrepancy to 7-Eleven Corporate.
Excellent work environment
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2016
Fast paced environment
I learned to think on your feet and plan ahead
The co-works were fine they always did their job
The hardest part of the job was receiving shipment and ringing up customers at the same time
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers
Pros
Free hot food and Fountain drinks
Cons
Small break room
Fast paced environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 8, 2016
Always busy, never think you are ahead because you can always fall behind, I am the manager, co-workers are easy to get along with, hardest part of my job is handling unruly customers and the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to communicate with people even for a short time.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Was a good place to work
Customer Service Respective for multiple markets (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
At the time is was a nice place to work. busy office dealing with accounting. Management was nice and supportive. Co-workers were awesome still friends with them today over 13 years later. Dealing with some of the stores. the fun we always had. office closed many years ago.
had to work overnights
sales asociate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 4, 2016
counting register greeting customers making sure coffee was made i learned to deal with ruff people my boss was a good person coworkers were good the hardest part was have to deal overnight people after bars closed the good thing i met a lot of good peoples
Pros
we were able to get fodd on payroll
Cons
no breaks at all
Strong Brand but not Innovative
Field Consultant/District Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 4, 2016
Company could a great place to work if Management was open to operations team. The company is very top heavy and the operations team is not always given the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Bonus can make up salary
Cons
Bonus can be hard to obtain with aggressive budget
Production is good
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2016
i have worked in 7-eleve corporate for 5 month its good we have health care, holyday is overtime, we have vacation everything is gud after it change to frenchise is not gud because no vacation no holiday overtime payment no good payment so i need better payment and scedwel
A typical work day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
A typical work day would mostly be me, by myself. The first thing I would do would be to clean up after my co-workers, make sure there was food on the grill, fresh coffee and the cooler was pulled up. Most of the shift I would be on register, taking care of customers, and in between the register and tending to customers I would be making sure that the coffee pots are cleaned, wiping down surfaces, checking dates, making sure products are filled, stocking the cooler with products, sweeping and mopping the floors. And once the employe comes to cover the next shift, we do shift change, counting both registers and counting lottery scratch offs. As that person takes care of the register and customers I try my best to make sure that I put the donuts in the bakery case and once I'm done with that I try my best to change any full garbage and throw it in the outside trash bin.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Healthcare, Gender Discrimination
Fine at first, but soul wrenching.
Store Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 3, 2016
Working here is trying, Customers, management, co-workers, and the fact that there is no room for improvement anywhere. The fact that you are risking your life every night, and that most of the time people will laugh in your face or mock you because they know they can get away with just about everything. Management is sometimes controlled by the higher ups, and will make poor decisions based on "Field consultants" who care more about getting profit for the name rather than employee safety. Good for work experience, but not for lifetime employment. Co-workers are wide varieties of experience, from those who are good, to those who think they are good but are completely incompetent.
Pros
sometimes easy to get employed, various work flow benefits, learning how to handle customers and other responsibilities.
Cons
No Benefits, no way to improve, no pay wage increase, high risk-low reward environment.
Gerat place to learn how to community with other.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAApril 1, 2016
Need to always be ready for anything as restocking, helping customers, cleaning up the store. This job has showed me how to multiple task, and still provide excellent service. The employees and management are always helpful and especially when we get a big rush. The hardest part is when we have a rush and you are by your self. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
short breaks
Fun environment with the employees.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, TXMarch 28, 2016
I worked with a lot of my friends and a lot of other new people and we always had a really good time together. It made work a lot of fun and excitement. The management was always changing, we would have a new manager every month and the hard part was learning all the differentment things the managers wanted us to do when the other managers taught us different things.
Pros
Free lunches, free smoke breaks free drinks
Cons
The management team was really unorganized.
it was decent.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2016
scanning lotto tickets all day. i learned customer service. Management was great as long as its a franchise. My co-workers were cool and friendly. the hardest part of my job was putting in lotto tickets manually. the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customers who live right up the street from you that were more like neighbors.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
rude customers
some stuff at work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 1, 2016
i've learned a lot in my days of working in the store. Not just one store but several different stores. Working different shifts, different times, places. You see your regular customers everyday. You know them by name, and even know what certain items they want before they even tell you. Sometimes your co-workers will call off cause of an emergency or something to just get off from work. Me as an assistant manager have to come in and fill those hours in because i cannot find sometime the last minute to work. Its a pain sometimes to pull double shifts then go home and come back in the morning. 7am to 11pm go home, sleep then come back again.
Pros
Free drinks, paid every week because its a franchise store
Cons
no breaks, you have break whenever you have the chance, no benefits
Down the Drain
Certified Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 12, 2016
Working there was the chance of my lifetime. I promoted quickly and did well. Untill they started franchising. Then no job security. I made too much so they found a reason to let me go. Working for a franchise is a nightmare. Corporate is temp at best.
Pros
nation wide brand
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
I had fun working there until I got robbed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work was either good or great... depending on customer flow to stay busy. I worked the graveyard shift this last time I worked here, so I worked alone, which made it possible for me to get my work done without getting side tracked.
The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for 10 hours, the most enjoyable part of the job was my customers who made each day special.
Pros
Free refills
Cons
no breaks
Customer Service and Merchandise Presentation
Assistant Manager/ Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 9, 2016
The day is filled with helping meet customers needs. Giving them a smile and a kind word to brighten their day. I work with great people that I care about deeply. My job is a second family to me. I give my all and strive to work with excellence.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no actual lunch breaks
It can be a fun place to work, but there are not enough hours in the day
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2016
I have been with 7-Eleven for several years in different positions. It can be fun, but there are not enough hours in the day or labor hours given. It all depends on the area that you are in.
Pros
some nice people, SLURPEE, good private brands
Cons
alot of people trying to boost their own agenda