7-Eleven Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,532 reviews matching the search
Just a cashiering job
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, ORJune 13, 2016
I learned a couple things about having and running a buissnes, having employees sceduals to work around. I also learned even if you think they could be good people, they can still turn on you because someone said so.
Pros
breaks
Cons
theives
A typical work day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2016
A typical work day would mostly be me, by myself. The first thing I would do would be to clean up after my co-workers, make sure there was food on the grill, fresh coffee and the cooler was pulled up. Most of the shift I would be on register, taking care of customers, and in between the register and tending to customers I would be making sure that the coffee pots are cleaned, wiping down surfaces, checking dates, making sure products are filled, stocking the cooler with products, sweeping and mopping the floors. And once the employe comes to cover the next shift, we do shift change, counting both registers and counting lottery scratch offs. As that person takes care of the register and customers I try my best to make sure that I put the donuts in the bakery case and once I'm done with that I try my best to change any full garbage and throw it in the outside trash bin.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Healthcare, Gender Discrimination
Fun place to work, easy job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  7 eleven DFW airportJune 11, 2016
Decent place to work, really easy co workers were cool, some customers were meaner than others but overall the customers were amazing. Just no breaks, I recommend if you don't like being on tour feet literally all day and I want at least one break, don't apply here. But if you're use to it. Go ahead. It's a great job.
Pros
Easy job, free drinks from the fountain and coffee area
Cons
No breaks, you work an 8 hour day and I don't get to take one break
good for people new to the job market.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 10, 2016
fix time schedules, management is not too impressive and employee security is minimal. poor communication between management teams.
Pros
free food
Cons
low security
overall excellent company.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYJune 9, 2016
the working environment is very exciting. excellent coworkers they all are very helpful. the manager of the company is very difficult to deal with because he never accept your idea neither appreciate your work.
Pros
free food
Cons
less money
Great and productive work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2016
was very long and repetitive, but laid back at times.
I learned you meet all types of people.
management was excellent.
co workers easy going, well to work with.
hardest part of this job might have been lottery tickets and scratch offs.
most enjoyable part may have been meeting new and usual customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
no real breaks
It was a fun learning experience for my first Job i ever had.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lemay, MOJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot from the job itself and how to handle people and other co-workers. I also learned what to expect and what not expect at in that particular job environment.
Pros
Great Learning Experience.
Cons
No real flexibility on hours i had to work.
this was a stepping stone for employment. When I arrived in Florida, took a few days to rest, and started job search, was offered full time employment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
This a world wide company, and pretty good to work for in the corporate owned stores. I learned new job skills that helped me in search for other employment. My original location was franchised out, so I relocated another corporate run store location. Overall, it is not a bad company to work for.
Pros
Descent pay, descent benefits at the corporate run stores.
Cons
straight 8 hours, no lunch breaks or scheduled breaks.
seven eleven
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 9, 2016
Very unprofessional. Management is a joke. They don't change the food when there supposed to they leave it in there boxes till there all hard they just change the times.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 9, 2016
Maintaining a safe environment for customers satisfaction. I also ordered products for the store to manage shelves. Provided a goo leadership and friendly outgoing environment.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with 7-Eleven company, I learned alot from them. They have great training system and a awesome team. In my opinion the best part of the job was working with the public. All the new people i had a chance to meet was a great experience.
Customer Care
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 8, 2016
typical day was just checking out customers, cleaning, cooking, stock and check in vendors.
It was very rewarding getting to know all the same customers that came in on a daily basis. Knowing what the wanted before they even came to check out. The hardest part of this job was that there was never any Team Work and the owner consistently complained no matter how much work you did. As far as my co-workers, they complained all the time.
Pros
Getting invested personally with the customers
Cons
shift work
had a great time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2016
Really had a great time dealing with different cultures and different people from around the world, i learned alot and make alot of friends
Pros
bonus every year
Fast paced environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 8, 2016
Always busy, never think you are ahead because you can always fall behind, I am the manager, co-workers are easy to get along with, hardest part of my job is handling unruly customers and the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to communicate with people even for a short time.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Security Officer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2016
Security Officer with more than 5 years of progressive accomplishments. Self-starter, exhibiting high work ethic, dedication, integrity and competence. Personable team player, able to meet challenges and provide solutions in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
TL;DR Franchise Store ran badly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 7, 2016
This store is a Franchise and it had a hella lot of issues. It was incredibly dirty, the equipment would break daily, you don't get breaks for 8 hours shifts, and police don't take you seriously when you get threatened or robbed. It might have been my area because I was in the bad part of town, but I feel like I need to post this. Our Manager would take money out of our paychecks when money went missing or the safe started messing up without telling us she would. There will be favorites and if you aren't one, no matter how hard you try, you will be the mud on their boots. The hardest part of the job was the customers, no matter how nice you are, their will be jerks and you can't do anything about it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay honestly.
Pros
Write off food could be yours, payroll is nice, my pay was weekly which is nice
Cons
No breaks, most likely old equipment if the store is franchise, dirty store, people stealing money and manager didn't catch person even though they watch the camera all the time
Outstanding Company - Internal and Vendor Resources
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
Schedule Audits, Communicating within company franchises

Balancing both sides Corp and Franchisee's

Managing 10, Schedules, Audits, Vendors
Pros
Making Important Desisions
Cons
Consistency
productive place and good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 6, 2016
Many new and very good things, there is always something new to learn that i pick it up, clean ect. good coworkers.many different people with different activity and culture.
Pleasant work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bealeton, VAJune 6, 2016
A typical work day consisted of checking out patrons at the cash register, stalking items, preparing and serving food to customers, and assisting the manager in organizing merchandise. I gained time management skills while working this job and improved my customer service skills. My co-workers were easy to work with and we were able to communicate well with one another. The hardest part of the job was to serve the customers food and check them out at the register at a fast pace.
The best job I have held so far
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJune 5, 2016
After working in fast food for over 2 years, 7 Eleven is a great break from cooking. The customers at 7 Eleven are much nicer because they aren't starving and staring at you make their food. The management is my favorite part, my franchise owner and her manager are some of the nicest people I've ever met. The hardest part of the job would be the overnight on Saturday where we unload the truck order, there is so much we often don't finish until after our clock out time on the schedule.
Pros
Great management, free fountain drinks, paid weekly
Cons
No break (not a huge deal), the Mobil gas computer is tough to get used to